• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Extreme fail? Ask Shaya.
My answer? Dekar. :laugh:

But off the top of my head, the only match I recall me watching that I saw extreme campanz was on Corneria with Atticus (MK) vs Dekar (G&W), I believe the match ended with only 30 seconds left on the timer.

Also when I was last down, there was a match against a G&W and Fox, where neither were approaching, as the stage is too stupid (for safe approaching), and Attila (maybe it was tibs?) said "stop stalling", scaring the youngsters into doing something I don't believe he has the power to enforce nor 'call' appropriately.

Also Tibs, in the first match on Corneria, Chris took off your first stock quite fast in the main area, and you then took it back, and then proceeded to never leave the bottom lip of the stage for any period other than when you lost your stock. Chris stayed down there for no reason, and he got severely and heavily damaged by combos with bananas down there that wouldn't have been possible elsewhere on the stage (and arguably anywhere at all). I recall almost a 0 to death on the same match where you killed him with a fair at like 70%. That seems like stage **** to me.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
not like it was a combo though, it was a string of bad luck and prediction imo =p

Browny

Smash Hater
My answer? Dekar. :laugh:

But off the top of my head, the only match I recall me watching that I saw extreme campanz was on Corneria with Atticus (MK) vs Dekar (G&W), I believe the match ended with only 30 seconds left on the timer.
how about my lucario vs dekar G&W on japes :p

lololol brawl is such an awesome game

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@shaya: i remember that match. it wasnt extreme camping, cause no one was attacking the other. it was stalling. neither character could camp the stage, so they sat on their respective sides. stalling is considerably different to camping, and is actually banned. i was saving them from disqualification. if you think that this is horrible, try and think about how many times on ps1 youve seen two players refuse to approach each other during the tree or rock (i dunno what its actually called) stage transformations. it happens almost everytime the stage is picked. but we still let the stage lay.

also, while snake does like that stage, without a lock of somesort against the fin, hes second rate at best there.

in the case of chris and tibs, if i recall, the match was extremely close, hardly constituting stage **** (we know both characters are close in skill level from their matches on neutrals). its just a little easier to fall into pseudo-combos down there if youre predictable (espc against tibs' diddy). as dekar said, there arent true combos down there, just good and bad play.

in regards to the timer, i myself have had three matches almost end early, despite the fact that i have one of the most aggressive styles at stigma. because my opponent was afropony (in his early days, not so much now). my point is, its the people (or sometimes person) that wind the clock down, stage generally have little to do with it. tell your opponent to hurry the hell up.

and like i said earlier (a point that was ignored), corneria isnt half as discriminator as stages like rc or japes. try using snake to win against a falco on japes, or using olimar to win against an mk on rc. now that impossible. prioritize your unfair stages, guys.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Whilst I don't think RC should be legal due to it's godlyness for MK nor Japes because of Falco, those are individual matchups, Corneria skews up every match up severely.

I don't think Snake has to worry about not having a lock. Snake chooses where the fight is had. And he is going to choose the top area where his utilt is going to be killing even earlier. Anyone trying to camp on the bottom fin against Snake is suspectable to side b, grenade droppings (chuck one to picking out another that forces it to drop), and even safe C4 drops.

tibs7

Smash Champion
but the thing is RC and JJ are still there so we have to keep Corneria to.
Yes i did kill chris at 70% with fair but he killed me like 100% with diminished dsmash and with shuttle loop so yes he did **** me like i did him......

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Corneria the stage doesn't exist. The actual stage is that four-metre wide engine pod up the back. NO ONE ever fights anywhere else.

Also, I'm going to announce it here; The DORF will not feature in tourneys anymore. Having a great Dorf is like having a fast cow in a horse race. It may be a really fast cow, but you still come last.

Attila_

BRoomer
lucas is near the bottom and he is still the pwn. i reckon if i used him in a standard tourny id still top 10 easy :)

Attila_

BRoomer
pretty sure ness is higher on the list and in tourny placings.

and lucas has some really horrible matchups. like, impossible matchups.

@afro: if everyone does, ill make it into the top 6. you know i can.

@dekar: you only think that way because your three characters have at least a 70:30 match up on him (gw is 80:20)

EDIT: i just checked and i was wrong... lucas and ness are a draw on the tier list (4.50 each) and lucas is currently ahead in tourny placings. i swear he has been on the bottom more than anyone though.

Vermy

Smash Champion
He didn't enter singles in melbourne. I did vs his Ness in doubles, and I gotta say, its not bad. Best Ness I've seen so far. But then again I haven't seen many =/

Also, squirtle lolz at ness' recovery.
c u@PKsuicide.

@Attila: I need to use Snake as a secondary to cover my bad matchups (marth, MK, gay man watcher, lolimar) teach me? =D

Attila_

BRoomer
@vermii: snake is bad against mk and oli, and even-ish against marth. so much for covering yourself lol. ill take you under my wing ;)

@mm: ill start practicing again just for you

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think you haven't played in a melbourne singles tournament

@tibs: snake craps on marth craps craps crappppss

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth has uber issues with grenade countering ;_;.
Marth had something good until wavebouncing came about :p

Enough about Marth, Let's talk about Ness.
I don't recall a Ness getting first without a 'ROB' against it.

S.D

Smash Master
Lucas might not be very good but you can still win with him.

I've made top 5 with him a few times and won some mid/low tier **** with him.

As long as you don't fight DK it's possible to win.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Marth has uber issues with grenade countering ;_;.
Marth had something good until wavebouncing came about :p

Enough about Marth, Let's talk about Ness.
I don't recall a Ness getting first without a 'ROB' against it.
ROB was me not trying too hard.

Or fighting a Marth.

Attila_

BRoomer
melbourne doesnt have one... dekar's is ok i suppose... but i think mine's better :) always did prefer to blow things up though hehe

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Dekar + Nick are the only Melbourne Marths I know of.
At least the only Marths that have placed at STIGMA.

*Back to lurk mode*

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Yeah Nick is a pretty good Marth.
Also does anyone main ZSS in melb? I'm going to put Sonic away, I love him to death but I've had enough of losing lol. And I might work on my ZSS, I want to be the first one.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Also does anyone main ZSS in melb? I'm going to put Sonic away, I love him to death but I've had enough of losing lol. And I might work on my ZSS, I want to be the first one.
Haha, nice. I'm putting practise into my Samus and Zero Suit Samus, But more Samus then ZZS. I just can't make up my mind for a second Snake, Marth, Samus, Peach, ZSS... I change my mind every week.

But we should so team up with ZSS and Samus sometime :)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Corneria the stage doesn't exist. The actual stage is that four-metre wide engine pod up the back. NO ONE ever fights anywhere else.

Also, I'm going to announce it here; The DORF will not feature in tourneys anymore. Having a great Dorf is like having a fast cow in a horse race. It may be a really fast cow, but you still come last.
Fair point. So he can we expect to see in his place? please don't say pikachu... haha

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
@vermii: snake is bad against mk and oli, and even-ish against marth. so much for covering yourself lol. ill take you under my wing ;)

@mm: ill start practicing again just for you
Snake isnt bad against MK!
MK has no projectiles so snake can camp MK if he wants to. Also snake completely shuts down mach tornado by droping grenades everywhere and ontop of that MK is light so up tilt kills even earlier than it normally does!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I actually started picking up Marth a couple of days ago =) hes quite fun to use, but i don't know about mainning him or anything, I tend to get too predictable after a while... But I have that problem with all my chars XD, teams all the way :3 lawl

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
What a coincidence! I'm putting my Sonic away too. I've discovered fun in MK and will now main him. Too much effort into Sonic when little effort will yeild the same results with MK!

swordsaint

Smash Master
She has a good Marth! She was beat me twice in a row in Marth mirrors last night. Just someone give her some Marth practice because what she says about becoming predictable is true. However, he Marth has great potential imo.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
heh thanks scott :3 i havint really looked into him quite yet, need to learn more combos and stop killing myself while attempting to spike XD

i need moar mains,

Vermy

Smash Champion
@attilla: yay! =D

@nicks: if your mk fears him, that's a green light for me

@tanman: nooooooooooooo! Melbournes legendary sonic dies =(

I'll be reppin it for the low tier. Since Ugly dropped Dorf and Tanmans recent announcement, I think that makes me the lowest tier Main (for singles) O_O

And Ugz is bringing Pikachu, and 2 other possible mains into the ring. Once he figures out all the cgs its gunna be horrible for all you Fox mains..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom