• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
nmv the rest, too lazy

This is why we need to be with the tristate, we have like 4 solid top players who are hands down the best in MD/VA, lets get them in with the tristate for the best team possible.

HAT

Smash Ace
keep in mind

some of md/va beats other people from md/va then is full of squander out-of-state

i.e.

meep (sometimes. probably sleep deprivation based)
chu (sometimes. no idea what would cause random losses)
p~s (often)

also, i dont really even remember too well, but i think the last time omni went out of state he got wrecked. its probably because other regions know how to handle shielding metaknights

i'm quite offended that i'm not even considered for this crew battle. i had finally proven myself worthy months ago, and ya'll are ignoring me. **** that.

and i think md/va should be its own crew. wtf? why would we combine with gay-*** new jersey (no offense, but you guys play like ******s)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i mean, does md/va have a better mk than me besides NEO? korn doesnt count cuz he never wants to enter ****.

the question isn't if i can play at the level i did 4 months ago. the question is did you guys get good enough to beat my MK at where it was 4 months ago. biggest players ive seen step it up is Junebug, PS, and Sanocsy. im still waiting for Candy, Slik, and Hat to go SSJ 2. chu neo and meep are still sitting on the SSJ 4 throne relaxin and eatin senzu beans

omg i miss you guys so much. :(

Omni

BRoomer
the last time i went out of state i lost to M2K and Ninjalink and got 4th place in Connecticut.

the ONLY OOS'ers i have EVER lost to is Ninjalink and Atomsk. that is it, lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You haven't got a clue if you're using kornn/forte over takeover/sanoscy

Sorry guy

I'd looooove to have an in practice azen over anyone, ill talk to him tonight and see if he's good for it.

Takeover would be the last flex spot, we need 2 snakes minimum

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i mean, does md/va have a better mk than me besides NEO? korn doesnt count cuz he never wants to enter ****.

the question isn't if i can play at the level i did 4 months ago. the question is did you guys get good enough to beat my MK at where it was 4 months ago. biggest players ive seen step it up is Junebug, PS, and Sanocsy. im still waiting for Candy, Slik, and Hat to go SSJ 2. chu neo and meep are still sitting on the SSJ 4 throne relaxin and eatin senzu beans

omg i miss you guys so much. :(
ummm....im not sure what your talking about??
havent lost to anyone in md/va for 3 weeks...placed the highest out of all of us oos, and beat meep chu and PS recently.
ive already stepped it up. the question is when will YOU step it up to SSJ1

You haven't got a clue if you're using kornn/forte over takeover/sanoscy

Sorry guy

I'd looooove to have an in practice azen over anyone, ill talk to him tonight and see if he's good for it.

Takeover would be the last flex spot, we need 2 snakes minimum
from what ive seen from the PR discussion and in judgements in general you are usually pretty off, and i am not the only person that has noticed that

if we split off (which doubtfully) i would not feel confortable you leading md/va. i would rather have a group, which if you want are welcome to be in, but would also consist of me chu neo and ps

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Korn? No way, he enters nothing in the singles department, he entered one singles tourny at Chu's like two weeks ago and lost to Takeover who has been doing great, see his 5th at Kosha boy. Sano would be a better pick IMO, cause the tourny he entered was c3(3 weeks ago) and he got 4th, taking out strong players like Takeover and NL.
that was one out of the few times that I did bad in tourneys... since I start playing Brawl
I didn't enter singles that much, it doesn't mean I'll lose to people like Takeover all the time

you/tant ride on sanoscy+takeover way too much
think more, buddy

it's dumb when I lose to one decent player = big deal

leave me alone for god sake.. rofl
like what I said to Phil above

you shouldn't even be mention because you don't play..
and now you're trying to come back

ChuDat
Meep
Neo
Junebug
Candy
P~S
Boss
Hat/gimr/slik vik/takeover
lol @ no.8 list.......

Lobos

Smash Master
lol I love how 1 win over someone makes that player better......last I check the results go back and forth between people.....****ing idiots

The pr panelists are a joke gtfo.

Lukky is the best MK in MD/VA LMAO....

meep yes the spectator fee is $10 for all 3 days

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Yeah, u can put the blame on Inui. Inui thinks he can beat us. So, we have to prove him wrong and rub it in his face when we win. LOLZ. But seriously, us being on the same crew as NJ/NY would be too easy/not fun. I'd rather split our regions due to our regional pride.
False. Please stop trying to destroy what little respect I still have for you, Daniel. I deal with enough bull**** already based on rumors/lies.
....wut?

It's not really my fault. MD/VA's regional pride is probably the biggest factor.

I am...in favor of splitting up, actually. I think Tristate/New England can win on its own, and I think MD/VA will do just fine.
This. Stop worrying about your reputation. Rumors/lies? Lol, get a hold of yourself. You're not that popular. You clearly think MD/VA can't beat tristate, Chu points out and you take it personally. Go figure.

and i think md/va should be its own crew. wtf? why would we combine with gay-*** new jersey (no offense, but you guys play like ******s)
And this is why Hat is awesome.

Right then, it's clear that MD/VA splitting from Atlantic North is a viable option. But for god's sake, can you guys decide? I see a definite no from Candy, EE and June, a definite yes from Slik and Hat, everyone else is like "MAYBE..." It's not only us that needs to be sure, Tristate and NE need to know as well so they can prepare accordingly if we split or not.

Also, going out on a limb here, but don't rely on Neo's vote. Honestly, I think he'll rep whatever outcome there will be and doesn't care regardless. (If I'm reading you wrong dude, say something.) That leaves Chu and the others to say yes or no.

As for who the crew should be in particular, I'll give my two cents once it's been decided that we're splitting or not. TBH, it's a rather obvious choice as to who should be on and who shouldn't, I don't see why you're all arguing over that. The fact that half of you haven't considered HAT on the crew list, despite MD/VA desperately needing a smart D3 player, shows how blind/bias some of you are. (Not Chu, he did it on purpose =.=)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Edit: nvm Korn should be on thinking about it, he's an MK, a semi oldy player so the pressure won't bother him as much and he's clearly still good, he just had an off day or so at Chu's but takeoever is good so its not like he lost to anyone bad, you got my support, Cafe <333

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
and lol I don't even want to arguing with Tant's posts
Tant's logic just *face palm* as always.. :/

I'm glad that we not going to follow with it

edit: ..it's lovely that I never have any supporters but the Originals, because those peeps play me a lot/know me well..
I'll take that as a handicap lol

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i put hat on my list kindaish, but yea a DDD would be good.
and i'm in favor of the split, too much pride... and us playing tri-state + new england in the finals will show that the east coast is amazing and i think md/va can pull through actually

Omni

BRoomer
here's what needs to happen.

md/va's top 5 needs to sit down and say, "okay we're the best and ****. we know who's good and who's bad because we consistently play everyone. i think so-and-so should be on the list"

like for real chu, neo, meep, ps, and candy will have the best judgment for selecting whoever needs to be selected. everyone else is only giving their opinion based on what they see with results and what they speculate if they can't compete at that level. i mean if u cant compete at that level its hard to really gauge the skill level of other players if you don't see the small things that occur during a match

i dont see any problem with this and it sounds like a SMART idea.

oh, and for people arguing about players who have started doing well. i mean, thats cool but it's not about who beats who or who is starting to do well. its about constant consistency. chu loses to randoms all the time, but he consistently places Top 3 anytime he's not off. neo is just a consistent ****er. meep is meep. PS got his **** together. candy goes through phases and currently he is in a really good phase it seems.

everyone else is either inactive or just not consistent enough and that's why the list is still wavering.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
here's what needs to happen.

md/va's top 5 needs to sit down and say, "okay we're the best and ****. we know who's good and who's bad because we consistently play everyone. i think so-and-so should be on the list"

like for real chu, neo, meep, ps, and candy will have the best judgment for selecting whoever needs to be selected. everyone else is only giving their opinion based on what they see with results and what they speculate if they can't compete at that level. i mean if u cant compete at that level its hard to really gauge the skill level of other players if you don't see the small things that occur during a match

i dont see any problem with this and it sounds like a SMART idea.

oh, and for people arguing about players who have started doing well. i mean, thats cool but it's not about who beats who or who is starting to do well. its about constant consistency. chu loses to randoms all the time, but he consistently places Top 3 anytime he's not off. neo is just a consistent ****er. meep is meep. PS got his **** together. candy goes through phases and currently he is in a really good phase it seems.

everyone else is either inactive or just not consistent enough and that's why the list is still wavering.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

also...i still say md/va should team with ny/nj

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
nah candy every pound w Md/Va has whooped all of americas *** why not do it this pound also

show MD/VA is something not to be ****ed with :p

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

He qfts a quote that states MD/VA is strong enough and should compete by itself...

Then says MD/VA should not split...

-facepalm-

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol I love how 1 win over someone makes that player better......last I check the results go back and forth between people.....****ing idiots

The pr panelists are a joke gtfo.

Lukky is the best MK in MD/VA LMAO....

meep yes the spectator fee is $10 for all 3 days
LMFAO I think the only reason I check this thread anymore is to read Lobos' posts in here haha

CK we should team in Brawl sometime HAHAHAA

Kenrawr

Smash Master
HAHAHA HILARIOUS LMFAO MAN THAT LOBOS GUY IS SO FUNNy

Edit: Cafe, Seb and I get along just fine. No one is starting anything -_-

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
just b/c wer strong enough does not mean she should be seperate

stop making assumptions with my post
... what assumption.

You get stoked over the opposition's facts, then go "But you're still wrong." Furthermore, you go "but you're still wrong" and leave it at that. You don't acknowledge the opposition unless it's going to strengthen your argument or make you credible in some way. That deserves a face palm.

I didn't assume that you thought we shouldn't split. I know you don't want to split. Your thought process is just contradictory.

But yeah... waiting on some definite answers.

No: EE, Candy, June
Yes: Hat, Slik, PS
Maybe: Everyone else

In other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
... what assumption.

You get stoked over the opposition's facts, then go "But you're still wrong." Furthermore, you go "but you're still wrong" and leave it at that. You don't acknowledge the opposition unless it's going to strengthen your argument or make you credible in some way. That deserves a face palm.

I didn't assume that you thought we shouldn't split. I know you don't want to split. Your thought process is just contradictory.

where am i contracdicting myself?

i said we're strong enough to do extremely well, but my personal preference is that we should be 1 crew with ny/nj

i have not said anyone is wrong with this topic b/c there is no right/wrong answer

seriously...your looking stupid...stop

Kenrawr

Smash Master
NOID you're trying too hard to find contradictions.

We all know what he meant and that's all that matters >_>

Edit: Mexininja'd

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
... what assumption.

go back arguing with xyro plz..

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
where am i contracdicting myself?

i said we're strong enough to do extremely well, but my personal preference is that we should be 1 crew with ny/nj

i have not said anyone is wrong with this topic b/c there is no right/wrong answer

seriously...your looking stupid...stop
I find it stupid when you think MD/VA can do "extremely well" and still choose the team with NY/NJ.
It's also stupid to resort to ad hominem. Especially through the internet. lol
I just want to know where your priorities are.

Do you really think MD/VA can't claim first? If so, state so. Because that's the only reasoning I see for not splitting.

If you just want to ensure first, then that's fine. I've already said I'd rather MD/VA team with the rest of Atlantic North a while ago, just so no other region can claim the title.

But if you think MD/VA can do well and are content with placing top 3 (while beating tristate, hehe), then I would say, "****, go cross the border to the other side. There's no reason for you to want a split." All I'm saying is consider why the **** you want to split.

And this goes out to everyone. If you ONLY, and I mean ONLY want to attempt to guarantee first place, then MD/VA should swallow its pride and not split. But if there's ANY pride in you that says MD/VA can place high and even place first by itself, then split.

@kenny and cafe: shush. This matters. I want him to man up instead of say "there's no right or wrong answer." Because the majority is always the right answer. Whoever takes the majority wins.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I always make my decisions based on facts and data to back it up, so I suppose if people are gonna keep fighting about whether we should split or not, give some proof we should actually do it other than "regional pride"... and before I get bashed, I'm just offering that suggestion to those who do/don't want MD/VA to split. Who has gone out of region? Who did they beat? Who did they lose to?

Keep in mind if MD/VA splits from Atlantic North...a majority of MD/VA has not gone to the midwest or the west coast like tristate/Atlantic North has...at currently the biggest tournament so far (Genesis) only 1 person from MD/VA had gone, while Tristate had 6+ people go to Genesis, and many tournies have passed where NJ/NY had the opportunity to go to Texas or Washington and all of us have stuck to our own region...

If I'm at all wrong, proceed to call me a scrub eternally

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The only thing I have to say about this is, to reiterate:

Imagine if a football team tried to coach themselves. They show up to play a football game against a professional team like the Patriots/Saints/Colts etc. It would be disasterous! Why? Because behind every good team of talent, there is a team of coaches collecting data.

Everyone who says "you have to be a top level player to lead" is completely wrong. Bill Cowher was an average lineman for 5 years in the NFL and lead his team to the playoffs 8 times including making it to the superbowl twice and winning once. Coaching is a whole different mentality than playing. Coaching is all about collecting data and making decisions for the players that they don't have time to see or think about. It really optimizes the players and makes them all play better, because they don't have to think about matchups or who's going in next, they just have to think about playing.

I am amazing at racking up data. I would have lists upon lists of data and lists of matchups, tactics, and play styles of all our opponents. It's for this very reason that I got into TO'ing tournaments, because I LOOOOOOOVE it. The data side is very awesome to me, I love gauging people and seeing their skill levels.

Now, to be fair, each team has team captains on the field that are in charge of making sure everyone executes and does well. The coaches usually relay the information and plays to the team captains who organize the team to execute.

I think it will be best served if MD/VA will be its own crew, to have 3 people with matchup discussion, those being me, Greg, and HAT. and having 10 amazing talents out in the field of battle, with 3 of those as team captains (Chu, Omni, Neo).

If you think i'm wrong, feel free to disagree and do whatever you want, but I promise you this is the best chance we have to win, if you want to try it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Really? Seems like the best option by far. He actually knows everything. MD/VA is mad ignorant about other regions and even their own players' skill levels and stuff. ~_~

Top Bottom