• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Metaknight annihilates Kirby. It's disgusting. Kirby can't kill MK, and bair spam gets outspaced by fastfalled fairs, and UpB OOS. If you camp, he has 0 viable approaches, and nothing that can't be easily beaten on reaction.

I think Fox actually does decently against MK, but I think the most underrated matchup is Sheik. An edge sheik has that a lot of characters dont is the ability to kill MK out of a grab (and a very low percent).

I wouldn't mind discussing Sheik or Fox personally, as both characters lack representation anyway.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
tbh i dont think marth beats kirby, especially not to that degree.

just from watching chu vs neo i get a very different impression, but those are the only people ive ever really seen play it so i dont know, XD

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
I have an honest question:

If Marth is supposed to beat Kirby somewhere in the neighborhood of 60:40-65:35, why am I to assume that Kirby does better than 60:40 against MK? Most of Marth's advantages are... Similar to MK's in that matchup.

-Both have more range and speed over Kirby
-Both can attempt to Juggle Kirby and have air traps against him
-Both have a fairly solid edgeguarding game against Kirby
-Both have fairly good shield pressure against him and their ground games keep up with Kirby's

I mean honestly it just seems weird that Marth would do about10 points better than MK in that particular matchup when I don't see what advantages Marth has over Kirby that MK cannot match in a similar fashion.
You bring up a good point.

We should do Kirby next

Nic64

Smash Lord
If we decided the next matchup based on that we'd have to do like 10 characters at once.

(including Fox whom we were just talking about)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
tbh i dont think marth beats kirby, especially not to that degree.

just from watching chu vs neo i get a very different impression, but those are the only people ive ever really seen play it so i dont know, XD
Most Kirby players I have talked to think it's 60:40 at least for Marth. Having it push 65:35 doesn't seem unreasonable since it doesn't look like Kirby can do much to Marth except hope Marth opens himself up or misspaces that Fair or doesn't avoid that Fsmash.

Even if Marth was only 60:40, I still don't see what in parcular Kirby could do to MK that he couldn't do to Marth, or on the flip side what MK is incapable of doing that Marth is able to do.

im not telling!!!!!!! lol
Dang secrets!

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You guys should discuss Jigglypuff next because the discussion won't last long at all.

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
You guys should discuss Jigglypuff next because the discussion won't last long at all.
All you need to do against jiggs is spam fairs and tilts. So easy to out-space. Jiggs is like 80:20, lawl

And when you attempt to use roll-out, we'll just nado you.

Yah, you're right that didn't take long. Now lets do Kirby please

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
My best friend uses metaknight and wolf seems to be the only thing to beat him. Which is why I disagree with the 65:35 thing, 55:45 seems to make more sense.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My best friend uses metaknight and wolf seems to be the only thing to beat him. Which is why I disagree with the 65:35 thing, 55:45 seems to make more sense.
You have to remember that these ratios should only apply to the top level of play. It might be that the Meta Knight does not know the match-up.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well MY friend uses Wolf and I 3 stock him every match so YOU'RE WRONG. :laugh:

[/sarcasm]

OverLade

Smash Hero
Anti has the ability to take games off anyone with any character apparently...

In tourney or in friendlies though?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jesus Christ people... I'm PROUD you want to play gay like me and want to hear what new gay tip I have, but don't forget this is the MK boards.

:)

Lol on a more serious note, my gay tip of the week is to always double blind first match. ALWAYS!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why go MK first match when you can put your cursor on a character, call for a Double Blind, and then pick MK? Much gayer IMO

OverLade

Smash Hero
Why go MK first match when you can put your cursor on a character, call for a Double Blind, and then pick MK? Much gayer IMO
Who was I to try to up one of the kings of gayness? You're absolutely right. :laugh:

It's borderline ***gy lol, especially if you don't main MK.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Perhaps u guys should re discuss Kirby next because Kirby used to go 55-45 with MK, I wanna know if that is still true or if things have changed. Is there another counter MK option, makes good sense to find out right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kirby is probably 6/4. Marth vs Kirby used to be thought as 65:35, but I think 6/4 for both of them seems more accurate.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Perhaps u guys should re discuss Kirby next because Kirby used to go 55-45 with MK, I wanna know if that is still true or if things have changed. Is there another counter MK option, makes good sense to find out right?
lol Kirby doesn't go even with MK, 60:40 is far more reasonable.

DMG you should totally make a topic for your "gay tips of the day" (and then send me the link).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kirby is probably 6/4. Marth vs Kirby used to be thought as 65:35, but I think 6/4 for both of them seems more accurate.
Kirby vs Marth is more like 55/45 or 5/5.
MK vs Kirby is 6/4 though.

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
5/5? Eww IDK. Upb OOS ***** anything Kirby does in the air, Dtilt and Dancing Blade take care of most of the ground stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom