• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
hahah nice. Dang I half expected a melee MGM again when I scrolled down the page. Thank goodness. Yeah Im glad everyone concurs about the frame trap character ish. Kinda just continuing the Falco laser trap trend, except maybe two characters instead of one. I mean like Iblis said top character mains would definitely help you with that info.

MGM little by little is bettering brawl for the masses. Kudos to you good sir.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I mean, I really only have the time to research, write, capture, and edit a video on one subject per week. Like, the Falco frame trap is REALLY simple but still took a very long time to create. I had to spend a good amount of time researching and testing it, on top of that I had to capture a lot of it in frame advance and cut out each frame so it would look smooth in the video. This is monkey work and it's very time consuming.

Also, "Thank you" @ the last sentence

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm probably gonna do this weeks episode on something else seeing as I test edthe D3 on MK thing and it seems that it isn't as effective as I thought

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
NOOOOO! lol I was excited. you should do it on marth and his aerial frame traps. it would be cool to see something on meta. That always get people excited lol.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Im dreaming of a Metagame minuteee.

@Nick Riddle: Is being in space really fun? Because I personally would miss my ATP carrier.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm working on it right now guys. Sorry for the wait

I'm Releasing the Next Episode tomorrow. It's very detailed and thus I had to record a lot of footage and do a lot of editing. That's why it's taking so long.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
A2ZOMG putting in work? good for him. I know my training partner is going to love this. Good stuff guys. Now this is a brilliant MGM. Especially since it was done last minute. these are the things that people need to see.

EDIT: So GIMR the edge slip at the edge of the stage has the same amount of frames as the edge slip on the platform? Because if thats the case cant some characters jab lock to the end of a stage and put you in a situation where either you eat the jab and you are offstage ( which isnt a good place for most characters) or they shield and edge slip leading to a free footstool or stage spike? Just curious. cuz ive been trying that with a little setup of mine.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
A2ZOMG putting in work? good for him. I know my training partner is going to love this. Good stuff guys. Now this is a brilliant MGM. Especially since it was done last minute. these are the things that people need to see.

EDIT: So GIMR the edge slip at the edge of the stage has the same amount of frames as the edge slip on the platform? Because if thats the case cant some characters jab lock to the end of a stage and put you in a situation where either you eat the jab and you are offstage ( which isnt a good place for most characters) or they shield and edge slip leading to a free footstool or stage spike? Just curious. cuz ive been trying that with a little setup of mine.

Characters can grab the ledge it seems during their edge slip so you don't have much time at all unless the move you hit them with sends them so far off the edge that they can't grab it. GW's 4th hit of N-air is really weak so they almost immediately grab the ledge.

what prevents this from being able to punish techs in place on some characters? their tech animation?
Mostly their height.

For super heavy characters you can't punish the tech since they can shield before the N-air comes out(Heavier=GW has a longer D-throw animation)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Hey GIMR, I have something that you can look into if you have the time. I'll PM it to you if you wanna know about it.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey GIMR, I have something that you can look into if you have the time. I'll PM it to you if you wanna know about it.
please do, that would be great

@Stingers: Maybe I will :awesome:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Quite interesting to know G&W had such a nifty thing with just his downthrow.
Can only imagine what the next episode'll be about.

@Iblis - Nah, we most likely have all of our techs discovered... Hopefully.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are you trying to imply that I haven't done anything besides this? That's the way you come off to me. You have much to learn about the characters I research. I unintentionally put in a lot more work into this game than most people, mainly in the form of experimentation as well as match analysis/critique.

And GIMR, I'm only mildly upset you didn't cover the D-tilt/Oil Panic option selects but you did such a good job in this video that I think I'll let it slide. =P

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
And GIMR, I'm only mildly upset you didn't cover the D-tilt/Oil Panic option selects but you did such a good job in this video that I think I'll let it slide. =P
It took me so long just to cover the N-air that it wasn't worth it lol

Laem

Smash Champion
What happens to all these characters when they 'land' behind g&w and techroll forward? (Or land in front of, and tech roll behind him)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Does that even happen in tournament? Seriously think for a moment how difficult that is to do.

I will tell you though that I love grabbing people near the edge if they techroll towards it. Free F-smash!

Flayl

Smash Hero
What? isn't it just choosing a direction during the animation of dthrow and then pressing shield at the right time? I mean I've always done that away from G&W, but I can't see how it would be hard to go the other way.

Maybe there's something I'm missing?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You can only DI a hit during the first frame of knockback. It CANNOT be buffered. While you can buffer a tech, it will be in the direction you were last inputting.

So actually landing on one side and techrolling in the opposite direction is RIDICULOUS, especially since a lot of characters are only in the air for one frame after being D-throwed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It can be called an option select in that the hitlag involved allows that a single set of inputs can effectively cover multiple options.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If I delay the n-air on the forward tech roll punish, can I get the third-hit frame advantage?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nope, doesn't work that way. You can't fastfall soon enough to land that way.

Top Bottom