• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Johns just got taken to a whole new level

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yah, that makes sense fenrir. If it has use outside of stalling, it shouldn't be figured out by saturday + sunday.
maybe not, but I don't want to potentially crush a viable tactic...you know? just get rid of the gayness of it, i hope.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
hold on a second here

I fail to see the argument

There is none

you do this tactic

I dont care if its difficult or not, the fact remains

ON COMMAND, WHEN YOU WANT, YOU CAN BECOME INVINCIBLE, INVISIBLE, AND TRAVEL THE STAGE WITHOUT GETTING HIT

THIS IS NOT STALLING, THIS IS NOT LIKE MULTISHINING IN ANY WAY

NO RELATION

you see, with wall bombing and rising pound, you can still hit them.

This isnt a gimmick, this isnt a mater of logistics, its on demand invincibility, this is up there in the realm of the MVC2 gambit glitch in obvious bans. Its a get out of jail free card. There are a total of 2 viable options

Ban down B: auto DQ if done no questions asked.

Ban Metaknight.

Might as well ban the character if you'll ban the move.

I fail to see the gimmick in a tactic that makes you invincible.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Bit overdramatic there, Xif...

First of all, you act like you can push a button and get out of any combo or anything. an instant fixer...which it's not. It has startup time, during which MK can be hit with any attack. Also, after the tactic, MK can be hit out of ending lag...especially if he attacks out of it.

If you could attack while invincible, there would be no arguing for it. As it is, though...I don't see a real problem.

On top of what I just said, apparently some things hit MK out of his invisibility... I don't have any proof of this, nor have I seen it personally, but that's at least a rumor going around.

Finally, since this is only viable on stage, it cannot be used under the stage or for recoveries etc...

If you ban any sort of infinite stall with it, your analogy to the Gambit glitch goes out the window...since it's not the same thing.

To talk about banning down B, which has no relation to the actual glitch...and banning MK himself...you're just being ridiculous.

Rising pound is actually more broken, imo, since Jiggs could fly under DL for 8 minutes against other certain characters....Roy comes to mind...and never give them a chance to attack without dying.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
This tactic far exceeds any reason for banning a character in any other fighting game.

In Tekken Tag in Korea Devil was often banned because of priority.

Super turbo Gouki is banned because of ridiculous damage output and his air fireball.

While Jusstice and Kliff are banned mainly because they are console specific, Both are horribly overpowered and would be banned anyway.

Now you see, while by their communities they have been deemed ban worthy, you can still beat them?

You wanna know the distinction.

-----------------------------------------------------

HIIIIITTTTT BOOOOOXXXEEEESSSS!!!!

there is an object on the screen for all of those characters to strike and therefore give damage. Gouki may be horribly overpowered but at least you can deal damage however rare it happens, the possibility exsists Devil has ridiculous priority in Tag but if you get there and throw out a hit and it connects with the character

DAMAGE

IS

DEALT.

end of argument.

EDIT for lulz:

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I think it's unnecessary to ban Meta Knight as a whole, or even downB as a whole, honestly.
As Frames said before, if it's used for something it shouldn't be used for, like stalling, or whatever else, then it's the opponents responsibility to speak up and say something about it. It's going to be your fault in the end if you go through an entire match of this downB bull**** and you don't say something about it happening.
It's not like it can magically happen and no one notices it's happening, I mean, there's no stealthy way to get away with doing it, those of you who have actually tested it out know that you can't casually pull off this tactic and expect no one to notice what you're doing. . .ignoring the fact that Meta Knight is INVISIBLE and that should be obvious enough.

I understand what Frames is doing it not banning it. We'll see how it goes at Fast1. Either it can be a legitimate tactic, or it's going to get out of control and it's going to get banned immediately anyways, and every MK player just ruined their chances of using the tactic at all in competitive play.

Honestly, the power is in your hands, guys. Do with it what you will. I really, REALLY find it hard to believe that any Meta Knight player is going to win the tournament via this move.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Okay, I guess only horny highschoolers can do this, because I'm stumped... or maybe my Wii is just ******** (people who have played on mine know how weird it runs)... this **** will probably get banned though.
its not ur wii....its the first part cuz it takes speed and endurance in ur right hand and cuz i can do it :laugh:

chckn

Smash Ace
Just monitor every MK player in the tournament and see if they are performing it... then you can analyze
LOL thats kind of difficult. And the problem is that its not a black and white issue of whether its allowed or not. If someone does it and goes invisible for 1 second is it an auto dq? On the other hand, if a player is doing it non stop where do you draw the line. IDK maybe they'll wind up doing a gentleman's rule thing like for wobbling in melee. We're just gonna have to wait and see if this will be abused or if it will even be applicable.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna play metaknight and just do this in every one of my matches until time runs out, just to make people hate life.

Edit: Xif stop posting about EVERY fighting game ever created, we get it you play fighting games heres a dollar. Smash has never been and never will be in the same catagory as standard fighters so please stop comparing it to them.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
LOL thats kind of difficult. And the problem is that its not a black and white issue of whether its allowed or not. If someone does it and goes invisible for 1 second is it an auto dq? On the other hand, if a player is doing it non stop where do you draw the line. IDK maybe they'll wind up doing a gentleman's rule thing like for wobbling in melee. We're just gonna have to wait and see if this will be abused or if it will even be applicable.
I explained the dq thing in my last post. if it is being abused as a way to avoid fighting, the player will receive a warning.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Yeah this shouldn't be banned yet.

Doesn't seem that ********.

If anything, this could cause MK to be banned in whole.

So to all the garbage a$$ kids that main him, you may wanna pick up another broken character that takes skill to use.

Master Raven

Smash Master
So to all the garbage a$$ kids that main him, you may wanna pick up another broken character that takes skill to use.
Balls. MK may be one of the easier characters to pick up on but by no means are you going to automatically win every match with him ESPECIALLY if you're fighting better players using characters like Snake, DK, Falco, Marth, etc. (which are some of MK's more difficult matchups).

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Objection!

Drink cup of coffee"

Ha...

amazing...my conclusion that is going to be banned no matter where you look at it. Just save the move for a DBZ type smash while we at it. Let not forget that there Sudden Death, now if I am correct, regardless after the SD, the lowes percent win...so all you have to od is counter it with a camp techinuqe...lucas could do jsut that by doing Pk Fire it over and overf again. In fact, any projectie could just do just that...

Regardless, indeed that it will stall, so I agree on banning it or just not face the guy

to Gmoney:

Your to professional and honest when you play, so I doubt you'll be doing this :p?

on the note side:

Lucas is powerful against MK...why? Just ask Captain Crunsh >: ). Of course, that was only once but it can happen again.

Let just stop johning and start using our heat, playing smart and plan a strategy on an opponent is the key on winning.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Action*******, you guessed right (and thanks LOL). I can't even do this garbs reliably (you need to be a pro at jacking off to be good at this) and I wouldn't even if I could. At most, I might show off a bit between stocks or something. This should be banned. I mean, it's going to be a soft ban if anything, but I'd assume most of the community won't be ***s. It's all good anyways because Frames and Fenrir got this down. Anyone using it to stall (its only current use) will just get punished in varying degrees.

By the way, how's PR?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Action*******, you guessed right (and thanks LOL). I can't even do this garbs reliably (you need to be a pro at jacking off to be good at this) and I wouldn't even if I could. At most, I might show off a bit between stocks or something. This should be banned. I mean, it's going to be a soft ban if anything, but I'd assume most of the community won't be ***s. It's all good anyways because Frames and Fenrir got this down. Anyone using it to stall (its only current use) will just get punished in varying degrees.

By the way, how's PR?
those are after fast, good sir

that is, if PR = power rankings. if they dont, i have no idea wtf you're talking about

imma test that throwing a banana thing to get them out of it, and see if its true, but i higly doubt it is

nevershootme

Smash Master
So i was messing around with it today with human players... it's great as a mind game to move around and confuse your opponent. but as for stalling, you can't really stall for great lengths.. I was still able to hold it for 3 sec average.

I'll get back to the banana theory gdx, unless you've already done your experiment.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
It will most likely get banned eventually, but i think it would be pretty sweet to actually see someone use this so called tactic intelligently rather than to just stall the match.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Gmoney: I'll be back next Saturday! and enjoying my self
DragonX: Thats Puerto Rico ^^; not power rankings lol.

and yup, were all too professional on using such cheats...lets give an example hmm??

We all know that LUcas Leg lock cheats, but is hard to pull off. You don't see me doing it even though I want to. Speaking of such, I master it already thanks to Galeon gah.

on the note side

I am going ot put "Godot from phenix wright* av...but I have to do it at home
why godot? because he's a professional! :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Gmoney: I'll be back next Saturday! and enjoying my self
DragonX: Thats Puerto Rico ^^; not power rankings lol.

and yup, were all too professional on using such cheats...lets give an example hmm??

We all know that LUcas Leg lock cheats, but is hard to pull off. You don't see me doing it even though I want to. Speaking of such, I master it already thanks to Galeon gah.

on the note side

I am going ot put "Godot from phenix wright* av...but I have to do it at home
why godot? because he's a professional! :D
Godot is the ****

i'd main him if he were in any fighting game

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Nah this won't be banned.

MK has to come out of it eventually.

And the average human can only do it for like 20 seconds.

It's like wobbling, but instead of not getting grabbed, you have to not lose a stock vs MK.

Like I said if anything MK could be banned as a whole if this is taken to another level.

Equi

Smash Ace
You people are insane. Ban this freakin character.

Everyone should just main Wolf. brb lata i'm hanging out with Nicekid and ______________.

We're having a cuddlefeast.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Wow, people are actually talking about banning characters? That's laughable, especially considering there is little empirical data on a community standard level to make such an absurd suggestion. Banning a character should always be an extreme and final resort.

But what do I know? I don't play this silly game.

-Kye

Foda

Smash Apprentice
I tried this and in the matter of one or two tries was able to hold it for around 30 seconds... I want to see an MK win a sudden death with this lmao

as if MK wasn't overpowered enough

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
I'm loving this, a bordlerline useless tech comes up and people start talking god tier. There's plenty of reasons to call MK op and imba without making 'em up. This technique isn't gonna do crap.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You all are fvckin stupid.
so is roboky compared to baiken. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh snap

<3 you afro, no homo

seriously though, somwhat following equi's advice, we'd all be much happier if we all just mained diddy kong. I mean, whats funnier than watching two monkeys fight over a banana?

AfroQT

Smash Master
so is roboky compared to baiken. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh snap

<3 you afro, no homo

seriously though, somwhat following equi's advice, we'd all be much happier if we all just mained diddy kong. I mean, whats funnier than watching two monkeys fight over a banana?
roboky > baiken

Top Bottom