• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
You're gonna have to dload it because the only version on console is *** PS2.

Then again you could get a *** PS2 and then order Melty from Play-Asia or something.

Censor is Japanese lol. You need a Japanese PS2.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Saturday? **** oh well I'll just go next month.

And guys until further notice my gamertag is SB64 lulz, I don't know the actual name tho :p.

Also I want to buy melty blood too where is it available?
Also Saturdays suck.
download it via torrents :)

would I get in trouble if i linked him to downloading a game?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
**** so much spam...
Book it for whenever you want jei... because its your birthday lol
but srsly do it for sat

Zero

Smash Hero
It may work on an eee, but it may not be powerful enough. It doesn't run via emulator, it's its own program. So you'll have to install and find out, I guess.

SPECS:

1. Windows 2000/XP/Vista with DirectX 9.0c or higher installed
2. Pentium III 500 MHz (1 GHz recommended)
3. 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
4. Direct3D-compatible video card with 64MB video RAM
5. 1.2 GB free hard drive space
6. DirectSound or compatible soundcard
7. DVD-ROM drive, only required during installation
8. 6-button gamepad recommended (keyboards do not properly support
pressing multiple keys simultaneously)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ffs srsly, Melty Blood discussion in a different thread. Please.

I'll book it for Saturday then but the tourney will have to start after 12 midday.
That means only doubles and singles can take place and everyone has to co-operate to get things done on time.

Results will be posted by Monday, I promise. Everytime I think I have enough time to sit down at the computer and post these things something always comes up.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I think he was joking about doing pools because last time we did pools it took a really long time and Jei had just said that they would need to make it quick to get through the whole day.
I bet you hate doing pools because you were in my group last time =P

earla

Smash Lord
pools would be sweet, one game vs each in your pool.

- warm up
- more games the better. (some people get knocked out of tournament first rounds) so it'd be cool to give them more games.
- sets up weaker stream of players for people who do well in pools. more accurate results.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Or... we could do what we did at the final Ranbat in Jan '09, where we play in pools and only the top 50% in in each pool graduate into the bracket. Although, this would mean a large gap in the number of matches played

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I agree with Earl, even though pools take longer it means more games for people who get knocked out straight away, if there were more wiis the pools would go quicker. and i think with every tourney there are being more and more wiis.

Or... we could do what we did at the final Ranbat in Jan '09, where we play in pools and only the top 50% in in each pool graduate into the bracket. Although, this would mean a large gap in the number of matches played
maybe the bottom %50 goes straight into losers bracket? not sure, just a thought

Browny

Smash Hater
as oppose to people who come in last place only managing 4-6 games while people who get to the grand finals could have anywhere up to 30?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
rofl joking about pools guys sigh
of course pools would take forever and double elim is much more satisfying ;)

earl will win btw

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You'd only want an 8-man finals bracket outta pools, so that wouldn't add an exponential number of extra matches to those who make it

Splice

Smash Hero
What if there was a wii allocated for friendlies only? then everyone would get more matches, and it wouldn't waste as much time as pools :)
I just dont want to have to leave before the Grand Final, is all.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
i think that the only reason everyone is complaining about the time it takes is because last time it took twice aslong as it could have because there wasnt enough wiis to fit the amount of groups.
there were two pools that had to wait for all the others to finish because we didnt have enough wiis last time.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
a brawl set will often take around 15 minutes
and this monthly will start later than usual
and you want more matches and/or friendlies? good luck.

Vermy

Smash Champion
No pools.
Double elim bracket.
Pools fails.
We all had experience of that first hand. People had to leave early, and we didn't finish till very late. Since we have even less time than normally, it would be a really bad idea this time around.
Double elimination is time efficient, and its worked for smash tourneys for years so far. And this is competitive Smash people. You win, you go to the next match. You lose, you don't.

A tv for friendlies sounds like a good idea though. Id gladly dedicate my tv and wii for that, if it keeps the masses happy. Some people at the last event claimed it was "laggy", and although I don't agree, it would solve any issues with matches.

Just my $0.02

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer even if your tv is laggy at all, it doesn't matter if it's for friendlies ey

items and pokefloats goooo

Splice

Smash Hero
Pokefloats? Well i guess if we have a wii for friendlies someone probably will stick Melee in it. >.<
We would have to prevent this. Nothing against Melee, but it is Stigma-B. emphasis on the B. for Brawl.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pools are great, if only 20 people turn up. otherwise, it takes far too long. just do it like normal, and yeah, i might be a little late for teams (tibs should be fine with a lv9 cpu for a while :))

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Guys. fyi

Pools are the most time efficient and fastest way of running LARGE tournaments. yall just haven't seen it done right - just cus jei fuxed it up doesn't mean it's a bad system. in tournaments larger than 64 people pools starts to become the only viable option. works wonders for micromanagement. rocky will show you how its done

tibs7

Smash Champion
double elim bracket ftw
tibs + lvl9 cpu = win
and rocky will be teh awesome

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I'm still wondering what the rough timing will be. Cause Edge will most likely have to work, i'm wondering whether to miss teams and wait for him to finish or Just come by myself / not come at all this month.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
i agree with wat earl and ledge said, i think if we did pools but only played every person in your pool once instead of twice it would work fine.
as long as we have enough wii's for every pool :p

Attila i hope you get there before earl and i come up against you guys!!! as amazing as tibs is i still dont think him with a CPU will be that good.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Cao's very correct, I've seen pools run expedentially well and efficient with a large number of people, I just screwed up. Because of this, I'm not going to have pools next monthly in-case I do it again.
Also sorry Splice but I can't have one TV dedicated to friendlies because I will need all the tv's I could get and you have no idea how annoying it is trying to get someone to stop playing a friendly match so they could start their scheduled tournament match.
I just want to throw this tournament and get it done quickly with no little experiments.

Results finally:

Doubles
1. Team 7 (Tibz + Attila) [Diddy Kong + Snake] 10 points
2. 500 Metaknights (Shaya + DJBrowny) [Marth/Wario + Metaknight] 8 points
3. Flaming Sausage (Jei + Amaterasu) [Pit + Metaknight] 6 points
4. Foxy Woxy (Tak + Devil) [Fox + Wolf] 4 points
5. Your Mother (Leisha + Meteor Master) [Lucas + Ness] 2 points
5. Gary + X [Lucario + Fox] 2 points
7. Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks)
7. Milk (Milk + Joey Joey Joe Joe)
9. Toxin (Toshiba + DrixonSypher)
9. Potplant Lobsters (Vermy + Ugly)
9. 2cas (Tanman + Edge Games)
9. FortK (Forte + IceK)
13. Justyn + Jimmy
13. 20 dollars (Timic + Viva)
13. Amaterasu Must Die (Condog + Bryan)
13. FrekDean (Mfrek + Dean)
17. Sword + Bat (Will + Nikki)
17. MystWalkers (Atlas + Myst)
17. The Dudes (Nay + Khoa)
17. Alfa + Haydino

Singles
1. Tibz [Diddy Kong] 10 points
2. Amaterasu [Metaknight] 9points
3. Attila [Snake] 8points
4. Shaya [Marth] 7 points
5. DJBrowny [Lucario] 6 points
5. Nicks [Metaknight] 6 points
7. Dekar [Game & Watch/Marth] 4 points
7. Drixon Sypher [Fox] 4 points
9. Jei [Pit] 2 points
9. Nick [Marth] 2 points
9. Toshiba [Diddy Kong] 2 points
9. TRex [Captain Falcon] 2 points
13. Tak
13. Earl
13. Nay
13. Atlas
17. Devil17. Sam
17. Tanman
17. Edge Games
17. Joey Joey Joe Joe
17. Milk
17. Jared
17. Haydino
25. Mfrek
25. X
25. Ugly
25. Khoa
25. Dan
25. Justyn
25. Gary
25. Jimmy
33. IceK
33. Mezer
33. Bryan
33. Timic
33. Condog
33. Antony
33. Nixernator
33. Myst
33. Viva
33. Vermy
33. Dean
33. Alfa
33. Leisha (DQ)
33. Meteor Master (DQ)

Low Tier
1. Attila [Lucas]
2. Tibz [Mario]
3. Tak [Fox + Yoshi?]
4. Drixon Sypher [Fox]
5. Amaterasu [Yoshi]
5. Edge Games [Sheik]
7. Bryan [Peach]
7. Jei [Jigglypuff + Yoshi]
9. Vermy [Pokemon Trainer]
9. Leisha [Lucas]
9. Tanman [Sonic?]
9. Atlas [Mario]
13. TRex
13. Khoa
13. Ugly
13. Myst
17. Justyn
17. Condog
17. Gary
17. Mezer
17. Antony
17. CAOTIC (DQ)

I would do shoutouts but a) it's probably a little too late now and b) this post is long enough.
I just want to thank the interstaters for coming, you guys made this the best tournament I've hosted so far and thank you everyone for coming, the more people the better <3

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I'm still wondering what the rough timing will be. Cause Edge will most likely have to work, i'm wondering whether to miss teams and wait for him to finish or Just come by myself / not come at all this month.
Forget him and come Team with me. Your Fox, My Game & Watch, and no Mirror gimps and we'll be fine. In other words, you drive. =P

tibs7

Smash Champion
Attila i hope you get there before earl and i come up against you guys!!! as amazing as tibs is i still dont think him with a CPU will be that good.
sif, i bet you by the time he comes we'll still be in winners bracket.

Splice

Smash Hero

Also sorry Splice but I can't have one TV dedicated to friendlies because I will need all the tv's I could get and you have no idea how annoying it is trying to get someone to stop playing a friendly match so they could start their scheduled tournament match.
I just want to throw this tournament and get it done quickly with no little experiments.

Fair enough i dont mind, as long as i don't have to leave before the grand final, its all good.
Good to finally see the results. Gary, GJ on coming fifth with X. I hope we do that well when im your partner in May.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you guys are talking about just pools, or pools then like a top 8 or top 4 bracket

pools and then full double elim is always bad idea

C~Dog

Smash Champion
mm yeah pools sounds liek a good idea, as long as we have only top 4 or 8 after it. anything else would take way too long lol

EDIT: hi nicks =D

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Fair enough i dont mind, as long as i don't have to leave before the grand final, its all good.
Good to finally see the results. Gary, GJ on coming fifth with X. I hope we do that well when im your partner in May.
As do i Splice. looking forward to it =D. was using olimar btw not lucario for both singles and doubles, but anyway doesnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom