• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Forget the birds phantasm. Lets concentrate on things that matter. like Seibrik's DASC.
Code:
Action0x26
@1298C
AttackDash, 
-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action - ID=0xE, Requirement=In Air, 
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x277A, ID=0x38, IC-Basic[1011] <= IC-Basic[3130]
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Button Held, Variable=0x3, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=On Ground, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Holding Item, 
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x2779, ID=0x36, Requirement=Button Held, Variable=0x3, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Holding Item, 
Basic Variable Set - IC-Basic[23081], RA-Basic[0], 
Concurrent Infinite Loop - 0x9, @127A4, 
Change Action(Status)(EXT=1) - StatusID=0x276B, ID=0x30, Requirement=Button Pressed, Variable=0x0, 
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Unknown(0x2725), 
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[1018] >= IC-Basic[3158]
Switch - 0x2710, IC-Basic[23188], 
Case - 0x1, 
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2731, ID=0x12, Requirement=Animation End, 
Case - 0x0, 
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2710, ID=0x0, Requirement=Animation End, 
Default Case
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2710, ID=0x0, Requirement=Animation End, 
End Switch
Change Subaction - AttackDash
----------------------------|END|-----------
There's nothing that says you're allowed to shield cancel. D:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Opponent is close to the edge.
you dash attack into them and the pushback edgecancels your dash attack.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, I know what you're talking about now. I do it all the time with Sheik's DACUS combined with "Edge Slip" and then edgeguard them, usually with a footstool.

Yikarur

Smash Master
we've been waited for so long just to see this! :'(

xD

a lot of people will be disappointed but I like it :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
My/Stealth's SDI and my DI findings =\
The Quarter Circle SDI has always been known but your right about the C-Stick part. I didn't say how it worked/explain why the c-stick part was important because I know you are gonna make a video explaining it

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you really want to get all nitty-gritty about it, it's all actually Nintendo's.

:troll:

:093:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I would think in theory, the Cstick theory would work better on the jab too. At least, that's how I do it lol
The only drawback being you might accidentally input an aerial

@ Yika: It was implied that you found that because my findings were derived off of your findings

Yikarur

Smash Master
I would think in theory, the Cstick theory would work better on the jab too. At least, that's how I do it lol
The only drawback being you might accidentally input an aerial

@ Yika: It was implied that you found that because my findings were derived off of your findings
but your derived findings were surely found by me a long time ago!!! :(
xP

and C-Stick for SDIing Falcos Jab is cool if you have a great upair, I get cool combos with ICs every now and then (uptilt, upair, to upair xD)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Theoretically yes. But you should have ample time to roll or getup before he can begin it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
MK or Snake seems fun.

I'm also interested in diagonal DI directions, especially since I've used it to DI many times before, but I haven't really experimented with it for kill moves other than sonic's fsmash.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
whos a char with a lot of multihit moves?
maybe pikachu or something. I can imagine a lot of his common stuff being busted when people DI it right.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I would like to know Meta Knight's.

Ivysaur's whole moveset is either really hard-hitting or multi-hit.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I think itd be cool to do a section on covering ledge options. And why certain characters are exceptional at it. Or things like why certain characters are good at juggling i.e frame traps. I think itd be cool to encourage more of the community to figure out these things. Or just bring some of these lesser known ones to light.

Like that D3 swallow covering all snakes options. Something like that except more characters. Like covering a couple characters a week. I know itd seem like a daunting task but a ton of the top players of their mains already know what exactly makes that character potent in that area via ( frame traps + range). Itd definitely paint a clearer picture for people who watch top players duke it out and it seems arbitrary in their eyes. Also vs characters like MK, if people knew his frame traps and option out of them ( if any) then people would understand more what situations they should avoid etc. which i believe will boost the skill of the community.

Because honestly Im tired of people commenting on youtube or in post that so so is throwing out random crap, when its actually much more deeper than that. I mean these are the kind of things that make the game in my opinion more enjoyable, technical, and allows for better and longer follow ups.

Also ( obviously this is your decision) but I think the DI videos should just be written post on VGBC site. Itll save Metagame Minutes for more visually inclined information, and itll get people to your site. Having a site with properly organized info like that would be a definite incentive I think for people to get more involved over there.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Also ( obviously this is your decision) but I think the DI videos should just be written post on VGBC site. Itll save Metagame Minutes for more visually inclined information, and itll get people to your site. Having a site with properly organized info like that would be a definite incentive I think for people to get more involved over there.
I agree. How to DI should be a separate but related topic from Metagame Minute.

[/wantstolearncoolerstuffaboutbrawlthanhowtosmashthecontrolstick]

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah the frametrap and etc. idea is amazing. Maybe even getting known character mains to guest star them would bring even more popularity to this.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys thanks for the ideas. I'll definitely keep them in mind. Unfortunately, because of running the live stream at Ktar I didn't have the time to do an episode this week. So you'll have to wait. Sorry :/

Top Bottom