• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights' Even matchups? Open discussion

C.J.

Smash Master
Ima just laugh if Glutonny rolls up into apex(if he goes) and ****s on most metaknight players.
It wouldn't prove anything unless he ***** Ally/M2K. Gluttony is amazing. It'd just be him outplaying them all... because Gluttony is THAT good. Which goes back to my original point, that you can't use gluttony as an example vs MKs in Europe (or maybe even Europe in general) because he's just so much better than the rest.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If that MU is not 4:6, then Wario has no bad MU's and is a god. Because that's probably his second hardest MU.

Dedede/Marth are pretty rough. After that, MK. There's no way MK is 55:45 with Wario, that's understating MK's advantages by quite a bit.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean, punishing a character that frame traps you isn't exactly the easiest **** to do lol.

Gnes

Smash Master
Dmg, just let them believe. I've seen the truth

I'm suprised that people still diddy is only slight disadvantage. Even seibrik who used to be by far the worst mk at the matchup 2-0ed wyatt at pound.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
all i gotta say is **** the even mu **** just ban the *****
im cool with mks with IC but at the same time i hate seeing good players losing to mk

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

I'm suprised that people still diddy is only slight disadvantage. Even seibrik who used to be by far the worst mk at the matchup 2-0ed wyatt at pound.
I mean yeah, but at the same time on a realistic level, Diddy probably has the highest hopes for beating MK. IC's are too demanding of a character for someone realistically pick them up to the level that can reliably go toe to toe with MK. Snake... well he has his **** to worry about. Falco might get there one day if the stage list goes down a bit. Besides that, basically Diddy and maybe Marth if you play really ****ing good.

MK... oh MK....

BSP

Smash Legend

I'm suprised that people still diddy is only slight disadvantage.
MU chart says it's even :confused:

that sugarcoating theory don't sound too far off lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can we all agree that Diddy is the closest character to go even with MK (besides MK duh)?

It would be nice to have that as an anchor point for a future debate.

BSP

Smash Legend
I haven't seen any recent Falco vs MK

but I do know that Falco's in serious trouble if he loses game one.

Yikarur

Smash Master
DMG your MK pessimism is terrible :p

Wario only gets ***** by frame theory, but no one ever did that because it's very very hard to do on human base.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Diddy isn't the closest match-up to even for MK ... maybe in theory but at this point it's hard to support this idea. At the moment it's solidly in MK's favor [totally not taking the fact into account that the MK player base is a lot more talented than the Diddy player base]. I still think Snake goes even with MK if he really plays on point but Snake's player base is also kind of pitiful so we won't see it a lot. Falco ... I can't really make my mind up in regards to him *shrug*

I think if there's an order of match-ups that are even or close to it I'd say it's Fox then Snake and then Falco or GW. I do think Olimar, Marth, Wolf, Wario, Diddy are all about -1 as well [possibly -2 for Marth and Wario].

:059:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I mean yeah, but at the same time on a realistic level, Diddy probably has the highest hopes for beating MK. IC's are too demanding of a character for someone realistically pick them up to the level that can reliably go toe to toe with MK. Snake... well he has his **** to worry about. Falco might get there one day if the stage list goes down a bit. Besides that, basically Diddy and maybe Marth if you play really ****ing good.

MK... oh MK....
@ gheb wait?? GaW does good? LMAO

I think if the stage list was legit a lot more would go into effect also

Oli, and Fox immediately come to mind. Maybe Wolf, but I suck at the MU horribly so it's hard for me to judge :x.

MK beats Snake really solidly but you have to be so perfect to do it that it doesnt matter at anything but top level play, so it will never be recognized.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK beats Snake really solidly but you have to be so perfect to do it that it doesnt matter at anything but top level play, so it will never be recognized.
I think it's exactly the other way round :3

:059:

OverLade

Smash Hero
you guys play with a run away wario dewdadash so you really wouldnt know. just like when publix said to me that he knows the wario MU very well because he beat masky. Maskey= time out wario player.
Then he played solo and what happen? he lost pretty bad ill admit though it did go to game 3 but the games publix lost were pretty bad.
Solo=in your face wario
same with glutonny
Glutonny=in your face wario
***** mks

im not even going to argue this. its imo lol
I played Solo and ***** him. Problem? WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC NOW?

As much of a tangent this is, I'm intrigued, tell me more.
*on lucario beating fox* I think it's due to priority really. Fox has to approach by getting above Lucario. Lucarios aura hitboxes zone Fox pretty hard. Also, I dont think Fox can punish things like Fsmash camping and tilts that reliably (because of the dumb lingering hitboxes). Lucario probably doesn't **** fox but it definitely seems more practical from his side of the matchup.

If that MU is not 4:6, then Wario has no bad MU's and is a god. Because that's probably his second hardest MU.

Dedede/Marth are pretty rough. After that, MK. There's no way MK is 55:45 with Wario, that's understating MK's advantages by quite a bit.
I think Falco beats Wario pretty badly as well. I also think Sheik probably beats Wario pretty badly...

He still isn't good at the matchup imo. I'm still trying to figure out how he beat Wyatt :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Can we all agree that Diddy is the closest character to go even with MK (besides MK duh)?

It would be nice to have that as an anchor point for a future debate.
I think him and Falco are about the same. I dont have enough experience with top Falco players but I think it's clear that MK beats Diddy and Falco at least 55:45. One may be worse than the other...

Meh, I dont think it's that solidly. I think people underrate Snake a lil too much in this matchup.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falco is debatable since we can at least CG him/build up fart, and get him offstage or get him in a bad position after Uthrow. Wario also has actual CP's to take Falco to, where as MK tends to negate his advantages (RC Brinstar Frigate Delfino Halberd etc there's nothing good). There are tangible advantages Wario has over Falco that he doesn't have over MK. I mean if you call farting on MK at 60 and hoping it kills to be an advantage, then yeah lol.

Shiek is weird as well. I don't think it's a good MU, but I think it's probably even when you throw 2 ******s together.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Two things happened:

1. Wario and Peach players agreed on +1 for her, and it was put to +2.

2. Wario and Dedede players agreed on +2 for Dedede, and it was put at +1.

Dunno if those two were related, but yeah those two were flopped from what both sides agreed on.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Red im pretty sure i just agreed with DMG. If you camp wario and dont strike until he dose you will win. that applys with a good myjority of the cast. play glutonny since you want a challege with wario

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont camp against Wario. You don't have to. If you space well enough with your aerials you can play mildly aggressive and still be perfectly safe from Farts for the most part. And telling me to play Glutonny is like irrelevant he's clearly a far superior player to me. If he beat me it wouldn't prove anything...

2-DJeff

Smash Master
im just saying play him since your so good at the MU. Also yea you do kinda do that. when i was watching you play solo/sax etc...

Steam

Smash Hero
*on lucario beating fox* I think it's due to priority really. Fox has to approach by getting above Lucario. Lucarios aura hitboxes zone Fox pretty hard. Also, I dont think Fox can punish things like Fsmash camping and tilts that reliably (because of the dumb lingering hitboxes). Lucario probably doesn't **** fox but it definitely seems more practical from his side of the matchup.
fox outcamps lucario. lucario spends the entire match trying to chase fox down.

and Fsmash is essentially useless against fox as lucario. Fox can punish it from basically anywhere with upsmash... even spaced on shield. and lucario would zone out fox with tilts well... if lucario didn't always have to approach. that and fox kills reliably and early with upsmash.

Fox is almost as bad for lucario as snake. bout 6:4 fox

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
you guys play with a run away wario dewdadash so you really wouldnt know. just like when publix said to me that he knows the wario MU very well because he beat masky. Maskey= time out wario player.
Then he played solo and what happen? he lost pretty bad ill admit though it did go to game 3 but the games publix lost were pretty bad.
Solo=in your face wario
same with glutonny
Glutonny=in your face wario
***** mks

im not even going to argue this. its imo lol
seriously jeff? this is just where I cut the line bro. Ur acknowledging that solo is some god or something and that everyone else on these forums know less than you? I really doubt solo is better than masky and if he is, id like to see him beat me if he were to actually accept an MM unlike refusing like last time lol. MK or DDD, his choice.

MK>Wario Arguably 55-45, maybe 60-40.

I read the last few posts on here, DDD mu>wario. 60-40, could be argued 70-30.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Edit: ima just leave it alone I said what I think people can cry about it all they want. But for the record dewdadash didn't **** solo amd solo was drunk and red halberd be solo all games only 2 and one stock. And all these matches were friendlys which don't mean anything. I'm done.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
not really, considering I just made money at a tourney last week ;)

Either way he'd still lose. I even offered him to MM me and for me to become drunk lol.

lol of course they were friendlies.... he didn't accept the mm rofl.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think Lucario beats fox but w/e that's not relevant to this thread really lol. A discussion for another time :)

Browny

Smash Hater
fox outcamps lucario. lucario spends the entire match trying to chase fox down.

and Fsmash is essentially useless against fox as lucario. Fox can punish it from basically anywhere with upsmash... even spaced on shield. and lucario would zone out fox with tilts well... if lucario didn't always have to approach. that and fox kills reliably and early with upsmash.

Fox is almost as bad for lucario as snake. bout 6:4 fox

oh ffs will this EVER end

by the time lucario is in KO% of the usmash, his tilts and fsmash are safe on block from it. that includes horribly spaced fsmash as close as possible, ftilt cant be punished by anything slower than foxes ftilt.

I cant beleive I have to turn on brawl again to prove this to myself.

3+ years and people still ignore the critical factor of lucario getting safer as his % goes up and suddenly all these 'guaranteed' options against him are actually not even possible.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
As a Falco main I think the Falco vs MK matchup is pretty well balanced. Falco can be difficult to approach with his lasers and he's got the reflector too to push MK away. Close up he has great options as well and can rival MK.

Fox can be looked at in a similar light to Falco.

I'm not sure I would say that Snake is an "even" matchup though. I would say its 55/45 in MK's favor. Snake in the air=epic fail for him. Once MK can get him off the ground, Snake gets pretty much owned.

As for Pika and Diddy, I don't really have much to add to that except that they are decent against him.

Top Bottom