• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
List is pretty good.

Altho you put B3 .... I think you mean D3 (Bair list)

For glide attack... all you need is 3 since ONLY 3 ppl can glide in the game

I also think Lucas has the best Fsmash. Its so **** fast and has unreal knockback ands its not laggy.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Your point being? Jiggs in particular was already high priority, combined with the amazing utility of allowing you to never lose height, and Peach could allow you to stall and/or recover depending on the level.

They're both good, and I'd include them in a melee top 10 as well anyway. Besides, not like there was a ton of awesome Side-b's in Melee anyway, aside from Cape/Swords Dance/missiles.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
And my point is that it should, because its still a property of the move itself.

XienZo

Smash Lord
And my point is that it should, because its still a property of the move itself.
We're listing them as their use in the competitve environment, not what they could be and stuff.

Its like kirby's b being able to destroy items before the opponent reaches it; interesting, but it doesn't help us at all.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Me being clear has nothing to do with it, it is the result of you being unable to keep track of what I have said.
So your advice is wasted.
Actually, it does. If you already said something prior to me entering the discussion, you should've at least noted this. I don't feel like clicking on your name to find every post you made in one day, nor do I have the time to do so.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually, it does. If you already said something prior to me entering the discussion, you should've at least noted this. I don't feel like clicking on your name to find every post you made in one day, nor do I have the time to do so.
So because you have a bad memory and do not remember what has been said I have to go and bring up posts frm over 7 pages ago to you?
No.
If you choose to go on an assumption it is your fault for doing so, not my own especially when i noted the hitstun issue within the same page that you posted upon.
Let alone that you quoted it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So because you have a bad memory and do not remember what has been said I have to go and bring up posts frm over 7 pages ago to you?
No.
If you choose to go on an assumption it is your fault for doing so, not my own especially when i noted the hitstun issue within the same page that you posted upon.
Let alone that you quoted it.
Don't be silly. I'm not saying I have bad memory. All I'm saying is that I don't have the time to read everything in a thread with more than twenty pages. There are other boards I visit, and besides that, I have a lot of other things to do.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Don't be silly. I'm not saying I have bad memory. All I'm saying is that I don't have the time to read everything in a thread with more than twenty pages. There are other boards I visit, and besides that, I have a lot of other things to do.
Which is why you click he little blue button in the quotes rather than make bad assumptions.
I'll cease pestering you now.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Definitely add MK's dthrow in instead of Kirby's. They're almost the same and MK can follow up with an Fair or MT simply because of his range and aerial acceleration.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
olimar's FThrow is as good as his back... if his back throw is 3rd, then his forward throw should at least be ranked...

(also, he has the best DTilt jajaja)

Browny

Smash Hater
lulz i r bored

top ten jabs

1.ike
2.snake
3.captain falcon
4. falco
5.lucario
6.kirby
7.squirtle
8.bowser
9.link
10.yoshi

no lucas? at least above yoshis. the only 2 frame or less jab that actually does reasonable damage definitely deserves a spot. maybe 10th though

Top ten fsmash's

1.pit
2.lucario
3.wario
4. kirby
5.lucas
6.G&W
7.wolf
8.donkey kong
9.zelda
10. luigi

Id put Kirbs are #1, lucas #2 and lucario #3. rest all move down respectively

top ten upsmashes

1. fox
2.olimar
3.snake
4.zelda
5.G&W
6.peach
7.link
8.charizard
9.marth
10.yoshi

although G&W usmash is ridiculous i dont think its that great since its really hard to hit someone with it. but whats so good about yoshis? invinci frames on the head dont mean much when its quite weak and is very punishable. i think IC's is quite good, its above average in strenght and of course every time you get grabbed at med-high %'s youre going to take a full charge usmash

top ten dsmashes

1.metaknight
2. G&W
3.zss
4.rob
5.wolf
6.donkey kong
7.pikachu
8.zelda
9.ICs
10.toonlink

Pikas isnt that great :/ youll be lucky if it does more than 5% against people who DI properly. while its still above average i dont think it deserves a top 10 spot. I would have though oli should deserve a spot here. And where is Bowser? at least better than IC's imo

dash attack

1. diddy
2.snake
3.ganon
4.kirby
5.ness
6.sonic
7.falco
8.mk
9.peach
10.zss

wut. Diddys does like, 4% ganons does 15% and is an incredible KO move. While it may be near impossible to punish it, so are many characters dash attacks when properly spaced. Its good but id put it at 3rd.

ftilt

1.snake
2.shiek
3. d3
4.mk
5.rob
6.bowser
7.DK
8.lucas
9.squirtle
10.ike

Id put lucas above rob, but the rest is good

utilt

1.snake
2.fox
3.d3
4.peach
5.pit
6.kirby
7.lucario
8.mario
9.MK
10.DK

no bowser? id chuck him where kirby is and remove kirbs altogether, bowsers utilt is amazing for KOs

dtilt

1.MK
2.donkey kong
3. marth
4.G&W
5.rob
6.charizard
7.zelda
8.d3
9.Ivysaur
10.samus

Too many characters' dtilts dont do anything unique enough for me to have any ideas here

fair

1.marth
2.mk
3.ness
4. G&W
5.squirlte
6.ROB
7.lucario
8.peach
9.Ike
10.diddy

Id put Ness at #2 and maybe wolfs in place of Didds since its very safe when AC'd and is way too fast + long ranged + powerful to not be there

uair

1.MK
2.olimar
3.G&W
4. marth
5.d3
6.wario
7.Captain Falcon
8.zamus
9. ganon
10.mario

Id put ike in place of Zamus, its great for catching airdodgers :)

bair

1.G&W
2.DK
3. tlink
4.b3
5.mk
6.luigi
7.ROB
8.peach
9.yoshi
10.wolf

No way D3 isnt at least #2 lol that thing is broken. And wolfs should be #5 on this list imo

dair

1.MK
2.lucario
3.wario
4.peach
5.falco
6.g&w
7.fox
8.ganon
9.D3
10.Jiggs

No arguments here

nair

1.ROB
2.MK
3.luigi
4.marth
5.tlink
6.G&W
7.ike
8.snake
9.ness
10.yoshi

I think olimars nair is pretty good... but idk

Up+b

1.MK
2.Pikachu
3.rob
4.G&W
5.marth
6.luigi
7.bowser
8.sonic
9.pit
10.mario

This list is a little weird. offensive up-b's and recoveries are hard to judge. While mario and bowsers up-b as counter-strikes Oos may be very good they are extremely poor at recovering. I think with this in mind, Sonic should be above bowser at the least, and ROB go way down since really, when compared to sonic, robs serves no purpose when used on stage and off stage hes not entire safe while sonic is invincible during it and theres practically nowhere he cant return from

Sideb

1.Marth
2.olimar
3.zero suit
4.mario
5.ganon
6.bowser
7.jiggly
8.sonic
9.charizard
10.falco

Charizard goes to #3 imo and bowser #4, rest can stay the same

neutral b

1.MK
2.snake
3.falco
4.pit
5.lucario
6.rob
7.wolf
8.shiek
9. wario
10.DK

Zair (Top 5)

1.samus
2.link
3.tink
4.lucas
5.young link (I needed five, okay?)

glide attack

1.Metaknight
2.pit
3.charizard
4.mario (Cape?)
5. ummmmm..... Meta kirby?

All good

down+b

1.diddy kong
2.pikachu
3.lucas
4.marth
5.ROB
6.wolf
7.G&W
8.dk
9.wario
10.pit

Wolfs is definitely better than marth at the least, and DK's should probably be moved up above #7 somewhere. And pit doesnt deserve to be in the top 10, his down b is only useful vs a few characters anyway. G&W's is much more threatening however i think that should go down to about #8. Toon links bombs need to be in here somewhere, swap with marth (ie, take marth out of the top 10) imo

Fthrow

1.kirby
2.pikachu
3.DK
4.pit
5.fox

What does Fox's do? he cant combo out of it or anything? put ness there at least. his fthrow is a 0% KO move on ivysaur, olimar when used at the edge :p and of course its huge base knockback sets up for easy edgeguarding at very low %'s

Bthrow

1.d3
2.ness
3.olimar
4.DK
5.snake

Snakes isnt that great? idk most bthrows are the same beyond ness

dthrow

1.d3
2.falco
3.snake
4.olimar
5.kirby

Swap MK with kirby

thats all i have so far!

what should I change?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey, why isn't Bowser UpTilt up on the top of the list, it's definetly one of the best and damaging U-Tilts around.

Mk's throw should also be added, not to promote MK in any way.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I lol'd at the Jabs...wtf

Basically he just put all the multi-hit jabs assuming they are the best. I mean...C.Falcon's? He totally ignored fast jabs such as Zamus' or Peach's which can cancel out and punish many attacks, especially multi hit moves.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
at 0% MKs downthrow to f air is a true combo and ive seen it combo into shuttle loop for a kill at like 25 damage on stages with close sides

and even if it doesnt combo, its an easy set up for follow ups

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
at 0% MKs downthrow to f air is a true combo and ive seen it combo into shuttle loop for a kill at like 25 damage on stages with close sides

and even if it doesnt combo, its an easy set up for follow ups
if yu get killed off at 25% you're playing on green greens and you're DI sucks terribly.
A dthrow to Fair/Usmash is a true combo at 0%. But there alot f things that combo at 0% so its pointless. The overall capability is what matters.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if yu get killed off at 25% you're playing on green greens and you're DI sucks terribly.
A dthrow to Fair/Usmash is a true combo at 0%. But there alot f things that combo at 0% so its pointless. The overall capability is what matters.
it was on pipes, (a stage MK is supposedly bad on) and it wasnt to me...
but either way my second point still stands that even if it doesnt setup for true combos, its very easy to follow on and its a great set up, not too mention it does really good damage for a throw out right

viparagon

Smash Ace
but either way my second point still stands that even if it doesnt setup for true combos, its very easy to follow on and its a great set up, not too mention it does really good damage for a throw out right
yeah, nut kirbs combos into utilt (which can in turn combo into bair and utilt) or usmash and does the same

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This is true hwever you shouldn't get offed at 25% even on pipes. Thats just really bad

Gindler

Smash Champion
Even if I didn't main yoshi I'd think his Bair is better than MKs when coupled with aerial movement. For a move though it might be MKs. That and jab (off the list now?) are probably his most spammable moves. No more Usmash either? that ones actually fair, Oh well it's yoshi =P

ROBs bair is kinda high too, I've been hit by that like once since it's sooo slow. Ness's I think is a lil' better but I could just be playing super predictable ROBs

yes he can, hes the 4th fastest runner so he just runs up after the d-throw and f-airs you..
6th...I'm almost certain

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im pretty sure its
sonic
CF
Fox
MK
somebody else,
squirtle
everybody else

for running speed

and ness's back throw is the best by far
D3s is beast tho since it does 16

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why is mario's up b one of the best? daMAGE KNOCKBACK? what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom