• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

g-regulate

Smash Hero
4 of those tourneys have under 20 people (3 of them are under 15!!) one of them isnt even in our REGION.
This is why i vote to change it to top 10.

right now our amount of power-ranked smashers is around the same size as tournament entrants!! getting on the PR isnt even an achievement anymore.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Alright Greg, I'll agree because that's legit, until activity increases I'll support the top 10 nomination BUT if attendance begins going up again(25 or 30 people + regularly) it is subjected to change back to top 15.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
4 of those tourneys have under 20 people (3 of them are under 15!!) one of them isnt even in our REGION.
This is why i vote to change it to top 10.

right now our amount of power-ranked smashers is around the same size as tournament entrants!!
extremely true...as much md/va has ALOT of players that are at that "pretty good" level, it doesnt matter if the tourny entrants are super small
i vote for top 10

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i mean, just think though. im #12 or something and im sorta garbage, havent beaten anyone good in like 5 months (or longer).

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was thinking recently that the current best player down here is NEO or Candy with Meep semi-quitting.
Yes, Candy and Neo should be atop the PR list. I also don't think tournaments with only 10 people should count, for obvious reasons.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Atlantic North should be split into Tristate/New England and MD/VA imo. Too many good players

edit: This is SlikVik
Does MD/VA have the ability to take the top by itself? Or must it team with Tristate/New England to do it?

It's not about what our best shot is (because it would obviously be combining with Atlantic North.) Regionally speaking, is MD/VA strong enough to battle other regions, including Tristate and New England as competitors, and win?

Pound is only a month away. Discuss.

Personally, I'd rather Atlantic North be it's own team just to ensure first... so no other regions can take it. (lol) But if MD/VA can land even top 3 by itself, that alone says something too...

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Does MD/VA have the ability to take the top by itself? Or must it team with Tristate/New England to do it?

It's not about what our best shot is (because it would obviously be combining with Atlantic North.) Regionally speaking, is MD/VA strong enough to battle other regions, including Tristate and New England as competitors, and win?

Pound is only a month away. Discuss.

Personally, I'd rather Atlantic North be it's own team just to ensure first... so no other regions can take it. (lol) But if MD/VA can land even top 3 by itself, that alone says something too...
Did you put this in the wrong thread?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Nah. It's to be discussed and considered by MD/VA only. Who cares what the other Atlantic North regions think about this region's choice?

If MD/VA really want to represent themselves, then the crew would obviously be the power ranked players. And seeing as our PRs are versatile as it is, we'd have a bunch of trump cards on top of the usual characters.

So in all honesty I think it should be considered. Discuss... aye or nay?

I'm against it (sorry Slik.)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
yea, should be considered :D but i don't think we actually have enough strong players to make a large enough crew... discuss

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Inui and I already discussed this

MD/VA by and Tristate/others by themselves are REALLY strong crews, Tristate being a bit stronger than MD/VA, Tristate still has a good shot at winning the whole thing, MD/VA will struggle against Atl South + Texas and the tristate region will be really tough, Inui actually wanted to separate but I convinced him otherwise. Using our best players combined will ensure our victory. Taking players Like Candy, Chu, Neo, and pairing them with Anti, ADHD, Ally...too good

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Inui and I already discussed this

MD/VA by and Tristate/others by themselves are REALLY strong crews, Tristate being a bit stronger than MD/VA, Tristate still has a good shot at winning the whole thing, MD/VA will struggle against Atl South + Texas and the tristate region will be really tough, Inui actually wanted to separate but I convinced him otherwise. Using our best players combined will ensure our victory. Taking players Like Candy, Chu, Neo, and pairing them with Anti, ADHD, Ally...too good
I believe our region has more than enough top class players to compete on its own. At pound 3, MD/VA was its own region and it *****. I feel at pound 4, an MD/VA hosted tourney, we should continue the tradition.

edit: I wish this region had a little more pride. The last tristate tourney MD/VA went to, only ksizzle and adhd(ally dont count) outplaced everyone. The rest of the top 10 was MD/VA. We have more than enough talent to represent ourselves in a national scale crew battle. dont be soft

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I think we all agree that we're a talented region, and not that I'm any kind of expert on melee, but I do know our region history. When discussions came up about top melee players all over the US, many names from MD/VA came up, in terms of brawl, we might have a few but it's just not quite the same. Whether we're MD/VA or the Atlantic North, I'll support us.

We are indeed a prideful region because of our past, but we shouldn't live in the past.

