• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
4. Wario (He only has a couple of matchups that aren't in his favour, the most obvious being Marth. Many of his other matchups are near even or in his favour. He kills well, and his aerial DI allows for his aerials to be safe against a lot of character. Oh, and you can essentially run away and win, because a fart is the ultimate punisher for landing lag; you can bait an attack and essentially punish it with a KO).
The Marth matchup isn't terrible. I've never had too much problem in a Marth player before, but I can understand why people would think it would be really troublesome. I'd say the matchup is probably 55-45 in Marth's favor. If any matchup gives him a problem, it's Meta Knight, because Meta Knight can cover Marth's weaknesses a lot more while still being able to outspace Wario with little problem.

Dedede is unfun, too, but I blame the character for making Wario players have to run away so much. :(

bobson

Smash Lord
I would love to see Sonic go down. It's obviously not gonna happen, but it would be hilarious.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
my opinion ( though I don't expect the tier list to fit my opinion at all in some characters):

A tier
1-Metaknight
2-Snake
3-Wario
4-Diddy Kong
5-King Dedede
6-Falco
7-Mr.Game & Watch
8-Olimar

B tier:
9-Marth
10-Ice Climbers
11-Pikachu
12-Kirby
13-Lucario

C tier:
14-R.O.B.
15-Zelda/Sheik ( using both)
16-Donkey Kong
17- Zero suit Samus

D tier
18-Toon Link
19-Peach
20-Pit
21-Fox
22-Wolf

E tier
23-Luigi
24-Sheik
25-Zelda
26-Sonic
27-Bowser

F tier:
28-Yoshi
29-Pokemon trainer
30-Ike
31-Jigglypuff
32-Ness
33-Samus
34-Mario

G(arbage) tier
35-Lucas
36-Link
37-Captain Falcon
38-Ganondorf
First good tier list I've seen in a while.

Prawn

Smash Master
The big changes IMO are going to be ICs going up, ZZS going up, Luigi going up.

and a pretty bad fall for G&W in my opinion.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I agree with a fair bit of what Marcbri's list says. Especially the Zelda/Sheik spot.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Why, because of tournament results or something? That's a very acceptable place for them to be.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
SS tier:
1-MetaKnight

S tier:
2-Snake

A tier:
(3-King Dedede
4-Wario
5-Diddy Kong)
6-Falco
(7-Marth
8-Mr.Game & Watch)

B tier:
9-Olimar
(10-Pikachu
11-Ice Climbers)
12-Lucario
13-Kirby

C tier:
14-R.O.B.
(15-Zero Suit Samus
16-Donkey Kong)
17-Zelda/Sheik (Where I would place them, doubting they will actually be on the tier list)

D tier
18-Toon Link
19-Peach
(20-Wolf
21-Pit)
22-Luigi

E tier
23-Fox
(24-Zelda
25-Sheik)
26-Bowser
(27-Ike
28-Sonic (Steak tier))

F tier:
29-Ness
(30-Pokemon Trainer
31-Yoshi
32-Mario)
33-Samus
34-Lucas

G tier
35-Jigglypuff
36-Link
(37-Captain Falcon
38-Ganondorf)

()s = Characters are very close in my mind, and I see the characters in the brackets being easily interchangeable. However, the order I currently have them in is how I believe they should be.

I also believe MK is clearly above everyone else, and that Snake is clearly a good step above the rest of A tier. Looks silly, but it shows the difference the best.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
SS tier:
1-MetaKnight

S tier:
2-Snake

A tier:
(3-King Dedede
4-Wario
5-Diddy Kong)
6-Falco
(7-Marth
8-Mr.Game & Watch)

B tier:
9-Olimar
(10-Pikachu
11-Ice Climbers)
12-Lucario
13-Kirby

C tier:
14-R.O.B.
(15-Zero Suit Samus
16-Donkey Kong)
17-Zelda/Sheik (Where I would place them, doubting they will actually be on the tier list)

D tier
18-Toon Link
19-Peach
(20-Wolf
21-Pit)
22-Luigi

E tier
23-Fox
(24-Zelda
25-Sheik)
26-Bowser
(27-Ike
28-Sonic (Steak tier))

F tier:
29-Ness
(30-Pokemon Trainer
31-Yoshi
32-Mario)
33-Samus
34-Lucas

G tier
35-Jigglypuff
36-Link
(37-Captain Falcon
38-Ganondorf)

()s = Characters are very close in my mind, and I see the characters in the brackets being easily interchangeable. However, the order I currently have them in is how I believe they should be.

I also believe MK is clearly above everyone else, and that Snake is clearly a good step above the rest of A tier. Looks silly, but it shows the difference the best.
I don't see Falco staying, I see him likely going down, as for Marth he's staying until further notice, D3 is definitely staying third with Wario close behind

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
It's finally nice to see higher tiers steadily declining (even though they're staying on top, they're not the "gods" they once where). Also its nice that talent in mid range tier chars is helping them rise to the top (ex: Wario). I think this list will be more accurate than the last for sure.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario was high before this, people just finally got over the whole grab release stigma.

@Reflex... MK is by no means harder for Wario than Marth, and I agree that Marth is probably 55:45 in his favor.

paterack7

Smash Rookie
Naturally, but there has to be some distinction. It's not like Meta Knight is twice as good as half the characters, but the numbers are just to put in scale the differences between the characters compared to the differences between other characters (i.e. the difference between MK and Falco vs. the difference between Mario and Luigi).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
There's no reason Zelda shouldn't be in Low Tier.
I also co-sign this.

I also think ROB might be top 10 again. He obviously has very solid tools, however no exceptional player on the east coast actually mains him.

I think Fox might be top tier in teams.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi should rise a couple spots, we have decent placings.

I could mention a whole lot of other characters that deserve to rise, drop etc... but what difference will it really make? It's probably already decided, so I'm just going to refrain from doing so.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Dear SBR, and all it's pros and shizzles,

Can you plz make Mario stay Mk of low tiers plz? Cuz if Mario jumps to mid-tier... I won't be able to play low tier tourney anymores =(... k thxx..

Love - Hippie ( what a gay post lawl)

meepxzero

Smash Master
i mean its a common misconception snake buttrapes ice climbers. One grab ur deadville ;P. Were developing new cgs to get away from snakes that leave their nades on the ground.

Its 60:40 snake and thats the worse match up for ic in my book.

People will laugh at me when finals will all be ic dittos. Look at these amazing results ;D. Future of brawl imo.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235709

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's are good, but not top 3 good. Once you factor in how bad they do on a lot of CP's, Nana's inability to Power Shield alongside Popo since she lags by 6 frames, and a few of their other weaknesses, they fall shy of Top 3.

I can see them moving to maybe top 5 though.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
how is fox top tier in teams ?
He's very good at running away, following up and assisting.
Rising Fair does 20 something damage and is good for following up your teammates attacks with. It's also good for pressuring airborne opponents in general.
Well timed Dairs are also good for following up with
His lasers don't mess up your teammates flow if you hit them with them and actually help, if your teammate is Lucario.
Running upsmash is amazing in doubles.
Shine stalling makes him harder for the enemy team to pressure from below than the vast majority of characters.
The lame "combos" that screw him in singles are less relevant in doubles, since you have a partner to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom