• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leffen

Smash Champion
Anyone using the argument that "the same people will win" is INCREDIBLY ********.

Even if it were true (which it is NOT) then why dont we do 99 stocks matches? The very same people would win...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
in that case, they most certainly were because look what just happened now. :awesome:

and that is one horrible elitist statement you just said. Who makes up dat fight money? Who goes to tournies? We do. This community was undeniably damaged and was split after that poll was overridden. And the so called "pros" were people using him, ofc it got overrided back then. Ridiculous. There are many, MANY knowledgeable, creditable people here w/o some fancy purple title or what not. Lol. Have no clue what your statement is implying.
o0o0o great post man.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it seems Snake seems to be a viable choice, either that or played like M2K might just drop out of it, does Ally use him? I'm not sure.

:phone:
I've been out of the loop for a bit, but I think Ally has a Snake.

Slightly off-topic, but I for one am enjoying reading the posts from the Chicken Littles in the thread talking about everything is going to be banned eventually.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
in that case, they most certainly were because look what just happened now. :awesome:

and that is one horrible elitist statement you just said. Who makes up dat fight money? Who goes to tournies? We do. This community was undeniably damaged and was split after that poll was overridden. And the so called "pros" were people using him, ofc it got overrided back then. Ridiculous. There are many, MANY knowledgeable, creditable people here w/o some fancy purple title or what not. Lol. Have no clue what your statement is implying.
At that time with the MK ban polls there were a crapload of people who had never attended a tournament in their life and based their ideas on random wifi matches.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So you can't give us any evidence but demand we take your word for it.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Oh, okay. So you think that out of everyone who can see the results of the poll is in on a conspiracy to keep the true top player data from you?

Do you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was planned?

zmx

Smash Lord
Anyone using the argument that "the same people will win" is INCREDIBLY ********.

Even if it were true (which it is NOT) then why dont we do 99 stocks matches? The very same people would win...
Insulting the person but unable to refute the statement proves you have already lost. It's actually called ad hominem. Look up logical fallacies before you rage post again.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
"It is not broken at all"

I guess I'm wasting my time if you really believe this. You are beyond reason.
Oh no, go on, let me know your reason for how PS2 is "broken". Even the people who think it's a stupid don't think it's broken.

-Ran

Smash Master
At that time with the MK ban polls there were a crapload of people who had never attended a tournament in their life and based their ideas on random wifi matches.
In previous polls, there were a considerable amounts of accounts that were made just to vote that then went immediately inactive after the vote. We had precautions against this in our vote.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Can we see who voted in the community poll?

And better yet, can we see the 100 people in rajam's chart and their position in the poll?
Why would it be necessary, isn't the decision final, done and over with? Or what is it that I'm missing?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
My point exactly. Mark my words. Diddy or Falco will be next. Especially since players now know it's a reality that they can get characters banned.
No point in marking them. If MK ban made Diddy broken, the ABSOLUTE WORSE thing that would happen is he could POSSIBLY get banned and so many things could happen before a ban is even considered. Falco isn't even close to next. Snake will always have matchups and CPs that effect him in a negative way.

leffen

Smash Champion
If I have already lost the argument than I guess MK isnt banned? Oh wait.

I think you have some logical fallacies on your end ;))

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so what? They still knew the character was broke. It was pretty painfully obvious, which is why this is so bittersweet. It took too long to happen, yet I'm glad we won't be seeing this anymore

I'm happy for all the characters who were essentially invalidated by this character like DDD and Rob. Good luck to you guys who mained them, and again good luck to the MK mains who need to learn a new character if they stay with this game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Posts like this really make me cringe.
I agree with you, which is a first in this thread.

M2K would have been the best player in the USA with any top/high tier character. He just found by himself what looked to be like his best option, developed everything and worked hard to get to where he got.
I disagree. If that's the case, why isn't he the best in Melee and 64? I think you're insulting top level players here.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
In previous polls, there were a considerable amounts of accounts that were made just to vote that then went immediately inactive after the vote. We had precautions against this in our vote.
Glad to hear smashboards are doing a good job on that.

You still can't avoid "brain-dead masses" though.

Guess what btw? I was one of them. I voted pro-ban the very first MK ban poll. Why? Because I was a part of the brain dead masses who never attended a tourney.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I have to concur, the same players that were good with Meta-Knight aren't gonna be as good as they probably were with Meta-Knight, sure there are some exceptions, but that isn't always the case to point out.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Guess what btw? I was one of them. I voted pro-ban the very first MK ban poll. Why? Because I was a part of the brain dead masses who never attended a tourney.
I could easily say I could give 2 ****s if you've attend a tourney that wasn't in the US. GTFO with your nonsense.

@Juri those tourney results gotta love em.

zmx

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. So you think that out of everyone who can see the results of the poll is in on a conspiracy to keep the true top player data from you?

Do you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was planned?
If you can't provide evidence, then it is just your word. And no, just your word isn't good enough to any rationale person. Especially since it's the minority dictating what the majority should believe.

And please don't tell me you believe everything your goverment tells you (or doesn't tell you).

-Ran

Smash Master

Our community has shrank considerably since the first poll was done. That poll had over three thousand votes, while ours had less than a thousand. I'd like to hope that the average intelligence of posters has increased, but then I see certain users proving me wrong. D: The vote wasn't the only part of the equation, we had other substantial resources.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
If you can't provide evidence, then it is just your word. And no, just your word isn't good enough to any rationale person. Especially since it's the minority dictating what the majority should believe.

And please don't tell me you believe everything your goverment tells you (or doesn't tell you).

zmx

Smash Lord
If I have already lost the argument than I guess MK isnt banned? Oh wait.

I think you have some logical fallacies on your end ;))
I'm not the one saying anyone that doesn't agree with what I believe is ********. I am attempting to have a reasonable discussion. Though reason kind of goes out the window when the response is "Yeah we have proof, but we can't show it to you srry, just have blind faith".

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Meh

Just replace most of the MKs with Marths and throw a few more Diddies, ICs, and move Chibo's and some Snake's placement up a few spots, and bam. New metagame.
sounds good to me

Savon

Smash Ace
So one of the arguments I have heard on the anti-ban side had to do with Diddy being just as bad as MK because of banana infinites. Apparently Japanese Diddys are amazing.

Mk was out of hand and I am quite excited to see the new meta-game develop.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

No. That's why I stay informed on current events so I am not voting on politics I don't understand. You have no reason to think that DeLux (who would have information on the topic) would lie in this case. There are too many people who have access to that information who would call him out on it.

It also lines up with current top level public opinion which is something you don't seem to have any idea on. Can you please find the posts by your top 8 that back your statement that they do not want MK banned? Can you list these top 8 so that I can verify that they are indeed the cream of the crop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom