• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Tier Placement Discussion

∫unk

Smash Master
nah i mean

i'd rather not play your diddy in friendlies if you're judging me cause he limits your game if you don't know wtf you're doing

i'll friendly your gw for sure and maybe you can help me with the diddy matchup i'm not good at it ^^

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
nah i mean

i'd rather not play your diddy in friendlies if you're judging me cause he limits your game if you don't know wtf you're doing

i'll friendly your gw for sure and maybe you can help me with the diddy matchup i'm not good at it ^^
oh come on junk the best way to learn is through practice. against Diddy just take control of the bannanas , catch the bannanas in the air with fairs or what not, pick em up toss the nanas at him, glide toss the nanas. etc.

really once you have control over the naners the match is easy, just a match about momentum really.

∫unk

Smash Master
ya i'd agree with you if he wasn't judging me but he said "i wanna see how good your marth is"... on a matchup that i barely know? :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ya i'd agree with you if he wasn't judging me but he said "i wanna see how good your marth is"... on a matchup that i barely know? :/
i see your point, kinda

i still want to play you with my diddy and GW though. I can still compare you to how other marths have done against me their first time playing me

cman

Smash Ace
This isn't about marth as much as the tier lists in general:

Noobish Question Alert:Why does Melee's tier list go up to 9.9 when brawl's tier list goes up to 15. Brawl lost several melee strategies, so why would the characters rank higher in brawl? maybe i'm just not getting it.
It's a completely arbitrary numbering system.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
hmm. marth is really annoying to fight against.

dont get mad at hrnut cause he doesnt have any new vids to show off his marth. no one records in FL. i gotta start recording more or something. Ive played alot of marths down here, and he has the best one.

not as good as neo, but the gap is closer than people think. Speaking of which, HAAAAAI NEO :laugh: . im coming to pay you a visit at CoT4. your gay asian princess is going down against Bubbles this time

junk, are you going to Winter Gamefest this weekend in san diego? I want to play your Marth to see where it is
if you're judging based off of the one c3 we played at months ago, i was playing real bad that entire day no offense. i usually never jon because im always playing as amazing as i can but that was just one of two tournies i have been off in, but im sure hrnut is str8. i just usually dont associate him w/ other top marths because he cps in marths bad match ups which doesnt make sense as a marth 'main.' imo if you're only using marth when hes advanageous (which is over most of the cast) that doesn't qualify you as placing with marth

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
if you're judging based off of the one c3 we played at months ago, i was playing real bad that entire day no offense. i usually never jon because im always playing as amazing as i can but that was just one of two tournies i have been off in, but im sure hrnut is str8. i just usually dont associate him w/ other top marths because he cps in marths bad match ups which doesnt make sense as a marth 'main.' imo if you're only using marth when hes advanageous (which is over most of the cast) that doesn't qualify you as placing with marth
i see where you coming from

i cant wait to play you again, if you go to CoT4. Then i can get an accurate comparison of you two. You dont seem to be the type to john about something, so i believe you if you say you were off at C3.

doesnt change the fact that your gay asian princess is still going down to Bubbles :laugh:

-GDX on hrnut's account

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
thats true, i'm still training him up though, i dont main him now but eventually i will, i use to the first 4 months of the game then i started using other characters, i did the same in melee

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
No johns, your fighting my teammate, so he can guage your marth, stop making excuses, if you dont know the match he's giving you practice to learn it, so stop *****ing and adapt, good luck:laugh:

∫unk

Smash Master
weren't you the guy that said he wasn't tryin or some **** for 2 stocks in a recorded match?

i dont john or make excuses thats dodging what you're seeing ^^

but seriously i already said idrc i'd rather play if i wasn't being judged but i guess that happens no matter what

dont get me wrong i think ur marth is legit and probably better than mine

i'm improving a lot tho

edit: honey rusted u going to cot? ima be there ^^

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
dont worry just grab the bananas and use them against him and you'll do fine, and i will be at CoT4, guaranteed...ill become a marth main again one day lol, and im sure your marth is really good, just play intelligently

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
thats just who i am learning at the moment, just wanted to put her up there, but if you find a situation in that match thats hard for u to figure out ask me and i should be able to let u know what to do

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
meh marth's biggest weakness is his lack of distance moves. hence he gets teh pwned by links and stuff with bombs range grapple grab and arrow =\

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
meh marth's biggest weakness is his lack of distance moves. hence he gets teh pwned by links and stuff with bombs range grapple grab and arrow =\
You have trouble with Link?
PROTIP: Dash > Shield. SHFair.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
PROTIP: Ignore Teran17

lmao.

anyways, Thunder of Zeus. The Link matchup is widely considered in our favor. Marth does not have a lot of trouble getting through projectiles, especially against a character like Link whose camping game is not very effective to begin with. Once you're in close range, you have similar range but you are a lot quicker. Take advantage of your speed. Once you get him off stage, it's easy pickings.

Top Bottom