• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Zucco

Smash Master
Rofl I knew Zucco would come in <3

Falco or Snake. lol. Well we dont have any Falcos out here so go for it. I don't know why they wouldnt use you anyway.
because we have more then enough to not need me I guess. I would be nervous of letting the crew down anyway:embarrass

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
honestly, no DDD in this region is strong enough to take out the top-level snakes. the matchup is considerably more even than people think, and we just don't have any top-placing DDD players around here. it's true that DDD can handle snake better than most chars, but...i don't think we have one of strong enough caliber, at least not now.

if you're going to use HAT, use him as a wildcard, considering he's significantly talented with a good number of the cast. don't use him just for his DDD, and especially don't use him just for his DDD against snake.
I actually said ealier that i use diddy against snake not DDD. Also I said that D3 doesnt counter snake. Snake is the fav to win vs ddd, if the snake knows what hes doing. the ddd would probably get wrecked.

As for hat, ya he plays multiple chars but so do lots of people. most people just like playing their mains for tourneys. like i said, Someone please show me a list of tournies where hats actually placed top 3 and there was good competition at the tourney. I say pick someone with a solid main or 2 mains top that can be used more as a counter for a particular char that will prob be seen on every crew.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
You talk like Hat isnt good but recently he has been stepping it up.

You can say some **** like "Post tournies where boss has made top 3 recently yada yada" but we all know most of the time he is sandbagging his *** off so he will be on regardless.

People can perform better in crews than in tournies. Hat beat NJ at the Championship anyway. This dude stays working to get better and just get overlooked like shiiii. lol.

Like i said. It would be nice to have a wild card in these kind of things. And yea other people play alot of characters (i dont know anyone in this region other than HAT who does) but they dont play them at a competitive level so thats why they do not use them.

Instead of talking about this, play the dude yourself and see if he should get on. Thats the only way. Determine his skill on your own. I've played him alot to know he has been improving alot. Leaving him out without a mention was sum bull. You cant pick a solid cp on a guy who plays more than 5 characters now can you?

Coney

Smash Master
I actually said ealier that i use diddy against snake not DDD. Also I said that D3 doesnt counter snake. Snake is the fav to win vs ddd, if the snake knows what hes doing. the ddd would probably get wrecked.

As for hat, ya he plays multiple chars but so do lots of people. most people just like playing their mains for tourneys. like i said, Someone please show me a list of tournies where hats actually placed top 3 and there was good competition at the tourney. I say pick someone with a solid main or 2 mains top that can be used more as a counter for a particular char that will prob be seen on every crew.
i know, i read that. i was agreeing with you, hombre. i'm not good enough to make any important decisions, i'm just saying if you're going to use someone like HAT, don't use him for character A to counter character B, when character B can potentially eat character A alive.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
<--- destroyed DSF (altho he learned after 4 lost MM sets how to gay me) when he first came down and has never lost to Candy. i also play Greg all the time.

altho i almost lost to Hat's Snake in tourny using DDD. O_O man he was playing so good

g-regulate

Smash Hero
omni you dont have anything to prove dude, not putting you on the team would be a stupid move.

i actually played brawl all day yesterday just because i was excited for crew battles! theres nothing more fun..... except in brawl, where theres hardcore camping and timing out issues

Omni

BRoomer
yay @ greg playing again.

cooter fest thursday or friday night? lets goez?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Greg what did you think about the Pit you played? He's a guy I've been training, o and I think he played you with link too on Yoshis

his name is Pitzr
his pit showed me lots of new tricks! didnt know he could be that tricky. just goes to show how much this game can evolve if you dont pay attention.

steve ill rock a cooterfest friday, tourney saturday? im prlly gonna go

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
You talk like Hat isnt good but recently he has been stepping it up.

You can say some **** like "Post tournies where boss has made top 3 recently yada yada" but we all know most of the time he is sandbagging his *** off so he will be on regardless.

People can perform better in crews than in tournies. Hat beat NJ at the Championship anyway. This dude stays working to get better and just get overlooked like shiiii. lol.

Like i said. It would be nice to have a wild card in these kind of things. And yea other people play alot of characters (i dont know anyone in this region other than HAT who does) but they dont play them at a competitive level so thats why they do not use them.

Instead of talking about this, play the dude yourself and see if he should get on. Thats the only way. Determine his skill on your own. I've played him alot to know he has been improving alot. Leaving him out without a mention was sum bull. You cant pick a solid cp on a guy who plays more than 5 characters now can you?
Their are many characters that people can use at competitive level just cause u dont know any dont mean they dont exsist. Myself i can play diddy ddd, ic(decent enough), and mk at comp level. hell at chus last biweekly i prob went about 5 diff chars through out singles. I just use diddy even in bad matchups cause i love my lil monkey. I dont think hats bad at all i just dont necessarily think he deserves the 10th spot. And i've played that dude MANY times in tournies, ive seen him improve majorly, him and i go back and forth in tourney wins but overall i know i have won more times. once again i dont think hes a bad player i just believe we need someone with 1 main. in crew battles, every person has to declare who theyre using before the tourney starts, so he cant just randomly pick a char when needed.

i know, i read that. i was agreeing with you, hombre. i'm not good enough to make any important decisions, i'm just saying if you're going to use someone like HAT, don't use him for character A to counter character B, when character B can potentially eat character A alive.
coo baby just making sure and i agree with u fully.:bee:

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Hmmm. True I suppose. I forgot about having to choose a character. That kinda takes off Hat's edge alittle. I dunno. June is a solid to be in though.
i agree that june should be a def, that is if his parents let him go.:urg:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Rofl I knew Zucco would come in <3

Falco or Snake. lol. Well we dont have any Falcos out here so go for it. I don't know why they wouldnt use you anyway. I wish the East Coast had a **** Larry.

Anyway Hat would be a nice weapon to use. This dude is literally good with half the cast. Not many people are like that. And he can play them at a competitive level.
Not a Larry or Sk, but Kismet is very good and probably above every other Falco on the Ec. Too bad he is Georgia and deemed south region.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
The point Shado is trying to make is that HAT can be used for utility, making him a good last pick for the crew list. Think of it in terms of Yugioh (because I know **** well 90% of you ****ers have played it.)

You can't play at a competitive level without a side deck. Well... the side deck is usually 2-3 copies of 5-7 cards, no? Let's translate that into Brawl: who here can confidently claim they play 5-7 different characters in tourney?

I'm not saying people can't play different characters. But let's be honest, when's the last time you've played a character other than your main/secondary in tourney? Probably never. HAT, whether for his indifference, stupidity or his noticeable signs of ADD (<3) can use MK, DK, D3, Snake, ZSS, Kirby and Wario effectively... and chooses to switch on a **** whim, not because of a bad MU.

I can't think of anyone other than NL who can claim that. Hat literally is the Magical Hats card in MD/VA, and no other can attest to this feat.

As for the crew battle rules, I'm pretty sure you send in the player only and they announce their character from there. I could be wrong (Tant, fix me on this.) You also can only switch if they choose to stage counterpick you instead of go random on neutrals.

With this said, if Hat goes D3 (which he doesn't have to, his Snake is up to par) and they attempt to stage counterpick, he can easily switch characters. Although if they put in a MK main, MK ***** D3 with no timer and gayness at full capacity. So... again, Hat is for utility only.

I would also have to say denying Junebug a spot on the crew list is the most idiotic and ignorant choice you could make. Honestly? Not only has his skill been proven, but for god's sake you're going to deny a high-level Lucario main in a crew battle? Lucario's character design was built for crews. There are fewer scenarios where sending in June would be a bad idea compared to being a good one. You'd be showing clear favoritism towards another player to not include June.

I would place June on the list over Hat. But I would drop Forte for Hat as well (nothing against Forte.) The reasoning being Hat can use MK almost as effectively as Forte, while bringing more to the table because of his other characters.

Final List (in order of importance... IMO)
1) Candy
2) Omni
3) Meep
4) Neo
5) Junebug
6) Chudat
7) Boss
8) PS

And for Utility:
9) Hat
10) G-reg

Why G-reg over Forte/Azen? Forte is a great MK, but there are better MKs out there, not to mention everyone knows the MK MU. And since now it's only MD/VA, it's not too hard to tell what the MK playstyle/metagame is like here. Azen is a great player, but when he's out of practice, it really does show. And not only would he have to start practicing now, but he would need to learn a bunch of MUs (because believe it or not, things do change in Brawl) or he will get ****ed just like in the circuit finals. Finally, G-reg plays Snake and Jiggly... Snake is a beast in crews and Jiggly can play as a wild card if they do not know the MU.

If Azen can truly step it up and show it (in upcoming tournaments), then sub him for Junebug. Otherwise, there is no reason whatsoever to include him over June.

As for why I haven't mentioned Takeover, he's a great player but can be a tad inconsistent which very slightly tips the scales in G-reg's favor. I'm not being bias here (he's my crew mate after all.) I would advise G-reg over Takeover if you're looking for a 2nd Snake.

And unless people skyrocket in power levels within the next month, I don't see this list changing.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
thanks no IDea for the love, but i need to step it up and play if i wanna be on the team. I've played in like a million crew battles and have proven to be a clutch player, i can handle the crowd and the pressure involved. but i really need to step up my game, i.e. play every day again if i wanna be in the mix. i doubt id use jiggly rofl

Nilik

Smash Cadet
greg you should also be in it. i saw you vs ally. you were doing great.

but i don't see why people do not want sano in it

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
If you're looking for a 2nd MK over a 2nd Snake, then Sano over G-reg. But honestly, I think a 2nd Snake would prove better for a crew battle. Everyone knows how to play against a MK and there isn't much variation among them. Snake on the other hand is a powerhouse in teams, simply because he is more apt to get the first kill if the opponent doesn't understand how the Snake plays fast enough.

Not to mention a couple players on that list can go MK if they choose to, eliminating the need for another MK main.

But that's just preference. I could totally see adding a 2nd MK main as being beneficial. Leave it up to the others I guess. Although Sano would then have to compete with Forte for the spot. Not sure how the two would compare...

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Forte isn't going to Pound according to k9. We are discussing all this in the private group, you guys need not worry.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Above all, we need powerhouses guys. We need people who are overall amazing at this game. We have to build on this or else we don't stand a chance against Tri-state.

Once all powerhouses are picked and we can't decide who the extra alternates should be, I propose that we put in ESOJ and one other.

Here is our current top 8 -
1. ChuDat
2. Meep
3. Neo
4. Omni
5. Candy
6. Junebug
7. P~S
8. Boss

THESE GUYS ARE LOCKED IN NO MATTER WHAT.

Our alternates will be -
9. ESOJ - We NEED a Diddy Kong
10. Azen/G-reg/Sanoscy/Korn/GIMR

----------------------------------------
Azen - He is smart as hell. All of you guys know who he is. As of right now, I don't think he will be a good addition since he hasn't been playing so well recently. If he steps it up, then he will get the spot.

G-Reg - Another overall smart player. Just like Azen, he hasn't been doing so well. As of now, he's not going to be on the team. If he steps it up in the next few weeks, we'll have an amazing Snake player to add to our team.

Sanoscy - Overall brutal Metaknight.

Korn - Overall smart Metaknight. Can camp. Keep in mind that Metaknight counters every character in this game (or at LEAST goes even). Metaknight is also especially good for counter pick stages like Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, ect..

GIMR - He plays Ice Climbers.
-----------------------------------------

Regarding Hat, AGAIN,
He isn't going to be on the team. I'm sorry. He isn't an overall beast like the rest of the team. Apparently, all he has going for him is his "wild card" potential. We don't need wild cards. It's risky, especially since we are fighting f****** tri-state + Ally. His DDD and Snake is going to get *****. We don't need him for Atomsk or Inui either since the majority of this team could beat them anyway. If we need DDD, then we'll use Omni, Candy, Meep, or Azen/Korn (provided they are on the team).

Don't worry about Falcos - I'll be taking them.

So start voting for our possible alternate. Again, the choices are Azen, G-reg, Sanoscy, Korn, and GIMR.

My vote goes to Azen just because he is still f****** Azen haha.

Omni

BRoomer
I forgot how powerful MD/VA really is especially if me, Chillin, Azen, and Plank were still active.

I can't choose between Korn and Sano. AHHH, but I'd have to choose Korn because he just has more experience with Smash and performs well under pressure. I watched his match with Snakee and he played very smart (but he still lost) but I was impressed.

Man, Azen is Azen. He mind****s people. His name is Azen. Like... he has the Azen factor: people will be scared to play that who is known as Azen. He just hasn't been playing but I know if he got into it again for this month he'd be fine. Brawl does not take a long time to pick-up. I mean, remember when me and Chillin went on a hiatus for like a month or so then came back and we both get top 3. I still think the same would happen if we both came into the scene except now we'd have to deal with MEEP! but you get my point.

Uhm... hm.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I say either Korn or Sano. Azen over both of them if steps it up these next few weeks, but as for now, I'd like Korn or Sano, leaning more towards Korn.

Omni pretty much said everything else that needed to be said.

Top Bottom