• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

g-regulate

Smash Hero
ill be there!! in fact, im probably the only one of that entire list who has actually REGISTERED for pound 4!

im probably not good enough to be on the team (rofl who are we kidding yes i am) but its cool if im not. I can work better as a coach anyway and ill probably be busy running the tourney with jon.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
G-reg, you and I should co-captain, with Neo/Candy/Chu's input.

I will have a whole strategy guide and notes all on my computer handy!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
tant. i'll be brutally honest. i don't think you have the high level play experience needed to run the crew

chu forgets to include the guy he needed to handicap in mms XD

edit: Kage. If its 8 v 8, we're strong enough. anything more, probably not

1. meep
2. neo
3. P~S
4. Chu
5. Candy
6. Boss
7. June
8. A ****load of possible alternates

KageMurphy

Smash Master
No no no no, MD/VA won't win alone, combine with the Tristate like suggested, seriously. The fact that players who quit and have not even proven themselves in months are being suggested says it all. We don't have the strength to win alone currently.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^agreed with this guy

Slik- i'll be brutally honest, I think you'll be proven wrong

MD/VA's chances for winning is not very high alone, if you want to break off just make sure Candy/Neo are cool with it

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't have to beat anyone to be the leader and know matchups and know playstyles, how I perform is not relevant to the crew battle.

If beating some top players would satisfy you, I'd be happy to take them on. You're first, $5?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
We are going to get ***** by WC. Falcos- Sk92 and DEHF and Ness-Fow

Do we have any Falco slayers at all? I guess if Chu (Kirby) or Gimr (GaW) or Slik (GaW) then we could win against the Falcos. But those two Falcos are so above any other EC/Midwest/South Falco that I don't even know if it'd matter counterpicking characters.

Boss would probably be the one put in to verse ADHD since it's Luigi vs Diddy.

Who the hell would we put up against Ally and M2k?????

And for that matter someone who knows how to fight a Ness of Fow's caliber? If Marths semi-infinite on Ness is legal then Ness would be no problem, but is it legal or not?

And if Texas (South I assume) opts to use Samboner if he went it'd be a good Idea to use a Pikachu/Sheik/Ics for an easy win.

I'm just stating the likely people to verse depending on if they go to pound 4 and who to use.

Likely verdicts:
MidWest? No problem.
Nj/Ny, PA, NE? Tough time, but we will win most likely.
South? Us.
Wc? Them till further notice.
This guy seems to know what he's talking about^
I'd like to be in the crew battle
Isn't Sova more intertwined with South?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
id rather represent my own regional pride than team up with NJ, even if it is a guaranteed win. this tournament is IN MD/VA so we should have the advantage already (in the sense that most people entering this tournament will be md/va because of the location.)

if i remember crews rules correctly, if it's an 8 man team, we are allowed to have "alternates". that means we really have a team of like 12-13 people, and we can just pick who we want to put in depending on who we think our opponents will be.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Just for clarification:

Each Regional team is allowed to have 10 players. For each battle, you may send in only 8 of those 10 players. Each person MUST have 3 stocks a piece.

So basically, your team will be 10 people that are amazing, and you'll pick the best 8 depending on a regional matchup, but you also have to consider who they might sit as well. There are a lot of factors here. For instance, a comparison might be:

Tristate/NE region might have:

Ally
Anti
ADHD
Inui
Atomsk
Ksizzle
Shadow_111
Snakeee
Fatal
Vex Kasrani

So you'd have to consider who does the best against the ideal 8 people they pick.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
:(

why are the crews being split up? this is so dumb. i hope this isnt inuis fault. i love md/va and we live in the same region. same family!!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The crews haven't been split yet, I don't think. I think their just brainstorming if it happens. Speaking on the whole pride thing though, we should be repping the EC not just MD/VA, that's why teaming with tristate ups the chances of winning a lot and defends our coastal pride lol.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Woah woah woah......I do NOT think we should be split up. Thos isn't about competing with the tristate, it's to embaressly rapeevery other region. we can compete with tristate whenever we want. Leave it for another time. Mdva and tristate should be state and should **** all with 20stocks remaining

Inui

Banned via Warnings

why are the crews being split up? this is so dumb. i hope this isnt inuis fault. i love md/va and we live in the same region. same family!!
It's not really my fault. MD/VA's regional pride is probably the biggest factor.

I am...in favor of splitting up, actually. I think Tristate/New England can win on its own, and I think MD/VA will do just fine because the tournament is in their region and they have all of their top players to choose from. This will actually make it not an automatic win for Atlantic North and I think it would be interesting. More top players that deserve a chance to play will get to play, like Junebug, P~S, and myself.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
wtf @ this rankings list. why am i not #1?

sup guys two more weeks of school and i can finally be freeeeeeeee!

lets play some brawl

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
just watch.

i'mma 4-stock Meep, beat NEO in a sword fight, show Chu why MK is the kirby master, gimp PS 'till he hangs himself with his own pikmin, and just keep not losing to Candy. is that everyone?

ChuDat

Smash Master
thanks chu. even though im "ranked" above 7 of the 9 players you mentioned.

jerk. =P
I purposely left u out just to piss u off LMFAO

Chu leading our region against NON-Tristate will blow chunks

Chu, without looking, I want you to name 5 top players from every region, who they main and secondary, and who they've beaten in tournament recently.

You need a coach on the sidelines that isn't on the field. I'm telling you right now, if MD/VA is its own crew with Chu playing as a top player AND Coaching, that it will be a devastating loss. Believe me or not, thats up to you. I'm not doubting that you can lead Chu, but you don't seem to know much about other regions. Honestly I'd love to give our best players a chance to shine by being our own crew. I think HAT/Plank/P~S and others would agree that I'm a great choice for that.

Just to be clear- I'm not saying that you can't do it Chu, because I totally believe you can, but I don't think you can play at the same time. Obviously if I'm the Coach on the sidelines, I'll have you/Neo/Candy's input.

As for an MD/VA team: Those 7 you listed are great. I'll go ahead and finish it for you.

1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Omni
5. Candy
6. P~S
7. Boss
8. Junebug
9. Sanoscy
10. Takeover

Unless Azen practices and plays in some tournaments, he has 0 right to play in crews, and 0 usefulness as we have better MKs than his and better Lucarios. Otherwise, I'd love to use Azen, as an in practice Azen is better than 99% of the country.

I'll discuss more matchups later
I like the way u think about this whole "coaching on the sidelines" thing. Although, u shouldn't really doubt my credibility. If I'm not leading this team to victory, then it's going to be either Candy, P~S, G-reg, or Neo.

Tant - U aren't Inui. That's not a BAD thing.
U should definitely help us out though. We need u to discuss with Hat, EE, and others about what to do, who to send out, ect.... Get some good(private) discussion in so we can use it for the crew battle.

U have to learn to stop being so biased towards Junebug, Sanoscy, and Takeover. YES, they are great players. There are definitely better options though.

as for 8-10, my pick would be Azen, Forte/G-reg, Esoj. Again, I need more input on this. I'm still unsure.

We are going to get ***** by WC. Falcos- Sk92 and DEHF and Ness-Fow

Do we have any Falco slayers at all? I guess if Chu (Kirby) or Gimr (GaW) or Slik (GaW) then we could win against the Falcos. But those two Falcos are so above any other EC/Midwest/South Falco that I don't even know if it'd matter counterpicking characters.

Boss would probably be the one put in to verse ADHD since it's Luigi vs Diddy.

Who the hell would we put up against Ally and M2k?????

And for that matter someone who knows how to fight a Ness of Fow's caliber? If Marths semi-infinite on Ness is legal then Ness would be no problem, but is it legal or not?

And if Texas (South I assume) opts to use Samboner if he went it'd be a good Idea to use a Pikachu/Sheik/Ics for an easy win.

I'm just stating the likely people to verse depending on if they go to pound 4 and who to use.

