• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He won't.

SBR may do silly things like not taking into consideration Falco has multiple counters, or that Dedede is the cornerstone of whether a character is viable in this game; or that Marth has hair, but I doubt very much they'd actually think Snake wasn't second best in the game... at the moment (and by at the moment, I mean whether or not HE IS THE BEST in the game or not)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It could be highly contested by Sheik. Sonic may have the placings through sheer popularity, but I don't doubt he is moving up a lot.
This.

Sonic'll move up, no doubt, but there's no way he's getting out of the low tier rank. He's just not THAT good, and anyone saying otherwise just doesn't know/understand Sonic's properties.

leffen

Smash Champion
Can't really see why NOONE EVER has mentioned PT.

Yes, Ivy has some bad MU's ( Bullet seed invis frames 1-3 is also nice ) and stuff but Charizard ( has some good OOS etc ) and mainly Squirtle is kinda midtier material tbh.

I dont play PT, but really, Squirtles Air momentum feels just like Wario lol, and coupled with Hydroplaning ( Jumping out of running forward -> "rar " lets you slide like a sort of wavedash fast, some more experienced PT can talk more bout it ) u can really keep up ur spacing ( with watergun always ready for some bad situations while pushed to the edge etc ) and keep on sliding and being creative with his mobility and imba jab game ( to be honest you can jab lock like hell with squirtle lol , Fair / backair often knocks u too the ground right before u and 1 frame jab thats moving ( first and second hit can lock ) )

I dont think they will rise much ( 1-3 spots at highest ) but i defiently think PT has some nice potential and tbh, i really think SBR should include the "Brawl + " character selection screen ( all different pokemons from PT no decaying etc ) and no tripping, cause many big tournaments are starting to use it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
People have talked about, and suggested silly things like he belongs in Mid tier.

Brawl tournaments are Brawl tournaments. For them to be "official" and count on Anoku(sp?)'s character ranking list, you can not do anything that changes the gameplay. That means PT must NOT be separated with no decay, tripping still has to be in, etc. You can have music hacks, skin textures and unlimited replay, but thats about it.

vBrawl isn't Brawl+. They are two different things for a reason.

leffen

Smash Champion
So you say that tourneys like BTYF and Apex arent Brawl tournaments?

Yeah dont rate Allys win in BRAWL tier list dude, save it for the brawl + man, how could i be so dumb.
And M2K isnt playing brawl anymore, hes only playing Brawl + now oh i forgot.

Me and all the people who care about Allys win over MK ( Dont denie it , read MK boards if u dont beleive me ).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) As far as I know, it has to be no tripping. vBrawl has to be unchanged. I don't know if they made exceptions for no tripping recently, the last time I saw it discussed it wasn't an exception.

2) Stop being sarcastic with me. I've been around here a heck of a lot longer then you.

3) I watched the live stream, I know Ally won, and that Lain sent M2K into finals.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What's going on with the PK kids? Down a little?
I doubt Ness is dropping. Lucas has pretty decent tourney results IIRC...If they both rose and 2 others fell, I'd see why.

Mario's probably dropping with PT probably overtaking him as well as Ness and Lucas and definitely Sonic. Just my guess.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Random Tier List Leak:

5 letter S word moved the most spots in the tier list from the current installment.

yup. I'm gonna have to go with that guy. He's obviously moving down. :(

M.K

Level 55
People have talked about, and suggested silly things like he belongs in Mid tier.

Brawl tournaments are Brawl tournaments. For them to be "official" and count on Anoku(sp?)'s character ranking list, you can not do anything that changes the gameplay. That means PT must NOT be separated with no decay, tripping still has to be in, etc. You can have music hacks, skin textures and unlimited replay, but thats about it.

vBrawl isn't Brawl+. They are two different things for a reason.
Lolwut are you rambling on about? If this concerns PT's tournament rankings.....
If you haven't noticed, PT has pretty good tournament results (better than that HAVE been, for sure). PT was not seperated, trippin WAS still in....I don't know where you are getting your information, but it's dead wrong.
PT really deserves to move up in this tier list, definetily not down, that's for sure.
I see him moving above the Mother Boys, Samus, and Mario.

leffen

Smash Champion
1) As far as I know, it has to be no tripping. vBrawl has to be unchanged. I don't know if they made exceptions for no tripping recently, the last time I saw it discussed it wasn't an exception.

2) Stop being sarcastic with me. I've been around here a heck of a lot longer then you.

3) I watched the live stream, I know Ally won, and that Lain sent M2K into finals.

1) So by that its an Exception if they include different character screen / no decay?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lolwut are you rambling on about? If this concerns PT's tournament rankings.....
If you haven't noticed, PT has pretty good tournament results (better than that HAVE been, for sure). PT was not seperated, trippin WAS still in....I don't know where you are getting your information, but it's dead wrong.
PT really deserves to move up in this tier list, definetily not down, that's for sure.
I see him moving above the Mother Boys, Samus, and Mario.
I never said that PT was separated. At all. The new guy was saying that they should allow PT separation/no decay in tournaments, and that tripping should be out.

And I said it would be silly for him to be mid-tier. I'm fully expecting him to move up a few spots.

Also, hope that PT isn't mid tier. Wouldn't wanna choke on those words, now would you?
If PT is mid tier, the tier list is trash, in which case I won't give a rip about what it says. Because it would also mean either Sonic or Sheik moved more places that what it would take PT to get to mid tier. Which would be insane. (Sonic in Sheik's current spot, or Sheik in Peach's current spot). If if those two moved around that much, I really don't want to see what the heck happened to everyone else.

leffen

Smash Champion
I never said that PT was separated. At all. The new guy was saying that they should allow PT separation/no decay in tournaments, and that tripping should be out.

And I said it would be silly for him to be mid-tier. I'm fully expecting him to move up a few spots.

If PT is mid tier, the tier list is trash, in which case I won't give a rip about what it says. Because it would also mean either Sonic or Sheik moved more places that what it would take PT to get to mid tier. Which would be insane. (Sonic in Sheik's current spot, or Sheik in Peach's current spot). If if those two moved around that much, I really don't want to see what the heck happened to everyone else.
Yeah im the "New guy" so that makes u better then me i guess...

Anyways, u must be mentally half ******** if u really cant see that i said "IT WAS USED" therefor should be taken into consideration.

And u said it was an EXCEPTION that ANYTHING ELSE THAN TRIPPING was included, oh lol ur srs.

I also said that it should prob be used by more tourneys ( no tripping into sakurai combo etc ) as it has no real downside. And please , dont denie it has been used in atleast 2 / 4 big tourneys since the brawl + wave started.( Dunno if it was used at WHOBO )

Oh and dont tell me " BUT TRIPPING IS A PART OF THE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "
it doesnt belong in it.

Video proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwiV29tCBk Start and 3:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDIzwex_Xw Start and ~6:25

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Maybe you should consider characters like Zelda, Bowser, and some others dropping moreso than those characters moving up.

leffen

Smash Champion
If it doesn't belong in it, why did the programmers add it?

Sakurai thinks competive gaming doesnt belong to Brawl, so maybe we should follow him and all start playing Free for all with items on high?

I dont think grab release infinites belong to it either, but programmers added it so why not ?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If it doesn't belong in it, why did the programmers add it?
Cause the programmer tripped and accidently hit the "add tripping into game" button, and the game was too far into production to remove it. Sakurai saw this (a little tipsy on Falcon punch at the time) and and was going to fix it being the japanese god he is but thought Mewtwo was another work for tripping in latin in his drunken state, so he accidently removed mewtwo and kept tripping. this is why mewtwos gone and tripping exists.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Cause the programmer tripped and accidently hit the "add tripping into game" button, and the game was too far into production to remove it. Sakurai saw this (a little tipsy on Falcon punch at the time) and and was going to fix it being the japanese god he is but thought Mewtwo was another work for tripping in latin in his drunken state, so he accidently removed mewtwo and kept tripping. this is why mewtwos gone and tripping exists.
Best explanation ever.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Tripping was supposed to be in the game. It's in the dojo.

GR infinites? That was overlooked. Or, maybe there is a legit reason why the programmers gave Bowser 20 frames after a GR and Lucas and Ness 40 frames after being released, but never thought that it would get abused in the way it has.

But nonetheless, no tripping should definitely be in more tourneys. It's truly a beautiful thing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow, I can't believe people are still saying tripping is a good thing.

Remove it if you can.

Shame on you guys. I realize you don't want to "change" anything, but if you change something that is absolutely ******** (tripping is THE WORST idea I have ever seen added to a 'sequel') to make the game a more fair and enjoyable experience, why not?

Sigh.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
No tripping is not a thing I would enforce because not everyone has a hacked Wii.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
I think some of you underestimate the foresight of the developers.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Well, when u think about it, tripping can effect the tierlist.

Bowser tripping into Ike's fsmash is not the same as Jiggs tripping into Ike's fsmash.

Fox tripping into a tech chase grab from Pikachu is not the same as Sonic tripping into a tech chase grab from Pikachu.

I think some of you underestimate the foresight of the developers.
I don't. Brawl is waaay more balanced with items on high than with items on none. Because anybody can win that ****.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Tripping has IASA frames for rolling and attacking out of it. I don't think we should be so hasty as to demand taking it out just yet. People haven't bothered looking into it much because they hate the concept...

Anyways, I agree with PT and Sonic going up, but I don't think they will end up any higher than the bottom of E tier. Pikachu is definitely going up, and I wouldn't doubt the ICs will also.

IDK about the rest.

*shrugs*

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yeah im the "New guy" so that makes u better then me i guess...

Anyways, u must be mentally half ******** if u really cant see that i said "IT WAS USED" therefor should be taken into consideration.

And u said it was an EXCEPTION that ANYTHING ELSE THAN TRIPPING was included, oh lol ur srs.

I also said that it should prob be used by more tourneys ( no tripping into sakurai combo etc ) as it has no real downside. And please , dont denie it has been used in atleast 2 / 4 big tourneys since the brawl + wave started.( Dunno if it was used at WHOBO )

Oh and dont tell me " BUT TRIPPING IS A PART OF THE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "
it doesnt belong in it.

Video proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwiV29tCBk Start and 3:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDIzwex_Xw Start and ~6:25
Nice random flames.

I personally would love tripping to be removed from every single Brawl tournament. I hate the randomness of it. However, I don't make the rules. You want tripping out of every major tournament, go whine at someone who can decide that sort of thing.

And please, use full words. It's not that much harder to type "you" instead of "u". Makes your argument actually look serious.

And tripping is part of the game. We all hate it, but it's there. It was added in intentionally, it was shown off on the Dojo, it belongs in it according to the people who made it. And unlike items, they didn't give us an option to turn it off.

Maybe you should consider characters like Zelda, Bowser, and some others dropping moreso than those characters moving up.
I don't see them dropping into low tier. And if they drop that far down that PT is suddenly mid-tier, something is wrong.

REL38

Smash Lord
Tripping has its obvious downfalls like going for the IC chaingrab only to find Nana trip, but it still doesn't affect it on any major level. Even for the characters who rely more on their ground game. Tripping isn't going to be the deciding factor as to wheter or not Fox outranks Bowser.

But it's still annoying, no doubt.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We actually based the entire tier list on tripping.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Tripping has IASA frames for rolling and attacking out of it. I don't think we should be so hasty as to demand taking it out just yet. People haven't bothered looking into it much because they hate the concept...
People hate tripping because its Random.

It Randomly punishes people for dashing away from an attack.
It Randomly saves people when they make a mistake (ie cant get punished because the punisher tripped).
It Randomly puts you in position for Random Ike Guy's fsmash.

The IASA frames of tripping mean nothing if you can't control it and it Randomly messes up your original plan of attack/defense/wutever.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
People hate tripping because its Random.

It Randomly punishes people for dashing away from an attack.
It Randomly saves people when they make a mistake (ie cant get punished because the punisher tripped).
It Randomly puts you in position for Random Ike Guy's fsmash.

The IASA frames of tripping mean nothing if you can't control it and it Randomly messes up your original plan of attack/defense/wutever.
Tripping can also save you from D3's CG though. >_> And I personally find D3's tripping animation funny....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom