• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Fox, Falco, Earthbound kids, [insert people who don't have super armor/ invincibility frames]

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I feel that CF's up-b outmodes Mario's in every way, oos uses being debatable. You have great control of it in the air, greater vertical ascension, a stronger stage spike, a kill move at the edge (~120% with DI), reuse if it hits someone, and you can grab MK out of SL!

XienZo

Smash Lord
I feel that CF's up-b outmodes Mario's in every way, oos uses being debatable. You have great control of it in the air, greater vertical ascension, a stronger stage spike, a kill move at the edge (~120% with DI), reuse if it hits someone, and you can grab MK out of SL!
The grabbox is only for the first part, so edgehoggers aren't threatened when you're far down. Also, it doesn't really add to CF's ledge grab reach while Mario basically can reach another up-B distance away after he uses it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario can do all those things (Except grabbing of course) except Mario's is faster, has higher priority, and has an invincible startup. Also, Mario’s Up B’s vertical distance is barely beat by CF’s, but Mario’s is far more reliable for recovery.

PS: Mario's Up B is actually a stronger stage spike

Gindler

Smash Champion
yes he can, hes the 4th fastest runner so he just runs up after the d-throw and f-airs you..
im pretty sure its
sonic
CF
Fox
MK
somebody else,
squirtle
everybody else

for running speed

and ness's back throw is the best by far
D3s is beast tho since it does 16
Sonic
CF
Fox
Shiek
ZSS
MK....

Ness's Bthrow is too good, it's pretty nice when you have a throw as a reliable kill move :bee:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Olimars fthrow is the worst out of his 4. =/

The only one that doesnt kill near the 100%'s

Deoxys

Smash Lord
You underrate Zelda's throws. I'm no Zelda pro or anything, just sayin'. Oh, you also underrate Ike's fair, and ESPECIALLY bair. Also, Pit's bair > Yoshi's. Sorry, I'm too lazy to argue for these, and I don't particularly care how accurate this list is, but here's what I think you should consider.

Also, it's funny how Sonic's best moves don't make the lists. :p

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh, you also underrate Ike's fair, and ESPECIALLY bair. Also, Pit's bair > Yoshi's. Sorry, I'm too lazy to argue for these, and I don't particularly care how accurate this list is, but here's what I think you should consider.

Also, it's funny how Sonic's best moves don't make the lists. :p
Ike's Bair pwns, fast and ridiculous but awfully telegraphed. Care to explain how pit's bair is better than yoshi's? I noticed none of the ones on the list require sweetspotting making them more "practical". Ness's Bair is better than Pit's btw.

There is no way Jigglypuff makes the list for her relatively bad dair yet does not make the list for her relatively strong fairs and bairs.
*sigh* this is the top ten of every move. Not the top 10 moves of every character. So most characters have better F/Bair but are lacking in the Dair department so that's why jiggz made it for her Dair.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
*sigh* this is the top ten of every move. Not the top 10 moves of every character. So most characters have better F/Bair but are lacking in the Dair department.
I know but seriously, her dair is fairly bad. Her bair though should easily crack the top 10. Its better than R.O.B.'s and peach's bair in my opinion. Its a great bait, shield pressure and spacing move.

Her fair but her bair is pretty good.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Ike's Bair pwns, fast and ridiculous but awfully telegraphed. Care to explain how pit's bair is better than yoshi's? I noticed none of the ones on the list require sweetspotting making them more "practical". Ness's Bair is better than Pit's btw.

*sigh* this is the top ten of every move. Not the top 10 moves of every character. So most characters have better F/Bair but are lacking in the Dair department so that's why jiggz made it for her Dair.
naw pits is better

thanks for the explanation on dair

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
Samus definitely needs to be on the dair list. And possibly ZSS on the Bair list. Seriously, its her best move.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Lucas's Usmash. The hitback is great and is a big part of his metagame, depending on how close to the blast wall you are and it is mostly used if your enemy is helpless.

Dang, theres so much lingo that new people would think i am speaking another language

viparagon

Smash Ace
naw, we know al the lingo, and you didnt use that mcuh anyway

lucas's is too slow. better than average but still not top 10

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, Lucas' Usmash isn't great. I've only been killed by it in ****ing around FFA's.

Samus does have a beastly Dair, so easy to hit with and I'd say is the best meteor (maybe not knockback but it's easy to land, you can even do it multiple times before having to recover, too good)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can someone please tell me what is so good about mario's up b?

viparagon

Smash Ace
holyy crap judge! just the mention of mario and ur instantly theer.. LOL

anyway, i was thinkin g of removing it just because it sbad for recovery :(

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
holyy crap judge! just the mention of mario and ur instantly theer.. LOL

anyway, i was thinkin g of removing it just because it sbad for recovery :(
It's not really all that bad for recovery as long as make sure you don't Up B at the same time someone edgehogs; cape stalling greatly helps with this. Anyway, you shouldn't remove it just because it isn't a great recovery move; the reason why Mario's Up B is even up there is because of its exploitable attributes as an atk: its speed, its priority, and the fact that it has an invincible startup.

viparagon

Smash Ace
It's not really all that bad for recovery as long as make sure you don't Up B at the same time someone edgehogs; cape stalling greatly helps with this. Anyway, you shouldn't remove it just because it isn't a great recovery move; the reason why Mario's Up B is even up there is because of its exploitable attributes as an atk: its speed, its priority, and the fact that it has an invincible startup.
yes but its weakness is its bad distance in recovery

XienZo

Smash Lord
yes but its weakness is its bad distance in recovery
Its got a huge ledge-grab range though.

I mean, it makes Mario's recovery pretty good, remember when everyone was shocked at Sakurai's YOU MUST RECOVER pictures ?

viparagon

Smash Ace
Its got a huge ledge-grab range though.

I mean, it makes Mario's recovery pretty good, remember when everyone was shocked at Sakurai's YOU MUST RECOVER pictures ?
what was so shocking?, what i mean is, they'r are other ones that might deserve it moar, like dk, toonlink, lucas, ness, ike, etc.

XienZo

Smash Lord
what was so shocking?, what i mean is, they'r are other ones that might deserve it moar, like dk, toonlink, lucas, ness, ike, etc.
A guy measured it and concluded it was 3/4 the length of battlefield.

Toonlink has a pretty good recovery, about as good as Mario's, but DK, Lucas, Ness, and Ike are all meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom