• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Meh

Just replace most of the MKs with Marths and throw a few more Diddies, ICs, and move Chibo's and some Snake's placement up a few spots, and bam. New metagame.
Yup, which should change quite a bit, also how tourneys are ran as far as metagame goes.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not the one saying anyone that doesn't agree with what I believe is ********. I am attempting to have a reasonable discussion. Though reason kind of goes out the window when the response is "Yeah we have proof, but we can't show it to you srry, just have blind faith".
You're not having a reasonable discussion because you are demanding proof without providing any.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
in case it hasn't been answered (have only read like 10% of the thread so far, just got home)

Also, post data, charts, etc, if not also complete (If name-removed) logs of any debates you may have had.

I doubt there was actually much discussion.
We aren't allowed to quote numbers for others (under leaking rules), however we are all free to say our own stances as I have seen some have.

I voted in favor of it.

We all have reasons we can share, perhaps I can share mine later. Still trying to swim through this ocean of posts since I was at work until now.

Also, there was A LOT of discussion. Besides discussion amongst ourselves in the URC forum and the weekly URC meetings, we were also provided a log of discussions about Meta Knight from the BBR, and took many charts and data into consideration. All of the data the public has in various threads, we did not create them and keep em to ourselves or anything lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
In his case, yes. Since he has a wonderful Sheik for those nasty 'ol DDDs. The essence of the new metagame right there: wise character choices and thinking ahead. :)
yeah I know right LoL or you could of made profit from MK being legal these past couple of years *shrugs* Anyways I'm glad MK is banned . Hopefully we'll get some CP's back and the rules will change.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
HAHAHAHHAHA

wow. I am OFFICALLY ashemed of this community.
Attention Europe: You don't possess the same kind of issues in your scene as the states possessed in ours. Why are you complaining when this does not directly affect you?

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm interested to see the next Tier List. Alot of people (i.e. Wolf) moved due to MK. Will that fuzzy move down again??

zmx

Smash Lord
No. That's why I stay informed on current events so I am not voting on politics I don't understand. You have no reason to think that DeLux (who would have information on the topic) would lie in this case. There are too many people who have access to that information who would call him out on it.

It also lines up with current top level public opinion which is something you don't seem to have any idea on. Can you please find the posts by your top 8 that back your statement that they do not want MK banned? Can you list these top 8 so that I can verify that they are indeed the cream of the crop?
Ally doesn't seem to care either way. And a good chunck of the top 8 main or only use MK so they obviously wouldn't want him banned (though I admit that really shouldn't count but w/e). Let's see Atomsk as well?

And don't forget about top Japanese and Euro players that deal with MK fairly well. They certainly aren't about to ban him. It's a shame we have so little data on Japan. It makes us arrogant assuming the top players are all NA.

Honestly, the only top player that's even vocal about it is ADHD and it's not surprising when you look at his matches. He has a few good points in his arguments but it's mostly just "MK always wins .". Apex is enough to prove this is absurd.

Also can you justify hiding data that should be available to everyone? Can you give even one good reason for doing so? If not then you are forced to conclude the reason for doing so can't be innocent. And don't expect any rationale reason to believe a word you say if you can't give evidence. I'm not saying he is lying. I'm saying there is no logical reason to believe him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Finally current in this thread.

LOTS of uneducated comments from both sides.

Lots of educated people not willing to defend or support their points on both sides. I do not have a problem with any BRC representative's explanation for their vote as they back it and support it when challenged. The only one who I have seen make a reasonable case for MK legal is Strife and even then it's a case I disagree with and would continue to talk with him about.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Ally doesn't seem to care either way. And a good chunck of the top 8 main or only use MK so they obviously wouldn't want him banned (though I admit that really shouldn't count but w/e). Let's see Atomsk as well?

And don't forget about top Japanese players that deal with MK fairly well. They certainly aren't about to ban him. It's a shame we have so little data on Japan. It makes us arrogant assuming the top players are all NA.

Honestly, the only top player that's even vocal about it is ADHD and it's not surprising when you look at his matches. He has a few good points in his arguments but it's mostly just "MK always wins .". Apex is enough to prove this is absurd.
Hey while you're busy making bad call outs to people about how they tell you to take their word for it but have no proof, I'm still waiting on that explanation on why PS2 is broken and comparable to Hyrule being broken. Or am I supposed to take your word for it? ;D

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

And don't forget about top Japanese players that deal with MK fairly well. They certainly aren't about to ban him. It's a shame we have so little data on Japan. It makes us arrogant assuming the top players are all NA.

List your top eight or go away. That's the first step to supporting your argument.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Well, I think this thread calmed down a bit. All the REALLY crazy posters either
quit for good or got banned. Too bad. Maybe now Strife and some others can make
some logical and legitimate arguments.

And a shame the japanese players don't have a solid connection to these forums.
I would have liked to know their opinions.

V

Smash Ace
I would LOVE to see M2K play Marth. That **** would be so ****ing precise.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wgo got banned while posting in here?

Starwave

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely pleased to see MK finally get banned. This should help out Pit and another dozen or so character metagame tremendously

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Meh

Just replace most of the MKs with Marths and throw a few more Diddies, ICs, and move Chibo's and some Snake's placement up a few spots, and bam. New metagame.
haha I mained Kirby and Jigglypuff before I quit this game. I think this is going to make Kirby worse now, but Jiggz might be slightly better because she actually does decent against diddy and IC (But not marth.... )Still her problem is just her moveset and frame data, lack of reliable kill moves. MK ban won't change those problems.

tl;dr:

hype for new tier list and new metagame! I might come back with Puff, I wrote her guide for brawl might as well lol just my job is full time now and very demanding D:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
ITT:
The world laughs at the US.
So what? Let them.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, we all wouldn't be able to gather and compete on a regular basis anyway because it simply isn't logistically feasible. If they want to keep MK in their respective metagames, that's on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom