• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
He's better than Marth in teams!

Yeah, we're getting offtopic. I think Fox is underrated in general.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
How is he better than marth in teams? Fox is so limited because you can outspace him by a large distance. Marth can get ***** in teams but if you play campy and SPACE them away then you can do more, i would say than fox. fox just gets ***** in general. Running upsmashes doesn't mean fox is good sir.

.AC.

Smash Lord
How is he better than marth in teams? Fox is so limited because you can outspace him by a large distance. Marth can get ***** in teams but if you play campy and SPACE them away then you can do more, i would say than fox. fox just gets ***** in general. Running upsmashes doesn't mean fox is good sir.
fox does alright in teams,last time i played a fox in teams he did better than with meta knight by a lot,altough on a second thought TKD´s mk isnt that good on doubles.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I already listed why I think Fox is good in teams, sir. Sure, Marth can camp, so can Fox, and he's pretty good at it. Marth has a much more difficult time safely getting back down to the ground. He's not particularly amazing at killing, etc. There's a lot that could be said.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
fox does alright in teams,last time i played a fox in teams he did better than with meta knight by a lot,altough on a second thought TKD´s mk isnt that good on doubles.

And i'm sure TKD was playing to his fullest abilities Vs you, right?

I already listed why I think Fox is good in teams, sir. Sure, Marth can camp, so can Fox, and he's pretty good at it.
you gave a bunch of **** that doesn't even...well

"lasers don't interrupt doubles partner"

....you fail to understand that you're still hitting your opponent lol

"fox upsmash is too good in doubles"

So is marths up B?

"fair does 20 or so damage"

How often are you going to land fair? why even mention this?

i mean, everything you listed i can list for with every character in the game. "ganon's b is good in doubles because they dont see it coming it does 20 damage"

.AC.

Smash Lord

So is marths up B?

i mean, everything you listed i can list for with every character in the game. "ganon's b is good in doubles because they dont see it coming it does 20 damage"
actually it was doubles finals,i was teaming with havok,and he was teaming with soid,and i wasnt saying that fox is better than mk or marth in teams,i was just trying to say that fox can do ok in teams.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
actually it was doubles finals,i was teaming with havok,and he was teaming with soid,and i wasnt saying that fox is better than mk or marth in teams,i was just trying to say that fox can do ok in teams.
i have money on that, TKD and SOID were in winners finals and you had to come back 2 sets, right?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

So is marths up B?

I didn't say to constantly hit your teammate with lasers.

Huh, you're saying Marth's upB is comparable to Fox's Upsmash in doubles? Um.

Fair isn't hard to hit with, when used as I explained. Everything I listed for Fox in teams has practical application. Much more practical than Ganondorf's neutralB, lol.

.AC.

Smash Lord
i have money on that, TKD and SOID were in winners finals and you had to come back 2 sets, right?
actually no,since it was really late and had to finish the tourney at soid´s house one of us went to losers on purpose to beat the other team so they could leave and we played finals on best of 3,me and havok then won 2 sets in a row and won doubles.we had to do that since it was a kind of large torney (for tj that is),so the sets were kind of weird.for some reason TKD decided to go fox on the last match and he did rather good.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I didn't say to constantly hit your teammate with lasers.

Huh, you're saying Marth's upB is comparable to Fox's Upsmash in doubles? Um.

Fair isn't hard to hit with, when used as I explained. Everything I listed for Fox in teams has practical application. Much more practical than Ganondorf's neutralB, lol.
fool, you're saying fox running upsmash is good in doubles, explain? i see him running at me, i wonder what he's going to do?

lol your arguments are terrible is what i'm saying, you're saying generic **** that doesn't really do anything. Who are you playing that all these work against? i want to know, tell them i'll money match them.

actually no,since it was really late and had to finish the tourney at soid´s house one of us went to losers on purpose to beat the other team so they could leave and we played finals on best of 3,me and havok then won 2 sets in a row and won doubles.we had to do that since it was a kind of large torney (for tj that is),so the sets were kind of weird.for some reason TKD decided to go fox on the last match and he did rather good.

Oh, good **** then, sorry for trolling.

.AC.

Smash Lord
fool, you're saying fox running upsmash is good in doubles, explain? i see him running at me, i wonder what he's going to do?

lol your arguments are terrible is what i'm saying, you're saying generic **** that doesn't really do anything. Who are you playing that all these work against? i want to know, tell them i'll money match them.

Oh, good **** then, sorry for trolling.
o its alright i am just some random tj player and tkd has gone to tourneys and done well so its only natural for you to think i am bad or that i dont know much about the game.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

The running upsmash is good at punishing lag, hitstun, etc that tends to occur fairly often in a 4-man game, because it comes out mad quick. Or if you have port priority, you can simply do it when your teammate grabs someone. It's also not exactly the easiest attack for their teammate to stop in general, again, due to the speed. No one said that Fox randomly running at people with Upsmash is good.

I don't even play Fox in tournament, but it's not hard to make simple observations, and if you want to mm someone I play regularly in doubles, i'm sure dmbrandon would not mind at all. I'm considering going Fox in doubles, instead of Snake all the time.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
The running upsmash is good at punishing lag, hitstun, etc that tends to occur fairly often in a 4-man game, because it comes out mad quick. Or if you have port priority, you can simply do it when your teammate grabs someone. It's also not exactly the easiest attack for their teammate to stop in general, again, due to the speed. No one said that Fox randomly running at people with Upsmash is good.

I don't even play Fox in tournament, but it's not hard to make simple observations, and if you want to mm someone I play regularly in doubles, i'm sure dmbrandon would not mind at all. I'm considering going Fox in doubles, instead of Snake all the time.
hold on let me ask him what he thinks of fox in teams.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
hold on let me ask him what he thinks of fox in teams.
Lol, he recommended that I start trying out Fox in doubles tournament play, after a day of friendlies yesterday. I normally just go all Snake. I'll be back on later.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol.

Fox is NOT THAT GOOD IN TEAMS.

I'll put it this way: Fox does indeed improve when compared from singles to doubles, but not by much. He's still not exactly a very solid choice for teams.

Marth is also kinda meh in teams, but he's definitely better than Fox in teams.

paterack7

Smash Rookie
After reading through some comments, I feel that people are putting too much emphasis on the tier list. Yes, it counts for something. Yes, some characters are better than others. But it's not all about character, there's skill and the adaptability level of the player to change tactics based on different characters.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Fox is good in teams. He is fast and his moves allow for good coverage of your teamate without actually hitting them. You can laser for a few quick damage if the other enemy isnt around and you get a shot. Fair does 24% and isnt hard to land because one opponent is going to have to be in the air because 4 people cant be on the ground always. He can deal with MK and snake well. Fox is low on the tier cuz he has a few lol matchups. Those are gone once you get a teammate to smack them once they start. Usmash works well too. There are many diversions in teams. Dair works more often than it normally does because of this. Also, his recovery allows him to be saved. Once you see him firefoxing, your teamate gets an alert to try to save you with an uair or something. You can also land usmash when the enemy is landing on setups you can't do by yourself. Him being light is the main turnoff.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Fox is good in teams. He is fast and his moves allow for good coverage of your teamate without actually hitting them. You can laser for a few quick damage if the other enemy isnt around and you get a shot. Fair does 24% and isnt hard to land because one opponent is going to have to be in the air because 4 people cant be on the ground always. He can deal with MK and snake well. Fox is low on the tier cuz he has a few lol matchups. Those are gone once you get a teammate to smack them once they start. Usmash works well too. There are many diversions in teams. Dair works more often than it normally does because of this. Also, his recovery allows him to be saved. Once you see him firefoxing, your teamate gets an alert to try to save you with an uair or something. You can also land usmash when the enemy is landing on setups you can't do by yourself. Him being light is the main turnoff.
you should do standup.

shmo395

Smash Cadet
in teams, ZSS+ GMW=WTF.

They are both good chars to start off with, but the fact that u can give GMW an auto kill bucket fill with ZSS down smash is just amazing

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff is a beast in doubles too.

Less risky to use rest and rollout. Also gimping is a major factor in teams too.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
After reading through some comments, I feel that people are putting too much emphasis on the tier list. Yes, it counts for something. Yes, some characters are better than others. But it's not all about character, there's skill and the adaptability level of the player to change tactics based on different characters.
What he said.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I guess it's fine if Zelda's in low tier. As long as she can use Sheik as well, it really doesn't matter.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
We all know that a 1 stock Lucario (SD's first) and a Stock tank are an epic team.

How does Mario fare in doubles?

He does pretty beastly. Since in teams gimping is a major factor, which Mario highly excels in. But Mario gets gimped as well since his medicore recovery. His cape / Fludd = AMAZING IN TEAMS. So many appalications jesus. Just look at this and you'll be amazed already .

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230335

But besides his amazing gimping and racking up damage game, Mario has bad time killing due to his raw power. Mario pretty much ***** in doubles compared to singles as long he can get a good stock tank and someone can save him like DK or snake.

in teams, ZSS+ GMW=WTF.

They are both good chars to start off with, but the fact that u can give GMW an auto kill bucket fill with ZSS down smash is just amazing
Lol Wes and Dire did this. But I think Inui and Bum stopped their reign and got like 3rd place in GIMPED tourney? I forgets XD It's beast, but just be smart and not cuddle with your partner all the time to get double killed -_-

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Shiek is definitely going to go up if her infinite proves very effective...

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah same, although maybe its because I've never really used him or versed a good one, but I can't see why sonic would go up?

Browny

Smash Hater
What?!

no

ok ill be more constructive. Take a look at your reasonings as to why Sonic shouldnt go up, vs everyone elses reasons why he should go up and think about that for a second...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The only chance of that happening is in a 2v1 situation. In which case, you're probably already going to win. A grab would win anyway.
No, it is more then possible to happen in a 2 on 2. Other time messes up their spacing, one guy gets sent fly far enough away, etc. And it's easier to set up then the G&W+ZSS combo: you don't have to fill a bucket first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom