• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights' Even matchups? Open discussion

Steam

Smash Hero
the presence of MK takes away so many team combinations :/

and plenty of people only second MK because of other MKs... that and he will basically be guranteed to cover all your bad matchups... so why not second him?

BSP

Smash Legend
DMG has a point

Dub MK is godly lol. It's like any evenish MU just disappears when you're dealing with two MKs because the characters that have the evens usually need stage control (good luck with that in dubs) and just a slow game in general.

Look at Pound V m2k + Anti, they were wrecking everyone. Two of our best players just quit at the end lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC4t8tbo6D0&feature=related

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
If Meta was banned we would have a much healthier game. It's just a shame how many potential players have quit because of his prowess

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Meta Knight is blue :troll:
I'm colorblind so he looks purple to me.

IDK about Singles, but I think banning him in teams is actually a feasible idea. MK is such a limiting character in teams, and I can't think of a single time that a national was won in the history of Brawl with a team other than MK + other character.
I actually agree with this, If it's not an MK winning Singles.
It'll be an MK + That other Guy winning Doubles, While 2nd/3rd place also have either double MK or possibly No MK in 3rd place.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
With the No MK team a BS combination of top players like Larry ADHD Gnes Razer etc, and teams below that in top 8 still primarily MK + friends.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Replace G&W or Snake with MK.

There's yo team.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Okay, so there's this much support for a discussion, apparently...

I still don't see what's so bad about opening an "official" one... I mean, sure, the official reason was that the mods didn't want any headaches, based on the pretense that it would run like the 4th Ban Vote, and I can understand that...

But if we really have this much for support for it, what's the big deal?

Chuee

Smash Hero

I still don't see what's so bad about opening an "official" one... I mean, sure, the official reason was that the mods didn't want any headaches, based on the pretense that it would run like the 4th Ban Vote, and I can understand that...

You just answered your own question.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I mean, if the uproar for a discussion is big enough, should that technically be enough to override the "official reason" for oppressing against it?

tekkie

Smash Master

"We can't be bothered to stop coddling the poor MK mains. Enjoy your uphill struggle or pick up MK like the rest of us."

Teh Future

Smash Master
I believe that an ganon that is a master at an MU can pretty much dominate as long as he has the necessary skill. Many players just choose poorer costumes.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Should... should we open a petition or something?

inb4*****ing
pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease~! <3

Okay. Most of just ***** about metaknight without going into why they true despise him. Its usually a snide one liner of how MKs a ****.
But you know why that is? Its because were shut down if we really do speak are minds in a serious discussion about MK. I'd like to see a serious discussion to ban MK instead of this "THOU SHALL NOT SPEAK OF BANNING MK" crap. Ban MK threads are banned because of fear that everyones favorite batball will be banned. Theres some legit reasoning to get rid of him so he is at risk of being banned if a thread was allowed. And don't use the excuse "We shut it down because of trolls." SWF is filled with trolls no matter what thread you go to. I hope that doesn't come up because its one cheap *** 25cent excuse.

I'd like to see a community with more character diversity where people don't live in fear of running into that damn bat every tourney.

Let us man up and go balls to the wall debating. See my icon? thats godot. I'm ready for this thang.

*chugs coffee*

tekkie

Smash Master

Okay. Most of just ***** about metaknight without going into why they true despise him. Its usually a snide one liner of how MKs a ****.
But you know why that is? Its because were shut down if we really do speak are minds in a serious discussion about MK. I'd like to see a serious discussion to ban MK instead of this "THOU SHALL NOT SPEAK OF BANNING MK" crap. Ban MK threads are banned because of fear that everyones favorite batball will be banned. Theres some legit reasoning to get rid of him so he is at risk of being banned if a thread was allowed. And don't use the excuse "We shut it down because of trolls." SWF is filled with trolls no matter what thread you go to. I hope that doesn't come up because its one cheap *** 25cent excuse.

I'd like to see a community with more character diversity where people don't live in fear of running into that damn bat every tourney.

Let us man up and go balls to the wall debating. See my icon? thats godot. I'm ready for this thang.

*chugs coffee*
it's been done. absolutely NO amount of evidence would lead to MK being banned. if tournaments started having 100% MK usage, if every single game timed out, if attendance plummeted, if absolutely everyone ****ing hated playing brawl, there would still be the people who only know how to use MK who would cry if he was banned and those are the people getting their way.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Tekkie, just keep in mind...

Anti-ban may or may not have gotten their way because they made tons of alt. accounts during the 4th ban vote. Of course, the Pro-ban side may have done the same, but you have to realize the implications of what would've happened in that case.

Assume for a second that Pro-ban had 500 votes and Anti-ban had 100 votes. If the vote had ended like that, it would be very clear cut. Now, pretend the Pro-ban and Anti-ban sides both made 2000 accounts and voted with all of them. Then we would have 2500 votes against 2100, which is not conclusive of anything at all. I'm willing to bet the numbers aren't as extreme as I made them out to be, but you get the idea. The vote comes closer to a ratio of 50:50 if both sides use an equal amount of alt. accounts.

Now, pretend a vote was re-opened, and the ability to vote with alternate accounts was negated(or, alternatively, a system prevented you from voting if you didn't have 100+ posts). We'd be extremely close to whatever the true values of both sides' votes would be.

And also, a lot of the Anti-ban side's arguments from back then have collapsed as time has gone by, so yeah...

Life

Smash Hero

*chugs coffee*
You weren't around for the ban discussion threads, were you?

Nicole

Smash Champion
IDK about Singles, but I think banning him in teams is actually a feasible idea. MK is such a limiting character in teams, and I can't think of a single time that a national was won in the history of Brawl with a team other than MK + other character.
THANK YOU.
i thought i was the only person that realized this.
I dont know that he should be entirely banned. but double mk absolutely destroys the viability of many characters that are otherwise quite powerful in teams, if it is played correctly. it may not be considered the "best" team, as it lacks killpower (to an extent), but it ruins character viability in doubles for over 50% of the cast, and i'm talking usable characters here, not link or something.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Never been a fan of Double MK since '08, at least people are realizing it now.
it may not be considered the "best" team, as it lacks killpower (to an extent), but it ruins character viability in doubles for over 50% of the cast, and i'm talking usable characters here, not link or something.
Its far and away the best.

MJG

Smash Hero
THANK YOU.
i thought i was the only person that realized this.
I dont know that he should be entirely banned. but double mk absolutely destroys the viability of many characters that are otherwise quite powerful in teams, if it is played correctly. it may not be considered the "best" team, as it lacks killpower (to an extent), but it ruins character viability in doubles for over 50% of the cast, and i'm talking usable characters here, not link or something.
and imagine if you didnt have snake with you. he's one of the few characters that can at least do SOMETHING about mk's nado no matter where or when you or he is getting hit in the form of nades.
Hahaha. We were just talking about this last night.

Double MK is broken behind reason (if played correctly).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Double MK is the best team. Imo MK Wario is the only team that might go even with it or beat it head to head but only by a tiny amount, and MK MK is still better against virtually any other team.

And MKs hardest matchups are something like

Falco
Snake
Olimar
Diddy
Yoshi
Fox
ICs
Marth

I'm biased because I **** Diddy but yeah...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Halberd, do you actually think Yoshi is a harder match-up for MK than Fox? 0_o

:059:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pikachu is after Marth. MAYBE before Marth in retrospect. I think MK beats him 60/40 where MK beats Marth and the above characters 55/45.

Top Bottom