• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

pixelbind

Smash Cadet
@criz you can dair camp some characters pretty well. I do it to my friend's IC all the time. It's amazing at seperating them =).

btw thanks alot for the vid ^^

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hey homies

Can anyone provide me with a great MK playing a Diddy? I understand the basics, I just can't seem to apply them. Some great video examples would be awesome.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Hey homies

Can anyone provide me with a great MK playing a Diddy? I understand the basics, I just can't seem to apply them. Some great video examples would be awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41pCe5ORCY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_GGqRvPSkY&feature=related

Sadly M2K lost the set, but you should still learn from it

He won this one though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcR8p7Ho_GI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZAkU_UYak&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoO008u7w_o&feature=related

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
i need help on FD with MK. i know its his worst stage but even when i use any other character. i still suck on this stage so does anyone have any tips on how to fight with MK on FD.

V

Smash Ace
I have a question primarily for Affinity or Dojo, but if somebody else knows the answer, I'm all ears. But I'd still like to hear from either of those two :)

Ok so my question is who is the U-Air string > Tornado kill combo off the top most effective against, at what percents can it be done, and what stages is it easiest to pull off on?

Gracias fellow Meta Knight mains

Teh_Chef

Smash Rookie
I have a question primarily for Affinity or Dojo, but if somebody else knows the answer, I'm all ears. But I'd still like to hear from either of those two :)

Ok so my question is who is the U-Air string > Tornado kill combo off the top most effective against, at what percents can it be done, and what stages is it easiest to pull off on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dojo/Affinity, but I figured I'd answer since I'm pretty sure I know.
It's generally done vs. Snake on FD, because Snake will try to go towards the top when recovering. I believe it's best on FD because there are no platforms they could maneuver towards rather than going for the top.
But then again, what do I know? I only play Snake's on the same mediocre level as myself, so I'm not entirely sure.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

It's done best on big/heavy characters on stages with a lower ceiling (Halberd, Green Greens, Frigate, etc). It can be a 0-death if done correctly.

The secret to pulling it off consistently is that you need to jump before tornado'ing up high after your U-air chain. 99% of the time, they'll be too deep in the tornado to SDI out.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
It's done best on big/heavy characters on stages with a lower ceiling (Halberd, Green Greens, Frigate, etc). It can be a 0-death if done correctly.

The secret to pulling it off consistently is that you need to jump before tornado'ing up high after your U-air chain. 99% of the time, they'll be too deep in the tornado to SDI out.
it's done on every neutral by it's creator as well. (i did not create this)
RU-FI-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nic64

Smash Lord
short hop Fair's, dtilt, ftilt, run to shield, shuttle loop if you know your opponent is going to attack since you'll break right through them with invincibility, tornado *against some characters*(everything is circumstancial but this is especially noteworthy as being very character dependent), dair's sometimes.

MK also has a great bait and punish game, get up close and avoid attacks and dash attack/dash grab can be used to punish most things as well as tornado or you could start flying around them and dive down with dair if they make a mistake

V

Smash Ace

Ah i see. I've been doing all 5 U-Airs so I can't jump before the nado. Thanks

V

Smash Ace
In case MK gets banned, who's a good character to pick up thats playstyle is similar to his?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
In case MK gets banned, who's a good character to pick up thats playstyle is similar to his?
most mk mains seem to like DDD :D.
but i can't say any other character is like mk =/... no one has his quick attacks, multiple jumps and amazing recovery.
good thing even if the SBR bans him, my region will not XDD

V

Smash Ace
I just did a tourney today with a grip of my friends. 2 out of 3, conterpicks, bans, winners and losers bracket, the whole 9. I got 2nd place to my friend who mains a mean Ness. I don't play him much so I don't know how to go about this match. Which moves outprioritize his F-air? Any moves that cancel pk fire? General strategy against him? Best counterpick stages and what stage should I ban?

Thanks

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I just did a tourney today with a grip of my friends. 2 out of 3, conterpicks, bans, winners and losers bracket, the whole 9. I got 2nd place to my friend who mains a mean Ness. I don't play him much so I don't know how to go about this match. Which moves outprioritize his F-air? Any moves that cancel pk fire? General strategy against him? Best counterpick stages and what stage should I ban?

Thanks
You can ground release chaingrab Ness and Lucas I believe.

noodles

Smash Champion
i just bait fairs. like jump out and act like your committing to an attack and just air dodge. hes vulnerable after that attack. and you can just shield pk fires

Sonic board one or the Mk board one?

Or i could link to everything I made about OS losing to one
both would be awesome

Teh_Chef

Smash Rookie
I'll have to try it. What about counterpick stages and ban stages?
I believe BF works well- better than FD and SV anyway. Unless the Ness actually manages to get gimped by the balloon on SV. :laugh:
RC, of course, is a great CP in this matchup. I don't think there are any stages that MK will actually do bad on in this matchup, so just go with your own personal preference when deciding what to ban.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm trying to down air camp Olimar but i can't do it. I'm sure there's a way to combine his fastfall, down air, and double jumps in a way that is safe from Olimar's Fair and Upsmash, but i haven't managed it yet. Are there any videos of down air camping effectively incorporated into the MK v Olimar matchup?

noodles

Smash Champion
just airdodge down and grab him or w/e when he upsmashes
yellow pikmin has a really dumb hit box

Dojo

Smash Champion
how do you approach a DK thats ledgecamping with his UP B super armor with MK?
Just dtilt at the edge, or try dair camping above him. Your moves are fast enough to get through the invinci frames before he regrabs.

I'm trying to down air camp Olimar but i can't do it. I'm sure there's a way to combine his fastfall, down air, and double jumps in a way that is safe from Olimar's Fair and Upsmash, but i haven't managed it yet. Are there any videos of down air camping effectively incorporated into the MK v Olimar matchup?
Hehe, when you're above him do a fast fall air dodge as he's upsmashing. Your goal should be to land behind him. If you do it correctly, you'll go through the up-smash, and you can do a turn-around grab before he has much time to react. You have to be fast with it or he can pivot grab you out of it. Done fast enough, you'll get it first though.

If you land in front of him, 90% of the time he'll try to up-smash or forward-smash. Just continue to hold L or R from your air dodge and you should perfect shield it. Grab immediately. Be careful because if it doesn't perfect shield and you try to grab, you can get grabbed or smashed from the ending lag. If it doesn't PS, your best choice is to just roll away.

Top Bottom