• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I was just joking about plank camping in Melee. He did it because of Vidjo is the one of the biggest campers in Melee so he camped him back.

Camping in Melee takes ridiculous tech skill to do lol. It's actually easier just to attack your opponent because if you mess up camping on the edge your dead.

for example, that thing with shielk Plank was doing the edge that makes him invincible; not that easy to do. Also if he timed it wrong once, the opponent could've just hit him and Plank would've been dead.

So in conclusion

in Brawl: camping the ledge/ camping = easy to do

In Melee= camping the ledge/ camping is techinical and hard to do. it's easier just to take your opponent on.

@CK: not caring has been your excuse for not getting better for the last year and a half. Step it up.
like instantly tethering the edge from the stage with oli XD if you do that wrong you sd :D

and it was a joke... plank messes with me cause i'm black... so i mess with him cause he's white :D

candy if you ever see me ill wolf ditto you
don't do it... its a trap

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea im okay just starting to be good in the game... but I know for sure I dont suck...
NKB I thought I was sandbagging?? lol

falco03

Smash Lord
ps we need to talk and im prolly gonna be at chus the return of lie.......mm jk im more relax now..............sin and take over and esoj on the power ranking thats halarious to me tho they are all cool people

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ps we need to talk and im prolly gonna be at chus the return of lie.......mm jk im more relax now..............sin and take over and esoj on the power ranking thats halarious to me tho they are all cool people
i mean one of those 3 makes sense XD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important Update

Ok, so this period will come to an end most likely on December 20th.

Here are the tournaments that have been counted in this period:

Chu Dat's Halloween Bi-weekly (19 Entrants)

1: Logic (Olimar)
2: Meep (Ice Climbers/Metaknight)
3: GIMR (Ice Climbers/Game & Watch/Ness)
4: Chillindude829 (Falco/Snake/Metaknight)
5: ChuDat (Kirby)
5: Deez (Diddy)
7: HAT (Dedede/Snake)
7: Tantalus (R.O.B./Metaknight/Snake)

Mythic 3 (10 Entrants)

1: Junebug (Lucario/Metaknight)
2: Korn (Metaknight)
3: ESOJ (Diddy)
4: Amon (Metaknight)
5: Forte (Metaknight)
5: BMX (Wario)
7: 22 (Snake)
7: Tantalus (Metaknight)

Crank that Kosha Boy (New Jersey tournament, but it counts since the core of our players went there) (60 Entrants)

1: Ally (Snake)
2: ksizzle (Meta Knight/Snake)
3: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
4: Shadow (Wario/Meta Knight)
5: Candy (Snake)
5: TakeOver (Snake)
7: Junebug (Lucario/DK)
7: Neo (Marth)

Monstar Monthly @ Hagerstown (10 Entrants)

1. Logic (Olimar)
2. Takeover (Ike/Snake)
3. Pink Fresh (Lucas)
4. Tantalus (ROB/MK/Dedede)
5. Sassy (Zero Suit Samus)
5. K-9 (Pikachu/Wolf)
7. Waffle (Zero Suit Samus)
7. 23 (Ganondorf)

C3 Noble November (25 entrants)

1: Mew2King (Metaknight)
2: Ally (Snake)
3: Atomsk (Dedede/Lucas/Fox/Metaknight/Wolf)
4: Sanoscy (Metaknight)
5: Ninjalink (Diddy/Ice Climbers)
5: Logic (Olimar)
7: G-reg (Snake)
7: EE (Dedede/Metaknight)

Chu Dat's Thanksgiving Biweekly (13 entrants)

1. Candy (Snake)
2. ChuDat (Kirby)
3. P~S (Olimar)
4. Takeover (Snake)
5. Korn (Metaknight)
5. Sassy (Zero Suit Samus)
7. Esoj (Diddy)
7. NKB (Fox)

Mythic 4
Sector B Edition 2 @ UGZ
C3 December

italicized is upcoming

To people who only entered 1 tourney in this period- you'll probably want to try and make a 2nd tournament in the next 2 weeks. People who only enter 1 tournament every 2 months are very difficult to rank (People in this category include: G-reg, Sanoscy, Neo, Azen, and others)

Keep going for Gold! We'll have new PRs in mid december.

Please keep in mind that doing good at tournaments with more people/Ranked players will be worth more in the rankings, so try to make sure you attend the next two as they should have solid attendances.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I think we should wait till after the c3 on the 20th of December, even though its a Sunday lol, more people are able to attend c3's so that helps with rankings and Mythic and Hagerstown aren't doing much for helping, its more for who beat who, those small turnouts don't mean very much beyond top 3. Chu's bi weeklies are so so but with the who beat who factor again. That way its almost 2 months since the last rankings.

Top Bottom