• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
You forgot Toon Link and Pit. >_>
hmmm

Well, I should give my opinion of how I think the next tier list should look like.

Metaknight
Snake

Wario
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Falco
Mr.Game and Watch
Marth

Ice Climbers
Olimar
R.O.B
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Zelda/Sheik

Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Ike
Bowser

Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Captain Falcon

Ganondorf

I found pit...no TL?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Jigglypuff's d tilt is worse than Marios.

But Sing isn't a bad move. Last time I checked I hit Dojo with it ;)
Mario's Dtilt has absolutely no use. The cooldown is longer than the hitstun it provides, meaning using it at all is unsafe. Dsmash is better in every way. It's been terrible since 64. I don't know about Jiggz' Dtilt, but it's hard to believe that she's got 2 useless attacks.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff only has 1 useless attack. Its her Dtilt. Don't even imagine hitting with it. It comes out like the same time as Fsmash does but does less knockback and damage.

Sing is useful, if it wasn't I wouldn't be pushing up b a couple times in my matches.

Sing canceling is very useful and can get KO's because I can follow up with a fsmash in time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Mario's Dtilt has absolutely no use. The cooldown is longer than the hitstun it provides, meaning using it at all is unsafe. Dsmash is better in every way. It's been terrible since 64.
No way; I thought it would pop people up in N64 Smash for comboing. Either that or pseudo-spike.

gm jack

Smash Lord
If they put in a combined Zelda/Sheik (which apparently they haven't) it would likely be closer to Pikachu and Kirby. The combination means they have no hard counters (matchup worse than 60:40 against them) even if you only transform to get to the person who does better against your current enemy. Combining them at the right times gives a very under rated character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who needed to worry about any other move in Smash 64 for mario other than:

Up air Z Cancelled
Fair like Diddy Kong's brawl one (exactly)

you needed nothing else... honestly.

Zelda/Sheik is probably B tierish. Low B, not A. Sorry fellas.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If they put in a combined Zelda/Sheik (which apparently they haven't) it would likely be closer to Pikachu and Kirby. The combination means they have no hard counters (matchup worse than 60:40 against them) even if you only transform to get to the person who does better against your current enemy. Combining them at the right times gives a very under rated character.
Good luck transforming without getting punished...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, I should give my opinion of how I think the next tier list should look like.

Metaknight
Snake

Wario
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Falco
Mr.Game and Watch
Marth

Ice Climbers
Olimar
R.O.B
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Zelda/Sheik

Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Ike
Bowser

Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Captain Falcon

Ganondorf
Ike 7th worse?

lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good luck transforming without getting punished...
Not hard. Well, it's probably easier for Zelda anyway. And even though you CAN play both or choose mid game, the fact of the matter is that at any given time you can only be playing one very different character or the other. Pokemon Trainer isn't seperated (I think) because of the fatigue. It forces you to switch whether you want to or not, thus 3 characters are treated as one.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not hard. Well, it's probably easier for Zelda anyway. And even though you CAN play both or choose mid game, the fact of the matter is that at any given time you can only be playing very different character or the other. Pokemon Trainer isn't separated (I think) because of the fatigue. It forces you to switch whether you want to or not, thus 3 characters are treated as one.
It's not so much the fatigue as it is the fact that you auto-switch when you are KO'd. Otherwise, a lot of people would still just play Squirtle anyway.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I disagree with Z/S placement. That's worse than current Zelda alone.

Low B sounds right to me...

And lol, it's not hard to Transform. At all. Sheik transforms to Zelda quicker than the other way around. A good nair, bair, Dsmash, or whatever does the trick. For Zelda, most people wait until the kill, but if not, then it's really a matter of landing anything except something like Usmash on Fox and he lives. You also have the beginning of lives, when the opponent is recovering, or when the opponent is camping away from you. And really, if it is worth it, you can just... transform where you are and eat an attack that won't kill you at 0-30%.

Difficulty of transformation = basically not there with smart play, even though it's no Melee Transform.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if the fact that you don't have to change is really enough to justify not giving them a spot. They already combined their tournament results. It's really one character that changes attributes. Same weight, same move, same team. I guess I don't have much of an argument for it, at least not yet.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Doesn't Zelda and Sheik both have stalling properties with their transformation if they do it whilst jumping/after momentum cancelling a hit? (like if they're hit high up, and down b they won't be following usual gravity)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Doesn't Zelda and Sheik both have stalling properties with their transformation if they do it whilst jumping/after momentum cancelling a hit? (like if they're hit high up, and down b they won't be following usual gravity)
Something similar, because of how momentum-changing B moves work.

It's not particularly hard to find a time to switch.

gm jack

Smash Lord
There is an AT with most of their special moves so that if you do it immediately after a jump out of tumbling, you get a massive vertical momentum boost. The invincibility makes it stupid for anyone but MK to try and get that far out to hit you, so it's pretty safe. You also fall pretty slowly, so it is a fairly safe option give that they both have decent recovery options (Zelda can Fayore's Wind to either the ledge or stage, Sheik has the chain and vanish).

As SoR said, low B is about right. I suspect the character is just about viable combined, but is not going to dominate in any way.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
No, because every Zelda player worth his or her salt says she belongs in low tier.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well there's a difference. If you get hit with Meta Knight's Jab, you won't have the time to punish him for it. If Sing or Mario's DTilt hit you, you can punish them for using it and hitting you, that's how bad they are. :p
To be fair, a lot of characters can also punish a successful Kirby swallow. That being said, I still agree that Mario Dtilt is the most useless move in the game, followed very closely by sing.

Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Captain Falcon

Ganondorf
Okay, I think we can all agree that Ganon really sucks, but really, you honestly think he sucks enough to get a separate tier from CF and Link?

Still, I have to agree with most of your list in terms of actual placement.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm a little ashamed that I'm excited to see it.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Tonight at midnight.
For some countries it's already the 5th.

And for GMT+1 (summer time) it will be in just over 3 hours.

Yay!

And the solo Zelda front, I wouldn't be surprised if went into the top of low tier of the very bottom of mid. Hard counters from MK, Snake and G&W are crushing a character who wasn't that great to begin with.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Midnight, Eastern Time Zone. Since I was answering brinboy, who lives in the same time zone as I do, I didn't feel I had to go into specifics about it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ike is pretty bad, honestly. Way too predictable.
I guess he is... Unless your opponent knows NOT to use his slow attacks and sticks to jabs, grabs and fair/bairs. Then he's a fast, spammy character.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ike isn't predictable if he sticks with three attacks and his grabs? What, is every Ike player equivalent to Drephen or something?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ike isn't predictable if he sticks with three attacks and his grabs? What, is every Ike player equivalent to Drephen or something?
grabs for punishing shields, and fast attacks for punishing everything else.

hey, any character can do that and if they're not found out, they gain a pretty good advantage at non-top levels of play. ;)

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I'm surprised I didn't see a "ZOMFG! IS FALCON STILL BOTTOM TIER!?" :laugh:

Seriously, I main Snake so I don't really care. I just want to see how the community will react to the new tier list.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like winning 50 Rock-Paper-Scissors games in a row with the strategy "I'm going to go Rock every single time but you probably won't realize this until it's too late!"

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's like winning 50 Rock-Paper-Scissors games in a row with the strategy "I'm going to go Rock every single time but you probably won't realize this until it's too late!"
Exactly! :bee:

Btw the Ike thing was supposed to be a joke from the start (except the part where you can win by spacing fast attacks and punishing shields with grabs... That's not entirely untrue)... Dunno if you took it as if I was seriously saying it's a great idea.

Plus, having a predictable opponent won't save you every time from that attack. I mean, if you see a Kirby jumping backwards towards you, you KNOW he's going to use bair, therefore you're predicting his usage of bair... But when he hits you, you go "Ah, I saw it coming, why'd it hit me?!". He predicted you predicting him! :laugh:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yoshi is pretty bad, honestly. Way too predictable.
I can make baseless statements as well. :bee:

If Ike is predictable, why have I yet to seen two Ikes with the same playing style? He looks predictable to those who don't main him.

And then they lose. Seriously, he's not that predictable. Heck, even in his jab canceling he isn't predictable, and everyone and their mother knows about it.

1) Full Jab Combo
2) Jab1 -> FJC
3) Jab1 -> Jab1 -> FJC
4) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Jab 1 -> FJC
5) Jab -> Grab
6) Jab -> Pivot Grab
7) Jab -> Dash Grab
8) Jab -> Dsmash
9) Jab -> Utilt
10) Jab -> Bair
11) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Grab
12) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Pivot Grab
13) Jab 1 -> Jab1 -> Dash Grab
14) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Dsmash
15) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Utilt
16) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Bair
17) Jab -> Dtilt
18) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Dtilt
19) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Grab
20) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Pivot Grab
21) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Dash Grab

You can stick Nair in front of all of those at low %s. And then if we grab you at the end and there is a low platform above us, we have these options.

1) Dthrow -> Uair
2) Dthrow -> Utilt
3) Dthrow -> Bair
4) Dthrow -> Fair
5) Dthrow -> Nair
6) Uthrow -> Uair
7) Uthrow -> Utilt
8) Uthrow -> Bair
9) Uthrow -> Fair
10) Uthrow -> Nair
11) Dthrow -> Aether
12) Uthrow -> Aether

Or, you know, we could just screw the platform above us and do this.

1) Bthrow -> Dash Attack
2) Fthrow -> Dash Attack
3) Bthrow -> Quick Draw
4) Fthrow -> Quick Draw
5) Bthrow -> Ftilt
6) Wall Chaingrab

Or if we are on a ledge, we can use one of our many grab releases, depending on the character. Seeing as he has a little under 40, chances are we have something we can use on you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can make baseless statements as well. :bee:

If Ike is predictable, why have I yet to seen two Ikes with the same playing style? He looks predictable to those who don't main him.

And then they lose. Seriously, he's not that predictable. Heck, even in his jab canceling he isn't predictable, and everyone and their mother knows about it.

1) Full Jab Combo
2) Jab1 -> FJC
3) Jab1 -> Jab1 -> FJC
4) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Jab 1 -> FJC
5) Jab -> Grab
6) Jab -> Pivot Grab
7) Jab -> Dash Grab
8) Jab -> Dsmash
9) Jab -> Utilt
10) Jab -> Bair
11) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Grab
12) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Pivot Grab
13) Jab 1 -> Jab1 -> Dash Grab
14) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Dsmash
15) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Utilt
16) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Bair
17) Jab -> Dtilt
18) Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Dtilt
19) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Grab
20) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Pivot Grab
21) Jab 1 -> Jab 2 -> Dash Grab

You can stick Nair in front of all of those at low %s. And then if we grab you at the end and there is a low platform above us, we have these options.

1) Dthrow -> Uair
2) Dthrow -> Utilt
3) Dthrow -> Bair
4) Dthrow -> Fair
5) Dthrow -> Nair
6) Uthrow -> Uair
7) Uthrow -> Utilt
8) Uthrow -> Bair
9) Uthrow -> Fair
10) Uthrow -> Nair
11) Dthrow -> Aether
12) Uthrow -> Aether

Or, you know, we could just screw the platform above us and do this.

1) Bthrow -> Dash Attack
2) Fthrow -> Dash Attack
3) Bthrow -> Quick Draw
4) Fthrow -> Quick Draw
5) Bthrow -> Ftilt
6) Wall Chaingrab

Or if we are on a ledge, we can use one of our many grab releases, depending on the character. Seeing as he has a little under 40, chances are we have something we can use on you.
Gee, I wonder what attack he's going to use first?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I call Fsmash <_<

Anyways, I would quit smash if MK moved form his spot (Yes, it belongs to him :laugh:) I would only predict that Falco will move down slightly :/

.Marik

is a social misfit
lol words
I don't want to get into a dumb debate, I'm really tired at the moment.

Ike is bad. Avoid his Jabs and DSmash/FSmash, he gets punished hard.

All it takes is a Shieldgrab, every single d@mn time.

That being said, I'm not saying your Ike is bad or anything. Nothing personal. I've just been ****** Ike's since Brawl came out. I've probably never seen an Ike place well in an IRL Tournament.

But again, predictable as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom