• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Brawl is more balanced.

Come at me bro. This is an '06er talking.
Well to think of it. imo, Melee is just a more better metagame developer than Brawl is as of now. This means characters such as Jigglypuff can actually become viable and it changes throughout time, giving characters their chance. I mean look at Armada having to play Young Link to counter Jigglypuff and Taj actually being able to get into the winners finals with Mewtwo.

All of the characters can do some cool combos and stuff. Some of the Brawl low tiers can't combo (For the most part).

Irwyn (Johnatan)

Smash Rookie
I never liked tripping. So if this was taken out, it would be much better.
True story. But that's all because Sakurai is so annoying. In the Melee instruction booklet it says "Customize! There Are Many Ways to Play!", and I think our way is the competitive game. I'm kinda anxious for knowing if he'll screw the next Super Smash Bros. game because of his "hate" for tournaments.

So, as for MK's ban, I totally approve the idea. I know I'm not the best Brawler out there, but we all know how broken he actually is. Of course it's not impossible to win a match agaisnt him, but it's totally stressful. He's fast, has the best recoveries, kills early, has great follow-ups... everything someone would need. I know that mostly we would say "fear not the weapon, but the hand thats wields it...", but we're talking about the best weapon, in the hands of the best players... it's quite unfair. That's what I think.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Irwyn, your words are full of truth, MK have no weakness, his worst match is even and is stupidly powerfull.

i cant see Brawl like a competitive game, but at least, the things gonna change positivetyl for the rest of the cast

and for those Mk mains out there, is time to work hard for be good.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Irwyn, your words are full of truth, MK have no weakness, his worst match is even and is stupidly powerfull.

i cant see Brawl like a competitive game, but at least, the things gonna change positivetyl for the rest of the cast

and for those Mk mains out there, is time to work hard for be good.
If you can't see Brawl as a competitive game, what are you doing here? Get out.

Metaknight has no weaknesses? How about the fact that when you hit him he incurs % damage and dies when hit him too hard.

What am I reading?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
This is a pretty hard one to decide, but I'm gonna have to go with Melee for most balanced. I mean characters that weren't so good before actually get to become completely viable characters (Puff, Falcon, Young Link). Also there aren't so many completely unbalanced matchups like Pika vs. Fox, Falco, Wolf, Falcon, Ganon, D3 vs. DK, Bowser, Ganon, Mario, PT, Marth vs. Ness and Lucas, DK vs. Ness and Lucas, Oli vs. Zelda and Ganon, etc.
melee shiek vs anybody below mario in the tier list is pretty much just as bad as all of those matches.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Because you totally wanted to ask a stupid question.

"If I accidentally let go of some paper and it flies out of my window is it still littering or not?"

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The low and bottom tier for Brawl are not just proportionately smaller, but they are also just better characters. Lucas is much more viable than anyone in Melee DK and below or so (please don't start talking about how great DK is, I don't care).
I'm just going to say, when's the last time a mid/low tier was used seriously in a Bo5 set at a national/international in Brawl?

Young Link too good.

da K.I.D. said:
melee shiek vs anybody below mario in the tier list is pretty much just as bad as all of those matches.
Learn to PAL :troll:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think my world just stop.... Did anyone else see this?
I was waiting for you to finally say something about it.

Now I can soundly laugh about it. I remember when there was a Lucas Perfected and a Lucas Infected (this one being the troll account).

LOL

Oh and to go on what BPC is saying, have people forgotten TKD, Zeton, and the such already?

NNID
MasterHavik
I was waiting for you to finally say something about it.

Now I can soundly laugh about it. I remember when there was a Lucas Perfected and a Lucas Infected (this one being the troll account).

LOL

Oh and to go on what BPC is saying, have people forgotten TKD, Zeton, and the such already?
Everyone makes fun of my name. It's cool. I'll give you props. That was pretty good.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Learn to PAL :troll:
...I thought NA melee was used in all NA tournies....not PAL....>.>...
I think my world just stop.... Did anyone else see this?
Heh, just realized that as you posted....

its clearly a troll account directed at you specifically.
Clearly. (BTW Love the image kid...is that sora + mew...? O.o)

Ussi - Best. Image. Ever
-------------------
On topic - I agree with everyone else posting. Before we start RANTING AND RAVING, Let's give it a shot. 'Enjoy' or 'despise' the time we have left for MK viable tournies, then come Jan 2012, we give non MK brawl a chance....

Thino

Smash Master
If you can't even compare two games from the same series, there's almost nothing you can compare.
certainly not in a "Metaknight Ban" thread

Let's do this in a "Melee vs. Brawl" thread because it's pretty clear that Melee has no Metaknight.

Llumys

Smash Champion
It's a shame the ban's not going to be mandatory until after December '11; we're not gonna be able to see an entire year of a Meta Knight-less meta-game evolve.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's a shame the ban's not going to be mandatory until after December '11; we're not gonna be able to see an entire year of a Meta Knight-less meta-game evolve.
...wat.

Unless everybody magically stops playing Brawl after the ban, you most certainly will.

This is one of the greatest posts in this thread.
Come back into that "What it takes to be banned?" thread and debate with us again, Mantis. We'll be glad to set the record straight. Again. :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't understand what you just said.

Smooth Criminal
Did you think to measure a year's time from the date he was banned...? I mean, there's your whole year without MK right there. Doesn't have to be so literal.

Also, you're doing it wrong. Sheesh.

Oh, whoops. Now I get it. I have crappy reading comprehension this time of night. Well, gee gosh golly darn. Them's the breaks, tho'.

You could host your own MK banned tourneys starting now if you really wanted to. John Numbers'll prolly appreciate the data (and your enthusiasm).

Sorry bout that.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom