• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ally, if you come:

Blind money matches.

Sounds like what it is. I MM people where we both turn away from the TV. It's 2/3, all stages legal. one stage ban each.

Also: HILARIOUS that M2K and Ally could both come to this tournament. I would guffaw if M2K couldn't even go to locals to win anymore. Hahahahahahahaha

also fan fan, I'll challenge you to an upside MM if you do a blind MM with me

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Idunnoooooo. I'm kinda spending all my money to go to VGBC.

I'll have to save some money to do MM's at this. No one accepted upside down matches at my last tourney 8D

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Eh, not mad, I played minus once, thought "Oh, this is neat", and went back the real thing. I was, however, given a hard time for opting out of Minus at Vamp's, so maybe I am just a little mad. ;)
Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Some jerk kept spamming fair with ness and beat everyone.

And Xero you need to come to this because I didn't get to play you last time, and there's no way you can be as good as I've heard you are. We'll have to see whether or not I can bust that myth.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's true. Mario is Mario, counterpick DDD or MK and you win. Otherwise, he has decent matchups across the board. (Marth is pretty hard too)

EDIT: Caleb, do you plan on going to this? If you do then I should be able to come with you guys...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Provided the Mario doesn't know how to properly get in and punish with over 9000 uairs, yeah it can be difficult. But it's not nearly as bad as the previously mentioned matchups.

clowsui

Smash Legend
jab and down tilt on the ground are safe tools to keep mario out. forward tilt occasionally
fast fall fairs and nairs work well to approach especially when spaced well
dancing blades aren't as good in this matchup for some odd reason and i forget why but if i am hit on the shield i'll mostly just jab oos or db1 oos. i think it's not as good because of retreating back airs as well as the power of fireballs
caleb gave me a harder time when he used more fireballs and started back air zoning a little more. he also started punishing my spotdodges

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fun fact: Most of mario's used attacks come out on similar frames and ranges, so powershielding everything he does is easy as hell.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Marth gives me a lot of trouble. Granted, I still have a lot to improve on as a player, but ugh. Marth *****. Fair zoning completely shuts me down.

Kel

Smash Master
Dr X and I played a tournament match upside down in Summer 08....

there are pictures.

also if we do metal mode it will be me chain grabbing you all with d3 all day.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
@kel she doesn't mean THAT kind of upside down. she means turning the TV upside down so you don't get headaches :p
No.

ummm she does mean upside down... Turning the TV upside down...would possibly damage the TV I believe....
This.
Although I think my tv can sit upside down without getting damaged. I've done it before a long time ago.

I know a few people can't sit upside down for long <_<

clowsui

Smash Legend
WTF @ fanfan, you told me in alaarcana that the tv was upside down that one time you guys were talking about upside down matches

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
..no, I've never played with the tv upside down.
I suggested doing that though, cuz some people can't sit upside down for long.

lou4222

Smash Lord
We have so many Tvs. There are roughly 20 tvs at Nopes house right now so we wont need any of those. We still need wiis on the sixth though. Make sure everyone brings those!

Top Bottom