• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Assuming no pools are done and only singles bracket and we use all 20 TVs at once (40 people), single elimination, we have an 8 minute timer for each game.

Maximum time for a set: 24 minutes
Estimated "get up, sit down, set up, get up" time: 1-2 minutes. We'll say one.

25 minutes per set.

40 people / 2 = 20 (25 min)
20 / 2 = 10 (25 min)
10 /2 = 5 (25 min)
5 /2 = 2 +1 bye (25 min)
3 / 2 = 1 + 1 bye (25 min)
2 /2 = 1 victory (25 min)

150 min / 60 min = 2.5 hours

Maximum time for single elimination tournament using every setup from 1 round: 2 hours 30 minutes.

Since double elimination roughly takes double the amount of time and important sets generally take about half as long to play as their max time (12 minutes, give or take a few):

Estimated time for double elimination tournament with 40 players using every setup from 1 round with an estimated 12 minute set time: 2 hours 30 minutes.

Considering we normally do pools, with 40 players and 20 TVs we can have 8 pools of 5 (= 40 players) and eliminate 8 to get to 32 players (standard bracket) which approximates to 2.5 TVs per pool. This means some have 3 TVs, some have 2 TVs, and the pool play speeds up as pools finish if bottlenecking by rude players doesn't occur.... or would if you didn't have an odd number.

Using the standard 12 minute set time, everyone in the pool has to play 4 sets (48 minutes total). Using only 2 TVs, meaning one person constantly sits out. That's effectively a total of 20 sets per pool.

With two TVs all playing simultaneously, if everything goes well and there is no bottle necking you should be able to finish it in the time of 10 sets. Basically, 120 minutes (2 hours). Because it's pools, you can generally take off about 2 minutes per set, so it'd be about an hour and a half for pools to be finished.

1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes

4 hours for 40 people using maximum efficiency, 20 setups, double elimination with pools of 5 to eliminate to 32 players (1 removed per pool).

To be realistic, add 30 minutes for people missing, food, bottlenecking, etc., etc.

4 hours and 30 minutes estimated total time.

So you're close.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I thought Fan² meant that OTHER upside-down... if you catch my drift. :upsidedown:

March 6th is the next one, is it? I'm, you know, just making sure because it's hiding outside of the parentheses. I can bring my Wii as usual and I even found a random power strip laying around the house recently I can bring.

"What happens if Lain decides to come to this?"

WRONG! Lain always ****s up his CGs. :p

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Question for ya nope X: any idea when you'll be putting the april event on? Planng a tournament for April, I just want to know what dates are open.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
To anybody who played Boss last weekend:

I want to MM you if I don't play you in pools/bracket here. I'm pretty poor at the moment so I can't do very high MMs unfortunately.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I will come to this just to see Tako!!!

We haven't done a reverse mains tournament in a while. That might be fun for a side tourney.

clowsui

Smash Legend
^that

would be pretty fun

so hype, can't wait. hopefully count and i are teaming at this. if ren comes then :( @ the doubles thing.

smash are you going to team w/ tyr for this? if not, let's show sk92 + fow just how bad they are as a team ;D unless anthony is coming to this, in which case...:V

Nope

Smash Lord
I don't know about reverse mains anytime soon, but a secondary tournament with MK, Snake banned might just be in order. I'll decide by friday

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I am going to **** all of SPRINGFIELD... FOR TEXTING ME AT 1:30am... EVERYONE BUT LOU and CHAMP are going to get *****!!!

Top Bottom