• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Keitaro im the worst possible person to ask for brawl advice i dont even know where to begin with helping out :/ Warios just an easier mu to me..

Malcolm Umad i got that PLANNED Dair spike on a planky a** mk!

Also...lucarios aura is too god d*** ridiculous.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Keitaro im the worst possible person to ask for brawl advice i dont even know where to begin with helping out :/ Warios just an easier mu to me..

Malcolm Umad i got that PLANNED Dair spike on a planky a** mk!

Also...lucarios aura is too god d*** ridiculous.
Yooo I wanna learn Lucario cause of his ridiculous Aura!! It's too ridic lol.

Also, do any good smashers go to Rutgers - Newark? cuz like... I'm starting college tomorrow.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Yo man i was watching that match with junebug in teams vs chu and forte. s*** was RIDICULOUSSS. b****es were flying off screen at 40%. Brokeeee

ANTi_

Smash Hero
So im working on trying to get that helplessness feeling like when you friendly NEO and M2K.

Probably means i have to do all that frame ****. When i dont even know what frames are lululu

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yeah I don't understand this hate on Cheese when all he did was follow the rules. He may have *****ed but he technically did nothing wrong but people are all like "**** Cheese!!!!"

ksizzle, I've never had much of a problem with you, but the way you act towards people can irritate me. I usually just let it go but this is going a bit too far. ADHD actually considered you a friend and I believe he can have you as one in the future. There's no need to make a video about his habits for everyone to see. Thats ultimate douchebaggery right there and I don't see the reason for making the video besides attempting to hurt him for doing like nothing.

Seriously, wtf had ADHD done to anybody lol. Dude wouldn't and can't hurt a fly lol! He's a cocky son of a *****? Alright, let his *** be cocky and lose, but he's not a bad guy so there's no need to rub it in the one time he loses to a more than decent player that he says he'll never lose to. Its your decision to do whatever you want but I don't think he deserves the way you are treating him. Same for Zucco, Shadow, or anyone who does nothing to hurt anybody..
Regarding Cheese, let me first say I have no problem with him. As for the hate, I'm surprised you don't understand it. There are some things I disagree with. When shadow lost to Riz( think it was him) at one of the monteclair events simply because after launching MK off the screen he Side B's with falco like a moron and SD's before MK dies. He lost the match for it. I would NEVER EVER take a win like that against someone I consider a friend or have the slightest bit of respect for and would have given him the win without hesitation. The same applies to a friend at MLG. A stranger however, **** 'em, DQ. Cheese "following the rules" is completely fine as far as the game rules go obviously, and for people he doesn't know/like thats fine.A friend though? I can understand the irritation people might have from his actions. Morally I don't agree with some of them but I wouldn't hold it against him/ hate him for it.

I told Wyatt a while ago that people only talked to him/liked him because he's good at smash and that nobody really enjoyed his company. If he has listened to me from the start he wouldn't have said those things on aim

iRJi

Smash Champion
So im working on trying to get that helplessness feeling like when you friendly NEO and M2K.

Probably means i have to do all that frame ****. When i dont even know what frames are lululu
It's not that hard.

Brawl was created with 60 frames = 1 second.

Average reaction time for a human playing this game is around 8-12 frames.

So lets say that your using metaknight, and Dsmash comes out on frame 5. That means the first 4 frames of the move is inactive with a hitbox, and on the 5th frame the hitbox comes out.

5 frames in brawl = 5/60'ith of a second.

There, you learned how to read frame data. lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
MK's front end of d-smash and his shuttle loop come out faster than your grab. That's all you need to know lol.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Regarding Cheese, let me first say I have no problem with him. As for the hate, I'm surprised you don't understand it. There are some things I disagree with. When shadow lost to Riz( think it was him) at one of the monteclair events simply because after launching MK off the screen he Side B's with falco like a moron and SD's before MK dies. He lost the match for it. I would NEVER EVER take a win like that against someone I consider a friend or have the slightest bit of respect for and would have given him the win without hesitation. The same applies to a friend at MLG. A stranger however, **** 'em, DQ. Cheese "following the rules" is completely fine as far as the game rules go obviously, and for people he doesn't know/like thats fine.A friend though? I can understand the irritation people might have from his actions. Morally I don't agree with some of them but I wouldn't hold it against him/ hate him for it.

I told Wyatt a while ago that people only talked to him/liked him because he's good at smash and that nobody really enjoyed his company. If he has listened to me from the start he wouldn't have said those things on aim
Also this.

My exception is that everyone entering tournament needs to understand that it is a tournament. This isn't just for pride, or to show how well you can do against another person, but rather, it is about money. I can understand that some people would rather have a fair and square fight, but in doing so you lessen your chance of winning for an exchange for respect. If that is what you guys are wanting, then go for it by all means. Cheese however, wants money. All this means is don't break the rules, and don't mess around, cause if you do, he will find a way to increase his chance in winning. There is nothing wrong with it.

Edit: Also, I enjoy Wyatt's company. He is a chill person outside of the game as well xD.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Okay @ Malc

I actually enjoyed the episode.

/shrug
That's because it was good, no idea what these guys are talking about.

Edit: So I am watching the pilot episode since its on a Marathon on USA and Mikes mom has long hair and Fi has a heavy irish accent, weird

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Shugo: lol ill just watch some vids of you vs Blue Rogue if you have any.

@ Kai: But was it Cheese's fault the dq rule was used or did the refs auto make it happen?

Will clearly did something wrong that violated MLG's rules. This isn't some local tourney so if rules are violated its very doubtful that Cheese's opinion on that matter would change much. I heard Will agreed with the ref that he would be dqed for pausing if the cg that Cheese did was allowed.

Unless Cheese brought up the dqing Will to the ref then its not at all Cheese's fault but I'm not 100% sure on all the details about this.

Even if Cheese brought up the rule, the other person did something wrong and Cheese just pointed it out.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Thank you!!!!! Truer words have never been said. Kai da bess :)

@Keitaro: No, this entire thing was good and somewhat necessary. It shows one thing that Gunblade and ADHD do not have: Honesty. By getting bad blood with me, they have announced things they thought of me but would never say because I was their "friend". By thinking our bond is severed and they have nothing to lose, I knew how they really looked like : something worse than garbage.

So, I'm not Gunblade, Zucco, and ADHD's friend anymore. In that, they said things that we're bottled up inside that they would'nt want me to hear minus Zucco. He stayed the same. Maybe I can consider him a smash affiliate. But Gunblade and ADHD? They are my enemies.

Also, Bleach is out. Last canon ep for a while. Next week Ichigo and the Magic Lamp? wtf!?

Keitaro

Dam son, well I hope for the best for you all and that people have learned from these experiences.

Bleach better be gooood or else imma be pissed cause it feels like they keep delaying the action I wanna see. Keep seeing people fight that I don't care about. Just make Gin/Aizen/Ichigo/Tousen fight people dammit!!

Also I don't really hang out with ADHD in person much but i do find his post to be quite entertaining compared to most people on smashboards.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
My exception is that everyone entering tournament needs to understand that it is a tournament. .
I will NEVER put screwing a friend for money with technicalities over doing what I think is fair. Like I said, I won't hold Cheese's actions against him personally bc he has different goals or values than me, but to not see why some people would get annoyed is silly.

@ Kai: But was it Cheese's fault the dq rule was used or did the refs auto make it happen?

Will clearly did something wrong that violated MLG's rules. This isn't some local tourney so if rules are violated its very doubtful that Cheese's opinion on that matter would change much. I heard Will agreed with the ref that he would be dqed for pausing if the cg that Cheese did was allowed.

Unless Cheese brought up the dqing Will to the ref then its not at all Cheese's fault but I'm not 100% sure on all the details about this.

Even if Cheese brought up the rule, the other person did something wrong and Cheese just pointed it out.
Fair enough if Cheese had no control. Like I said, it's nothing personal. Still, is this the first time he's been involved with issues related to the games rules for DQing?

Thank you!!!!! Truer words have never been said. Kai da bess :)
Indeed. :)

I left for a while... came back... and am REALLY not surprised to see that half of NJ is still acting like 10 year old girls.
Then leave again. You weren't mentioned or missed. Good bye.

Keitaro

Yooo I wanna learn Lucario cause of his ridiculous Aura!! It's too ridic lol.

Also, do any good smashers go to Rutgers - Newark? cuz like... I'm starting college tomorrow.
I actually just started my first semester @ NJIT which is right across the street from Rutgers Newark. Are you dorming? Also what days are your classes? We could possibly meet up and play sometimes during the semester.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Will was going to be DQ'd anyway, guys, because as soon as Will paused (waiting for a ref to come, who was apparently RIGHT THERE when he did pause) Cheese pretty much jumped up and yelled "HE PAUSED!" in glee, knowing full well and being completely ready to get him DQ'd lol

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Nah son lessons aren't for free. Pay me to watch the match <3

Takeover I'm down. Snake vs Fox, I'm assuming? If you pull any IC/Sheik/ZSS/Pika bs the deal's off lol.
I was going wario, after all you did say you would rather go fox than falco in the MU.
We can do a $5 Snake/fox MM after i **** with wario :laugh:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion

It was Rikakar not rizmf lol and im suprised that happen

Then leave again. You weren't mentioned or missed. Good bye.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also i guess i was the ONLY one who actually enjoyed reading the last 10 pages....:(

Count

Smash Champion
Just browsed this thread and realized I'm a celebrity ^_^

dunno for a fact if wyatt was crying but he was definitely sad. I don't really think it matters.

I hope you guys get over this, you're both good people :/

Good meeting you NJ guys at Raleigh! Good political talk Inui, lol. Bad job calling me booty for not playing phoenix wright ^_^

allied's facial expressions whilst intoxicated had me rolling. Fun talking to atomsk and doom, and good meeting the rest of you guys

^my mini raleigh shoutouts since nobody's doing them in the results thread since everybody hated that tournament. Gave me a lot to write about though!!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Will was going to be DQ'd anyway, guys, because as soon as Will paused (waiting for a ref to come, who was apparently RIGHT THERE when he did pause) Cheese pretty much jumped up and yelled "HE PAUSED!" in glee, knowing full well and being completely ready to get him DQ'd lol
rofl i cant wait for the vid. i heard someone recorded the entire incident

also guys rookie sent me this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5YzJPV0gUU#t=3m15s

listen to commentary lmao amazing!

Count: Sorry for dragging you into it but I wanted to prove him wrong.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i wish everyone would get a long :/

everyones fighting once im leaving lmao

kelvin and you guys
vinnie and minty

its so depressing. i love you all
we get along

do u luv me yet? :[

Vinnie + Minty are fighting? how come i didn't see LOL.
They always fight, nothing new lol. Plus Minty's prolly not gonna play Smash now cause of junior year hardass work in school, ****ign piece of **** asian

LOOOOOOL

last 10 pages was incredible read

shoutouts to malcolm hes so effin cute when he plays

ADHD

Smash Hero
YOU'RE RIGHT! I don't have good friends irl, or anything.

Orion, pierce, etc. have also just completely disregarded my personality and have only been friends with me because I am "good."

Top Bottom