• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK SS Tier! (tier discussion)

metaXzero

Smash Champion
As you should know, the new tier list has MK in his own tier. How do MK mains feel about this? Is he really that much better then Snake? Are their any characters that can challenge MK's position? And do you see MK holding strong well into the next tier list?

Go...

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I am having the same question aswell. Is he really worth to have an own tier, is he that good? Can he r*pe that much characters? I kind of play alot with M-K, so i'm curious :p

I think he does deserve this new tier, he's really to good to play against, he gimps you off stage and all, and his speed and priority is insanly good. Also, most of his Aerials has no landing lag iirc, and his Dsmash is just so speedy x.x His tornado, i won't even mention that >_<

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I think Snake is better than MK to be honest.

I use to think that MK was by far the best, but I changed my mind after playing against good Snake's and seeing what he can do.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I knew this was going to come up.

Blah blah blah MK is the best character in the game blah blah blah power gaps blah blah blah these threads are ********.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I knew this was going to come up.

Blah blah blah MK is the best character in the game blah blah blah power gaps blah blah blah these threads are ********.
i agree 100% with you gates. i really wish people wouldn't act all weird b/c of tier placement:ohwell:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

I use to think that MK was by far the best, but I changed my mind after playing against good Snake's and seeing what he can do.
Same here, I used to think MK was the best, but after a few experiences I realized that Snake may be the best. The biggest mistake SBR did was put MK and Snake in their own "separate tiers." When they both belong in the same tier.

M@v

Subarashii!
Mk should be in his own tier. Hes that good. Snake should not. He should be in A above Falco. Snake has bad matchups: MK does not. That simple.

Oh yeah, and ALL ABOARD THE S.S METAKNIGHT!!!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Who honestly cares...

Regardless of his own tier or not it's clear MK is the best overall character in this game. If you don't agree you're dumb. We're not simply talking about the MK vs Snake matchup. We're talking about the character as a whole. Against every other character.

No reason to trip over the SBR giving us our own tier. That's our pedestal right there kids. We own this ****.

Browny

Smash Hater
whats left for Metaknight, will he find a way to pass an ascended saiyan, is that even possible?

SS:2 MK for the next tier list imo

TKD

Smash Lord
There are only 2 ways of Snake turning out to be as good as Meta Knight:

- That it turns out Snake isn't even against MK at top level, and actually beats him
- Someone suddenly discovers how Snake beats/goes even with King Dedede, Meta Knight will still be the best.
Or...
- Both, which would put Snake above Meta Knight.

So Snake's problem is the King Dedede matchup. The other "bad" ones like R.O.B. and Olimar are probably even. And there's still a chance for these things to happen since we all know Meta Knight's metagame got defined way quicker than the rest of the cast's.

TKD

Smash Lord
There are only 2 ways for Snake to turn out being as good as Meta Knight:

- That it turns out Snake isn't even against MK at top level, and actually beats him
- Someone suddenly discovers how Snake beats/goes even with King Dedede
Or...
- Both, which would put Snake above Meta Knight.

So Snake's problem is the King Dedede matchup. The other "bad" ones like R.O.B. and Olimar are probably even. And there's still a chance for these things to happen since we all know Meta Knight's metagame got defined way quicker than the rest of the cast's.

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice

OR

i think mk should be with snake and not ss he should be S yes snake does get chained grabed by ddd but thats about it really like Ally for example = inhuman / robot but if theres only one person to play snake that that level then i GUESS metaknight can have his own tier

i just think he is in his own tier cause to be as ****ign good as ally with snake it can take ANYONE i mean ANYONE in less then hours to be decent with snake and beat there friends with any choosing

but snake is still scary and out there

so i guess im contradicing myself sigh.... mk ftw .snake ftw .ddd ftw

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
MK is right where he belongs.

Right on the SS Metaknight, the ship to easy victory! Only the worst captains will sink and fail when sailing on the SS Metaknight!

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
tbh it doesnt matter how good the character is if the players naff iv watched matches where Falcon 3 stocks a meta knight so rlly tiers are just reflections of how many ppl have won with that character and how good they are, im not saying that some characters havent got advantages over others but rlly its the players job to over come those advantages.....

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
And some characters have more disadvantages to overcome then others. Lurk around and learn what tiers actually are before posting on the subject.
A tier list is an ordered list of the characters based on their competitive value in the current metagame. It basically shows which characters are currently doing well in tournaments. NOTE that player skill is more important than character choice and match ups can overcome tier differences, but at an equal player level a bottom tier character will usually have a very tough time against a top tier character. i have done my lurking mate iv been playing this since it came out in japan (japanese Wii ^^) and iv been playing on the ssb series for about 13 years just never got around to makeing myself known ^^ but all i was saying was that its down to individual player skill <('-' )>

metaXzero

Smash Champion
A tier list is an ordered list of the characters based on their competitive value in the current metagame. It basically shows which characters are currently doing well in tournaments. NOTE that player skill is more important than character choice and match ups can overcome tier differences, but at an equal player level a bottom tier character will usually have a very tough time against a top tier character. i have done my lurking mate iv been playing this since it came out in japan (japanese Wii ^^) and iv been playing on the ssb series for about 13 years just never got around to makeing myself known ^^ but all i was saying was that its down to individual player skill <('-' )>
Until you get to really gay and onesided match-ups like Pika vs. Fox or Sheik, and Dedede vs. DK (and potentially Peach vs. Wario if her grab set-ups are confirmed.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight is right where he should be, the noobs on this board that say that he should be in a the same tier with Snake obviously don't brawl offline and have no experience with this mother****er. Read Dojo's post, that's all you need to know regarding this thread.

Who honestly cares...

Regardless of his own tier or not it's clear MK is the best overall character in this game. If you don't agree you're dumb. We're not simply talking about the MK vs Snake matchup. We're talking about the character as a whole. Against every other character.

No reason to trip over the SBR giving us our own tier. That's our pedestal right there kids. We own this ****.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Until you get to really gay and onesided match-ups like Pika vs. Fox or Sheik, and Dedede vs. DK (and potentially Peach vs. Wario if her grab set-ups are confirmed.
in a way yes but still thats the fun of it overcomeing the things that seem unfair its such a good feeling when it happens that you just have to do a little jig =P

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Who honestly cares...

Pretty much.

Even though MK has a disadvantage against Snake, he has an advantage or goes even against everyone else. No other characters have that. Not Snake, not anyone.

Does he deserve his own tier? I guess. But I honestly think it will be short lived. People will learn to deal with MKs eventually, and hopefully won't see him as "OMFGBROKEN CHAR" in the future.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I've always thought that MK was in his own tier and that Snake was in his own tier beneath MK. Having ONE bad matchup is completely crazy, especially when it's only a little bad.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
rlly gay stuff ^^ like if DK beats DDD if thats wat you ment then the DKs gonna be happy cause he beat some one who had a potential "one sided match up". that kinda stuff
I know what you meant. It's just that I'm surprised you used "seems". And due to the one-sided nature of things like DDD vs. DK, the DDD has tio be SIGNIFICANTLY worst (and maybe not high level) then the DK

_umbra_

Smash Champion
My first thought was that he should be in the same tier as snake, but honestly it doesn't matter at all. We all know mk is the best char in the game right now. Whether snake may turn out to be better eventually doesn't matter, because he isn't now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Snake has a little bit harder time adapting to matchups against fast characters. He can also be outcamped by some characters like ROB. Snake is still a godly character... but MK can beat those matchups much better than Snake can. MK has much better matchups overall, which is why he deserves a tier above snake.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Mhm. ^

And honestly I believe the MK vs Snake matchup is even. They both rule over certain parts of the matchup and the player that honestly executes better and takes advantage of the other players mistakes will always be the winner.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I know what you meant. It's just that I'm surprised you used "seems". And due to the one-sided nature of things like DDD vs. DK, the DDD has tio be SIGNIFICANTLY worst (and maybe not high level) then the DK
nothings impossible ^^ its human nature to find a way around sumin just gotta be creative :psycho:

Top Bottom