• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, The 5S I think is Sheik, Samus sucks and I've never really heard of a dominant sonic tournament scene, at least locally or in tournament videos.
I havent heard of a really dominant sheik in any particular scene either

also, not trying to start a fight here, but out in Utah theres this guy named X, and I dont think hes placed lower than third in close to a year now, and he mains sonic. So theres at least one area that has a dominant sonic, for what its worth...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah. Also this.

17 :sonic: (10 top8, 5 top4, 5 top2, 3 wins) - 100.7

Sonic's been consistently placing in this spot (either at 16-20) for almost a year now. You can't argue that. Something most mid tier characters wish they could have.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i think its actually been more than a year now
Probably.

I was just making an aproximation and guessed lower. Most people can't handle Sonic mains presenting information, so let's not overwhelm them here.

:p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Who's Espy?
I lol'd

Espy doesn't exactly "dominate" per se, but he is definitley one of, if not the highest ranked Sonic. He places extremely well at every tournament he goes to against big names, so you're right that he's a huge Sonic rep :D For a Sonic player, you could say he dominates XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Espy doesn't exactly "dominate" per se, but he is definitley one of, if not the highest ranked Sonic. He places extremely well at every tournament he goes to against big names, so you're right that he's a huge Sonic rep :D For a Sonic player, you could say he dominates XD
my thoughts exactly

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Steak is still the most ******** meme I've ever seen in my life thus far.
Would you rather I make more wise cracks at the DTilts?

It could be highly contested by Sheik. Sonic may have the placings through sheer popularity, but I don't doubt he is moving up a lot.
...Nobody reads the user /b/logs section... nobody...

This.

Sonic'll move up, no doubt, but there's no way he's getting out of the low tier rank. He's just not THAT good, and anyone saying otherwise just doesn't know/understand Sonic's properties.
...Oh Espy, to think you even agree with the moron that Sonic only has tournament results because there are an imaginary number of Sonic players that range in the millions that are getting it for him... that hurts.

You of all people would know how much work has been put into this... your opinion is your own but please reconsider your reasons as to why you don't want Sonic out of low-tier.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Sonic should be mid or so, but I love how as soon as Sonic's name is mentioned 5 sonic mains immediately jump in trying to defend him from the naysayers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...Oh Espy, to think you even agree with the moron that Sonic only has tournament results because there are an imaginary number of Sonic players that range in the millions that are getting it for him... that hurts.

You of all people would know how much work has been put into this... your opinion is your own but please reconsider your reasons as to why you don't want Sonic out of low-tier.
He's at Gamelot right now. Probably won't be back for several hours....meaning that he probably won't reply at the rate this topic moves, due to how many posts occur every hour. >_>

And yes, he's too pro. I don't think I've ever gotten him to 1 stock yet. Not even on Norfair (stupid lava)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic should be mid or so, but I love how as soon as Sonic's name is mentioned 5 sonic mains immediately jump in trying to defend him from the naysayers.
I always read all the posts on any topic and reply to any that concern me or my opinion on the matter, my affiliation has little to do with it (though granted, it does kind of give me a purpose).

He's at Gamelot right now. Probably won't be back for several hours....meaning that he probably won't reply at the rate this topic moves, due to how many posts occur every hour. >_>

And yes, he's too pro. I don't think I've ever gotten him to 1 stock yet. Not even on Norfair (stupid lava)
*shrug* what a shame then, apparently it's too much to ask to give/take credit where it's due.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Espy's a pretty cool guy, but Sonic is not quite strong enough to summon the right amount of A1 Sauce to let him rise past low tier.

REL38

Smash Lord
I came to this thread to debate about Brawl and Tiers and everyone's talking about tripping like we're in June '08.

. . . sigh
Wow, way to miss sarcasm

Smooth Criminal
I was agreeing with Pierce7d by making fun of how people see tripping as a big deal. If it didn't come off that way, oh well. I didn't put much thought into it :p

Anyways . . . 2 more days until the new tier list w00t

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I hope Ike doesn't drop to much :<

Wow at all these Sonic mains in the last few pages.

Oh wait.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have to wonder where squirtle would be if we could play him seperately

*siiiigh*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have to disagree primarily because of his tournament results. If he was a low tier caracter, why is it that he is performing so much better than them?
I have to agree with this.

If Sonic belonged in his tier placement, he wouldn't be placing 15 spots above his current spot on the list.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Squirtle would definitely be pretty high up there on his own. Maybe with Kirby, pit, and stuff like that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Steak is still the most ******** meme I've ever seen in my life thus far.
Dotcom said this to me at Apex. Then I explained the joke to him and he thought it was one of the funniest memes he ever heard in his life XD You can't knock it till ya try it.

If Sonic makes Mid, I'll be surprised. I think he has the potential to take the last or close to last spot in Mid Tier, but I'm expecting top of Low. Mario I'm thinking will make it out of Low.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol I was JK guys, I think Sonic can be mid tier.

I think some of you will be disappointed regardless of where he is placed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lol I was JK guys, I think Sonic can be mid tier.

I think some of you will be disappointed regardless of where he is placed.
I think he could do, I just don't think he will be XD

I'll be a little upset though if I can't use Sonic anymore in Low Tier tournies XD I'll have to represent the Falcon...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
A 0-100 matchup against marth?
WHOA, that statement holds truf? (not sarcasm)

and i could see Bowser being the new MK of low tier (assuming Sonic makes it out)

M.K

Level 55
The final Spring tournament results are up.
Yes, Pokemon Trainer players REALLY stepped it up. I'm proud to say that I fully expect him to rise on the next tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom