• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i can see it as slightly better than pits as well just because of the damage and knockback scaling

i would take take warios down a notch or two just because of the (compared to the others in discussion) terribad range

viparagon

Smash Ace
i can see it as slightly better than pits as well just because of the damage and knockback scaling
i would take take warios down a notch or two just because of the (compared to the others in discussion) terribad range
aggreed then!:)
lucario's for second!
I just can't see it as first because of the large start up...:urg:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
but its still my thread!
That's no way to run a thread designed to give information. As soon as the topic creator begins applying his own personal preferences into his descriptions, the thread begins to fall apart as the thread becomes less and less accurate.

Here are my personal qualms that seem to really stand out in these lists.
top ten jabs
1.ike
2.snake
3.captain falcon
4. falco
5.lucario
6.kirby
7.squirtle
8.bowser
9.link
10.yoshi
Lucario's jab, albeit slower than most jabs in the cast, has incredible range, a very large amount of priority, which is coupled with aura's special transcendent priority. In other words, Lucario's jab is disjointed, and will outprioritize virtually any non-disjointed hitbox. At the same time, if some move happens to somehow bypass the aura, such as a disjointed hitbox, Lucario's paws will act as a regular hitbox, parrying the attack. Combine that with the fact that at the cap, Lucario can pull off a whopping 14% without even canceling it, and I think the jab deserves to be a little bit higher. Also, I personally think Pit and Olimar should find a way to get squeezed in there, or at least Pit should. Pit's jab, albeit on the slow side when it comes to jabs, is an amazing "gtfo" move, and is also the only jab that can be either an infinite jab or a 3-hit jab at will. It has relatively good knockback for a jab, disjointed hitbox, etc. Toon Link and Link's jabs should probably get up there as well due to disjointedness, range, and still being pretty quick.

Top ten fsmash's

1.pit
2.wario
3.kirby
4. lucario
5.zelda
6.G&W
7.wolf
8.marth
9.luigi
10. Donkey Kong
First of all, where in the world is Lucas, and why is he not in the top 5? Hell, why isn't he top 3? Lucas's forward smash has incredible range due to a very long disjointed hitbox, is a mere 2 frames slower than Kirby's (14 frame startup!), insane KO power, very nice damage output, and it even reflects projectiles (without a sweetspot!). I'd personally put him after Wario and Lucario (order is debatable), or hell, I'm almost tempted to give him the #1 spot. Nobody else's Fsmash is that versatile or that amazing. Wario's and Lucario's come close, though.

Also, it's easy as hell to DI out of Zelda's Fsmash, making it virtually useless as a KO move. Marth's Fsmash... I don't know much about it myself, but the Marth mains I've talked to about it thinks it needs to get a bit lower.

The following tests were done on a Mario from the center of Final Destination in Training Mode.

Pit's Fsmash kills at exactly 130% with good DI, and 121% without any DI whatsoever.
Wario's Fsmash kills at 105% without DI, and 133% with good DI.
Kirby's Fsmash kills at 97% with no DI, and 120% with good DI. (Apparently stronger than Wario's? O,o)

Lucario's Fsmash at 0% kills at... ugh... 154 with no DI, and 184% or something with DI. At 50%, It kills at 125% no DI, and 147% with DI. At 100%, they die at 94% without DI, and 115% with good DI.

Lucario's Fsmash at the cap... Hoo boy... kills at 86% with the absolute best DI possible, and 66% with no DI, and somewhere in the early 70s if you DI slightly late.

Now LUCAS... He kills off the side at 89% with no DI, and Mario absolutely cannot live past 115% from the center of FD with the best possible DI.

Personally, I'd move Kirby down below GnW, bump Pit, Zelda, and Marth out of the top 10, Plug Lucas in Pit's old spot, Plug Pit in Marth's old spot if you really must, and put Olimar up there between Lucario and GnW. Wario stays in second place.

top ten upsmashes

1. fox
2.olimar
3.snake
4.zelda
5.G&W
6.peach
7.link
8.charizard
9.marth
10.yoshi
Zelda's hurt badly by DI. Put Ganondorf above Yoshi, and bump Zelda out.

top ten dsmashes

1.metaknight
2. G&W
3.zss
4.rob
5.wolf
6.donkey kong
7.pikachu
8.ICs
9.tlink
10.zelda
Zelda needs to go up, TL needs to get out, and either Fox or Lucas have to get moved to slot 10.

dash attack

1. diddy
2.snake
3.ganon
4.zss
5.kirby
6.ness
7.falco
8.sonic
9.mk
10.peach
Snake above Diddy. Ganon above Diddy. ZSS wtf. I'm not sure, but I think Jigglypuff may go above Peach, but I've never experimented much with her dash attack, so I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.

ftilt

1.snake
2.shiek
3. d3
4.mk
5.rob
6.bowser
7.DK
8.lucas
9.squirtle
10.ike
Squirtle wtf. Swap either Pit or Zelda for Squirtle, methinks.

utilt

1.snake
2.lucario
3.fox
[color]4.d3[/color]
5.peach
6.kirby
7.MK
8.G&W

9.mario
10.olimar
Okay, WHAT? Explain yourself right now. Lucario's Utilt is a good move, but there's no way in hell it's the second best Utilt in the game. Lucario's Utilt has a small hitbox, comes out in 5 frames behind him, has a sweeping hitbox, only juggles at very low %, doesn't kill at all until stupidly high % where they should already be dead, and is nowhere NEAR as good as Fox's or D3's. Fox's Utilt comes out in 3 frames. Anyways, Luc needs to get out of that list, or at least get below Peach. Kirby needs to go down a few spots to probably right above/below Mario, GnW and MK need to gtfo this list, and they should probably be replaced by Pit in 6th place, Zelda in 7th, and Marth in 8th.

dtilt

1.MK
2.donkey kong
3. marth
4.G&W
5.rob
6.samus
7.charizard
8.zelda
9.d3
10.ivysaur
D3 up a few spots. DK down. Samus out (How the hell did she make it in there?) Bowser in.
fair

1.marth
2.mk
3.ness
4. G&W
5.squirlte
6.diddy
7.ROB
8.peach
9.lucario
10.pikachu
...Okay, explain yourself again. Why the hell is Diddy in there? Move Lucario up above Peach. Put Diddy behind Lucario. Also, I think Pikachu should get out. Ike/Bowser in.
uair

1.MK
2.olimar
3.G&W
4. marth
5.d3
6.wario
7.Captain Falcon
8.zamus
9. ganon
10.mario
Mario out. Stick Zelda in between GnW and Marth.
dair

1.MK
2.lucario
3.wario
4.peach
5.d3
6.falco
7.G&W
8.Fox
9.Ganon
10.Jiggs
Ganon above D3. GnW above Ganondorf's new placement.

nair

1.ROB
2.MK
3.luigi
4.marth
5.tlink
6.G&W
7.ike
8.snake
9.ness
10.yoshi
Luigi up one above MK
Up+b

1.MK
2.Pikachu
3.rob
4.G&W
5.marth
6.luigi
7.bowser
8.sonic
9.pit
10.mario
Lucario above Pika-*SHOT*

down+b

1.diddy kong
2.pikschu
3.lucas
4.G&W
5.rob
6.DK
7.marth
8.wario
9.zss
10.wolf
This is all screwy. Wolf above Pikachu. Lucas below ROB. DK out. Fox/Ice Climbers in.
what should I change?
The mentioned, methinks.

viparagon

Smash Ace
That's no way to run a thread designed to give information. As soon as the topic creator begins applying his own personal preferences into his descriptions, the thread begins to fall apart as the thread becomes less and less accurate.

Here are my personal qualms that seem to really stand out in these lists.

Lucario's jab, albeit slower than most jabs in the cast, has incredible range, a very large amount of priority, which is coupled with aura's special transcendent priority. In other words, Lucario's jab is disjointed, and will outprioritize virtually any non-disjointed hitbox. At the same time, if some move happens to somehow bypass the aura, such as a disjointed hitbox, Lucario's paws will act as a regular hitbox, parrying the attack. Combine that with the fact that at the cap, Lucario can pull off a whopping 14% without even canceling it, and I think the jab deserves to be a little bit higher. Also, I personally think Pit and Olimar should find a way to get squeezed in there, or at least Pit should. Pit's jab, albeit on the slow side when it comes to jabs, is an amazing "gtfo" move, and is also the only jab that can be either an infinite jab or a 3-hit jab at will. It has relatively good knockback for a jab, disjointed hitbox, etc. Toon Link and Link's jabs should probably get up there as well due to disjointedness, range, and still being pretty quick.

First of all, where in the world is Lucas, and why is he not in the top 5? Hell, why isn't he top 3? Lucas's forward smash has incredible range due to a very long disjointed hitbox, is a mere 2 frames slower than Kirby's (14 frame startup!), insane KO power, very nice damage output, and it even reflects projectiles (without a sweetspot!). I'd personally put him after Wario and Lucario (order is debatable), or hell, I'm almost tempted to give him the #1 spot. Nobody else's Fsmash is that versatile or that amazing. Wario's and Lucario's come close, though.

Also, it's easy as hell to DI out of Zelda's Fsmash, making it virtually useless as a KO move. Marth's Fsmash... I don't know much about it myself, but the Marth mains I've talked to about it thinks it needs to get a bit lower.

The following tests were done on a Mario from the center of Final Destination in Training Mode.

Pit's Fsmash kills at exactly 130% with good DI, and 121% without any DI whatsoever.
Wario's Fsmash kills at 105% without DI, and 133% with good DI.
Kirby's Fsmash kills at 97% with no DI, and 120% with good DI. (Apparently stronger than Wario's? O,o)

Lucario's Fsmash at 0% kills at... ugh... 154 with no DI, and 184% or something with DI. At 50%, It kills at 125% no DI, and 147% with DI. At 100%, they die at 94% without DI, and 115% with good DI.

Lucario's Fsmash at the cap... Hoo boy... kills at 86% with the absolute best DI possible, and 66% with no DI, and somewhere in the early 70s if you DI slightly late.

Now LUCAS... He kills off the side at 89% with no DI, and Mario absolutely cannot live past 115% from the center of FD with the best possible DI.

Personally, I'd move Kirby down below GnW, bump Pit, Zelda, and Marth out of the top 10, Plug Lucas in Pit's old spot, Plug Pit in Marth's old spot if you really must, and put Olimar up there between Lucario and GnW. Wario stays in second place.

Zelda's hurt badly by DI. Put Ganondorf above Yoshi, and bump Zelda out.

Zelda needs to go up, TL needs to get out, and either Fox or Lucas have to get moved to slot 10.

Snake above Diddy. Ganon above Diddy. ZSS wtf. I'm not sure, but I think Jigglypuff may go above Peach, but I've never experimented much with her dash attack, so I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.

Squirtle wtf. Swap either Pit or Zelda for Squirtle, methinks.

Okay, WHAT? Explain yourself right now. Lucario's Utilt is a good move, but there's no way in hell it's the second best Utilt in the game. Lucario's Utilt has a small hitbox, comes out in 5 frames behind him, has a sweeping hitbox, only juggles at very low %, doesn't kill at all until stupidly high % where they should already be dead, and is nowhere NEAR as good as Fox's or D3's. Fox's Utilt comes out in 3 frames. Anyways, Luc needs to get out of that list, or at least get below Peach. Kirby needs to go down a few spots to probably right above/below Mario, GnW and MK need to gtfo this list, and they should probably be replaced by Pit in 6th place, Zelda in 7th, and Marth in 8th.

D3 up a few spots. DK down. Samus out (How the hell did she make it in there?) Bowser in.

...Okay, explain yourself again. Why the hell is Diddy in there? Move Lucario up above Peach. Put Diddy behind Lucario. Also, I think Pikachu should get out. Ike/Bowser in.

Mario out. Stick Zelda in between GnW and Marth.

Ganon above D3. GnW above Ganondorf's new placement.

Luigi up one above MK

Lucario above Pika-*SHOT*

This is all screwy. Wolf above Pikachu. Lucas below ROB. DK out. Fox/Ice Climbers in.

The mentioned, methinks.
thanks for all the suggestions! all of them make sense and are really useful. Ill get busy!

viparagon

Smash Ace
Her upair, as strong as it is, is very bad.

thats why its still not in. I wouldn't call it very bad, though, or even bad at all. just no top ten!:)

@brinboy

Hmmmm... did someone forget about a certain soldier? Looks like he's as stealthy as they say....
and pika's isn't that great, id have it 3 or 4, since it works on so few characters. olis needs a mention though

brinboy789

Smash Champion
@brinboy

Hmmmm... did someone forget about a certain soldier? Looks like he's as stealthy as they say....
and pika's isn't that great, id have it 3 or 4, since it works on so few characters. olis needs a mention though
/facepalm. how could i forget? pikachu can CG everybody cept like jiggs to a certain %, and fox to like...100% O.o. oli's is pretty good too

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I think DK's u-smash should be in the list. The kill percents for this thing are ridiculous(possible stronger than Fox, and as fast) The only issue is how hard it is to actually hit with, but its easier than Peaches. And its speed:power makes better than Yoshi's IMO

viparagon

Smash Ace
I think DK's u-smash should be in the list. The kill percents for this thing are ridiculous(possible stronger than Fox, and as fast) The only issue is how hard it is to actually hit with, but its easier than Peaches. And its speed:power makes better than Yoshi's IMO
Fine. you make a good point,especially about peaches, even thouugh it isn't as fast. if this keeps up, it looks like dk may have one og the best move sets in the game

@ brinboy LOL
pikas downthrow only works on FOUR characters, in order of greatest to least effectiveness, captain falcon, fox, sheik, and wolf. it doesn't deserve top five at all...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
has everyone forgot about DK's neutral b also. DK PUNCH! 9 wind can kill DDD at like 80% and jiggs at 60%. and if you charge it all the way he gets 7 frames of super armor, not to mention that also kills at rediculous % and has insane shield pressure and range

viparagon

Smash Ace
has everyone forgot about DK's neutral b also. DK PUNCH! 9 wind can kill DDD at like 80% and jiggs at 60%. and if you charge it all the way he gets 7 frames of super armor, not to mention that also kills at rediculous % and has insane shield pressure and range
it was on the list, but then a zillion people flamed at me and told me to take it off...:ohwell:

them:rocket:

srry couldn't resist!

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Still, it suffers from slow startup and the fact that it puts you into helpless.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Still, it suffers from slow startup and the fact that it puts you into helpless.
its not even that slow, it starts just as fast as his F-smash, has super armor, more range, more shield pressure, kills better, and it doesn't matter that it puts you in to free fall. why would you use this off stage or way up high? you wouldn't.

if DK's F smash is on a list then his neutral b should be also since its better in every way

viparagon

Smash Ace
that doesn't matter though since most dks use it on or near the ground anyway, and near the ground, which cancels the lag similar to using the up+b near the surface. fludd ***** it though:laugh:

and concerning the fsmash, just because its better doesn't neccecarily give it a spot on the list. for example, since in general fairs are worst then bairs, diddys fair makes it on while marios bair does not, merely because they are more better bair moves

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
and concerning the fsmash, just because its better doesn't neccecarily give it a spot on the list. for example, since in general fairs are worst then bairs, diddys fair makes it on while marios bair does not, merely because they are more better bair moves
tell me that DK's neutral is not better than toon link's

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Explain. To my knowledge Falcos laser goes all the way from one end of the stage to the other.
This was tested on a large custom stage. I went in Training Mode, selected Pit and Falco, and went to my custom stage. I rolled Pit and Falco all the way to the far right until they were at the point where continuous rolling to the far right would be pointless, since any character can't roll off the stage. I then added another CPU and made him go to the far left. I fired Palutena's Arrow and Falco's Blaster at the same time, and Palutena's Arrow went the furthest. This might not make any difference on a regular stage, but whatever.

Correct yourself. You mean it MOVES faster.
Saying it fires faster implies firing rate.
So sue me, pumpkin. As long as you understood what I meant, that's all that matters, which is why I brought up delay. I didn't know any other way to word it.

Dont strawman. No one ever said that.
I wasn't making a straw man. If I was, I would've taken what you said and set up a refutation against something you never said. You said,

ShadowLink84 said:
He lands with no lag and the hitstun can be acted upon. much sooner.[sic]
It was a misunderstanding on my part, especially the part where you said, "and the hitstun can be acted upon."

Since you told me to correct myself, let me give you some advice. Make yourself clearer when you're explaining things.

viparagon

Smash Ace
:laugh:
I don't think Pit's f-smash deserves #1. Maybe in the top 10, but not #1.
congrats! that makes you the 15th person to put that forward!
sorry, but I am not offering even a BRIEF explanation this time! if you really want to know why, look at my arguements on the past pages

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This was tested on a large custom stage. I went in Training Mode, selected Pit and Falco, and went to my custom stage. I rolled Pit and Falco all the way to the far right until they were at the point where continuous rolling to the far right would be pointless, since any character can't roll off the stage. I then added another CPU and made him go to the far left. I fired Palutena's Arrow and Falco's Blaster at the same time, and Palutena's Arrow went the furthest. This might not make any difference on a regular stage, but whatever.

So sue me, pumpkin. As long as you understood what I meant, that's all that matters, which is why I brought up delay. I didn't know any other way to word it.
dont call me pumpkin.
I wasn't making a straw man. If I was, I would've taken what you said and set up a refutation against something you never said. You said,
whoops made an error in my word usage >.<

It was a misunderstanding on my part, especially the part where you said, "and the hitstun can be acted upon."

Since you told me to correct myself, let me give you some advice. Make yourself clearer when you're explaining things.

Falco on the other hand does not have this issue.
For example when Falco fires an SHL. He lands with no lag and the hitstun can be acted upon. much sooner.(silent lasers are a 2-3+frame advantage in comparison to regular lasers).
The laser's ability to cancel the waiting time and allow him to act on hitstun. pit has no such method other than the arrow loop which is not useful.
Indeed.
Mind you I also stated in the post previous to this one that pits arrow has more hitstun.
Me being clear has nothing to do with it, it is the result of you being unable to keep track of what I have said.
So your advice is wasted.

TP

Smash Master
I would like to give a shout-out to Ganon's Dtilt. I THINK (not sure) that it has the most range of any Dtilt in the game. Frame 10 is hardly slow. It has IASA frames. It is the most common follow-up after a SideB, as it works on nearly the whole cast. This makes it an essential damage builder. His Dtilt is more important to his game than some of those are to their respective characters.

Coffee™

I need it....
I'd put Pit's Dthrow over Kirbys or Olimars as it is quite a bit more useful as far as positioning for followups is concerned.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The whole thing with Zeldas usmashes being DI'able is extremely overrated. Show me a vid with a player consistently DI'ing out of her usmash before you tell me it's not top 10 in the game.

Gindler

Smash Champion
True, yoshi's has a practical hitbox though. and since it's disjointed (for some reason) so it goes through everything (i use it on nado's)

I was also wondering why Wario's Uair is so high when yoshi's is nearly the same in all respects, might even have more power haven't compared the two side by side. Not that I'm main bumping, just curious for realz.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The fact that it's so good that it needs to be banned means its easily top 10; and I go as far to say number 1 in its category, as it makes you invincible forever.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Can I nominate Lucas' up smash? It's like an upwards falcon punch that has huge range, is faster, and iirc has a lot of priority. It gives me more problems than any of the other up smashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom