• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol Brinboy
lol Affinity
lol MK mains

well **** im sitting around in my boxers eating cookie crisp

ill take my fate over yours
Cookie Crisp is pretty good. I found the most amazing cereal a while back...CHOCOLATE LUCKY CHARMS. I came buckets the first time I ate it.

So I should invite him to the MKBR?
I still say you should invite me to the MKBR so I can troll it.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Lee is the dude that won the Gamestop tournament for the release of Brawl from what I've heard. Never met the dude before though o.O

He and Sudai also like to spread the word that butthole = good.

Sudai

Stuff here
If you guys wanna talk about Lee Martin, refer to him as "Lee (the good one)". It was started by M2K to distinguish between him and Lee Harris and it's just kinda stuck now. XD

Also, yes, butthole is good.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sorry Sudai, you're wrong on that one. I started it at Hobo 12, when Lee was signing up, he was going to go by Lee Martin. I told him to register as "Lee (The good one.)" Epic lawls then occurred. ;v

Deoxys

Smash Lord
If you guys wanna talk about Lee Martin, refer to him as "Lee (the good one)". It was started by M2K to distinguish between him and Lee Harris and it's just kinda stuck now. XD

Also, yes, butthole is good.
And yet Lee Harris is the one in the SBR. :/

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Just a question...
I'm actualy wondering if it would be useful to use the directional stick to jump in order to do the same as the claw?
Because I've tried it a bit, and, even if I'm not perfect at doing it yet, I think that it's easier and faster to do than the claw in the end, because you need to move your right hand's position if you claw, but with this method, you only have to use the c-stick and jump as you like with using the tap jump in order to jump...
Well, actually I think it's easier to do it for me than for most people, since I've always used the directional stick to jump before using mk (I've started to main him like four month ago... Before that, I mained lucas).

Then, I would like to know if someone actually thought about doing that, and if, please tell me if there is any default I didn't thought about?
(I won't only use the stick to jump, I'll also use the Y button, but if I need to space more, this seems to be quite useful).

Dojo

Smash Champion
I typically never use the Control stick to jump. Very rarely on accident, but it's Brawl so it's not like it matters.

I personally find the claw method alot easier, but it's always best to go with how you prefer. No way is typically better than the other as long as you can perfect the way you're doing it. It's always best to go with your way and get it better.

That's the beauty of competition; the outcome for each individual is always different.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I typically never use the Control stick to jump. Very rarely on accident, but it's Brawl so it's not like it matters.

I personally find the claw method alot easier, but it's always best to go with how you prefer. No way is typically better than the other as long as you can perfect the way you're doing it. It's always best to go with your way and get it better.

That's the beauty of competition; the outcome for each individual is always different.
whats the claw method?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Sorry if this has been asked before but what's the 'Mach ftilt' and how do you do it?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
iirc, you tilt your control stick like almost 45 degrees, but a little facing downward, so you do a dtilt, and then roll it up a bit so you can do mach ftilt. tahts how i do it
That doesn't explain what it is.

- Mach F-Tilt
How to Perform: Do a D-tilt. After the sword has poked out, buffer an F-tilt by holding the joystick diagonal down-forward and pressing A.
Effect: After the D-tilt, the first two hits of the F-tilt will come out near-simultaneously instead of one after the other. Press A again during the double-strike to make it a triple strike, deploying the full F-tilt combo in less than 1/10 of a second.
Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nkh6z4w3-uw&fmt=18
whats the claw method?
Bringing right index finger to Y to jump.

Well it still matters a little bit. Are you saying you always play with tap jump on and in most games ALWAYS jump EXACTLY when you want?

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
For those who wondered: I can now manage to use the directional stick to jump almost perfectly (I sh when I want to, and almost never do a normal jump instead ><), and I only still have some difficulties to chain jumps and dair, but it's manageable...
I've used it in acutal fight (I played today for 4 hours one of the best french players (top 3 I believe) who mains marth and rob, and I can now space as well as if I used the claw), so, if anybody is reticent to the claw... Well, you can do as well with the directional stick.

Edit:
Are you saying you always play with tap jump on and in most games ALWAYS jump EXACTLY when you want?

If you can't, well, maybe the problem lies in your fingers...

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Deoxis==> then, use the c-stick to hit up... This way, you can even fast fall while stringing Uair (quite useful when you are in the air, close to the opponent, and you know that he will air dodge: you continue to attack while falling with him...
And if you want to do a Utilt, don't push the stick at the maximum height.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Deoxis==> then, use the c-stick to hit up... This way, you can even fast fall while stringing Uair (quite useful when you are in the air, close to the opponent, and you know that he will air dodge: you continue to attack while falling with him...
And if you want to do a Utilt, don't push the stick at the maximum height.
Yeah, I already do both of those things. So I guess I just have to not hit up on the control stick except when I jump if I want to do this. I should start practicing and see how it goes for me.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
So I guess I just have to not hit up on the control stick except when I jump if I want to do this.

Lol, were you actually wondering why your mk was jumping while you hit up on the control stick?
Of course you have to hit up only when you want to jump... why else?
If you what do do a uair without jumping, then use the c-stick...

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Lol, were you actually wondering why your mk was jumping while you hit up on the control stick?
Of course you have to hit up only when you want to jump... why else?
If you what do do a uair without jumping, then use the c-stick...
What I meant is that I thought tap jump should require tapping, not just hitting up and holding the stick there. Silly me.:ohwell:

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
ive been looking for this how do you do a reverse up b with mk...im not sure it exist but i think i saw it..itz like when you upb on the edge and u just fly to oblivion and die and if you cancel it you go to helpless but ive seen folks reverse it so that they fall on the stage..HOW? some plz pm me the answer.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
right i just wanna ask sumin im not sure if it was just a glitch but i was just practiceing the infinate cape thing and i appeared off of the ledge and stage spiked the computer i was practiceing against i died from this as did the comp just wanna know if this was glitch, lag or watever. i was in group brawl not 1p training.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
right i just wanna ask sumin im not sure if it was just a glitch but i was just practiceing the infinate cape thing and i appeared off of the ledge and stage spiked the computer i was practiceing against i died from this as did the comp just wanna know if this was glitch, lag or watever. i was in group brawl not 1p training.
You answeres your own question. It was a stage spike. You were below the stage as well so when you went into helpless mode you died.

If you were asking about the infinite dimensional cape, yes it is a glitch.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
If you were asking about the infinite dimensional cape, yes it is a glitch.
Honestly I think that's debatable. I mean, how could extending the cape's duration if it's about to end right above the floor be accidental? I expect it's an exploit.

Top Bottom