• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
What if the MK player plays against a good DK everyday? Besides, you shouldn't include a lack of matchup experience for either side as a factor in deciding real matchup numbers.
The good DK plays against 50000 good MKs every day, since he's so overused, am I right? And one DK player can't be valued as highly as 500 MK players, each with their differing style. Of course the factor of matchup experience is to be included, since I don't mean matchup numbers, I mean practical wins and losses. Theory alone is quite useless.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
The good DK plays against 50000 good MKs every day, since he's so overused, am I right? And one DK player can't be valued as highly as 500 MK players, each with their differing style. Of course the factor of matchup experience is to be included, since I don't mean matchup numbers, I mean practical wins and losses. Theory alone is quite useless.
Metaknight goes 40:60 to DK. and were not talking about experience. were talking about like 2 people with THE EXACT SAME PLAYSTYLE AND SKILL. or 2 nubs who never touche d the game before. no experience in tallied in the matchup

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Look....

You can't say Diddy has an Adv over MK because of NL vs M2K

I mean Deva beat DSF's Meta with Link and EVERYBODY agrees that MK rocks Link.

That is because we look at multiple play styles of diffrent people who can play at the highest caliber.

You must Look at Matchups.
Let's look at Yoshi.

Yoshi has the Grab Release on MK but that only equals the playing field to a certain extent as MK has nearly every advantage over Yoshi in every other category.

MK's counters often come down to something Like this where the opponent has some special thing they can do to MK. However because MK overwhelms them in every other category the weakness is often overshadowed and MK can avoid the situation almost all of the time due to his move set speed and priority recovery and much much more.

I'm fine with the ban..It will be an interesting test. We can compare metagames and stuff.

Italian's can do what they want. I too think it's lame that I had to pick up another character specifically for MK match ups. And its a character I don't even like....To bad so few characters are able to go head to head with MK.

Finally............

All you American's STOP COMPLAINING. Meta's NOT banned in U.S. yet so you should all just shut the **** up.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Look....

Who said Diddy had the advantage over MK? I said the matchup was even, I didn't even base it off of NL's victory against M2K, I based it on personal experience vs good Diddies. God****.

All you American's STOP COMPLAINING. Meta's NOT banned in U.S. yet so you should all just shut the **** up.
We'll see about that. ;)

BTW I'm not against banning MK, as I have a whole bunch of other characters I'm already good with to fall back on in case it ever happens. What I am against is banning him this early. If the tourney scene devolves into MK dittos for most, if not all major tournaments, then I might consider it, and so far I've yet to see that happen.

msott47

Smash Rookie
Thats just ridiculous. I mean you should br able to play as any character you want to......... I choose to play as meta knight because hes my favorite character and because i like his move set. If he is a cheap character then why did they put him in brawl???????

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Thats just ridiculous. I mean you should br able to play as any character you want to......... I choose to play as meta knight because hes my favorite character and because i like his move set. If he is a cheap character then why did they put him in brawl???????
because Sakurai worships the ground his characters walk on(or fly on,w.e)

cman

Smash Ace
How are marth's tourney ratings in Italy now? I would expect Marth to jump significantly once MK is banned because they have similar strengths and playstyles (MK more offensive, while Marth more defensive, but otherwise pretty similar), so I thought that many previous MKs would just switch over to Marth. Did it happen like that?

Hype

Smash Lord
marth is pretty solid all around, a lot of neutrals. MK was his hardest match up. now his hardest match up will be snake 55:45. with MK marth will move up.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look....

A lot of people think Diddy goes even with MK not because of that one set but because of careful observation.

How are marth's tourney ratings in Italy now? I would expect Marth to jump significantly once MK is banned because they have similar strengths and playstyles (MK more offensive, while Marth more defensive, but otherwise pretty similar), so I thought that many previous MKs would just switch over to Marth. Did it happen like that?
As far as I know, Italy has yet to host its first Brawl tournament.

(Yes, you heard me!)

M@v

Subarashii!
A lot of people think Diddy goes even with MK not because of that one set but because of careful observation.
I have to agree with this through observation and from a very good match my friend played in a tourney. He lost the 1st round to a MK as wolf(his main), so he picked corneria and diddy(his second).(the mk stayed mk)
It was a really good game, wish I had a camera to film. He came out on top in a real close one.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to agree with this through observation and from a very good match my friend played in a tourney. He lost the 1st round to a MK as wolf(his main), so he picked corneria and diddy(his second).(the mk stayed mk)
It was a really good game, wish I had a camera to film. He came out on top in a real close one.
While I agree with your opinion of the matchup, I must intervene and tell you to stop saying "I've personally done..." and "I've personally seen my friends do...".

That's not enough. Who's to say those MKs weren't just mediocre? Who's to say those MKs just didn't suck against Diddy and/or just didn't know the matchup? When I say "through careful observation", I mean through watching countless matches and/or playing countless such matches on a very high level plus maybe carefully dissecting the matchup on paper.

M@v

Subarashii!
While I agree with your opinion of the matchup, I must intervene and tell you to stop saying "I've personally done..." and "I've personally seen my friends do...".

That's not enough. Who's to say those MKs weren't just mediocre? Who's to say those MKs just didn't suck against Diddy and/or just didn't know the matchup? When I say "through careful observation", I mean through watching countless matches and/or playing countless such matches on a very high level plus maybe carefully dissecting the matchup on paper.
im not saying im basing my decision on this. And its true. Who IS to the say the mk was just mediocre? Who said my friend was good?(I personally think he is, but you cant judge it off of me). And who IS to say he didn't know the matchup? My friend didn't. He told me he only switched because his wolf got owned, and that diddy is his 2nd best. Im just using it as an example.
Im not denying you have been to alot more tourneys than me. Ive only been able to go to three, mainly because of distance and rides, so I try to do the best I can with what I got.
Corneria was a good stage to pick 1st off, dont have to worry about edge guarding mk.
Also, from what ive seen, priority seems to be close actually, although mk still has the edge. Mk would likely have to stay airborne if he doesnt want to get bannana-owned. One question though about that matchup which of diddy's moves cancel tornado?

Cornzix

Smash Rookie
the easiest char in the game? i literally spent a whole day checking and looking through all the chars to pick MK, and then it took a LONG time to get to where i am. how is it easy to use MK? like stop saying its easy at least explain how it is. i can explain how snake is easy to use:
5 ftilts and then 1 utilt = 1 stock
thats easy. how is MK easy?
Because hes overpowered T___T his moves are lightning fast like his d smash arieals etc. He is the easiest char in the game. its a fact.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
MK is even simpler than snake because you can **** with one of 5 different tactics.
Snakes game is 5 f-tilts than up tilt, with snakedashing put in for trickeration

MK can be any one of the following:
Tornado until kill percents than down smash
shuttle loop to glide attack cancel, until kill percents than down smash
f-air until kill percents than down smash, and even,
down smash until kill percents and than up b to glide attack to down smash until it hits
or you can mix and match any of the above to devestating affect

and than he has good setups off his throws, all his airials are amazing, and have little to no lag at all times. and his recovery is amazing.

you literally cant go wrong with picking MK.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What you said about Snake is...just wrong. His tilts are not all. You also have to learn how and when to use grenades and the recovery needs some time to learn

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This is a good thing! Now the rest of the Smash World can see what a world without MK is like and see if it actually improves the depth of the tourney scene!

What!?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I wish I lived in Italy.

I'm tired of losing to players I am better than because I don't use MK.

lol @ "MK doesn't have have bad matchups, but he has neutral ones." Thanks for proving my point.

MK isn't easy to use and takes practice? JOKES? xDDD

I barely use him and consider him a main because I can usually pick him and beat any of my friends mains with him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
MK is by far the easiest character to pick up and do well with, all you have to do is spam his aerials to rack up damage and finish by gimping which is too easy or dsmash.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
MK can be any one of the following:
Tornado until kill percents than down smash
shuttle loop to glide attack cancel, until kill percents than down smash
f-air until kill percents than down smash, and even,
down smash until kill percents and than up b to glide attack to down smash until it hits
or you can mix and match any of the above to devestating affect
You can also play like Plank.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
i say simple and you post one line explaining why he isnt...
thanks for proving my point

Snake is definitely not just tilts... though, his are arguably the strongest in the game. You must really be able to utilize projectiles, and this can be done either aggressively or defensively, depending on your opponent's style of play. Generally I try and use grenade dropping in my mid range game, and occasionally chase with Nikita. But Snake has a good myriad of chasing options as well. On ground he has the mortar slide- this must be spaced correctly, otherwise you are easily pwned by someone like... Olimar- again, you can use grenades or Nikita, and while in air, bair is a great killing move, and sometimes I throw in a fair to spike, just to throw the enemy off. I mean, who expects fair from a good Snake? haha. ^_^ Anyhow, I could go further into this, but this isn't a Snake thread, so I'll stop there. If you really think snake is that simple, take a look at the Snake threads. There's a lot of skill and patience involved in order to be a great Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom