• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Fair enough i dont mind, as long as i don't have to leave before the grand final, its all good.
Good to finally see the results. Gary, GJ on coming fifth with X. I hope we do that well when im your partner in May.
I believe he mains Captain Falcon, i've never seen such a good Falcon, was great fighting him.
yeah a friend of mine from mywii =D hes got teh godly falcon <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
*fixed TRex's character*

Semi-updated the first post, just the date and time really. Should be updating the new rules and stagelist someday soon.
Look at the updated schedule please and note, we only have one hour of set-up instead of our usual three hours.
This means I need more than just Khoa, Lee and one random helping me with tables and chairs and general set-up.
Even before we are totally set-up I will be taking registrations just to get things moving as fast as possible.

We shouldn't be following the schedule perfectly, obviously but we can't afford any breaks or interuptions during the tournament. We need as many TV's as possible and NO friendlies or Melee this time until we are running smoothly.

All I'm doing with these rules and sh*t is just preparing for something to go wrong because we will need to rush to get through it all.

Anyway....I'm out lol.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
This means I need more than just Khoa, Lee and one random helping me with tables and chairs and general set-up.
One random? One random?! I've helped set up the last two tourneys, and im still some freakin random?!?! >=O

jkjk you know i love ya jei =P

Vermy

Smash Champion
I dunno who this "condog" guy is but he needs to chill.
I hear he spams the boards n shiz. =p

Woo! 9th in teams!
Woo! 9th in low tier! Woulda had higher if id beaten Tibs first round ;-) I totally had it too...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Because you touch yourself at night.

Should be getting my pc up and runing this week guys.

Unless someone knows how to fix blue screen of death? It still goes into safe mode fyi.
Pm me if you can halp. <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
One random? One random?! I've helped set up the last two tourneys, and im still some freakin random?!?! >=O

jkjk you know i love ya jei =P
Somehow I knew you would comment on that. My bad, you do help alot in the mornings also. What I'm trying to ask is for the people that arrive early that usually just sit and watch or wait for a tv to be set up for them to give a little bit of a hand this month.
I'm fine with having 3-4 people help me every other month but this month will be running late and I want to kick off this tournament at 1pm latest.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@nicks: i think hed be more than capable. bananas own 2v1 hardcore.

@siyro: his falcon was pretty good. but my lucas 2 stocked it 4 times over O_o

@jei: never seen so many results in my life. lucky that mine werent hard to find lol jk jk oh, and what new rules are you talking about? cp changes perhaps?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Pokémon Stadium 1, Castle Siege(D),Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Brinstar, Corneria(D), Distant Planet(D), Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Melee)(D)

Everything else is banned due to broken moves such as Marth's and Metaknight's dtilt against a wall or extreme camping spots.
Can't you do Marth and Mk's Dtilt on Corneria?
And Doesn't the bottom right area of that stage allow for extreme camping?

Splice

Smash Hero
Oh no not this again >.<
Why do you all hate Corneria? WHHHYYY!!!!!!
Anyway, extreme camping at the bottom right? its not like its hard to approach, and if you mean camping as in the one where they hide and fire projectiles at you, well, even Pit would have a hard time curving an arrow around from there. I mean sure, a Diddy Kong may want to lure a player there, but he's still approachable and attackable, its not some invulnerable area. If any one wanted to look at it as Camping, you'd at least have to admit its hardly EXTREME. but i cannot argue against the Dtilt issue as i do not know anything 'bout it with MK and Marth. *sigh* Poor Corneria.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh no not this again >.<
Why do you all hate Corneria? WHHHYYY!!!!!!
Anyway, extreme camping at the bottom right? its not like its hard to approach
Wrong, it can be extremely hard to approach. The low ground is superior in just about every aspect in smash. Most characters trying to get down there are putting themselves at a horrible disposition, because, they have to land. And landing has lag. And there's not much room for you to land anywhere that most character's cannot completely zone without moving.

and if you mean camping as in the one where they hide and fire projectiles at you, well, even Pit would have a hard time curving an arrow around from there. I mean sure, a Diddy Kong may want to lure a player there, but he's still approachable and attackable, its not some invulnerable area.
Of course he's approachable and attackable, with one banana infront of him, one behind him, and all he has to do is focus up above. Margin of error by the approaching player? Close to nil. With a major punishment by MANY CHARACTERS being an infinite lock against the wall.

The only characters who can outst the camping mechanics of the stage are Snake, Olimar, Peach, Diddy. They produce items, they can throw them to down their for safety. Or In Snake's case, just sit on the other side of the stage. So yeah, you're right, Pit has a hard time curving arrows down there, so he has to approach, read previous paragraph.

If any one wanted to look at it as Camping, you'd at least have to admit its hardly EXTREME. but i cannot argue against the Dtilt issue as i do not know anything 'bout it with MK and Marth. *sigh* Poor Corneria.
Hmm... more extreme? The only other legal stages there that come close are:
i) Castle Siege -> Second part of the stage. Solution: it doesn't last long.
ii) Distant Planet -> I hate this stage, this is just as bad as Corneria except it's even HARDER to approach (you've got a god **** platform above you covering you) but there's no wall infinite.
iii) Jungle Japes -> Lol projectile characters. There is a lot more reward for knocking someone out of their camping spot on this stage though. (Water = death, klaptrap, etc)
iv) Luigi's Mansion -> I can't deny. This one is definitely 'worse' than Corneria. And every character has an easy jab lock on this stage. There is nothing stopping you from approaching on this stage, but you can't force approaches either due to projectiles being blocked (i.e. its a running away for ever stage).

Corneria is definitely in the extreme of campy stages.
Also it's MK, Marth, Ike, Dedede, Diddy, Game and Watch, Kirby, Zelda, ROB, Wolf, Yoshi, Olimar, Donkey Kong, and every character with a Jab lock, and I wouldn't be surprised if I missed someone. Some are more extreme than others. Olimar's and Yoshis realistically only last to like 80% or so, but it's a guaranteed 80%. And Olimar kills EXTREMELY early here.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
most only last to around 80 yeh, and you can't combo into a kill (combos in brawl haaa)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yesterday was the first time I played Brawl in 2 months.

Wow this game sucks.

I don't know what motivated me to try to be good at this game.

I would sell the game buuut I doubt anyone would want to buy such an amazing game with high speed action, combos and technical skill.

Melee 4ever

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the best at brawl don't even like it lol (or at least prefer melee)
tibs and attila to soon convert to melee

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Calm down kids, the Melee vs. Brawl wars are no longer tasteful.

EDIT - Do NOT continue talking aout the topic

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
But brawl has better Graphics and on a newer system. So Surely it must be better.......... I'm not gunna fool anyone with that statment, haha

But in all seriousness, both games have there highlights and downfalls, just a matter of personal opinion.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
uh
anyway

how bout that brawl monthly.. how bout that nicks, why isn't he winning

tibs7

Smash Champion
nah corneria needs to stay, distant planet is like wth....seriously such a homo stage.

@dekar: attila and i, i think will go to melee but we just need to start somewhere...

Browny

Smash Hater
nah corneria needs to stay, distant planet is like wth....seriously such a homo stage.

@dekar: attila and i, i think will go to melee but we just need to start somewhere...
lol of course youd say that, maining diddy and all

however, I suspect this is because you just havent played vs people who will actively wall infinite/lock you at every chance they get on the fin :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
corneria is definitely a cp, not just a good diddy stage but other characters love it to...snake, fox, mk (is ok on it), GnW and more....its there to be used as a cp.
whereas with distant...it has a walkoff and some weird dog thing that can kill you.....its way to dodgey

Attila_

BRoomer
corneria is currently the only cp with a low ceiling, and isnt half as potentially disadvantageous as stages like rc and japes... it needs to stay. dont want to get locked against a wall? the situation cant be forced. just learn to play properly.

Splice

Smash Hero
Has anyone even played on Distant Planet in a Stigma-B tournament?
I dont think it has even being used as a CP yet. Who is it good for?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
OP said:
Everything else is banned due to broken moves such as Marth's and Metaknight's dtilt against a wall or extreme camping spots.
If this is the criteria for banning a stage, then corneria should be banned also. The lower side of the level is an extreme camping spot for a lot of characters, plus the fin is a prime target for infinites.

And i dont get the logic of saying "Just dont go down near the fin". What if you opponent gets a percentage lead, and then goes and sits down by the fin? You have a choice of either losing by timer, or jumping down and getting *****.

If the only way to win when playing a level is to avoid an entire section of said level, maybe its position as a viable level should be rethought. When one player avoids any part of a stage for fear of crippling defeat, it detracts from the gameplay, in the same fashion of other levels that force the player to fight them as well as their opponent. It gives them less room to manoeurve, and they waste valuable brawling time trying to avoid entering an area that would result in them being severly disadvantaged.

Ban Corneria.

Attila_

BRoomer
simple. if you have to approach, dont siddle up next to the fin unless youre at high damage. if they just sit there, then they get called for stalling and lose by default. ironically, most characters that have a lock against the fin also cant attack from down there, so they get called for stalling (diddy and olimar are the only exceptions i can think of). oli can be approached down there cause his priority sucks and he needs to keep moving in order to camp (and i think im the only good oli in the state, and i barely use him anyway) and diddy has to throw his bananas to keep them from disappearing, giving anyone a chance to approach. not to mention that most characters that have something to attack anyone trying to camp down there (grenades, iceblocks, fireballs etc). and those that dont generally have a way of getting around campy players (marths fair, falco/wolf's reflectors, squirtles water gun etc). and finally, has anyone yet been a victim of extreme camping on this stage? i havent seen any. and i definately havent seen any stage **** on corneria.

at least the fin stays in one place so you can avoid it; the same cannot be said for the walls in ps1 or delfino.

if someone shows me a series of matches that demonstrate stage **** (from this country) then id support banning it. but until then, it should stay as a cp. and remember, if japes/rc are viable cps, despite how much they screw certain characters over (oli, link, ganondorf just to name a few) then corneria is certainly legal.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Halberd has a considerably low roof. As does Pokemon Stadium (Cobalt's favourite Up Tilt counter pick).

Realistically, Snake absoloutely destroys anything 'bad' on Corneria, whilst gaining the most out of it. I really don't see any reason not to use Snake if someone were to try CP it against me.
But yeah, with all the infinites characters have on that stage, I don't see why it's D3 banned.

Also "called for stalling" is hard to regulate AND I would argue it's not stalling, I'm just maintaining best placement for my character as if I jump UP or DOWN I am in servere danger.

Extreme camping? Ask Dekar.
Extreme stage ****? Ask Tibs against Amaterasu.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol i so didnt use bananas as well as i could have down there.....he ***** me jsut as much as i did him......corneria is a perfect cp and condog i have no idea what your talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom