• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Kinda torn, haha. Secondaries with or without 1.1 looks fun, Nope. Will you be allowing MK in this? I'm leaning more towards low tier doubles, though. We teamin, right Jake? (h)

What's The Point

Smash Master
Low tiers doubles is better than 1.1 secondaries. For one, doubles is just more fun than singles, so it's adding to the enjoyment by making it a doubles event.

1.1 would be better if it wasn't secondaries. You are already changing the damage ratio to make it different, and people would probably be more interested in how their main plays in 1.1 than their secondary.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Wouldn't 1.1 mains pretty much be singles twice? Sure it's kinda interesting, but it doesn't seem side-eventy to me...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, having 1.1 mains wouldn't really be a good idea. 1.1 Low or Mid tiers wouldn't be a bad idea. Or secondaries. Or whatever.

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
1.1 changes the game a bit and makes it more balanced. Doesn't it? I think we'd see a few different outcomes on singles.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Secondaries is basically the same as normal. Top players secondaries are still better than other players secondaries. Shugo will just be winning with MK instead of Falco, or YbM using ZSS. With low tiers, not many people even secondary a low tier, so it's mostly people picking up characters and the gap becomes a bit smaller.

I just assume the point of a 1.1 side tournament is to try it out, for legit use reasons or not, in which case it'd be more interesting to see how a character you care about more plays out. The purpose of secondaries can only be to try and shorten the skill gap, which it won't, or to make it less legitimate and more side-eventy by banning the use of mains, which makes it less appealing to see how 1.1 works.

Disclaimer: It's a side event so I don't care as much as I'm arguing, I just think secondaries is stupid.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Secondaries is basically the same as normal. Top players secondaries are still better than other players secondaries. Shugo will just be winning with MK instead of Falco, or YbM using ZSS. With low tiers, not many people even secondary a low tier, so it's mostly people picking up characters and the gap becomes a bit smaller.

I just assume the point of a 1.1 side tournament is to try it out, for legit use reasons or not, in which case it'd be more interesting to see how a character you care about more plays out. The purpose of secondaries can only be to try and shorten the skill gap, which it won't, or to make it less legitimate and more side-eventy by banning the use of mains, which makes it less appealing to see how 1.1 works.

Disclaimer: It's a side event so I don't care as much as I'm arguing, I just think secondaries is stupid.
This is rare, but I agree with WTP 100% here. Mid tier would be sort of interesting, I guess. I don't lose the ability to work out my main in the 1.1 environment, so that's a plus. Then again... 1.1 Samus is kind of hilariously awesome.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Screw all of this and just do triples. 3 man crew battles.

You can even then throw in a round-about Cinci vs Springfield crew battle by seeing which group gets more crews higher in the results..

Plus half the fun is just thinking up of 3 man combination.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Screw all of this and just do triples. 3 man crew battles.

You can even then throw in a round-about Cinci vs Springfield crew battle by seeing which group gets more crews higher in the results..

Plus half the fun is just thinking up of 3 man combination.
Oh, I like this idea. My $ is on NEOH.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL the MK mains would be screwed against me. They'd have no idea how to play the matchup and I'd just autopilot. Yayuhhz

QUIVO

Smash Master
Lol, MK vs a Tl is so easy and fun.

Reverse mains would be cool though..

but like, would it really be mains, or who the person would use against you? Like Smash64 never goes ness on me..

I'd much rather do snake vs tl cause its easier a bit easier : D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Reverse Mains would be fun. Still like the idea of the secondaries tournament, but I think MK should be excluded from it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
is there any way about 5-6 of us from cincinnati could get housed for this? :o
Lumi, it's a house tournament... so yeah.

However, the trick is to get the good places to sleep by the time everyone decides that they want to. Though... on the other hand, bringing a sleeping bag or something is also an extremely smart idea.

Though... it's just as likely that you will not sleep at all at this tournament because of the awesomeness that goes on after the tournament. All in all, you'll probably love it (Like everyone else does).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...I'll toss a vote to reverse mains as well. It never hurts to mess around with some different characters.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Lumi, it's a house tournament... so yeah.

However, the trick is to get the good places to sleep by the time everyone decides that they want to. Though... on the other hand, bringing a sleeping bag or something is also an extremely smart idea.

Though... it's just as likely that you will not sleep at all at this tournament because of the awesomeness that goes on after the tournament. All in all, you'll probably love it (Like everyone else does).
okay. i just didn't know if there would actually be enough room for 6 more people XD

Top Bottom