• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
way more than the combined pot...
Theirs no reason to increase entry fee

Also swine flu is currently no more dangerous than regular flu
Haha, yeah I'm with devil on this. After Doing some quick maths based on the attendance of last Month and the rough amount that was stated for hiring the venue, the pot could be increased without taking a lot of money from Jei and X or having to increase the Entry Fee.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If people make the effort to bring a tv or wii, why shouldn't they get free entry? It makes things run faster cos more games can be played at once. You want free entry, put in the extra effort to bring a tv/wii.

I can't help but notice the people who dont want free entry for those taking stuff to stigma dont bring anything themselves =/

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i bring a tv and a wii cause i want more opportunities to smash. not because i want free entry. its for the love of the game :)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
i bring a tv and a wii cause i want more opportunities to smash. not because i want free entry. its for the love of the game :)
Dont get me wrong, i do it cos i love the game too lol its not like i do it just to try to get free entry. im just annoyed at people who dont appreciate that we do it

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Everyone that brings T.V./Wii's to Stigma are AWESOME!
[/appreciation]
I really do appreciate you guys, but posting just say "Your awesome" is probably spam, no matter how true, and going up to people at the tourney and saying "Your awesome 'cause you bought a wii/T.V." is kind of ... odd.

I support people that bring stuff getting free entry, also I support the view that the entry fee/pot should increases as well. A simple $10 to actually get inside the building fee could work, if someone wants to stand by the door all day, or Jei could just set up there. The money could cover both singles and doubles, which would encourage the people that only come for singles to join in doubles and vice versa (does anyone actually do this?). However this may increase the number of MK's/Snake/G&W's (so many G&W's already!) because there may be more of the whole "Play to Win" mindset than the "Play for Fun, but try to win" mindset. So we need to make sure we don't over do it with the pot (is 40:20:10 alright?).

Edit because I forgot to add this bit:
Also, are we going to get another neutral for stage striking (or quite possibly 3/5). The SBR say Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat, and PS1 can be made neutral, I'm happy to consider all of those neutrals if we stage strike, although I'd prefer to not have Castle Siege and Delfino, those stages are kind of crappy.

Attila_

BRoomer
walkoffs = not neutral imo

lylat = neutral imo

40:20:10 does not = 100

qld do 80:20 btw

just some things to consider

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Edit because I forgot to add this bit:
Also, are we going to get another neutral for stage striking (or quite possibly 3/5). The SBR say Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat, and PS1 can be made neutral, I'm happy to consider all of those neutrals if we stage strike, although I'd prefer to not have Castle Siege and Delfino, those stages are kind of crappy.
Im pretty sure the way you stage strike with 4 neutrals is go to random menu and turn off 1 striked stage per person so when you 'random' it will pick 1 of the 2 stages that werent striked. so we dont need another neutral.
imo the 4 neutrals are fine.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Neutrals are fine, PS1/Castle siege/Delfino are not neutral. Halberd is iffy and so is lylat (but both are neutral IMO).
Also bringing a TV and/or a Wii should, at the very least, give you a discount and in all honesty should make free entry. Even with prices jacked up.

Also my msn is wilbert_wolf@hotmail.com add me condog :).
Edit:
The pot sounds good indeed,
Did anyone else lol at this? Lol

Afropony

Smash Lord
If you want to have a pot then it should be 60/30/10, that's what most tournies do and that's the best IMO. PS1, Castle Siege and Delfino are definately not neutrals, out of Lylat and Halberd I would say Lylat is more neutral. Halberd has the big blowing up bomb, the laser and the annoying thing that randomnly attacks you. However the only thing that really has a chance of hitting you is the weird hand. Lylat has a tilting stage but that doesn't really affect the match.

I don't know why you want a discount for bringing a TV or a Wii, it's not as though you can't pay $5 and if everyone started to bring Wii's and TV's then it would ruin everything.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
60/30/10
people who bring tvs and wiis get in for free, or at the very least a discount

imo.

