• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll:

A) Beat everyone with Bowser (Bowser suicide KO = insta-win for me)
B) Make sure the SBR keeps Wolf/Peach ****
C) Make my own tier list :p

Vermy

Smash Champion
Is there going to be Melty Blood at this monthly? I hope so. I've gotten so much better.

And Attila, I believe you do shoddy, yes? Myself and Ugly and I belive also Condog have gotten addicted. I should make a thread mayhaps...

And a'...
You really should be on msn moar. =D then you won't miss all the meets at my house. Or Tibz could add me. That might help.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Is there going to be Melty Blood at this monthly? I hope so. I've gotten so much better.

And Attila, I believe you do shoddy, yes? Myself and Ugly and I belive also Condog have gotten addicted. I should make a thread mayhaps...

And a'...
You really should be on msn moar. =D then you won't miss all the meets at my house. Or Tibz could add me. That might help.
Melty: **** yes. but tak cant ban chaos, im actually good with him now beyond manic button mashing!!! =D

Shoddy: **** yes. made my first competitive team last night and ***** vermy LOL XDXDXD

MSN: you guys have msn? add me *****es =D

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Melty: **** yes. but tak cant ban chaos, im actually good with him now beyond manic button mashing!!! =D

Shoddy: **** yes. made my first competitive team last night and ***** vermy LOL XDXDXD

Condog, Whats your MSN?

By the way Jei. I won't be there for doubles but I should be there for singles and I'll be bringing a TV and Wii.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i havent played shoddy in a while, cause im too busy making my doubles team for the upcoming tourny. i could go on and own you guys sometime though. hit me up next time youre playing.

dont use msn. tibs does sometimes though, dunno what his email is...

Afropony

Smash Lord
Do any of you guys play LC?
I have a friend called Tallentire who is apparently pretty good, he said that all the people on Smashboards aren't very good. One of you should prove him wrong.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Do any of you guys play LC?
I have a friend called Tallentire who is apparently pretty good, he said that all the people on Smashboards aren't very good. One of you should prove him wrong.
You mean he should prove smashboards wrong lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
connor and vermy (and anyone else) yeah add me thetibster_777@hotmail.com, organise some shiz, and lol i play shoddy as well, well i did until it stopped working........but i was full into it =)

tibs7

Smash Champion
depends on how many people rock up, pools will be used if there are copious amounts of smashers, but double elim for tournies with the normal amount.

Afropony

Smash Lord
The tournament is double elimination which means that if you lose two sets then you are knocked out of the tournament.
Sometimes they do pools which is made for seeding the tournament, if you lose in these matches you don't get knocked out. Most of the rules are on the first post of this thread and this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

EDIT: four minutes slow :( I gotta stop doing more then one thing at once.

Oceanx

Smash Rookie
Wow good timeing for me, iv been off the scene for abit. Hopein to come along this saturday should be some good fun.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hi peoples,

After i got back from queensland, ive come down with the plauge x_x. (swine flu) So i wont be attending this tourney... I dont want to infect everyone else with this horrible virus =x

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hi peoples,

After i got back from queensland, ive come down with the plauge x_x. (swine flu) So i wont be attending this tourney... I dont want to infect everyone else with this horrible virus =x
awww =(

mm yeah if you are really sick, dont come it will just make it worse =S besides i dont wanna get infected arghgahga nooooo =P

**** weve been planning this team for ages >_< we'll have to team next stigma if your up for it =D

anways get better soon :3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Hi peoples,

why dont you just get like a live feed setup and a REALLY REALLY long controller cable and play from home

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Haha, I most likely have the same thing (thanks a lot Leish >.> lol), so consider me unable to come down to Melbourne again like I had plans for. =(

Vermy

Smash Champion
Meteor has swine flu....
Leisha has swine flu....
I smell treachery afoot.

Meteor is Ness...
Leisha is Lucas...
Both are boys...
Both have swine flu...

Omg. Lucas and Ness make out with pigs. Most shocking revelation ever.

Don't mind me. I'm at work and I'm bored outta my skull. I also wanted a post long enough to show off my new sig. =D
ASSAULT REPRESENT!
(Australian Smash Soldiers: Army of Ultimate Low Tiers)

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice

Kicking Vermy's *** on Shoddy is not an accomplishment. So far his best result is killing three of mine.

Attila_

BRoomer
im melbourne we consider low tier to be everything that is below halfway (from peach or wolf down). theyre low tier for now, but things could change come june 5th...

Vermy

Smash Champion
In general, the top half of the tier list is tourney viable, while the bottom half isn't.

In our crew, we stand for belief that those considered the "worst" half can fight at the same level as top contenders with enough dedication. And we're counting from the january 09 list. If the new list brings one of our teams mains up to the upper half, it just means we proved our point. If you disagree, good luck to you. Our crew, our rules.

And as for Shoddy...
Godd&mn stealth rock>whirlwind spam sucks.
Condog, you hardly "*****" me lol. Was a close match.

And Ugly's Gyarados is a force to be reckoned with.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you said it Vermii. Fox and Shiek are good, but can easily be counterpicked by a few Top Tiers at least, but the point stands we stick to them no matter what. When we lose a set with our main, we will try again in the next match. Till the end our Army fights for it's place, adapt and overcome.

Over and out.

Attila_

BRoomer
i was thinking today, as i do often, and came to the realisation that australia sucks at smash when compared to america. and then i continued to wonder and came up with a few reasons why. america have had smash a few months extra than us (and i know how much ive improved even since the last stigma) but i think the real reason is that america is a lot more competitive, because theres a lot more at stake. that being said, i propose that we add $2.50 onto the entry fee, and this money goes into a pot to be split between the top 3 (probs 60:30:10). its really nothing, but i think if we have a prize, people will start showing their competitive sides a bit more, and we, as a smashing community can improve.

this is just an idea i had just then, but what do people think?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking today, as i do often, and came to the realisation that australia sucks at smash when compared to america. and then i continued to wonder and came up with a few reasons why. america have had smash a few months extra than us (and i know how much ive improved even since the last stigma) but i think the real reason is that america is a lot more competitive, because theres a lot more at stake. that being said, i propose that we add $2.50 onto the entry fee, and this money goes into a pot to be split between the top 3 (probs 60:30:10). its really nothing, but i think if we have a prize, people will start showing their competitive sides a bit more, and we, as a smashing community can improve.

I'm competitive as it is, what with coming from Bendigo and all (Only chance for competitive smash - Edge and DS are no challenge, lol); I just get too tired. =_=

Still, I agree with this - So long as those who bring TV's/Wii's don't have to pay =)

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Er, I'm not entirely sure how Leisha got it, but she's the one who gave whatever it is to me.

I'm a zombie right now. =/
I very much doubt you two have swine flu. If it was swine flu, you'd be in a lot more trouble than feeling like crap. As in, hospitalization from possible death-type bad. You probably have the regular flu, which will still be fairly crap. Don't go bringing that down here.

But not swine flu, is what I'm getting at.

Attila_

BRoomer
swine flu isnt that bad atm, the concern is that it could mutate into something bad in the near future. catching it right now is probably a good idea, cause then your body will be ready for it when it becomes uber.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace

Im agreeing with Attila, ive realized since coming from Darwin that considering there are alot more people here then there, its not really as competitive as i thought it would be. this may be because they are comfortable with how good they are or they give up trying to place in the top 3, or maybe that they dont think its worth the effort.

Also we need more regular social meets for practice. its hard for me to find people to practice with, and so i play CPUs, but this is bad, so ive stopped and jus dont practice unless their real people haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom