• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viparagon

Smash Ace
A guy measured it and concluded it was 3/4 the length of battlefield.

Toonlink has a pretty good recovery, about as good as Mario's, but DK, Lucas, Ness, and Ike are all meh.
yeah, all those are pretty bad for recovery cept lucas's, but they all have lots of onstage usages

XienZo

Smash Lord
yeah, all those are pretty bad for recovery cept lucas's, but they all have lots of onstage usages
Oh, right, I guess for non-recovery they're pretty good...

except Ike's. Its kinda hard to miss the "HUYAAAHHHH" as he comes down.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Where is uthrow and grab pummel on your list?

Also why is Kirby not one of the best dairs? It can meteor smash, is relatively fast, can lead to more consecutive hits, and harder to punish than most of the ones you have listed.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Wow, I thought Kirby's B was the best, but I guess people can't see that, lol. But the fact that Wario's up there and not Kirby's, lol.

But my thought's, Ike's F-Smash should be at least around the list, I would debate about that, but I'm too lazy right now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
6.peach
7.link
8.charizard
9.marth
10.ICs

How are those usmashes better than Ike's? His has the biggest hitbox coverage for any usmash there is and has a lingering hit box behind him during the move. Not only that, it has 20 IASA frames! Link's Usmash can be DI'd out and Charizard's too half the time. I know Peach's is stronger, but still, it's a small hitbox.

How does Pit have the best fsmash? You can DI out of the first hit. Zelda's fsmash can be DI'd out of too.

TP

Smash Master
How does Pit have the best fsmash? You can DI out of the first hit
Don't bother arguing about Pit's Fsmash. Viparagon got a bugged copy of Brawl in which that move has the range and strength of DDD's Fsmash, has the priority of MK's, the speed and super armor of Wario's, and 50 IASA frames that allows him to cancel it into a second Fsmash after the first hit, making an unstoppable chain.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't bother arguing about Pit's Fsmash. Viparagon got a bugged copy of Brawl in which that move has the range and strength of DDD's Fsmash, has the priority of MK's, the speed and super armor of Wario's, and 50 IASA frames that allows him to cancel it into a second Fsmash after the first hit, making an unstoppable chain.
I actually read that part of the thread after I posted that :dizzy:

I happened to beat an Olimar just spamming Lucario's fsmash xD

viparagon

Smash Ace
i havent even heard a general consensus for who's is better/who's is the best fsmash. I'vs heard pit, lucario, wario, lucas, and kirby, all of which arre in the top five. Even dk has been argued, but I cant see anyone reasonable argue that:laugh:

viparagon

Smash Ace
Posting this for about the fourth time now, but all of Ice climbers grabs are better than anyones...
Yeh, it gets complicated tho b/c all there grabs suck while they are alone with the exception of dthrow. While they do have best, its a function of the character, not the move, thati'm using. For example, jibblypuffs fair and bair are not on the list because as stand alone moves, they are not that great. However, combined with jigglys great horizontal airspeed and acceleration, they become much better.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeh, it gets complicated tho b/c all there grabs suck while they are alone with the exception of dthrow. While they do have best, its a function of the character, not the move, thati'm using. For example, jibblypuffs fair and bair are not on the list because as stand alone moves, they are not that great. However, combined with jigglys great horizontal airspeed and acceleration, they become much better.
Yeah but you have to factor her horizontal acceleration into it. It allows her to essentially create a wall (albeit much more easily broken down than melee) using those aerials and because her air speed is so great, she can DI away and use retreating aerials very very safely. I don't think fair should make the list but bair definitely should.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Yeah but you have to factor her horizontal acceleration into it. It allows her to essentially create a wall (albeit much more easily broken down than melee) using those aerials and because her air speed is so great, she can DI away and use retreating aerials very very safely. I don't think fair should make the list but bair definitely should.
EPIC FAIL!!!
Did u read what u quoted??
it mentions ecceleration!:laugh:

XienZo

Smash Lord
That means jigglypuff goes good with the bair, not that bair is neccesarily good.

Nontheless, I think the bair is pretty good... but everyone's best move is bair so....

viparagon

Smash Ace
That means jigglypuff goes good with the bair, not that bair is neccesarily good.

Nontheless, I think the bair is pretty good... but everyone's best move is bair so....
...yeah at any rate, i'd be putting marios, falco's, and marth's bair on before jiggs...

viparagon

Smash Ace
Eh, their bairs are Ok, for racking damage and edgeguarding, but Jigglypuff's can do all of those plus WoP.
All of their bairs also have littles called range, damage, and speed while wop is an aspect of jiggs' body, rather than the move itself, As ive been explaining for the last 3 posts :\

brinboy789

Smash Champion
wtf why is MK's utilt even on teh list? the only thing it has is range(only upward, no side range AT ALL), it does medium-crap damage and is like one of his slowest moves

XienZo

Smash Lord
All of their bairs also have littles called range, damage, and speed while wop is an aspect of jiggs' body, rather than the move itself, As ive been explaining for the last 3 posts :\
No, their bairs hit too high so they can escape eventually. Well, maybe not Mario's, but Falco and Marths couldn't WoP even if they had infinite jumps.

Gindler

Smash Champion
It's good if someone's directly above you? I honestly had no idea why one of the least used MK moves is even on the list.

Oh, Ivy's Bthrow is better than snakes...just sayin'

brinboy789

Smash Champion
wtf why is MK's utilt even on teh list? the only thing it has is range(only upward, no side range AT ALL), it does medium-crap damage and is like one of his slowest moves
i dont like quoting myself, but jsut in case you missed it

No, their bairs hit too high so they can escape eventually. Well, maybe not Mario's, but Falco and Marths couldn't WoP even if they had infinite jumps.
jiggs bair is better then marths, falcos and marios arguably. marios can WOP, but not nearly as well as jiggs, especially since she has so many jumps

viparagon

Smash Ace
i dont like quoting myself, but jsut in case you missed it

jiggs bair is better then marths, falcos and marios arguably. marios can WOP, but not nearly as well as jiggs, especially since she has so many jumps
marths is disjointed as hell, and very powerful and easy to tip. falcos bair is an amazing edgegaurding tool, has a lingering hitbox, and is extremely fast. marios shoots him out very far, does 11 damage, combos, and IIRC doesn't stale. Jiggs WOP is a function of her aerial aceleration and movement speed, as I just said LIKE 2 POSTS AGO :crazy:

brinboy789

Smash Champion
marths is disjointed as hell, and very powerful and easy to tip. falcos bair is an amazing edgegaurding tool, has a lingering hitbox, and is extremely fast. marios shoots him out very far, does 11 damage, combos, and IIRC doesn't stale. Jiggs WOP is a function of her aerial aceleration and movement speed, as I just said LIKE 2 POSTS AGO :crazy:
IMO the bair list is:

falco
jiggs
mario
marth
and so on. oh and respond to my MK utilt thingy. it sucks

brinboy789

Smash Champion
viparagon take out MK's bair and utilt. bair is soooo slow, not even worth using. utilt only has decent verticle range. it has like no range to the sides, does mediocre damage and is slow in startup time and cooldowm time

XienZo

Smash Lord
Marios has like, NO landing lag! its essentially the same as luigi's, albeit a little slower, and it is faster, so both of your arguments fail
Ok, I was kinda guessing on that one. I guess they're about the same.

viparagon

Smash Ace
viparagon take out MK's bair and utilt. bair is soooo slow, not even worth using. utilt only has decent verticle range. it has like no range to the sides, does mediocre damage and is slow in startup time and cooldowm time
ir doesn't need range to the side, its used when they are above you. none of mks attacks do very much damage, they are good for different reasons. the uptilt IS very fast, maybe not in comparison to the rest of then cast, but its still great. even tho bair is MK's worst aerial, it still is very fast, has good range, and has transended priority, allowing it to "slice" through everyone below it in the top ten.

Ok, I was kinda guessing on that one. I guess they're about the same.
cept jiggs is slower, has less "plunge", does less damage, doesn't combo, etc.

added uthrow! I know it sucks, I'm only adamant on the first 2...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
ir doesn't need range to the side, its used when they are above you. none of mks attacks do very much damage, they are good for different reasons. the uptilt IS very fast, maybe not in comparison to the rest of then cast, but its still great. even tho bair is MK's worst aerial, it still is very fast, has good range, and has transended priority, allowing it to "slice" through everyone below it in the top ten.
MK's utilt sucks. its only useful if you can perfectly time it through G&W's key >_> which is reaaaaaly hard btw. and it comes out slowly, almost rivaling fsmashes slowness. it has mediocre damage and has alot of cooldown time. DK's utilt is much better then MK's, it can juggle and comes out fast, WAY more range, probably more damage too.

bair... well i guess its "OK" but higher then marios and pits? put jiggs in, jiggs is amazing.

Kirby MK and pikas uthrow suck. well kirby and MK suck. they kill @ like 180%. they just look good ol, but arent that ogod. pika i dont think is that good, not sure though.

Gindler

Smash Champion
MK's utilt sucks. its only useful if you can perfectly time it through G&W's key >_> which is reaaaaaly hard btw. and it comes out slowly, almost rivaling fsmashes slowness. it has mediocre damage and has alot of cooldown time. DK's utilt is much better then MK's, it can juggle and comes out fast, WAY more range, probably more damage too.

bair... well i guess its "OK" but higher then marios and pits? put jiggs in, jiggs is amazing.

Kirby MK and pikas uthrow suck. well kirby and MK suck. they kill @ like 180%. they just look good ol, but arent that ogod. pika i dont think is that good, not sure though.
His Utilt really is near useless. It's alot like yoshi's just with kill potential (at like what 150% though), slower (mk slower?) and has less range (wtf, mk without range?), it's pretty worthless and when I see it actually used it always surprises me because MK just doesn't get the chance to ever.

Bair's pretty bad too, it has massive lag. Maybeot landing lag I don't think but i've seen some MKs suicide when they accidentally Bair off stage that's ridiculous aerial lag. I still think mario's is better, it has every good attribute except maybe it's average range but other than that it's just too much awesomer than MKs IMO.

Yeah, everyone's Uthrow sucks except Sonic's and Olimar with a purple pikmin...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Couple plugs I want to put in for my characters.

Zelda's utilt is the most powerful in the game. Not many people know that it has more power than even Snakes'. It comes out slow, but that much power dshould certainly make it top 10?

Links' utilt is also very good. Comes out fast, has great range on both of his sides and above him, combos into itself at lower percentages, and it kills fairly well.

Why doesn't Links dair get any consideration? That move alone makes Link safe whenever he's above his opponents. From a full-hop it can be auto-cancelled, the hitbox lasts forever, the knockback stays the same for the entire duration of the hitbox, does fantastic damage, is a lethal KO move, and is a great edgeguarding tool.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Couple plugs I want to put in for my characters.

Zelda's utilt is the most powerful in the game. Not many people know that it has more power than even Snakes'. It comes out slow, but that much power dshould certainly make it top 10?

Links' utilt is also very good. Comes out fast, has great range on both of his sides and above him, combos into itself at lower percentages, and it kills fairly well.

Why doesn't Links dair get any consideration? That move alone makes Link safe whenever he's above his opponents. From a full-hop it can be auto-cancelled, the hitbox lasts forever, the knockback stays the same for the entire duration of the hitbox, does fantastic damage, is a lethal KO move, and is a great edgeguarding tool.
ok, i fized the list up...

Omit

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, de3s bair is better than dks and tl´s. Comes out faster, less lagg, etc

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Hi B0mb. =3

D3s Bair is nice(it lags more than DK/TL), but TL and DK can bair twice in one SH. Also, TLs bair is a combo at low percents, and can lead to a meteor if you are near the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom