• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
its the FIIIIIRST SHOOUTOOOOUT EVVVVVEEEEER
(first shoutout eeeeveeeer)

toshi and jjjj: great games in melee! i think im getting much better
deka: being you with no-one but icies makes me reconsider maining them :p good games, im LEGIT! also lol at me forfeiting after suicide in brawl
bryan: man your peach is so legit!
brawl: **** you were ruining this tourney, more melee
cao: haha that was some fun team games REST REST REST
icek, leisha, vermy, luke: good games in pools everyone :)
book used to read maps: thanks for bringing the porta-cube, and sorry about the mixup with your melee disc, shouldve asked first
guy i played superstar with: man that game is awesome, get a gc controller!
danle and leon: always good to see new faces, hope you come back in 2010!
jei and x: thanks for running the most epic tourneys this year EVAR

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
my shoutouts are simple

melbourne: yay we rule no matter what

sydney brawl crew: start raising your own kids

special thanks : jeijei and x for running the tourneys this year it has been fantastic

fun thanks: to vermy for the lolz matches we had

nice thanks yous: teddy and luke for the doubles practice

a million thanks: drixon sypher and edges games thanks broz for the awesome chillin with magic, from now on magic out prioritises stigma events!!!

A nice woman said to me: ACHIEVMENT LIES BEYOND FOR THOSE WHO REACH BEYOND THEMSELVES
today we did

swordsaint

Smash Master
my shoutouts are simple

melbourne: yay we rule no matter what

sydney brawl crew: start raising your own kids

special thanks : jeijei and x for running the tourneys this year it has been fantastic

fun thanks: to vermy for the lolz matches we had

nice thanks yous: teddy and luke for the doubles practice

a million thanks: drixon sypher and edges games thanks broz for the awesome chillin with magic, from now on magic out prioritises stigma events!!!

A nice woman said to me: ACHIEVMENT LIES BEYOND FOR THOSE WHO REACH BEYOND THEMSELVES
today we did
I are confuse. My brain are be hurting.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
1st tibs (tibs vs tedeth still going when i left, tedeth had to win 2 sets though, doubt it haha <3)
2nd tedeth
3rd don
4th attila
5th shaya

1st don and splice
2nd tibs and attila
3rd ted and luke
4th earl and nicks
5th jei and dekar

nsw won crews

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A tournament that long really needed scrambled eggs...

Only going to attend scrambled eggs in future

Thanks for the season Jei

Oh, and Peach v Snake is the funniest matchup ever. The matchup of a thousand lols

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

X and Jei: Great tourney, wish I coulda stuck around til the end.
Timic: How'd you improve so quick? I must had played melee with you more than brawl with anyone else. GGs
Brian/IceK/Devil: fun melee times
Cake: GGs, our pool was nuts =[
Ledge: Man I choke lol. GGs, brackets ugh
DS and Edge: ugh. We'll get you next time!
Condog and Leish: You guys improved so much, GGs
Shaya: You took 5 successful stocks. =/ GGs
Dekar/Cao: Man, you pros. Teach me something while you **** me.
Abhi: Nice chats all day, we should play some friendlies next time haha
Toby: Very nice PT. Will emulate or die
Vermy: Good warm up, good stuff with doubles. You too, Ugly (lol)
Afro/Splice: good to see you kids everytime. Splice, lol. So hate you

Great tourney, lots of laugh etc.

Grats to all the winners too.

earla

Smash Lord
sory couldn't stay for crews, had an audition today.

thx to the syd boys chillin, good friendlies

tibz, attila always a pleasure.

nicks quality teammate as always. good on ya in singles

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts

jei: great tourney, great team... we took a match off splice/don and earl/nicks, so could have won... whatevs <3

splice: grats on teams, you won teams with ledge too, right? and without a bucket teammate character... too good

don: yer grats on teams, so many low percent kills (for brawl haha) made it great to watch. come back one day... or we'll come to you! (eventually.....)

timic: is legit wtf ***** in melee and almost beat ted in pools... lol

vermy: nice snake gimp, nice tunes :D

ugly: thanks for the ride bro

earl: too good, needed you in crews though brah :( probs ***** your audition though ;)

nicks: bad games, too much camping, sorry lol... you're terrible singles record continues

ledge: ^ exact same ^

shaya: thanks for tips, saw your last match vs don, should have been recorded ey, bit unlucky for that upsmash not to hit... bout time don won against you though ey, deserved it

tosh and jjjj: wubs

tedeth: hate wario but respect anyways, it's like jiggly in melee, fly around in the air, spacing spacing, boring boring, recovering from anything, occasional fart/rest, gj

luke: legit as always

tibs: wow can't believe you lost singles wtf, tired/late johns imo. still carried in teams and crews <3 <3 see you next week :)

attila: bl today, matches against don hella entertaining though :). ima go cry in the corner and cut my wrists til feb yeh?

toby: man saw one of your matches against viva, combos and 3 stock wtf niice

jei/bryan/DS: thanks for letting me borrow controllers... i need one ey... speaking of which, i'm missing a black and purpel gc controller if anyone... has them

devil: holy **** pro at melee let's team

icek: ... <3

x: did you help run the tourney? LOL

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I am an idiot.
I believe that I accidentally left my wii/wiimote at the venue. It's the one that, instead of a brawl disk, has a blank, nameless disk in it.
I'll probably get it back in Feb at the next tourny from Jei/X/whoever has it.
I am an idiot.

Splice

Smash Hero
crud i forgot something too.
I forgot to get my singles prize money off you Jei so if you could...

Oh wait

**** I'm really not used to this. :p

Afropony

Smash Lord
I thought Jei came 9th.. Maybe that was Toby though.

I guess that's the last tournament for a while, doesn't look as though any of the rankings changed around much.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Shoutouts:

Tibz: dw man you'll get Tedeth's Wario someday, hopefully soon <3

Attila: we didn't get any games in but oh well and my mum didn't kill me XD, also lol Japes. Thanks for the ride, my mum says thanks too.

Shaya: give me a GCN controller, if you want me to get one so bad XD, I learnt a lot of **** from you man thanks.

Toby: WTF Squirtle's d-throw? :(, man you're PT is nutz, or maybe I suck, or maybe both, thanks for the friendlies man.

Tedeth: Congrats bro *coughtibzwastiredcough* XD, nah **** Wario's a pain in the ***, good job though.

D0N: HOLY CRAP DI seem ridiculous, gets sent up from a tippered fair? HAX! Good job winning doubles with Splice, you shield and shield grab so well, if my mum will let me hit Virginia next year i'll need a place to stay though and yeah I'll be better then, hopefully :(.

Dean: Marth's good man, I suck at getting back on stage ;P

DrixionSypher: LOL Marth dittos XD

LeishaChu: thanks for buying me food :), also I hate ROB and lol mindgames in low tier.

MeteorMaster: WTF 3 stocked Jei in crews makes me sad, finding a new AT seems nice, that was crazy. Pools was fun thanks for the tips.

Luke: thanks for the friendlies can't believe I landed a fully charged Shieldbreaker on you :), you'd still own me if you were trying though XD.

Ledge: was fun playing you Olimar match against Marth seems unfair XD, Snake was funny.

ViVa: **** you and that Mario, I keep getting mindgamed XD, no johns though.

Splice: good job winning doubles, should have gotten the gimp man :( oh well next time.

The dude I teamed up with for doubles: sorry I couldn't remember your name, but don't ever go Lucas in doubles you'll kill your partner more than the opposing team.

Haydino: LOL unlocking is fun.

IceK: lol I can beat you XD nah jks man <3

Devil: As if you were about to be seeded man XD, lol you're pretty good man <3

X: <3 and XD

tedeth

Smash Master
Oh no I got an infraction for mocking all the rage in this thread from before. :(

I think Cao infracted me as punishment for winning. :p

I'll do shoutouts sometime tonight. Had fun guys. Melbourne is funny with all your new Wario hate. I prolly would have played more Wolf usually but after all the discussion of Wario's gayness from all you guys I thought I'd give you a taste. :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sounds like you're picking up from last Boost, Ted, good ****.

I'll have to steal all that skill off you at meets. :B

D0N

Smash Ace
I'll do shoutouts after I do my exams. It was a fun day.

I left my controller at the venue though. It's silver and had a peeling/faded sticker of an ape on the back. I would like to know if anyone has it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i think jei has it D0N i remember him asking us if it was ours. pm him or something.

ps i <3 you

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tourney Jei and X, it was awesome. =D Also, thanks Sydney people for coming down, you guys make everything even more fun. :3

Splice

Smash Hero
Jei please post an image of the bracket please oh dear god please...

Shoutouts tomorrow, thats what this sticky note on the pc says, it also says i should be doing science homework at the moment. Thankyou wise Oracle from the past!

@TED : New wario hate? Pretty sure a while back there was a phaze when 2 (more?) melb players picked up Wario and that was very annoying at first. I like wario, its just your wolf is more of a spacing game where we both seem to know what we are doing, so its fun and GG. Wario is sort of easier considering I don't know what I'm doing and come just as close, although I've never played it in a good state of mind.

oh and, that $20 you won D0N? That's my way of paying for the Akubra hat. Doubt it will go to the hat though, but anyway :)

Science Homework Time!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
shoutouts:

ted: looks like we have a new king. gj. although i do that think you cant really call yourself a wolf main anymore. at least not in that tournament.

tibs: tripped at the final hurdle. practice self control and it wont happen again. consider yourself luck you didnt face me though. isnt that right, shaya?

d0n: dk is too pro, and i just had no experience. good job getting through my camp though; most people couldnt touch me through it (espc with massive characters with no aerial movement). youre a great guy, i added you on fb, and look forward to keeping in touch and playing sometime in the future. oh, and congrats for teams too :)

cao: im so sad face that youre sad face. and yes, tibs was a ******* in crews. but out friendlies were amazing, and you seemed happy playing them. see you in japan! wubz!

shaya: lol at crews. must say, the only thing more satisfying wouldve been to spike you. haha thanks for coming, was fun at my house too, although i dont think ill ever really enjoy camping. your offstage game has improved considerably; dont stop trying please.

toby: nice to finally meet you; great guy. i admire your loyalty to pt, even though it means you lose to foxes (wth?), but it sure has hell game me a run for my money. poor ivysaur. lol. catch you when i get back, and then we'll get to work on teaching aus how to play :p

jei: i actually didnt see you play all day O_o. but i will say thanks for hosting and running this season of stigmaB (together with X, dont worry, i havent forgotten). lots of effort goes unnoticed by most, but not me. good job and thanks a bundle.

X: same as what i said for jei. lol. but seriously, thanks for my first full season; its been lots of fun. and where the hell did your **** fox come from? i didnt know that. expecting big things next season :)

luke: face the wrath of my japanese camp! mwhahahaha. soz bro, thats how they play over there, and so ive adapted and dont have issues with not moving. second stock on frigate taught you a lesson ;) still the second best snake in the country though, you just gotta get your american skill back, and then teach me (and show me how to beat ledge, **** it). thanks for coming down, always a pleasure.

earl: sorry about our set. thats how im supposed to play. even when i knocked you off the ledge, i didnt even move. the camp just continued. its not something i particularly enjoy doing, but the **** ***** me whenever i even though about using an attack that wasnt a grenade. walls of explosions and a lack of joystick movement against mk have become habit.

dekar: was expecting you in the teams finals... very sad when you couldnt join us... and even though you dont play this game, you almost beat ted. seriously couldve won the tournament. next time :)

ledge: very close. i actually thought you were sending me to losers first round. just got my camp on in the third match. keep it up and youll have me next time. good to see your improving still.

splice: one match really wasnt enough. but i can say that out of everyone at stigma, youve improved the most. be proud, cause i was. good job.

meteor: never failing to live up to your reputation in crews. omg i freakin love it. amazing with a capital 'a'

condog: outcamp me? lol. seems like your slowly climbing the ladder these days. the future is looking bright. although please, please stick with a main for at least a couple of months. takes a long time to be competent with a single character, and you really have to give them more of a chance.

bryan: l2 drive bryan, pretty sure your family has like 18 cars for you to choose from. also disappointed at the complete lack of rice sandwiches from the lunchtime selection. see you when i get back.

vermy: where you at? avoided me all day. cept when you were watching toby beat me. got no excuses now!

jack: maybe you should pick up wario too O_o lol jk jk

iceK: lol at teams, hahahaha was good fun though. although i dont remember your falco being technical...

pony: another one who mostly slipped under my radar. although gj in crews. would like to see more of your pit though; he's high tier in japan ;)

nix: i always saw you walking around but never playing. cept that double mk on luigis. lolololol. so broken. where's this dk i keep hearing about?

dean: new guy on the scene showing heaps of promise. see you in the finals when i get back bro.

paladinight: hope your mum didnt eat you alive... blame ted lol

at everyone else: soz i either forgot you, or didnt notice you. if the latter is the case, i dont bite, come and have a chat or a friendly next time.

in general:

to be completely honest, i actually thought about quitting brawl at this tournament. i really didnt enjoy my final three games. it was either camp or get gayed. its not how i like to play brawl, and im currently trying to find ways around it, but the only thing thats come up is to start playing mk. which i refuse to do. its sad, because when i can play the game properly, i really enjoy it. i like trying techs and introducing them into my playstyle, and even reinventing myself (which has definately happened over the past couple of months). but camping continuously and playing matches that skim the timer arent enjoyable. i dont think ill ever understand why some people find them so. but if thats brawl, i suppose there isnt anything you can do about it, except, stop playing the game.

on a more positive note, i do believe our scene has improved in my absence. X is the ****, new guy dean is taking places in the top 10, and splice, dont even get me started on this kid. very good things for the melbourne scene. that being said, while i was away, i learnt you add grenades into my game without camping, got much better tech skill and fluency, but more important, learned the art of smash di. not sure why i couldnt introduce it into my game earlier, but it happens without thought now. changes the game completely, and is most definately something everyone here should jump on. i shall continue to learn things while over there, and bring them back to improve our scene.

well done guys, good job ted, and X and jei, you guys are amazing.

gg.

D0N

Smash Ace
in general:

to be completely honest, i actually thought about quitting brawl at this tournament. i really didnt enjoy my final three games. it was either camp or get gayed. its not how i like to play brawl, and im currently trying to find ways around it, but the only thing thats come up is to start playing mk. which i refuse to do. its sad, because when i can play the game properly, i really enjoy it. i like trying techs and introducing them into my playstyle, and even reinventing myself (which has definately happened over the past couple of months). but camping continuously and playing matches that skim the timer arent enjoyable. i dont think ill ever understand why some people find them so. but if thats brawl, i suppose there isnt anything you can do about it, except, stop playing the game.

gg.
Changing the stage list gets rid of some of that. Pound 4's stage list looks pretty good. As much as I like japes, it shouldn't be legal. Same with green greens and luigi's mansion and a few other stages. More on the japes match we had later btw.

earla

Smash Lord
i suggest japan's stage list.

neutrals:
final destination
smashville
battlefield

cp's:
yoshi's island
halberd
lylat cruise

Status