• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights' Even matchups? Open discussion

Judo777

Smash Master
Eh...I definitely feel mk solidly wins don't get me wrong, but falco seems to destroy her even harder. She doesn't have a single thing she can do against lasers :|. MK +tether recovery=bad news though, even as good as ZSS's is.

People trying to airdodge into the ground against ZSS....ewwwwwww. And ZSS's upair is 2 frame startup: I say away from it D:
MK's uair is 1 frame startup! lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Eh...I definitely feel mk solidly wins don't get me wrong, but falco seems to destroy her even harder. She doesn't have a single thing she can do against lasers :|. MK +tether recovery=bad news though, even as good as ZSS's is.

People trying to airdodge into the ground against ZSS....ewwwwwww. And ZSS's upair is 2 frame startup: I say away from it D:
Uair is frame 4

Mk's is 2

ZSS can crawl under lasers and downB inbetween them if timed correctly.

Judo777

Smash Master
Uair is frame 4

Mk's is 2

ZSS can crawl under lasers and downB inbetween them if timed correctly.
A 2 frame aerial is 1 frame of startup. If you weren't correcting I apologize for being sounding smug I just wanted that clarity.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I think that we can all agree that this last summer wasn't promising to the hopes that MK has losing or even matchups.

But clearly Lucario beats MK. :D

Neon!

Smash Lord
Dk is actually an mk counter, we kill him at 50% with 9 wind. We outrange him in the ground and in the air and live past 200% every stock.

OverLade

Smash Hero
GaW is the only character that you can't spam tornado against. Every other good character you can juggle **** pretty reasonably with it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Not Fox or Diddy
As the Diddy slayer, trust me when I say you CAN spam nado against Diddy, you just have to be juggling him and he can't have a banana or a jump. And against Fox you have to do low tornados, but you can still do it. You're unlikely to connect with every nado but if you react well enough you won't get punished. Basically the risk reward doesn't work out amazingly for MK but that doesnt mean spamming nado won't work.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
As the Diddy slayer, trust me when I say you CAN spam nado against Diddy, you just have to be juggling him and he can't have a banana or a jump. And against Fox you have to do low tornados, but you can still do it. You're unlikely to connect with every nado but if you react well enough you won't get punished. Basically the risk reward doesn't work out amazingly for MK but that doesnt mean spamming nado won't work.
I guess I have to see it to believe it. I have never seen a MK tornado spam against TKD and get away with it.

vato_break

Smash Master
Charzard..is a little difficult to tornado spam. though i feel at time i could have nado'd better but, i think he 'pops' out very easily for some reason.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I guess I have to see it to believe it. I have never seen a MK tornado spam against TKD and get away with it.
I said you can spam nado against fox, not against TKD. Spamming nado becomes harder against better players with better reflexes, I'm sure only the best kind of nado spam would work against him (and it wouldn't be just spam, it would be requiring mixups). Spamming nado isn't just using nado over and over again it's using nado often enough to force your opponent to be defensive.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
You can't spam tornado against pikachu. He is small so he can DI out and he can use up B to run away.

OverLade

Smash Hero
^True I forgot about him. Yeah there are a handful of chars it doesnt work amazingly against (Yoshi too now that I think about it), but the point is basically that nado spam is still incredibly viable and effective at high level play bar against a few characters.

Neon!

Smash Lord
@ Vato_break

I'd definitly money match your mk if we ever met, its only a -2 matchup just like everyone else vs mk lol.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Thats not true. MK has many +1 match ups, not only +2 match ups.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No. Wolf vs Mk is close to even. Wolf is heavy. Wolf has a projectile. His recovery isn't as linear/predictable as Fox/Falco. He has an Fsmash or Dacus out of aerial release on Mk. Mk is slow in the air and Wolf kinda ends destroys an Mk in the air.

Wolf is as good or better then Fox/Falco vs Mk.

If Mk does ONE Dsmash on Wolf's shield then that's a free 14%? (From Fsmash) or a Dsmash from Wolf, which kills.

Not to mention Wolf has shine, which gives him ability to land without eating Mk's Fsmash/Dsmash/GSL grounded because of it's invincibility frames. It keeps him safe.

In conclusion, Wolf has safe landing options, a projectile, he is heavy, his recovery is hard to gimp/not linear/he can scar through stages, and he is very mobile. He also has very good kill moves like Fair/Bair/Dsmash when Mk is around 110-130% (Range he dies). Wolf won't die till 180's.
lolololololololololololololololololol

Top Bottom