• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@nicks: mk has an advantage on everyone. that is not an opinion, its a fact.

@nix: i used to use zss a fair bit, until i realised i didnt really like her proper playstyle. she has to space constantly, never really fighting at close range (where i enjoy fighting) or camping from afar. if she had a jab that could hit 3 times (the 3rd can almost always be blocked/counter jabbed/thrown by 90% of characters), then i think id use her a lot more. and her grab is horribly slow, and cant punish a lot of attacks out of shield. if youre into that style, enjoy yourself :p

nicks and nix? thats unnecessarily confusing...

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight only next tourny!

Metaknight is so eww. There's no bragging rights if you win with him. It's metaknight, so the opponent expected to lose.

DON'T go to the dark side.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Yeah all you guys going MK, is just :(. Lol nah if you enjoy him go him, I CP MK with Sonic tho ask Nicks about it :p.
And Attila I've started using snake too, you need to show me how to be uber pro one day with him.
Dekar G&W's bair is like soooo lame clearly its not cheap enough XD.
Edit: Tan your sonic is actually good tho wth man, sandbag less. ;)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I don't think Tanman is serious guys... The Fox boards did a similar thing on April fools, haha.

And Ugly going pikachu means two people will be able to own me now. Edge's Shiek and Uglys Chu... I definetly need to decide on a second and train them up good.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I jokes guys. No MK for me. I think I'm one of the few people who can fail at Metaknight. Then again, I don't spam 'nado...

No, I jest Again, i'm not BAD with MK, but certainly not pro. Still, I can play the majority of the cast at that level, if not all =P

Vermy

Smash Champion
I will start a crew. Or an alliance, if you will.
We shall be called the Low Tier League.
I've beaten the likes of which have been labelled my worst match ups. And f Reflex can defeat M2K's Metaknight with PT, then that proves dedication will get you to the top.

No offense Attila, but screw Snake. My heart lies with PT. There is no dishonor in losing to MK. There is great honor defeating one with PT.

100% PT. I am Vermysaur. Hear me rawr.

Who's with me?
Tanman? Earl? Edgegames? Tak? Drixon? X?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Uh, I don't think Tanman is serious guys... The Fox boards did a similar thing on April fools, haha.

And Ugly going pikachu means two people will be able to own me now. Edge's Shiek and Uglys Chu... I definetly need to decide on a second and train them up good.
Pikachu covers all of Fox's bad matchups, or snake, or marth

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten the likes of which have been labelled my worst match ups. And f Reflex can defeat M2K's Metaknight with PT, then that proves dedication will get you to the top.

Who's with me?
Man, I can't, I'm so sorry dude. It's nothing personal but...

My Sonic is High Tier. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but that just ruins my hopes of joining.

...In all seriousness, though, it's tempting, very much so. I'll mull it over. Do we get nifty T-shirts and banners and badges and and and... GROUPIES?! If so, I'm in.

Actually, let's make it interesting. Vermii, beat my Sonic in Friendlies/me in Melty next time and I'll join. Or I might join of my own accord, we'll see, I'm thinking.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Shirts? Yeah, but I'm not made o' money so dollars will help. But ill make sure they look b*tchin'. =p

Badges? Interesting you'd say that, as I'm lookin into getting a button badge machine.

Banners? Whut kind? Foar interwebz or birfdae parties? Lawl.

Groupies....hmmm. We could pay some hookers. I know a guy, lemme make some calls.

And I accept that challenge. =) I'm not sure how ill go vs your Sonic, but in Melty Blood I think I can take you ;)

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Shirts? Yeah, but I'm not made o' money so dollars will help. But ill make sure they look b*tchin'. =p

Badges? Interesting you'd say that, as I'm lookin into getting a button badge machine.

Banners? Whut kind? Foar interwebz or birfdae parties? Lawl.

Groupies....hmmm. We could pay some hookers. I know a guy, lemme make some calls.

And I accept that challenge. =) I'm not sure how ill go vs your Sonic, but in Melty Blood I think I can take you ;)
Interwebz of course. But my birthday comes up in October... And I'm pro at Melty now. Or at least halways decent. Same with my artz skillz, so I'll see if I can whip up some nice pictures sometime for a Badge if you get a badge machine...

But, there's no point in beating me if no one else joins. =P

EDIT: Team member discount at 75% off?

Siyro

Smash Journeyman

No offense Attila, but screw Snake. My heart lies with PT. There is no dishonor in losing to MK. There is great honor defeating one with PT.

Who's with me?
I'm with ya Vermy, cause of your awesome Ivy you won't have to try and beat me : P. And if you play Akiha like I do, you should be ably to pull a win off Tanman in Melty, haha

@Tak: Thanks for the info, but i've decided I'm gunna go with Samus or Link, Should be interesting...

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Drix:
Haha thx. I've been working on some new combos with all 3, so ivys not the only one you have to worry about. ;-)
Although I do <3 sweetspot vinewhip.
If you've ever seen squirtles "uptilt headbutt of imminent ****, Fox should be afraid. Ask Jei. Lol. Got 84%, inescapable.

ATTENTION ALL:
If your MAIN, not your secondary, your main is seen below, I invite you to the Low Tier League:

Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

If not, too bad.

Sieg

Smash Champion
"More Details, Heard it on Radio again this morning. Its on May 17th in Bendigo at a place called The Zone. You can register by calling 1300 THE ZONE and the major prize is a nintendo DSi"

Heard about this before, you guys might wanna check it out, if it's advertised on the radio you might meet some new peeps.

I dunno whats the deal though, I just heard about it on mywii.

Attila_

BRoomer
@vermii: my main isnt there, but he certainly better than a lot of other people's mains that are (i didnt lose a match let alone a set last tourny)... does that mean im in?

oh, and about my t-shirt... if you need money to get it started email or msg me your bank details and ill send you the amount you desire. i would like to have this before lansmash, if possible, so i can really represent melbourne when i win over there :p

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
"More Details, Heard it on Radio again this morning. Its on May 17th in Bendigo at a place called The Zone. You can register by calling 1300 THE ZONE and the major prize is a nintendo DSi"

Heard about this before, you guys might wanna check it out, if it's advertised on the radio you might meet some new peeps.

I dunno whats the deal though, I just heard about it on mywii.
Holy ****, they finally set a date have they? they have been advertising this since last december but never actually had a date till recently.

EDIT: Made a new thread for that tourney http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233197

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice

Who's with me?
I'm in! =D
I feel like trying to be a low tier master, someone who owns high tier with lowbies. So far I have sheik and a little bit of Ike. Currently I am trying to learn Zelda for epic mind games mid battle.

lol @ vermy leading the low tier revolution <3
Viva la revolution baby.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Finally found time to allocate new points to those who won them and updated the RANBATs list. New Feature, now with rank change details...

doubles
1. Attila - 26 - Snake - Mt Waverley
2. Tibz - 26 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley +1
3. Jei - 22 - Pit/Yoshi - Delahey -1
4. Tak - 20 - Fox - Scoresby +2
5. CAOTIC - 16 - Peach/Wolf - East Melbourne
6. Afropony - 12 - Pit - Elwood -2
7. Toshiba - 12 - Diddy Kong - Ivanhoe
8. Dekar - 10 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia
9. DJBrowny - 8 - Metaknight - Adelaide NEW
10. Shaya - 8 - Marth/Wario - Sydney NEW
11. X - 8 - Fox - Nunawading -2
12. Amaterasu - 6 - Metaknight - Gold Coast NEW
13. Devil - 4 - Wolf - Whittlesea -3
14. Alfa - 2 - Lucario/Link - Balwyn -5
15. Drixon sypher - 2 - Marth/Fox - Bendigo -4
16. Haydino - 2 - Mr. Game & Watch - Balwyn -4
17. Icek - 2 - Falco/Zelda - Blackburn -4
18. Jared - 2 - Lucario/Snake - Mt Eliza -4
19. Ledge - 2 - Lucario - Moorabin NEW
20. Leisha - 2 - Lucas - Whittlesea NEW
21. Meteor Master - 2 - Ness - Sydney NEW
22. Nick - 2 - Marth - Mt Eliza -7
23. Tanman - 2 - Mr. Game & Watch/Donkey Kong - Bendigo -7

singles
1. Tibz - 29 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley
2. Attila - 18 - Snake - Mt Waverley +3
3. Afropony - 16 - Pit - Elwood -1
4. Jei - 14 - Pit - Delahey -1
5. CAOTIC - 11 - Peach - East Melbourne -1
6. Toshiba - 10 - Diddy Kong - Ivanhoe +1
7. Amaterasu - 9 - Metaknight - Gold Coast NEW
8. Nick - 9 - Marth - Mt Eliza
9. Tanman - 9 - Sonic - Bendigo -3
10. Shaya - 7 - Marth - Sydney NEW
11. Atticus - 6 - Metaknight/Kirby - Bulleen -2
12. Dekar - 6 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia +3
13. DJBrowny - 6 - Lucario - Adelaide NEW
14. IceK - 6 - Falco/Zelda - Blackburn -4
15. Nicks - 6 - Metaknight - Heidelberg NEW
16. Drixon Sypher - 4 - Fox - Bendigo NEW
17. Earl - 4 - Link/Snake - Greensborough -6
18. Forte - 4 - Metaknight/Snake - Glen Waverley -5
19. Khoa - 4 - Diddy Kong/Metaknight/Falco - Burnside -5
20. Jared - 2 - Lucario/Snake - Mt Eliza -4
21. Nay - 2 - Toon Link - Sydenham -4
22. Tak - 2 - Fox - Scoresby -4
23. TRex - 2 - Captain Falcon - ?? NEW

After next month I'm capping this list at 20 people.
If you may or may not have noticed, players with the same amount of points are placed in alphabetical order so if you have the same amount of points as the person who is 20th but your name starts with a letter after this person, you won't make the list sorry, but I am keeping records of everyone with points so if you manage to gain more points you can still make the list later on.

Note: TRex I need your location please.

Edit: this is now posted up on the front page in quote form, apologies for that but it's the only way until Vermy's comp is up and running again :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I <3 low tiers yaaaay, lucas and ness are the pwnzors >=3

Well I find them more fun to use anyways... xD I do use G&w at times, so i'll consider him my high tier char.

hopefully I dont have anything happening on the 30th lawl, or else I will be sad. D;

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
@ Jei: i know its not really that important but in that points list thing you got my location wrong! i live in heidelberg, not greensborough.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah thanks Nick, I actually put a '??' next to your location but just figured I would guess it and hope.
Still waiting on TRex or someone who knows where TRex is from...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yay n2c meet this thursday! woooo

N2C
Shop 100, 200 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000

Time: 6:00-6:30 till late

COST: $3/hour members
$3.80/hour non-members
membership $6 includes 1 free hour
bring money for food if you want
so $20-30 to be safe

BRING: GameCube controllers and the money to cover N2C at least.

Confirmed list:

Jei - wii+brawl
Khoa
Ledge - wii+brawl
Earl

Maybes (uh oh...)
Atilla
Bryan

Attila_

BRoomer
thurs? im supposed to go to karaoke with some work mates... put me on the maybe list. i really do need some practice for lansmash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom