• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Granted, its like icys where if they grab you once you die
except that marths requires muchhh less tech skill
and marths grab range is like twice as long =D

You PT guys be lucky you have charizard!
Charizard is no match for Falco's pew pew. lol

And honestly, Sonic should be mid tier if only for the reason that he does not have any detrimental weaknesses to exploit as opposed to the other true low tiers (aka all of the others crappy characters except Pokemon Trainer). He just does not have anything broken about him; then again, neither do Pit or Toon Link.

(BTW, shouldn't Ness have the steak meme as it is actually noted in his games that he likes steak?)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The final Spring tournament results are up.
Yes, Pokemon Trainer players REALLY stepped it up. I'm proud to say that I fully expect him to rise on the next tier list.
Too bad it probably won't be by too much. :(

Charizard is no match for Falco's pew pew. lol
Rock Smash beats everything, don't you know?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ganondorf's f-smash goes through the entire thing, including breaking the little rock pieces that go out far to the sides, and hits Charizard.
Falco's Down-B breaks the rock and fires all the shards at Charizard, dealing a fair amount of damage.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Then Jigglypuff rests both of you, seeing as she is the superior pokemon.
Ivysaur's Bullet Seed invincibility would overlap Rest's invincibility frames, causing the game to crash and all traces of Ganondorf from that copy of Brawl.

Also, Pokemon Trainer's not gonna be as high as he should be, I think.

M.K

Level 55
Ivysaur's Bullet Seed invincibility would overlap Rest's invincibility frames, causing the game to crash and all traces of Ganondorf from that copy of Brawl.

Also, Pokemon Trainer's not gonna be as high as he should be, I think.
But wait, you are in the Back Room yourself, aren't you Reflex?
Oh ****, I hope this isn't one of those "subtle hints" that the BRoomers have been dropping left and right T_T.
He doesn't deserve to be 6th from last, that's for **** sure.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm...predictions. I don't see any huge changes happening anytime soon. I'd expect any given character to move at most 4-5 places from where they were on v2.0.

As for specifics, I definitely feel that G&W should and will drop at least a couple spots. He doesn't have much more room for change and growth. He's too straightforward. He also falls (imo) to the more recently popular, rising, and/or more dominant characters such as MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy (<<< the 4 I think will/should be the top 4), Marth, and Oli.

Even though I don't think it's right, the IC will definitely rise. Even with all of their bad matchups and low representation around the country, the recent defeats of DSF, Judge, Dojo, and M2K by IC players (mainly Lain, I suppose) has surely sparked some kind of argument in the SBR for the character to move up. I think it's way too early to tell whether the matchup is truly even or not though- whether this will continue. I think it'll be a repeat of the Diddy v MK saga.

Hopefully the SBR will come to the conclusion that Sheik/Zelda deserves a separate spot on the tier list, even though I think Zelda is crap for a character and Sheik is considerably better. >_>

Ganon deserves the title as the worst character. His mobility, a characteristic very important in this evermore campy game, is just so horrendous... At least Captain Falcon can move around relatively quickly, try to create some openings, and amount to some sort of offense. Ganondorf is forced to just throw out a bunch of his quickest attacks and hope his opponent is either standing still or screwing up their zoning game.

Sonic and PokeTrainer have to go up, if only by a little. >_>

Overall, I'd expect the characters to move a bit closer. Tiers should represent different "levels" of character. I feel that the currently low/mid tier characters are actually pretty decently close when it comes to how good they are. There are too many tiers in v2.0.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
and i could see Bowser being the new MK of low tier (assuming Sonic makes it out)
Pshhhh... I dunno, if Boozer was the MK of low tiers, then Mario is the Snake.

And honestly, Sonic should be mid tier if only for the reason that he does not have any detrimental weaknesses to exploit as opposed to the other true low tiers (aka all of the others crappy characters except Pokemon Trainer). He just does not have anything broken about him; then again, neither do Pit or Toon Link.
What detrimental weakness exactly does Mario have (other than the standing infinite D3 has, although he can get out of that, albeit with difficulty.)?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ITT: SBR members play with peoples minds.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hopefully the SBR will come to the conclusion that Sheik/Zelda deserves a separate spot on the tier list, even though I think Zelda is crap for a character and Sheik is considerably better. >_>
I think that is one thing I can tell.

Sorry to disappoint, but this time Zelda/Sheik combo still has no separate entry on the tierlist. Unfortunately.

@fromundaman:
Mario's weaknesses? Okay.
He's got trouble KOing, recovering, has pisspoor range, the most useless move in the game (DTilt).

The cape alone and a bit of combos doesn't warrant mid tier.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hmm...predictions. I don't see any huge changes happening anytime soon. I'd expect any given character to move at most 4-5 places from where they were on v2.0.

As for specifics, I definitely feel that G&W should and will drop at least a couple spots. He doesn't have much more room for change and growth. He's too straightforward. He also falls (imo) to the more recently popular, rising, and/or more dominant characters such as MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy (<<< the 4 I think will/should be the top 4), Marth, and Oli.

Even though I don't think it's right, the IC will definitely rise. Even with all of their bad matchups and low representation around the country, the recent defeats of DSF, Judge, Dojo, and M2K by IC players (mainly Lain, I suppose) has surely sparked some kind of argument in the SBR for the character to move up. I think it's way too early to tell whether the matchup is truly even or not though- whether this will continue. I think it'll be a repeat of the Diddy v MK saga.

Ganon deserves the title as the worst character. His mobility, a characteristic very important in this evermore campy game, is just so horrendous... At least Captain Falcon can move around relatively quickly, try to create some openings, and amount to some sort of offense. Ganondorf is forced to just throw out a bunch of his quickest attacks and hope his opponent is either standing still or screwing up their zoning game.

Sonic and PokeTrainer have to go up, if only by a little. >_>

Overall, I'd expect the characters to move a bit closer. Tiers should represent different "levels" of character. I feel that the currently low/mid tier characters are actually pretty decently close when it comes to how good they are. There are too many tiers in v2.0.
YAY you posted ;_; finally

By that last comment, are you saying the mid tiers are more like low tiers, or that the low tiers are more like mid tiers (and, out of curiosity, do you think mid tiers should be characters considered viable)?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Are you forgetting Meta-Knight's moveset Ganondorf's UpTilt?
Ganondorf's UTilt can be nicely used for edgeguarding, I use it several times when playing him. No offense, but I think Mario's DTilt is the most useless move, or at least second-most useless, since Sing is pretty useless as well.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
What Spadefox said fromundaman. Hylian, are you allowed to divulge whether the tier list be released early Friday morning or Friday afternoon?

And in regards to Hylian's hint on the 5 digit S word, it is obviously Samus moving down the most spots to third from the bottom.

EDIT: And most useless move is obviously Warlock Punch.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that is one thing I can tell.

Sorry to disappoint, but this time Zelda/Sheik combo still has no separate entry on the tierlist. Unfortunately.
Meh... Sheik will probably be better at killing in a couple years anyways, seeing as how increasingly easy it is to avoid Zelda.

YAY you posted ;_; finally

By that last comment, are you saying the mid tiers are more like low tiers, or that the low tiers are more like mid tiers (and, out of curiosity, do you think mid tiers should be characters considered viable)?
O__o I think this game (at least as far as the characters considered mid tier and lower are concerned, and excluding a select few of the worse... ganon for instance) is actually more balanced than many imply. I don't think there's very much to separate them from each other.

Tiers don't define how viable a character is. The character's matchups and, as importantly, the player behind the character does. Reflex proved PT viable, and he's somewhere around 6-7th from the bottom on v2.0. lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@fromundaman:
Mario's weaknesses? Okay.
He's got trouble KOing, recovering, has pisspoor range, the most useless move in the game (DTilt).

The cape alone and a bit of combos doesn't warrant mid tier.
Meh, his KOing options aren't too bad. Granted, they aren't great, but Dsmash and Usmash can both kill unstaled, and Fsmash kills really easily. That being said, Dsmash is NEVER fresh. (Sigh... Bthrow, what the hell happened to your KO power?)
His smashes also always do some kind of pullback/dodge.

His recovery isn't good, but it's not horrible unless he's sent horizontally. then again, he is ridiculously easy to edgehog.

For range, that's mostly true, but his Fsmash, if stutter stepped, can outrange marth's Fsmash. That doesn't make up for a whole moveset of short ranged move, but I'm just pointing that out.

Dtilt... Ahhh... can't really contest that... His DA is pretty bad too.

He does have more than just 'a few' combos though, has an okay grab game, good airgame, a good projectile, good OoS options, as well as an amazing combo breaker, and his UpB is pretty good as a defensive move. Also, one of the better gimpers in the game.

Also, I know what his weaknesses are, but the guy was going on about the debilitating weaknesses all the low tiers have, and Mario doesn't really have such overwhelming weaknesses. Not saying he's a great character, but meh, him moving up a spot or two wouldn't have surprised me.
That being said, I'd rather he stay low tier.

Are you telling me that Mario's dtilt is worser then Ivysaurs Dsmash?
Yeah... I think Mario's Dtilt is as useless as Warlock Punch... No wait, Warlock Punch is good if Ganon ever gets a shieldbreak. Yup, most useless move in the game.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Its June 5th wheres the tier list?!?!?!?! >_< ... i believe that Wario is going to move up as well as zero and PT, moving down: mk going to be S with snake all cuz of one Canadian beating some guy from NJ.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Its June 5th wheres the tier list?!?!?!?! >_< ... i believe that Wario is going to move up as well as zero and PT, moving down: mk going to be S with snake all cuz of one Canadian beating some guy from NJ.
June 5th is tomorrow.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Also, I know what his weaknesses are, but the guy was going on about the debilitating weaknesses all the low tiers have, and Mario doesn't really have such overwhelming weaknesses. Not saying he's a great character, but meh, him moving up a spot or two wouldn't have surprised me.
That being said, I'd rather he stay low tier.
Admittedly, I was thinking of him being infinitely chaingrabbed by DDD and his pitiful range when I thought of his debilitating weakness. Then again, the chaingrab isn't enough to put someone in low tier, case in point Luigi and Bowser.

Was not really trying to single out any character in particular. Thinking about it, a better characteristic to describe the low tiers would have been lack of favorable balance between their pros and cons (by favorable balance I would mean 65% pro to 35% con). Sorry man. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Let's not forget Donkey Bong, he gets ***** the most out of D3 and he's still up way ahead any of the other characters who get gayed by the same technique... which only affects them to a lesser extent.

BloodFire

Smash Rookie
I believe Lucario will go down. But not by much. ROB will too. Not enough tournament rep.

As much as I'd like Link to go up. I don't think it will happen. (hopefully he won't go to bottom :X)

If falcon goes up, that would really be cool. He's such an underestimated character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
...Oh Espy, to think you even agree with the moron that Sonic only has tournament results because there are an imaginary number of Sonic players that range in the millions that are getting it for him... that hurts.

You of all people would know how much work has been put into this... your opinion is your own but please reconsider your reasons as to why you don't want Sonic out of low-tier.
Perhaps I should've been a smidge more specific onto what exactly I agreed with.
Never-the-less, I'll just drop it altogether.

Sonic CAN possibly, and most likely will pop out of low tier due to results alone, but in all honesty, I feel as though he doesn't deserve to get moved outside of the Low Tier Zone.

He honestly just isn't that good.

Espy's a pretty cool guy, but Sonic is not quite strong enough to summon the right amount of A1 Sauce to let him rise past low tier.
Of course not, he uses all of the sauce on ****** people in tournaments. I know I wouldn't waste my A1 on something as needless as tier lists.

Lol I was JK guys, I think Sonic can be mid tier.

I think some of you will be disappointed regardless of where he is placed.
I know I'm gonna be irritated if he gets out of Low, since I really don't expect him to go any higher than the top of Low Tier.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Espy is gonna be mad if sonic is not low tier anymore cause he wont win low tier tournies anymore

exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom