• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
when I go to Sector B this weekend you'll know why I deserve to be in top 8

BTW chu I play waaaaaaay more characters then Ice Climbers.(remember my Ness vs your Kirby?)

I have true counter picking potential

I've picked up Falco again and it's just like riding a bike, except it's been 4 months so my falco is a lot better

I have a really good peach too

So right now I have:

Ice Climbers
Falco
G&W
Peach
Ness(LOL)

I'm really good with ALL of them

but I guess you'll just have to see this weekend ;)

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
i love how this thread has become an auditioning thread for the POSSIBLE last spot in the crew battles. lol. everyone wants to represent so good **** all. Everyone (including me =) ) has about a month to show what theyre made of, including some pros.

Deez.

Smash Lord
If you need a Diddy Kong why not me? I honestly think my Diddy is better then ESOJ now.. but thats just my opinion though.. Doesn't matter though to many people hate me in md/va so im sure if we voted ESOJ would get picked before me lol

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
If you need a Diddy Kong why not me? I honestly think my Diddy is better then ESOJ now.. but thats just my opinion though.. Doesn't matter though to many people hate me in md/va so im sure if we voted ESOJ would get picked before me lol
its not that people dislike you, they dislike ur and ur brothers cockiness. and before u say ur not ur always going around saying "id **** ####", "I'm better than ####", "I only lost to #### cause i wasnt trying", etc.

Coney

Smash Master
its not that people dislike you, they dislike ur and ur brothers cockiness. and before u say ur not ur always going around saying "id **** ####", "I'm better than ####", "I only lost to #### cause i wasnt trying", etc.
it's not even that, it's more that you have the bizarre need to put some kind of self-skill qualification onto every single thing you ever say

"i'm a better diddy but people don't like me so that's why i wouldn't get picked, OH WELL"

"boss and i didn't do so hot in teams on saturday but people will say he just carried me anyway, OH WELL"

"this guy beat me but i wasn't trying so i'm still better, OH WELL"

rather than sit back and let others decide whether you're good or not, you simply posit that you are regardless of placings, reputation or accomplishment, and you use the whole "I'M THE WORST SMASHER IN MD/VA" as an easy cop-out to refer back to when you get called out on it, which never really happens because nobody ever really cares all that much.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I know my opinion means next to nothing, but we should not split.

I think it would make us look like a bunch of *****es.

So Snack Attack votes for: MD/VA crew with Tant as coach.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean...

You at least have to make an effort to make an argument, SnackAttack. Your opinion will never mean anything unless you provide some sense and logic behind it and attempt to be persuasive.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
i think its selfish that we split from atlantic north when everyone else consists of huge, set groupings of states.

and we're splitting just to prove somethin. we aint provin nothin except our pride.

thats why i think we shouldn't have split, but i bet everyone has cons for the anti-split argument as well. idk, i just thought it was wrong.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I don't know why MD/VA expects to win against oh say, the South. CO18, Dojo, GNES, Lee Martin, Razer, Seibrik.... those 6 alone are always top 3 and have never quit nor taken a break and we are banking on bringing back Azen and Chillin to give us some sort of edge? It's like 20/80 chance we win. I am still against the split but I'll help MD/VA with a good strategy if we do.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Okay, I will.

I do not think a split should happen. I do not think this because....one, we are good enough as a region (In my opinion) to do damage. Two, splitting would do what? Other than making it much, much easier it would only say that MD/VA needs NY/NJ to do anything.

As for other suggestions, IE Chu's idea to be captain and Candy/PS/Neo be co-captains, I just don't see how it would work; no offense towards them of course, but I feel as though it might split their attention in a negative matter. I know that I for one would get mind****ed if I were to try and coach AND play at the same time (This has happened before when I played Halo, and any sport.)

Now for why I think Tant should coach and/or be the captain of an MD/VA crew is this: One, he knows weaknesses of a lot of players and regions. Two, he's just an all-around smart dude. Three, all the players in said crew can just focus on their matches.

So yeah, that's it. I'm sorry if it sucks....but it's just my two-cents.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Finally, some people speak up!

Anyways, I've been really quiet about this issue the past couple days. People still have this old mindset of disregarding new players and their talents.

Chu didn't even want June on the team until Candy vouched for him...instead he proposed G-reg...

G-reg and Chillin? Come on guys, this isn't 08 anymore. G-reg and Chillin are great players, but Really? How many times does sanoscy have to place top 5 to be recognized? How many times does Takeover have to beat yet another good player to make an impact? How many top players in the entire region can june add to his win list and still not get credit?

Chillin and G-reg and Azen and others were great in their time. To ask them to A. Come back and get back serious into brawl and B. become amazing again in a month is literally too much to ask of anyone. Even though they have natural talent. Chu said I was being biased, but he's the one with favortism here.

The whole crew battle thing is depressing. I don't want to help anyone who's prideful as **** and just wants to beat Inui.

I'd rather see us come in full force and dominate. As a true coach, I prefer whatever option gives us the best chance to win. I like a lot of non-Md/VA Atl. North. I'm friends with almost the entire NJ/NY region. The original idea of having Inui and I as co-captains is a great idea. This brings our region together in new amazing ways and gives us all an amazing chance at winning.

The top players still insist they don't need coaching and don't need a strategy, their strategies are so simple and WILL be countered. I'd have to write an essay on explaining why.

Come on now guys...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Me + Tantalus leading the entire Atlantic North = us winning every battle with like 2 people left over. If MD/VA can accept me as a captain and actually listen to me, I'm all for it.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Scott, I know more about other regions then you. If anything, I should be the co captain. :)

Being a TO =/= knowing more about other regions

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
plz md va and nj/ny/ne team up. just this once to prove we are the best region in the world. we got this mannn

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Are you serious or joking

stop confusing me
u r making it sound like the captains job is sssssoooooooooooo important. basicaly the only thing that needs to be thought of is who is brought out first. after that every time u need to bring someone in, u look at who u have left, who they have left, what character everyone is playing and u try to set it up in a way that gives ur side the advantage. It is NOT rocket science. Also most players in the crew know bout the best players in other regions and which ones would make it in their crews. im sure u would make a fine captain but so would quite a bit of other smashers. When its all said and done the captain wont be doing much, the players will talk amongst themselves thinking who should go in at what time.

Also i propose at this tourney this weekend or whenever we do mini crewbattles just for fun cause crew battles are always a lot of fun!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm very serious Tant, its not that hard to use common sense if you know a lot about other regions and I do, its true.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Really glad to see you guys speaking up.

i think its selfish that we split from atlantic north when everyone else consists of huge, set groupings of states.

and we're splitting just to prove somethin. we aint provin nothin except our pride.

thats why i think we shouldn't have split, but i bet everyone has cons for the anti-split argument as well. idk, i just thought it was wrong.
I can't argue with what you believe in, June. You're not wrong at all in your thoughts.

The thing is that MD/VA has always been about pride since the beginning. During the Melee days MD/VA had the largest amount of talented players absorbed in two regions. We represented ourselves: Wife, Husband, Tope, Doll, H2YL, Plank, Chinesah, Aho, Boss, etc. etc. the list went on forever on how large and talented the family was. MD/VA is a house and is and always will be a separate entity.

There's no reason to joint-compete with NY/NJ. We have been AGAINST NY/NJ since the beginning and nothing about that should change. It's healthy. Pride isn't a bad thing. It just depends on who you want to represent and what is more important to you:

1.) Going to Pound 4 and representing East Coast or
2.) Going to Pound 4 and represent MD/VA

I'll be frank. **** NY/NJ. I love those guys but my heart stays with MD/VA.

I don't know why MD/VA expects to win against oh say, the South. CO18, Dojo, GNES, Lee Martin, Razer, Seibrik.... those 6 alone are always top 3 and have never quit nor taken a break and we are banking on bringing back Azen and Chillin to give us some sort of edge? It's like 20/80 chance we win. I am still against the split but I'll help MD/VA with a good strategy if we do.
It's not about just winning. It IS about our pride and representation. You can't deny that MD/VA has always been filled with cocky *** prideful *******s that bash on other regions and praise ourselves all day. Every region will define us by that nature. And that's cool because that's what makes us so full of epic.

We can throw out names from every region, but regardless of stats and ****, we're still ****ing MD/VA and I -DO- think upholding our pride is important since it is a major part of who we are.

Okay, I will.

I do not think a split should happen. I do not think this because....one, we are good enough as a region (In my opinion) to do damage. Two, splitting would do what? Other than making it much, much easier it would only say that MD/VA needs NY/NJ to do anything.

As for other suggestions, IE Chu's idea to be captain and Candy/PS/Neo be co-captains, I just don't see how it would work; no offense towards them of course, but I feel as though it might split their attention in a negative matter. I know that I for one would get mind****ed if I were to try and coach AND play at the same time (This has happened before when I played Halo, and any sport.)

Now for why I think Tant should coach and/or be the captain of an MD/VA crew is this: One, he knows weaknesses of a lot of players and regions. Two, he's just an all-around smart dude. Three, all the players in said crew can just focus on their matches.

So yeah, that's it. I'm sorry if it sucks....but it's just my two-cents.
I agree with you. Our list isn't a super powerhouse list. ****s mad gay.

But that's fine, dude. That gives MD/VA more incentive to train our butts off before Pound 4 and prove that we can make an impact let alone take the Crew Battles. Ya' know?

About Chu being Captain, well, you don't need to worry about that. Chu has been captain in plenty of crew battles since early Melee days. If it wasn't him then it was Wife and we always performed well. Chu being mind****ed is the least of your worries and regardless PS/Neo and hell everyone in MD/VA will make sure we done good. Captain is just a title; we're ultimately going to be collaborating with each other in order to make the best decisions and the best plays.

And no offense to Tant but I don't think the majority of the players are comfortable with him taking that position. That ALONE makes it a bad idea for Tant to be captain regardless if he is qualified.

I'll address Tant's post in another post. But seriously, nobody here is wrong. It just depends on what you believe in and what you want to represent. We either agree or disagree.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
The Captain/Co-captains Job expands much farther than who goes first. He/They would have to know the opposing teams mains/secondaries and how well they do against His/Their teams match up. Just knowing that Character A supposedly counters Character B isn't enough, they can be the guiding voice on how well a certain individual does against other characters, how well they do under pressure and their habits in a matchup.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
The Captain/Co-captains Job expands much farther than who goes first. He/They would have to know the opposing teams mains/secondaries and how well they do against His/Their teams match up. Just knowing that Character A supposedly counters Character B isn't enough, they can be the guiding voice on how well a certain individual does against other characters, how well they do under pressure and their habits in a matchup.
first of all in the beginning of a crew battle every player has to say what character theyre going to use in the crew battle so no u dont have to memorize their primaries or secondaries. pressure and habits dont matter b/c if someone is gonna be under pressure during a crew battle they will do so no matter who they are up against. Ex: I hear marths **** falcos, if team b puts in a falco and we decide to put in neo, we assume that the falco is a good player (or else he wouldnt be in the crew) though we also kno neo is very good so we got 2 good players going at it with neo having the advantage. thats just about as good as u can get. granted there r other things like after neos done with the bird, who will they send out against neo and can we counter that guy too afterwards. as i said this **** aint rocket science.

Top Bottom