• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, you're not biased. Most of MD/VA is from my experiences. Like...everyone down there still thinks I'm bad no matter how many times they pay for my trips down there. :(

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The important question is why, if MD/VA does split, we are focusing on MD/VA vs Atlantic North and not MD/VA vs some other region...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@seagull
neo ***** falcos... hard

ChuDat
Meep
Neo
Junebug
Candy
P~S
Boss
Hat/gimr/slik vik/takeover
Where does Neo **** Falcos? Ec falcos are garbage compared to Wc falcos.

Edit: I know every good player from every region and can expect who will be on what crew for each time. I have matchups in my head. I know what beats what.

I actually know exactly who will be on WC crew because I talk with a former norcal PR person enough.

I realize I won't be asked about matchups and who beats who. I know a bunch of frame data off the top of my head. I know offline beasts and wifi gods.

^_^ but no one considers me knowledgeworthy so I'll sit back and watch.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
you should just all sit back and let cooters run everything.

where's hova to say "stfu you're all wrong MARIO KARTZ!? LETS GOES!"

seriously. having a coach isn't that big deal. if we're in the top 10, we most likely know OUR **** and know who's **** we can **** on. it ain't rocket science.

money match?

hova

Smash Champion
name search ftw

can me, omni, chillin, azen, plank, PC Chris, and recently Meep & Neo have an 'inactive' crew?

i mean... we hardly play the game so we won't be a threat to anyone

ChuDat

Smash Master
Tantalus should be the captain if there is an MD/VA crew.
Inui, your opinions are null and void here.

Omni said:
here's what needs to happen.

md/va's top 5 needs to sit down and say, "okay we're the best and ****. we know who's good and who's bad because we consistently play everyone. i think so-and-so should be on the list"

like for real chu, neo, meep, ps, and candy will have the best judgment for selecting whoever needs to be selected. everyone else is only giving their opinion based on what they see with results and what they speculate if they can't compete at that level. i mean if u cant compete at that level its hard to really gauge the skill level of other players if you don't see the small things that occur during a match

i dont see any problem with this and it sounds like a SMART idea.

oh, and for people arguing about players who have started doing well. i mean, thats cool but it's not about who beats who or who is starting to do well. its about constant consistency. chu loses to randoms all the time, but he consistently places Top 3 anytime he's not off. neo is just a consistent ****er. meep is meep. PS got his **** together. candy goes through phases and currently he is in a really good phase it seems.

everyone else is either inactive or just not consistent enough and that's why the list is still wavering.
QFT

I am FOR the split. Obviously.

Omni - Here's my final top 10 list. You, P~S, and Candy should give their input as well. Meep, I'd like to hear from you too. Lets come to an agreement on who should be on.

Top 10
1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Azen
5. Omni
6. Candy
7. P~S
8. Boss
9. Forte
10. G-Reg/Junebug

Regarding G-reg - I have faith that he would do well. He's a smart player. If he can get it together by Pound 4, he will most likely get this spot.

Regarding Junebug - I'm still uncertain with your skill level at this point, though Candy says that you are good. I have to play you at a future tournament before I make my decision. If I'm impressed, then you will get my vote.

Regarding Hat - Sorry man. I know u are good and u wrecked NJ last time they were here, but I still don't think you are on that "level" atm. Don't get me wrong, u are a smart player. I've played u many times and I've seen u play. U know a LOT of **** that people won't think about. We'll be needing that info from u and we need ur help for our statistics list.

We might NEED a Diddy Kong for this crew. I'm unsure on who Diddy Kong counters but I know Diddy might save our azz when we might need it. What characters does Diddy Kong counter? Who can we use Diddy against? Deez, Esoj, or Azen? ect..

-------------------------------------------------------

Tant - You should create a private group. Invite all the knowledgeable people that you know aka EE, Hat, Seagull, ect... You will be our Stat man. Gather as much information as possible from West Coast, South, Midwest, and NorthEast. We are going to need you for match-up knowledge, character weaknesses, character strengths, and things to watch out for. Find some bad habits for us :bee:.

People like Lil-B and JJvirus should be our cheerleaders. U guys should gather everyone and make sure MD/VA ***** **** at Pound 4 :chuckle:. Talk ****, move Ninja links chair, do whatever it takes to get us at the top. This is crucial and we need all of MD/VA to support us.

MD/VA is taking crews.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ word Lol
Regarding Junebug - I'm still uncertain with your skill level at this point

What is it going to take... he's out placed you the Summer Circuit Finals and Kosha boy, he's ****ing legit. I'll put up 10 for him to MM you this weekend at Deez event and you better do it, you're going to realize he's SSJ4.

People like Lil-B and JJvirus should be our cheerleaders. U guys should gather everyone and make sure MD/VA ***** **** at Pound 4 :chuckle:. Talk ****, move Ninja links chair, do whatever it takes to get us at the top. This is crucial and we need all of MD/VA to support us.
Win LOL

Omni

BRoomer
looks perfect.

i'd leave slot 10 open for june, hat, and greg. i really can't choose one over the other altho June i believe has been placing very well. i'd lean towards Junebug at the moment but have like these next few weeks decide who take thes pot. just to be sure would it be:

June: Lucario
Greg: Snake (OR JIGGLYPUFF!)
Hat: ....Snake? I'd want Hat for his DDD since we don't have a single DDD.

Omni

BRoomer
we should definitely consider having backups. anyone of the 10 could for whatever reason not make it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Inui, your opinions are null and void here.

QFT

I am FOR the split. Obviously.

Omni - Here's my final top 10 list. You, P~S, and Candy should give their input as well. Meep, I'd like to hear from you too. Lets come to an agreement on who should be on.

Top 10
1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Azen
5. Omni
6. Candy
7. P~S
8. Boss
9. Forte
10. G-Reg/Junebug

Regarding G-reg - I have faith that he would do well. He's a smart player. If he can get it together by Pound 4, he will most likely get this spot.

Regarding Junebug - I'm still uncertain with your skill level at this point, though Candy says that you are good. I have to play you at a future tournament before I make my decision. If I'm impressed, then you will get my vote.

Regarding Hat - Sorry man. I know u are good and u wrecked NJ last time they were here, but I still don't think you are on that "level" atm. Don't get me wrong, u are a smart player. I've played u many times and I've seen u play. U know a LOT of **** that people won't think about. We'll be needing that info from u and we need ur help for our statistics list.

We might NEED a Diddy Kong for this crew. I'm unsure on who Diddy Kong counters but I know Diddy might save our azz when we might need it. What characters does Diddy Kong counter? Who can we use Diddy against? Deez, Esoj, or Azen? ect..

Tant - You should create a private group. Invite all the knowledgeable people that you know aka EE, Hat, Seagull, ect... You will be our Stat man. Gather as much information as possible from West Coast, South, Midwest, and NorthEast. We are going to need you for match-up knowledge, character weaknesses, character strengths, and things to watch out for. Find some bad habits for us :bee:.

MD/VA is taking crews.
Chu you're forgetting about Sanoscy.

JJvirus should use his hair to form a message that says "MD/VA."

jjvirus

Smash Champion

MD/VA is taking crews.
I think this fits more Poyo than me considering I don't talk, but sure, I guess I'm down. XD

@Seagull, Try again. lol

ChuDat

Smash Master
^ word Lol

What is it going to take... he's out placed you the Summer Circuit Finals and Kosha boy, he's ****ing legit. I'll put up 10 for him to MM you this weekend at Deez event and you better do it, you're going to realize he's SSJ4.

Win LOL
June is good, there is not doubt about that. The last time I played him in teams, he didn't play so well. That's TEAMS though, so I can't really judge from that. I just don't have a good idea of how good he is yet. I need to play the guy.

looks perfect.

i'd leave slot 10 open for june, hat, and greg. i really can't choose one over the other altho June i believe has been placing very well. i'd lean towards Junebug at the moment but have like these next few weeks decide who take thes pot. just to be sure would it be:

June: Lucario
Greg: Snake (OR JIGGLYPUFF!)
Hat: ....Snake? I'd want Hat for his DDD since we don't have a single DDD.
Cool. June will get the spot then. If G-reg and Hat step it up in the next coming weeks, then the list might change.

Sanoscy is amazing, but I think that everyone else on the top 10 will be of more importance to use in crew battles. He barely didn't make the cut.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
If Thumbs still played this game, I might have considered him for Diddy Kong as well. Deez, Esoj, and Thumbs are pretty close in skill, but unfortunately are "extra weight" that we would have to carry if we don't use them properly.
Diddy kong just annoys people. their are lots of people who just dont understand the match up.

I can also double as a DDD and put me against warios or anyone that can be chain grab (except snake, i use diddy for him):chuckle:

meepxzero

Smash Master
you should reconsider putting hat on chu. I think we would be strong without any mks on our crew (whoops forgot about omni he can use mk lol). I feel iffy using forte or sanoscy because a lot of the top players on every top region has a good anti mk game and none of our mks are at the level of m2k/dojo/anti.

I have no idea if we have to reveal our chars when we play, but he would be a good wild card because he plays so many chars.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm recording AND streaming Pound 4 brawl crews, unless I can help TKO with fixing his Dazzle-in-HD problem

And...most mods on this site are respectful, I really doubt they'll abuse that privilege.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Mods are people too. I highly doubt they all resist the temptation to peek into private groups.

Maybe it's not even that important anyway, though. If it is some top secret **** I don't think you guys should be discussing it here.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
you should reconsider putting hat on chu. I think we would be strong without any mks on our crew (whoops forgot about omni he can use mk lol). I feel iffy using forte or sanoscy because a lot of the top players on every top region has a good anti mk game and none of our mks are at the level of m2k/dojo/anti.

I have no idea if we have to reveal our chars when we play, but he would be a good wild card because he plays so many chars.
I'd say use Hat for his D3. What else are we going to do for Ally and Razer? Maybe more Razer than Ally, but I still think we need a D3/something to take care of Snake.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Well if youre going to talk about match ups and crap like that I link you should take June over everyone else.

Like really. He has been placing high as hell and if you deny his skill in the game then thats just ignorance. His Lucario and DK are up to par (his MK can use work but whatever who needs it)

But then I start to think on the HAT subject. HAT plays so many different characters so good. So he could be something to throw out there on that odd ball match up.

Its pretty close between HAT and June but I'd go with June since there are like...only 3 Lucarios even playing this game still. lol.

Edit: I wish you motha ****ers would give Takeover some respect and atleast mention him. Jesus Christ. I know you guys already have a Snake so two isnt needed but ****.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
I'd say use Hat for his D3. What else are we going to do for Ally and Razer? Maybe more Razer than Ally, but I still think we need a D3/something to take care of Snake.
D3 doesnt counter snakes!!!!! though if u guys want a snake counter no one in this region has more snake practice or knows the match up like me.

Well if youre going to talk about match ups and crap like that I link you should take June over everyone else.

Like really. He has been placing high as hell and if you deny his skill in the game then thats just ignorance. His Lucario and DK are up to par (his MK can use work but whatever who needs it)

But then I start to think on the HAT subject. HAT plays so many different characters so good. So he could be something to throw out there on that odd ball match up.

Its pretty close between HAT and June but I'd go with June since there are like...only 3 Lucarios even playing this game still. lol.
June> Hat

being serious here: has hat ever placed top 3 in a singles tourney????:dizzy:

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Recently? Ehh i don't think he has. June is pretty consistent now so he has my vote. And if Zucco (if they use him.) gets brought out in a crew battle then send out June since he excels in the Lucario ditto lol.

Im still not sure if im for or against a split but it really doesnt matter does it?

I just hope MD/VA Cockiness...OR should i say Pride.. Doesn't get in the way when it is time to really play. *shrug*

Also Seagull has a point. Have we seen Neo **** any falcos? We're talking about Larry here. Pierce supposedly **** falcos but somehow at Genesis he just got wrecked by him in the crew battle. And then you have this little gimmick **** Ness. I don't think he will be that much of a problem lol.

And who will you use for Ninjalink's Icees? June?

Coney

Smash Master
D3 doesnt counter snakes!!!!! though if u guys want a snake counter no one in this region has more snake practice or knows the match up like me.
honestly, no DDD in this region is strong enough to take out the top-level snakes. the matchup is considerably more even than people think, and we just don't have any top-placing DDD players around here. it's true that DDD can handle snake better than most chars, but...i don't think we have one of strong enough caliber, at least not now.

if you're going to use HAT, use him as a wildcard, considering he's significantly talented with a good number of the cast. don't use him just for his DDD, and especially don't use him just for his DDD against snake.

Zucco

Smash Master
As if I would do the Ditto again after the BS! send in June on me, ill just go Falco or Snake and camp like a gay.

Doubt im being used anyway.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Rofl I knew Zucco would come in <3

Falco or Snake. lol. Well we dont have any Falcos out here so go for it. I don't know why they wouldnt use you anyway. I wish the East Coast had a **** Larry.

Anyway Hat would be a nice weapon to use. This dude is literally good with half the cast. Not many people are like that. And he can play them at a competitive level.

Top Bottom