• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Nope

Smash Lord
Just a little extra, Springfield will be here in Full Force!!!! Everyone is coming back to play and everyone else better be ready!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Full Sfield roster:
Nope, Wakka, Fonz, Capem, Champ, Sil, Sin, Warfie, Lou

Full Cinci roster:
Kel Y.b.M. Infern Smash Tyr OS
Tako/Day/clow/Kass/Sai/Steel (pick three?)

If Tyr doesn't go, I'd say pick four, lol. if OS doesn't go, pick five LOL

I wanna see a $5 MM City battle happen!!!

Assuming everybody agrees, here's my input:

Going by recent tournament results and personal experience I would put Day, Tako or Kass in before me, Sai, or Steel for the record.

All of us, at the moment, are close in playing skill level.

Day/Tako/Kass have been doing well/better lately, have pretty good wins and practice a lot. Their overall character selection spread is equal to Sai/Steel/me anyways (GW/ROB/MK vs. Diddy/Marth/Falco, more top tiers in the second but we have an MK who can plank in the first group as well as a GW, whose planking abilities aren't bad + Day's pretty clutch). If Day at this point has fully made the switch to MK, then it's debatable who we'd put in. I would say Steel over Daycia in this case simply because I'm not certain of her results w/ MK.

Sai, Steel and I have been slacking on the results super hard and don't really have that many notables under our belt recently, unless you count SS 2-0'ing Hilt at MLG Cbus, and we don't practice as often as those three even though I'm starting to practice more.

If it's a pick four situation, Steel goes in before me since he has the best results out of me/Sai/him and his character selection is superior in terms of the overall crew.

I'd be willing to do a round robin with Day/Tako/Kass/Sai/Steel/me a week before the tournament though, top three make it to crews, if that's what's going to decide it in the end. I am confident that at that point I could make it into the crew, along with Steel.

Namesearch bait:
Nicole, MetalMusicMan, Future, Cook, Rauleen

HYLIAN

I posted on Nicole's FB and she said she was interested (especially in the beer department, Smashfield...she's supposedly a BP champ :'D), so...

Nope

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter who you send, the results will be the same every time! We will win. Springfield > every other city in Ohio!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Full Sfield roster:
Nope, Wakka, Fonz, Capem, Champ, Sil, Sin, Warfie, Lou

Clowsui's Cinci roster:
Kel Y.b.M. Infern Smash Tyr OS
Tako/Day/clow/Kass/Sai/Steel (pick three?)
Fix'd. You completely forgot about the Knees. Tsk. Tsk.

Additional Cinci Roster:
Sorasin, Luminoth, Peep, Slim, Xero, and Lyric

J-Kip and myself aren't Cinci, lucky for Springfield.

Sad to say, I'll be long gone to Basic Training before this. I leave November 10th. Hope you guys have fun.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
We should make it interesting and play for booze money lol. Then it would be serious bidnass.
I would like to make it out to Nope's to play a Brawl Drinking Match.

Every stock you lose you take a shot. I wonder how some people would play while under the influence.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I was thinking more along the lines of loser of the crew battle pays for the beer.

Edit: You know, I wasn't going to post this but I've changed my mind. There's a GIANT skill gap between the top and bottom rows on chi's list. If I was in their shoe's I would say that none of us on the bottom have any say on which city is better at smash. I'm trying to shorten the gap, but realistically I have a long way to go still. If crew's are going to happen, it would really only be interesting if 4-5 people played imo.

King~

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter who you send, the results will be the same every time! We will win. Springfield > every other city in Ohio!
ahahahahh

*wait*

ahahaha

so springfield is better than

full power neoh?

M2k, Shugo, Blue rogue, KB, Links/Suyon/Sole???

yeah ok

clowsui

Smash Legend
@sfield

tako brings up a good point
we have A and B level players
chances are, if one side loses, they're probably gonna john about their B level players slacking/ruining it for everyone else
so, why not do two separate $5/person crew battles?

if you guys don't agree to this/cincy ppl object to this, then we'll do the full 9v9 (presupposing that other cincy people even wanna do the crew battle LOL)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@sfield

tako brings up a good point
we have A and B level players
chances are, if one side loses, they're probably gonna john about their B level players slacking/ruining it for everyone else
so, why not do two separate $5/person crew battles?

if you guys don't agree to this/cincy ppl object to this, then we'll do the full 9v9 (presupposing that other cincy people even wanna do the crew battle LOL)
If anyone johns about that, they're a ***** who couldn't just carry the team himself/herself in crunch time anyway.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
O: I want to play! ; I will probably be here, too. ='D

Edit: I just read your post, Chi. ='3 I decided to stay fully GnW. Snake is still frustrating, and it seems like everyone has a secondary for their characters but I'm going to try and stay secondary-less for a tad longer...

Nope

Smash Lord
Springfield plays for Pride first, 9v9 we don't need to do it for money. NEOH is not one city, although Springfield will still win that too (as long as M2K isn't NEOH)

lou4222

Smash Lord
I really do hope this happens. Everyone always talks about it, and it never gets done. It needs to happen.

And Y.b.M I dont quite understand your comment, and Im not sure I want you to explain.

clowsui

Smash Legend
^ What Louis said, Cincinnati and Sfield have always had a rivalry but RARELY have we ever had a crew battle outside of OUGA,

Kel, why don't you want to do this crew battle? If we made it for no money, would you want to do it?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Springfield plays for Pride first, 9v9 we don't need to do it for money. NEOH is not one city, although Springfield will still win that too (as long as M2K isn't NEOH)
Nahhhhh, NEOH is not just one city , but NEOH is naturally grouped as one and that's that. And we'd win. <3

I'm picturing this roster: Shugo, Blue Rogue, KB, Links, and Suyon for starters. ****.

P.S. If anything, I'd honestly consider Shugo as our "true" number one player for obvious reasons.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Lou, you know I will be happy to explain it to you :-D

We could do a crew battle, don't really care about doing it for money or anything. I agree with Nope that its mainly more about Pride. although we all know that Springfield is going to get *****!!! I mean the Police won't even be able to stop this.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Have the crew battled before singles, like a pre-game show. Start when doubles finals (any of them) is happening if you are worried about time. If people in the crews are in the finals, just pause it til they are done. But a single crew battle shouldn't take that long, so ok can do it during seeding (given, one of the crews consist of all the TOs).

Alternatively, do it before on Friday, or after on Saturday night. If you do one of these, I'd open it up to any crew and make a crew tournament out of it. Put Springfield and Cinci together first round if needed.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Problem is most people won't want to play each other before singles bracket, although I'm up for it
Doesn't matter if you learn our tricks through the crew battle. Just 'cause you know 'em, doesn't mean you can stop 'em 8D

In all seriousness, I'd be willing to crew battle before singles.

Top Bottom