• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
They can both combo each other like crazy, it's like the most epic matchup to watch in Melee.

BunBun

Smash Master
Fox can nair falcon.

Fox can also waveshine falcon anywhere he wants.

Shine spike is amazing.

Falcon has awesome combos, but Fox gets to control the matchup.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Doc King is a troll or an idiot don't take him seriously.

If he's saying Falcon Fox is 55/45 for Falcon then just be like "awww that's cute" and move on.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
actually, falcon can cover a ton of options from the center of the stage.

If fox doesn't DI away uthrow or dthrow will combo stronger because falcon wont have to move initially.

If fox DIs away but can't tech away because of the edge, its even worse.

Not to mention when all tech options are available falcon can do a lot of damage simply off reaction.

Also, a well timed running weak knee into uair can cover fox's sideb and upb at the same time.

(playing devils advocate)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
actually, falcon can cover a ton of options from the center of the stage.

If fox doesn't DI away uthrow or dthrow will combo stronger because falcon wont have to move initially.

If fox DIs away but can't tech away because of the edge, its even worse.

Not to mention when all tech options are available falcon can do a lot of damage simply off reaction.

Also, a well timed running weak knee into uair can cover fox's sideb and upb at the same time.

(playing devils advocate)
lol why? not saying your points are invalid only, we all know the outcome lol. its not in falcons favor at all haha.

@kk-im actually surprised people respond to doc king still. clearly a troll.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol why? not saying your points are invalid only, we all know the outcome lol. its not in falcons favor at all haha.
because i feel the reasoning some people are using is invalid.

Falcon has the slight edge in terms of punishment with fox approaching equal to falcon's amount of punishment at the highest levels.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord

Falcon has the slight edge in terms of punishment with fox approaching equal to falcon's amount of punishment at the highest levels.
sure. the punishments are equal, but fox wins because of other things. what's the big deal?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to help out with the matchups. I just think that Falcon has a slight advantage over Fox (or a more better matchup against him than the others).

JPOBS

Smash Hero

i think its entirely the other way around.

Fox has the heavy punish advantage at anything but top level, where his waveshines, upsmashes, gimps, and bair are fox 101.

Falcon only starts to approach his punish competence when at the very very top level where the falcon can kill off of one grab after making 2-3 strong reads.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i think its entirely the other way around.

Fox has the heavy punish advantage at anything but top level, where his waveshines, upsmashes, gimps, and bair are fox 101.

Falcon only starts to approach his punish competence when at the very very top level where the falcon can kill off of one grab after making 2-3 strong reads.
I don't think thats the very top level of falcon. there are plenty of high level falcons that have that ability.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well regardless, I stand by the fact that fox definitely has the punishment advantage in the matchup.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
You guys are blowing this outta proportion. Fox and Falcon both have the capacity to take a stock from a small mistake.

Fox has to do more work, but his work is easier.
Falcon only needs to get a few reads, but he has (EDIT: LESS) room for error.

Regardless, they both can take a stock, in different ways. If you want to argue the match up between them, talk about movesets, projectiles, recovery, stage control, approaches, because they aren't virtually even in all those respects, where their punishment game has the potential to be even, and when dealing with high level players it's more likely that it becomes that way.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how does fox do more work? his punishes are so textbook and basic.

having crap defense, and requiring to basically straight up guess on his punishes sounds like a much harder job for falcon just to keep up.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
More work as in, fox usually chases falcon longer and lands more hits in (odds are if fox and falcon are at the same percent, fox landed more hits), but like i said, it's easier work. So, in a literal sense, more work, not harder work.

though i guess work is a quantitative value in physics, but hopefully you get my point despite my lacking English

Merkuri

Smash Lord
how does fox do more work? his punishes are so textbook and basic.

having crap defense, and requiring to basically straight up guess on his punishes sounds like a much harder job for falcon just to keep up.
Well Falcon's punishes are a lot easier to get. Falcon can knee you if you make a mistake from the other side of the screen. The best Fox could do is shoot lasers.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
when I win the lottery and can travel again =[

and otg, in physics, yes. What I mean is, fox has to do MORE chasing, MORE attacks, to 0-death someone without a gimp. Falcon only needs a handful of hits, however it's harder for falcon to get those hits, so in the long run, the amount of work they both do becomes relatively the same.

It's similar to how ganon works, falco can combo you 0-60 like it's nothing, and that is roughly 8 hits, where ganon only needs to land 4 hits to get someone to 60, 3 if you get the beastly double hit usmash

Rappster

Smash Ace
Why Some People sound Dumb on the internet.

I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to help out with the matchups. I just think that Falcon has a slight advantage over Fox (or a more better matchup against him than the others).
Dunning-Kruger effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOHJa5Vj5Y

you think you know what you're talking about because you don't know how much you don't know about.

We appreciate your opinions, but they're fairly useless.

forget all your opinions on smash.
read about/watch/play smash until you realize you don't know **** about how to play smash well.
that is the beginning of learning.
keep watching/reading about/playing smash and your opinions will become more and more accurate.
come back and start posting.

ps: this is applicable to people other than Doc King as well, but i don't wanna name names.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Regardless, they both can take a stock, in different ways. If you want to argue the match up between them, talk about movesets, projectiles, recovery, stage control, approaches, because they aren't virtually even in all those respects, where their punishment game has the potential to be even, and when dealing with high level players it's more likely that it becomes that way.
*claps *

Doc King

Smash Lord
Dunning-Kruger effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOHJa5Vj5Y

you think you know what you're talking about because you don't know how much you don't know about.

We appreciate your opinions, but they're fairly useless.

forget all your opinions on smash.
read about/watch/play smash until you realize you don't know **** about how to play smash well.
that is the beginning of learning.
keep watching/reading about/playing smash and your opinions will become more and more accurate.
come back and start posting.

ps: this is applicable to people other than Doc King as well, but i don't wanna name names.
I know how to play Smash, I Brawled KingZant a lot and ended up winning most of the matches against him. I know my Melee knowledge might be kind of poor, but I know how to play smash bros. properly.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
let's move on, anyone who isn't stupid knows falcon vs fox is not in falcon's favor. Anyone feel like discussing Peach vs Young Link? Get d20 in here

Or Sheik vs Doc/falcon/fox/falco/marth
Or G&W vs pichu

sheik vs. doc is stupid for doc

it's soooooo bad

the chaingrab and edgeguard is about all doc has

and sheik ***** doc onstage and way harder offstage

65-35 or 70-30 probably

Doc King

Smash Lord
Peach vs. Young Link is actually one of Peach's worst matchups since Y. Link doesn't get chsinthrowed, he isn't that effective by the down smash, he has 3 projectiles and Peach has a hard time with them, etc.

unknown522

Some guy
Falcon vs Fox
55:45
how is this even possible?

Peach vs. Young Link is actually one of Peach's worst matchups since Y. Link doesn't get chsinthrowed, he isn't that effective by the down smash, he has 3 projectiles and Peach has a hard time with them, etc.
close, but you exaggerate.

sheik vs. doc is stupid for doc

it's soooooo bad

the chaingrab and edgeguard is about all doc has

and sheik ***** doc onstage and way harder offstage

65-35 or 70-30 probably
chaingrab?

which way are you DIing?

But yeah, the matchup is that bad, but not for that reason.

lol @ fox v Kirby.

Its literally the only 100-0 match up in the game that I can think of
yep.

let's move on, anyone who isn't stupid knows falcon vs fox is not in falcon's favor. Anyone feel like discussing Peach vs Young Link? Get d20 in here

Or Sheik vs Doc/falcon/fox/falco/marth
Or G&W vs pichu
G&W vs pichu is annoying. His move spam makes it a real ***** to approach. He also avoids some of pichu's good combos because of his weight. A lot of his moves also kill pichu pretty fast, while having a lot of range on them.

60-40 or 65-35. Something like that.

i've been over sheik vs spacies a bunch of times. IMO, they're even. Spacies hit her easier, because she has to commit to more, but she can do more damage than they can off a single hit. Her CC is also better than theirs.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Someone was talking about how I don't know anything about smash so I'm trying to explain that I do know how to play smash correctly.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Doc King

Brawl =/= Melee

Your Melee knowledge is poor.

If you win the majority of your Brawl matches that's fabulous but doesn't mean anything about your Melee opinion. We don't ask like Brood or Ally for their input on matchup at high level in Melee and we don't expect the Brawl community to ask Amsah or Cactuar about what they think of matchups in high level Brawl.

They're different games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom