• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I don't know if any of you all saw my other thread (I didn't know where to go either), but I just moved from Ohio. I'm reppin' NEOH in NOVA. :p

Anyway, I wouldn't mind hosting some smashfests once I get settled into my new place. It may be hard for me to go places during the week because of my job, but I'll try my best to be active around here.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
NJ traffic is ***. Also I kinda wanna get into the tourney scene because I can now drive myself although Richmond is pretty fae. Unfortunately I left my controller at home go I gotta get one from a gamestop or a PnT.

:phone:

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
*looks at tourney date*
Well looks like I need a new date 2 host another tourney.
Sorry Bio for not getting back in touch with u; I'll see if I can move my tourney back.

Laserbeam

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I swear I was better a couple of years ago haha. Just so slow now. And I haven't played Melee since Brawl came out but I was watching videos just today after visiting here and I forgot how much more competitive Melee is compared to Brawl. At least, it seems more intense idk. I notice half of your location is where I work. What's the deal there haha.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Thanks. I swear I was better a couple of years ago haha. Just so slow now. And I haven't played Melee since Brawl came out but I was watching videos just today after visiting here and I forgot how much more competitive Melee is compared to Brawl. At least, it seems more intense idk. I notice half of your location is where I work. What's the deal there haha.
Where did you get your name from

just curious..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So I heard that many carpools, even some coming from MD/VA got completely ****ed by NJ's highway system. ROFLLMAO
It's because there was an absolutely awful thunderstorm with flash flooding everywhere from Saturday night throughout all day Sunday

At least he still got there on time and not much bad happened

Aside from my ebrakes

The night before, Bio parked my car and put the ebrakes on and when I left with Mew2King I left it on as I drove him there. I knew there was something wrong with my car, but I was way too tired after 4 hours of sleep, then being awake for 18 hours, then getting 3 hours of sleep. I could not think

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
welp, if any of you can help...

i made a thread, but i figured linking it would have some folks skip over it.

sorry for "advertising"

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make these kinds of threads in here (but it's the social threads whatever OTL) but...

I have a friend who is kind of trapped in a 12 month apartment lease that they can't really afford. The listing is for an apartment off-campus near UMCP and i think the listing itself says things better than I can, at this point.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/roo/2540750483.html

I know I've already posted in the UMCP Melee thread, but it's not the easiest thread to find and prospective students don't always find the thread.

I'm hoping that this way a few people who check out the social boards but not specific threads can see this. I know this is a little audacious but my friend really, really needs the help. Smashboads is generally full of cool and helpful dudes so if you guys know anyone at all who is looking, please send them along.

Sorry if this is an "improper use of smashboards" but I'm trying to use all the resources I have to help.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
At least he still got there on time and not much bad happened

Aside from my ebrakes

The night before, Bio parked my car and put the ebrakes on and when I left with Mew2King I left it on as I drove him there. I knew there was something wrong with my car, but I was way too tired after 4 hours of sleep, then being awake for 18 hours, then getting 3 hours of sleep. I could not think
its a habit of mine, sorry =/ didn't think it'd cause problems...

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey guys remember to come to NC this weekend!! Its G6. Yall are our neighbors and we gotta support each other!! I know I'm doing my best to convince people to come to xanadu the weekend after!!

Woohoo hope to see some of yall there!

Laserbeam

Smash Rookie
Where did you get your name from

just curious..

It's sort of a reference to www.nedroid.com, an online comic I enjoy. One of the comics has the characters revealing their darkest secrets to their girlfriends on Valentine's Day, and Beartato's shocking revelation is: "I lied. My middle name ISN'T Laserbeam."

Wish I had a cooler answer for you haha.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Getting to the train station from the hotel would be easy as hell if you guys arrived at 3 AM instead of 6 AM. At that point it was pretty much too late to risk a train. From Zant being kind enough to take me, I only made it with 30 minutes to spare.
Failure to communicate perhaps. Or failure to navigate. Regardless, glad you made it home.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Getting to the train station from the hotel would be easy as hell if you guys arrived at 3 AM instead of 6 AM. At that point it was pretty much too late to risk a train. From Zant being kind enough to take me, I only made it with 30 minutes to spare.
If Vinnie only promised to take you back to the hotel, I think next time you need to check with your rides like a day before because asking smashers who are supposed to be sleeping for their own ride back is inconvenient and those people need a good night sleep + to get back safely themselves.

Top Bottom