Likely verdicts:
MidWest? No problem.
Nj/Ny, PA, NE? Tough time, but we will win most likely.
South? Us.
Wc? Them till further notice.
THIS MAN KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

i would only do this if you get a pool if our good players going. half the people you mentioned dont even play anymore chu. I wish azen, chillin, and omni would come back with them we could definitely pull it off.
I know Omni will be back for this. He and I are teaming for a future tournament so I know he'll still have his skills by then. Not to mention, the guy is smart. AND, this is Brawl, so it's easy to get back into this game.

Azen is still ***** AZEN. The guy is clutch. We could definitely use him as another "top player" to scare other regions and create a monster Top 10 list.

I'd like to be in the crew battle
Are you good for it?

ill be there!! in fact, im probably the only one of that entire list who has actually REGISTERED for pound 4!

im probably not good enough to be on the team (rofl who are we kidding yes i am) but its cool if im not. I can work better as a coach anyway and ill probably be busy running the tourney with jon.
Yea man, we could use ur help for this. Ur input is definitely necessary for this crew battle.

tant. i'll be brutally honest. i don't think you have the high level play experience needed to run the crew

chu forgets to include the guy he needed to handicap in mms XD

edit: Kage. If its 8 v 8, we're strong enough. anything more, probably not

1. meep
2. neo
3. P~S
4. Chu
5. Candy
6. Boss
7. June
June above Omni? Do u forget who Omni is? He used to dominate this region. He is still beastly at this game and he will prove it soon. Who do u think our alternates should be out of the list I provided?

No no no no, MD/VA won't win alone, combine with the Tristate like suggested, seriously. The fact that players who quit and have not even proven themselves in months are being suggested says it all. We don't have the strength to win alone currently.
Dude, come on, the only real retired players I would suggest to use for this crew battle are Omni and Azen. U know they are still good at this game. Plairnkk MIGHT be a possibility, just because he can clock out the time, but THAT'S IT.

id rather represent my own regional pride than team up with NJ, even if it is a guaranteed win. this tournament is IN MD/VA so we should have the advantage already (in the sense that most people entering this tournament will be md/va because of the location.)

if i remember crews rules correctly, if it's an 8 man team, we are allowed to have "alternates". that means we really have a team of like 12-13 people, and we can just pick who we want to put in depending on who we think our opponents will be.
This.

Yeah, u can put the blame on Inui. Inui thinks he can beat us. So, we have to prove him wrong and rub it in his face when we win. LOLZ. But seriously, us being on the same crew as NJ/NY would be too easy/not fun. I'd rather split our regions due to our regional pride.

Woah woah woah......I do NOT think we should be split up. Thos isn't about competing with the tristate, it's to embaressly rapeevery other region. we can compete with tristate whenever we want. Leave it for another time. Mdva and tristate should be state and should **** all with 20stocks remaining
Dude, I think the majority of the nation accepts that the East Coast is by far the best region. Lets rep our region to the best of our ability like at Apex!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, u can put the blame on Inui. Inui thinks he can beat us. So, we have to prove him wrong and rub it in his face when we win. LOLZ. But seriously, us being on the same crew as NJ/NY would be too easy/not fun. I'd rather split our regions due to our regional pride.
False. Please stop trying to destroy what little respect I still have for you, Daniel. I deal with enough bull**** already based on rumors/lies.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
wow, so far slik has the best list.

Chu no way should be left to lead this.

1. meep
2. neo
3. P~S
4. Chu
5. Candy
6. Boss
7. June

the eight spot should probably go to korn.

other than that, if ur not on the list dont kid urself u probably suck or are inactive. besides this list i can think of very very few people who id consider to be a challenge to this top 8.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
why is there talk of splitting? D: it'd be stupid, to have large grouping of regions such as South, WC, and MW, then having MD/VA on its own, separate from NE + Tristate.

i don't mind playing with Atlantic north in the crew battle, cause the only reason we're debating is because we have an amazing amount of good players up here/regional pride. its dumb.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
as for 8-10, my pick would be Azen, Forte/G-reg, Esoj. Again, I need more input on this. I'm still unsure.

June above Omni? Do u forget who Omni is? He used to dominate this region. He is still beastly at this game and he will prove it soon. Who do u think our alternates should be out of the list I provided?

Dude, come on, the only real retired players I would suggest to use for this crew battle are Omni and Azen. U know they are still good at this game. Plairnkk MIGHT be a possibility, just because he can clock out the time, but THAT'S IT.
I know a lot about other regions myself, unless you mofo's forgot who I is.

Greg, Forte and Jose have not been doing so hot lately and do not have the credibility of June right now who has been beasting at everything he's attended(recently beating NEO).. where as Jose recently lost to Sassy and Forte lost to Amon(who? exactly.) last month, Greg has beaten no one really good lately. You are kidding me if you think June won't be on the MD/VA crew IF we decide to actually split away. I am not being biased at all, I am stating facts. Azen just needs to commit and start playing more, make him play!

I remember who Omni WAS, you claim its easy to get back into Brawl if you were really good and **** after taking a long break but 2 or 3 weeks ago Plank MM'd Tant and lost, he's not even up for consideration IMO and proves the point I am making about Omni, his past accomplishments of over what 4 months ago hold no current weight, when he starts playing again and shows he has it then I'm all for him.

I want Korn on over any of them 3.

Stop living in the past and look at recent **** dude.
Chu im gonna choke you :laugh:

Let me be in the crew battle tho I'll do massive damage, I always do in crews
If you were active I'd support you 100%

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm

This is interesting...to split or not to split

Chu, the fact that you're still biased to ESOJ, G-reg, etc. would be even more of an issue. Sanoscy is like, 4-0 with G-reg? ESOJ hasn't had any really great tournaments recently. I'd like them to prove me wrong. Even Greg admitted he hasn't defeated anyone really good lately. Meanwhile, Takeover, Sanoscy, and Junebug continue to defeat good players and no one gives them credit.

I'm not sure who Takeover defeated at Kosha boy (other than June), but he got 5th, the highest of any MD/VA player other than candy who was also 5th. June beat Neo and Zucco and Went game 3 last hit with Shadow_111. Sanoscy at his last tournament defeated Ninjalink, G-reg, Takeover, Sin, and only lost to Mew2King (last stock) and Atomsk (Game 3 last hit) so I really don't know why his skill is doubted. I don't think I'm being biased at all.

I suggested a waiting period anyways before we made a decision, once the new PRs are decided our team will be much more formidable and easy to pick. These should be mostly results based, with only a few exceptions.

People Sanoscy has defeated at some point: Chu, June, Takeover, Boss, G-reg, Sin, HAT, Ninjalink...I could understand if you don't think that is impressive, but the next list is not me being biased at all...

People June has defeated at some point: Chu, Boss, Ninjalink, HAT, Neo, Kornn, ESOJ, P~S, Meep, Slikvik, Zucco, Hova, and many other mid/low level players.

Azen and Omni and Chillin need to get back active and place well if they want to be in the crew battle. June should be a lock...I don't know what you need to do to prove yourself if you've beaten everyone on that list...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i dont think we are going to split nor do i think we should split, but i'll put some input about this (which wont happend and shouldn't happen)

EE/Tant: this is not a PR. This is a crew battle. Inactivity doesnt mean anything. bad beats doesnt mean anything. This is who we think is going to do the best.

that being said. I say put omni in def. If he is willing to, i am sure in 3 weeks of practice he will easily do better than takeover and sanoscy, no offense to them. Junebug is def. in b/c ive seen him play and hes really good, but for sanoscy and takeover, i dont think so. IF azen practices for acouple weeks i say he'd be one of the alternatives

our list would be
1.candy
2.neo
3.chu
4.ps
5.meep
6.boss
7.june
8.omni

alternatives
1.azen
2.korn/forte

forte did lose at anan, around the same time he lost to inui's ike and atomsk's dk. who cares? it was clearly a point of time where he wasnt playing well. He just showed everyone that hes still good

Top Bottom