To win for sure, we join the Atl North. To fight for our pride and show that MD/VA is nothing to **** around with, we separate.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Don't forget, we ***** NJ's **** at Apex.

Inui will be leader of the Atlantic North Team LMAO. I obviously should be leader, since I am the one who led MD/VA to victory at Apex. I request that I have multiple advisers though -

Requested Advisers
1. Candy
2. P~S
3. Neo

My Top 8
1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Omni
5. Candy
6. P~S
7. Boss
8. Very crucial toss-up between the following players -

Azen, G-reg, Forte, Junebug, Takeover, Sanoscy, Korn, Chillindude, ESOJ (just because we need a Diddy Kong).
I think GIMR deserves some credit because he plays ICs, but I'm unsure.
Plairnkk might also be a smart choice if we need to run the timer.

I'm down to have MD/VA as a separate region. I just realized that our region is diverse like **** LOLZ.

HAT

Smash Ace
Don't forget, we ***** NJ's **** at Apex.

Inui will be leader of the Atlantic North Team LMAO. I obviously should be leader, since I am the one who led MD/VA to victory at Apex. I request that I have multiple advisers though -

Requested Advisers
1. Candy
2. P~S
3. Neo

My Top 8
1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Omni
5. Candy
6. P~S
7. Boss
8. Very crucial toss-up between the following players -

Azen, G-reg, Forte, Junebug, Takeover, Sanoscy, Korn, Chillindude, ESOJ (just because we need a Diddy Kong).
I think GIMR deserves some credit because he plays ICs, but I'm unsure.
Plairnkk might also be a smart choice if we need to run the timer.

I'm down to have MD/VA as a separate region. I just realized that our region is diverse like **** LOLZ.
thanks chu. even though im "ranked" above 7 of the 9 players you mentioned.

jerk. =P

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chu leading our region against NON-Tristate will blow chunks

Chu, without looking, I want you to name 5 top players from every region, who they main and secondary, and who they've beaten in tournament recently.

You need a coach on the sidelines that isn't on the field. I'm telling you right now, if MD/VA is its own crew with Chu playing as a top player AND Coaching, that it will be a devastating loss. Believe me or not, thats up to you. I'm not doubting that you can lead Chu, but you don't seem to know much about other regions. Honestly I'd love to give our best players a chance to shine by being our own crew. I think HAT/Plank/P~S and others would agree that I'm a great choice for that.

Just to be clear- I'm not saying that you can't do it Chu, because I totally believe you can, but I don't think you can play at the same time. Obviously if I'm the Coach on the sidelines, I'll have you/Neo/Candy's input.

As for an MD/VA team: Those 7 you listed are great. I'll go ahead and finish it for you.

1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Omni
5. Candy
6. P~S
7. Boss
8. Junebug
9. Sanoscy
10. Takeover

Unless Azen practices and plays in some tournaments, he has 0 right to play in crews, and 0 usefulness as we have better MKs than his and better Lucarios. Otherwise, I'd love to use Azen, as an in practice Azen is better than 99% of the country.

I'll discuss more matchups later

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
...eh

... We're getting somewhere with this.

Have you guys actually come to the conclusion that MD/VA will be its own crew? All I see now is that MD/VA CAN do it, not that it WILL.

You can decide the team leader bull**** after that is settled. ^^

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
We are going to get ***** by WC. Falcos- Sk92 and DEHF and Ness-Fow

Do we have any Falco slayers at all? I guess if Chu (Kirby) or Gimr (GaW) or Slik (GaW) then we could win against the Falcos. But those two Falcos are so above any other EC/Midwest/South Falco that I don't even know if it'd matter counterpicking characters.

Boss would probably be the one put in to verse ADHD since it's Luigi vs Diddy.

Who the hell would we put up against Ally and M2k?????

And for that matter someone who knows how to fight a Ness of Fow's caliber? If Marths semi-infinite on Ness is legal then Ness would be no problem, but is it legal or not?

And if Texas (South I assume) opts to use Samboner if he went it'd be a good Idea to use a Pikachu/Sheik/Ics for an easy win.

I'm just stating the likely people to verse depending on if they go to pound 4 and who to use.

Likely verdicts:
MidWest? No problem.
Nj/Ny, PA, NE? Tough time, but we will win most likely.
South? Us.
Wc? Them till further notice.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i would only do this if you get a pool if our good players going. half the people you mentioned dont even play anymore chu. I wish azen, chillin, and omni would come back with them we could definitely pull it off.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah its basically gonna come down to-

Do Azen and Omni and Chillin even care enough to practice and play brawl competitively, thats up to them.

Top Bottom