Splice

Smash Hero
If we want another neutral it should be Lylat. Much more neutral than the other options.
Halberd has a go-through stage, then a massive stage with cannons and stuff.
Lylat has tilted sides. Thats about it.

60/30/10 is good.

Tv/Wii people getting in for free, while they do deserve it, if we wanna do this pot thing properly everyone is probably going to have to pay. I'd like it if you guys didn't have to pay though.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
an increased pot could make players more competitive,
but I like how the aussie smash scene is so relaxed :(
QFT, tbh I thought the scene would be ultra competitive. And now one of the factors I love about it is the social atmosphere, but you've gotta do whats right for the community I guess.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I haven't told many people how competition destroyed the SoCal Smash Community have I?

ahhh ~ too many little grasshoppers around here :)

Vermy

Smash Champion
I love the way melbourne smash scene is. There's healthy rivalrys, tightly knit friendships and no-one is a real d*ck.

As for the pot, don't care.
As for the discount/free entry if you bring appliances, maybe. If we're having a pot AND discounting, that makes the pot substantially smaller. Say there's 12 tvs and wii's. That's $60.

One or the other imo. Don't care which. So long as I have a controller in my hand and get to beat up people with it I'm happy. Also playing brawl with the same controller is good too.

And who else here has Shoddybattle? Pm me your username on there and we shall battol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i do

uhh i haventr playe din ages but im happy to school ya <3

TELL US THE STORY CAO

Attila_

BRoomer
halberd is definately not neutral, cause mk/pit/d3 can fly through the stage and pwn with uairs

for me the pot is not about money, i just want people to try harder, so i can improve my game. money just seems to be the way america does it, and their smash scene kicks aus' ***.

Splice

Smash Hero
Smasher + Money = Smasher with money.
Not a Pro Smasher. Although pro smashers can still have money, of course.

And yeah, you're right Attila ; Halberd isn't neutral coz of all the cannons and go through stage, like i said before.

Relaxed atmosphere is good.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Yeah I think the reason America is so much better is because there are more of them and therefore more players, more competition and better practice and through all that better players.
Also story time Cao?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The story is well suited to a nice drink sesh, a dinner, or a 1 hour car drive in Accelerate's go-go-mobile.

FYI, America is also filled with large sweathes of crap talent. The only places that truly stand out is California, the NorthEast area and the south (TX/LA).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
at the monthly, we'll all sit on the floor cross legged while you sit on a chair in front of us and read from the book of smash

Dekar289

Smash Hero
make sure to bring pillows and pyjamas for the bed time story at the monthly lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nuetrals will stay as they are, I agree with letting people who bring TVs get free admission...for Singles? Not much I can do for those like Vermy and Sam who bring more than 1 TV, just a great big thankyou.

Pot will go 60/30/10 because that makes the most sense but Alfa made an enormous point about people changing their mains because they would like to give themselves more of a chance at winning, I truly hope you guys don't fall into that :(

Sorry I haven't been posting much =\

- Jezza stole my Yoshi avatar/display pic :p

Yoshi dittos

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if playing to win makes the game not-fun, why play it imo
perhaps the amazing people <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Nuetrals will stay as they are, I agree with letting people who bring TVs get free admission...for Singles? Not much I can do for those like Vermy and Sam who bring more than 1 TV, just a great big thankyou.

Pot will go 60/30/10 because that makes the most sense but Alfa made an enormous point about people changing their mains because they would like to give themselves more of a chance at winning, I truly hope you guys don't fall into that :(

Sorry I haven't been posting much =\

- Jezza stole my Yoshi avatar/display pic :p

Yoshi dittos
You have to give sam and ugs money =D

lol dont be silly jei. of course people are gonna change mains. but not everyone, and i dont think it will really make a difference if they arent winning already, unless its someone who already places highly =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom