• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Tier Placement Discussion

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I was just surprised Wario stayed so high... ROB was going to drop only because Diddy got placed so low to begin with, but 3 spots is a bit more than I was expecting :(
wario has a okay tourney rep going for him, only real flaw grab releases and short range attacks. i wasn't suprised by rob at all lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
this is true however if Roy R Neo MikeHaze, Myself and Many other good marths consistenly place high then he's gonna be considered good
This is true, but it is also important for different people to emerge and start placing well (I'm directing this at you ZMT! Jk) that are already decent/good now. It's all fine and dandy if the already top Marths place well, but it would be even better if they placed high as well as other people that aren't placing as well now. We need to be winning in regions that aren't MK dominated (like the Midwest and Atlantic South) and that will bring Marth up. PP and HRNut are tearing up Atlantic South already, so I guess that means me and the rest of the Midwest Marths need to step it up!! Let's go people!!!

∫unk

Smash Master
When am I going to get to see a video of your Marth SOLID

*excited anticipation*

And LOL @ HRNut grouping himself with the other Marths

Winning locally = ez

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I know you're so excited Junk!!!!!

If you are slightly serious, then hopefully around January 25th or 26th from a tourney/friendlies.
I actually want to see a few vids of you. Especially against a top player of your region...like Anther, Omniswell (?), Ankoku...? (!?), and more people I can't exactly remember. Mostly because you've surpassed me now and I'm dying to see it.

I also want to see you use some Itachi in tourneys mmkay? He's not overpowered. I promise.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I actually want to see a few vids of you. Especially against a top player of your region...like Anther, Omniswell (?), Ankoku...? (!?), and more people I can't exactly remember. Mostly because you've surpassed me now and I'm dying to see it.

I also want to see you use some Itachi in tourneys mmkay? He's not overpowered. I promise.
2 things.

1. I'll try to get some recorded friendlies vs. these guys but I'll get *****. I'm playing an MM so I'm tryna get that recorded, I won't put up any Marth dittos for you Viet. <3. If I can get doubles recorded do you want any of those? I fail in doubles though... I'll get as much as I can recorded, as far as I know 3-4 people are bringing recording stuff.

2. I fail at Naruto lol. I was playing friendlies at the last tourney and I got ***** lol.

solid would get *****

also viet your marth isn't that bad rofl wtf
True.

∫unk

Smash Master
viet you use the same marth color as me >:D

if you fail the db don't keep mashing the b button that only works for metaknight

you need to look at ddd's positioning more and not waste your jump

you can u-smash ddd on his way down

you need to ff more except when you b-air which was like one of the few times you did ff lol

try to grab ddd at 0 think about it it would take you 4 hits to achieve the same percentage you can from a grab at 0

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Shhh, dont give Viet any more reasons to justify his emoness.

@Viet:
Dont feel too bad, i would have lost the first stock the exact same way. Dont be afraid to shieldbreaker that mofo. Hes got a huge shield and likes to block. If you hit his shield then you may be able to keep him from playing so defensively meaning moar DB, nair, and dtilt. Obviously this is situational but hey, offensive D3 = easier matchup.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
When am I going to get to see a video of your Marth SOLID

*excited anticipation*
You can watch the vids we get from our friendlies in jan when he completely destroys me.

And viet stop it. You're making ME emo. Watching you play vs me play makes me feel like i can't freaking short hop.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
here are some of my good matches

2nd match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuKgFlaZ3k&feature=related

both are pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpxaLng5r4&feature=related

Against probably the best snake in the nation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZYuSVupKg

Me sandbagging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgA7mgVII_0&feature=related

A friendly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPBqZet9Uc&feature=related

And the list goes on, So know your ****...............i'm not saying im the best marth around but for my region i believe that i am and many people have told me that as well

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
kadaj gtfo

and sandbagging is so disrespectful and annoying

it's like if you sandbag you are basically saying your opponent is not worth your effort

in a 1v1 game if you aren't trying to win why the **** are you even playing? i hate sandbagging

and even more so the typical known sandbaggers who always sandbag, then say they are going to try and then still lose... "i wasn't trying then either" LOLOL

so lame

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
kadaj gtfo

and sandbagging is so disrespectful and annoying

it's like if you sandbag you are basically saying your opponent is not worth your effort

in a 1v1 game if you aren't trying to win why the **** are you even playing? i hate sandbagging

and even more so the typical known sandbaggers who always sandbag, then say they are going to try and then still lose... "i wasn't trying then either" LOLOL

so lame
Lmao

NEO we got marth dittos to attend to When ever i can make it back up to NOVA lets take over some more tv's

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
marth dittos are so gay and dumb ROFL

i'd rather play your marth w/ my sheik and ike

also picking up fox and.. dun dun dun.. SNAKE

im done here

Top Bottom