• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Is the Marth vs MK discussion STILL going on? If so I would like to add my two cents if thats ok take them with a grain of salt though.

I like this match-up alot because it deals with spacing and zoning most of the time.

It may be just me but I think Marth has more range than MK if you ask me.

I like to play very aggressive in this match-up but not to aggressive mostly I use quick little poke attacks like Dtilt,Ftilt,Fair,and Dair something where I know I seriously can't be punished if I space it just right.

MK dominates Marth up close but you have to be careful you don't get grabbed because Marth has alot of options out of his grab.

I try to get Marth in the air alot since he doesn't do well up there mostly its not that hard getting a nice decent amount of damage when he is up in the air so I take advantage of that.

When I get the lead I tend to play defensive using quick pokes to tack damage and to keep him away from me.

Torando is a good move but when it gets stale Marth can easily Up+B out of it I mostly only use Torando when Marth is on the ledge or he is in the air.

MK has a easier time killing Marth to me but Marth can kill MK at earlier percentages I believe.

A good marth can actually edgeguard MK for a while Nair, Fair, Fsmash, or he grab you and put you back off the stage.

Gimping Marth is well.... not easy but not THAT hard either but if your not careful you may end up getting killed by his Up+B or something just Dair him Nair is a little to risky to me.

Don't be to predictable with your movements or else you will seriously get punished and Marth is really good at doing that.

Dancing Blade tends to be a move I see alot for spacing and racking up damage.

Counter>Tornado

Marth's Dtilt is a good pressure move its not good to be near the edge when they're using it oh and it has IASA (interruptable as soon as) frames

Mk's Dtilt is great for pressuring too and it can trip Marth so thats good it also has IASA frames as well.

My favorite Neutrals to play marth are: Smashville, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
My Favorite counter-picks are: Smashville, Delfino Island, Halberd , and Jungle Japes.
The only stage I don't like to really go against a Marth at is Final Destination so far he can actually do well against MetaKnight there and sometimes Battlefield.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think Kirby vs. MK is more like 65/35. If you camp properly he can't kill you. He cant punish fastfalled Fairs (Ftilt, Dtilt, UpB OOS beat fastfalled bairs). UpB OOS also beats ANY of his viable approaches. If you play gay this matchup isn't pretty at all...

And even if you dont play gay MK still already has massive range and punish game on kirby, where what kirby can punish is specific.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to update the first page!

(In regards to the updated summaries for several match-ups [ZSS, Lucario, G&W,current matchup discussion])

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'd be willing to write some matchup summaries....
If that party last night wasn't so awfully crazy that I wished we taped it.
If I hadn't danced my *** off and had this one girl completely naked.
I wasn't drinking beer or smoking weed, but my friends were all I needed.
I went to bed at 3, woke up at 6:30 for class, went out to eat, then did it on MWF.

Cuz But I love college

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I think Kirby vs. MK is more like 65/35. If you camp properly he can't kill you. He cant punish fastfalled Fairs (Ftilt, Dtilt, UpB OOS beat fastfalled bairs). UpB OOS also beats ANY of his viable approaches. If you play gay this matchup isn't pretty at all...

And even if you dont play gay MK still already has massive range and punish game on kirby, where what kirby can punish is specific.
I agree kirby vs mk is ******** once mk starts to camp, same exact stuff with marth it gets ******** when he doesn't camp....mk is a ******** character

OverLade

Smash Hero
HRNUT you should grace this matchup thread with your wise insight more often. :)

We really could've used you for the marth matchup lol.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well Affinity got lazy with the matchup summaries so we're taking a break. But technically its over...I guess?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Someone want to write up match-up summaries for Lucario, Falco, ZSS, Pikachu, G&W, and Marth?

If someone (or more) can, we'll continue to other match-ups.

Players with a lot of experience with the match-up in high-level play, preferably.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
ZSS: Tornado a lot

GW: Ftilt and up B a lot

Lucario: Dair and fair a lot

Falco: Tornado and dair a lot

Pikachu: Powershield a lot

Marth: Don't do anything

Staco

Smash Champion
MK Dittos:

I possibly got some nice find for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V178WwMu9KU

watch this fight of m2k ;)

do you notice sth.?

M2K is using not as much ftilt as before 1/2 a year

instead he is using dsmash

so why dsmash?
its really safe
if you hit a shield with it you are like untouchable afterwards

so I think close range dsmash (beeing next to your enemy, so that it hits him or shield for sure) is better than ftilt

what do you think?

Staco

Smash Champion
maybe if you powershield it
but it is save, if you perfect space it, because if it hits shield the enemy slides backwards a bit

I talk about spaced dsmashes and not next to enemy dsmashes, which can be grabed or aerialed

maybe they arent as safe as I think, but I think that its a savier option than ftilt

if m2k uses it and ***** with it, then dont tell me that it sucks

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Nope, you're wrong. Dsmash is -25 on block. You can dash grab, dash attack, etc to it. It's NOT safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom