• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Australian Cyber League (ACL): Melbourne April 9th-10th

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Right sorry I was playing friendlies.
Attila's in grand finals, Tibs vs. Ted losers finals.

Melee winners finals Dekar vs. Zxv is happening now. I'm leaving now but... :p

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
melee (from memory)

1. Dekar
2. ZXV
3. Syke
4. CAOTIC
5. Atticus
5. S.D.
7. Earl
7. Monkeybear

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
attila finally wins a maor! RUFF!

vic did another clean sweep, but zxv did nsw proud. dekar scored probably the coolest win in aus melee history -- the sets were better than rocky's melee finals

also, my rage mode has fizzled, so i'm fine now -- see y'all later today

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I was doing good/bad/cbf patches randomly...

beat earl
knocked into losers 2-0 by dave
2-0 redact
2-0 monkeybear (sexiest accent ever)
3-1 S.D
3-2 Cao
0-3 ZXV.. xD

meh, would have been 100000x better to see dekar and zxv go at it then watch me *** my way thru >_>

Nice melee results.

Syke didn't sandbag???? Wut?!

If I get sponsored I'll go for top 3, Melb hasn't seen me try yet ololololol
trollololol

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oh dear, somebody's posting under an account they shouldn't be...

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Great day yesterday!
Shoutouts to:
Monkeybear, Atticus and Zxv for ****** me.
Redact: thanks for organising such a brilliant tourney.
Timic: i'm going to beat your shiek!
Kier: always a great time.
Kier's mate (alex i think): Keep practicing and come back next time!
Earl: need more friendlies.
Ted: i'll get your ganon next time!

Kinda wanted to verse more OoS people but ah well. next time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
all the cool folks get to crown sports bar before kick off at 4.30pm. take the 86 tram from la trobe univ. all the way to southern cross station then walk to crown (5 mins).

my number: 0466-352-145

we'll go eating somewhere 'nice' + go gambling

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
s.d & syke win melee teams. i gave up my spot to syke cus i'm **** at this game.

Splice

Smash Hero
Congratulations to Tibor and Attila on their doubles win.
We ended up playing 15 games all up, it came right down to the wire...
Good Game.

Brawl Dubs:
1. Attila and Tibor
2. Afropony and Splice
3. Earl and Nicks

Brawl Singles:
1. Attila (didnt drop a set)
2. Tibs
3. Ted
4. Earl
5. Splice
5. Afropony
7. ZXV
7. Meteor

The Baranyay household made some decent profit this weekend ;)
Attila is king of Brawl

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah, big thanks to Redact for organising everything, much appreciated.

Was awesome meeting everyone in real life including Blackshadow, Atticus, Kuromatsu, Pete, Robsta and Skeletom.

Special thanks to Monkey Bear and Timic for filling in the Smash 64 bracket after half of us left, and anyone else who gave interest =).

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Splice got in a bit before me but here are the full Brawl results: (if characters are wrong please post to correct, only stating characters you used to win games in winning sets ^_^)

Australian Cyber League
Brawl Doubles: 8 entrants​

1. Melbourne's Golden Pair (Attila + Tibs) [:snake: + :diddy:] $100
2. Risk it for the Biskit (Splice + Afropony) [:gw: + :metaknight:] $40
3. Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks) [:metaknight: + :warioc:/:metaknight:] $10
4. See You in Losers! (M + C~Dog) [:ness2: + :dedede:]
5. Buttsex Parade (Jei + Dekar) [:pit: + :gw:]
5. Chemical Brothers (Toshi + Dean) [:metaknight: + :dedede:]
7. Tedxv (Tedeth + Zxv)
7. Robotic Mario Huggles (ViVa + Leisha)

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl Pools: 26 entrants​
8 pools, top 2 made it to bracket.

Pool 1:
Attila 4-0
S.D 2-3

Nicks 1-4

Pool 2: Leisha won the tiebreaker
Tedeth 6-1
Leisha 4-4

Grim Tuesday 4-3
Hermit 0-6

Pool 3:
Earl 4-0
ViVa 2-3

Nova 1-4

Pool 4:
Tibs 6-0
Dekar 4-4

W150 3-4
Cao 1-6

Pool 5:
Splice 4-0
M 2-2

Xile 0-4

Pool 6:
Afropony 4-0
Dean 2-2

Testikills 0-4

Pool 7:
Zxv 4-0
Jei 2-2

Todd 0-4

Pool 8:
Toshi 4-1
Apollo 3-2

Timic 0-4

Brawl Bracket: 16 entrants​

1. Attila (:snake:/:popo:) $165
2. Tibs (:diddy:) $75
3. Tedeth (:warioc:) $30
4. Earl (:metaknight:) $20
5. Splice (:gw:) $5
5. Afropony (:metaknight:) $5
7. Zxv (:marth:)
7. M (:rob:/:ness2:)
9. ViVa (:mario2:)
9. Jei (:pit:)
9. Apollo (:zerosuitsamus:)
9. Dean (:dedede:)
13. S.D (:diddy:)
13. Leisha (:rob:)
13. Toshi (:diddy:)
13. Dekar (:gw:)

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

I'll post some shoutouts later ^____^

Splice

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTS

ADELAIDE

Grim: Im glad i could spend a bit more time with you at this tourney than Robocop. Our brawl friendlies were heaps fun and so was melee but we shouldve played more Melee. Congratulations making out of pools in both games (or totally deserving to in Brawl, Tournament **** was gay). Hope you enjoyed getting housed by Tim also.

Nova: Good seeing you again Shaun, you are a funny guy! I can't say I enjoyed our friendlies at all, I am hating Snake at the moment :scared: But good to talk to you all the same and watch you have a good time playing Attila haha

Apollo: You champ! Good job on 9th in Brawl Singles, that is not bad at all! Thankyou very much for supplying the recording equipment, it is very much appreciated and some of those sets were just amazingly good stuff which I cant wait to watch again (tibs games were so pro) . I very much enjoyed seeing you again, and our few friendlies were very enjoyable. I <3 ZSS

W150: Nice to meet you! played you in a few friendlies, and then you asked me for some more but I didnt get the chance to get around to it, I'm very sorry >< Your Olimar is pretty good at dealing with overly aggressive playstyles ;)

I'm very interested in coming down to SA to see you all again sometime but idk, not likely in all honesty xP

NEW SOUTH WALES

Ted: Your games with Attila and Tibs were all very amazing and despite having played in like 1 or 2 tournies this whole year and being out of practice, you still held up very well! Congratulations on 3rd, good to see you again, my biggest regret of the tourney was I didnt end up getting to singles MM you, or just friendlies. I'm really keen to try out the Wario MU it seems kinda easy now haha :cool:

ZXV: Woah! Second in Melee! You sure have worked your way up the ranks hella fast! Good stuff with 7th in Brawl too, you did the best out of everyone over both games singles events, thats some good game-to-game adjustment right there! I enjoyed our doubles friendlies this morning too :) You are a cool dude Bryte!

Meteor: No Shuma wtf ~ Im glad we got to have our rivalry moment in the bracket as well as pools. That was very enjoyable :) Always a pleausure hanging out and conversing with you <3 You and Conor actually made quite a great team, it was impressive! I dont think Shaya would have done better tbh :p

Queensland (a.k.a Dean):

Dean: Late night conversation at Nicks house was enjoyable, hope you enjoyed my guitar playing haha. Congratulations on 2nd in MvC3, amazing job! Nice meeting you, hope to see you again sometime :)

VICTORIA

Dean: Most clutch set I had in singles. Marth is very very hard, and very very fun :) Glad you didnt use the D3 and gave yourself a fighting chance by using Marth :p I was very scared to be honest. You are improving at a great rate at the moment and it's very impressive! You are actually better than me in many aspects of this game, its simply some small mindgames and the ability to create openings and juggle that i have on my side. Your spacing and defensive game is far better than mine. Good Game Dean!

Tibs: Your Diddy Kong was on fire!!! Yours losers finals set vs Ted was the best thing I saw the whole tournament, some of the stuff you do is crazy! Our doubles sets were pretty intense, you need to keep a lid on that rage though looool - that wall got owned~
So proud of my win in Melee pools :D that was the best I played, very happy with that. Probs the worst you played I'm guessing haha~ I'm sick of Diddy in bracket. I had the MU down and there was a time where I could beat you confidently (in my head at least :p) but now it's just not worth it to go expert mode on that MU. I'll just have some fun and try and get you to stuff up and give me some free KO's and maybe I'll win a set sometime :p Congrats on 2nd in Brawl and your Doubles win! Good Games Tibsbro

Attila:
Congratulations for placing first in everything Brawl! You champ! You've been doing very well recently, and I also have the suspicion that in the most subconcious of ways you've learnt the GaW MU and it's just bull**** for me now =___= grr! GG's against Ted, nice effort. Pity the grand finals of the tournament were something you get to do whenever you want in the comfort of your own home :p but it was a pretty entertaining set anyway (although I only watched game one eheh) - I very much enjoyed commentating with you, was a fun time, and maccas run and talking was also gewwwd. Good Games Uptilla!

Conor: Good to see you again, its been a while! Pity I was half dead this morning :urg: Thankyou for driving us to the train station that was very nice of you <3 <3 <3 Great to see you havent lost your touch at Brawl despite the uni work you are caught up in. You and Ricky made a great team! Hope to be graced by your presence again if uni work ever dies down :embarrass:

Joey: You didnt come on the second day what is this :C I enjoyed the "formal" into "completely casual" costume change technique, i thought it was pretty cool. We didnt get to commentate on ****, lol :p hope you attend something for reals soon though :)

Toshiba: Congrats on first seed, nice work beating Apollo! He got vengence in the bracket though :) You and Dean make a pretty legit doubles team, those were clutch games against Ricky and Conor, and even moreso against TedXV, crazy stuff! Hope you approve of my drawing ability.

Dekar: Congrats on first in Melee! Surprised at 5th in doubles though, wow. Your Brawl GaW is also getting pretty legit too, I was impressed :) Good to see you as always

Sasse: Blah can't believe I lost that much, my tech skill is so... lacking of any skill whatsoever =___= good job pillaring me, I really need to learn the ditto I've been getting my *** handed to me by Falcos heaps recently >__<

Nicks: Thankyou for housing like a champ! Great hospitality just like last time. Your dog is absolutely amazing, and so cute ^____^ bad luck with brawl pools ^^; Should really have beaten SD imo though but ah well. I think you and Earl played real fine in doubles too, no shame losing to Tibs and Attila haha :oneeye: You really get into it though dont ya? That standing up DI is pretty legit! Enjoy your 4 packets of Mi Goreng that we didnt end up eating lol.

Earl: Came so close to beating you I dont believe! Aled and I both did haha. I was happy to see that I'd made you get the blood flowing as you were very pumped when you won the set haha :) very clutch games and very enjoyable, you definitely deserved 4th, well played. Nice job in doubles also, and gratz on 7th in Melee! You beast! Good to hang out with you for a bit this tourney too :) Really enjoyed our set, GG!

Leisha: Good job on the tournament, you ran it quite well :) Seemed a little stressed at some points but you didn't have to worry at all ^^ . Thankyou very much for running Brawl :) Your hacks are hilarious btw, but I swear your wii is gonna brick hardcore someday lol.

Viva: I'm glad you found my tips from last week paid off somewhat! A very nice effort beating Nova in pools! Don't be dissapointed with 9th; it's quite a legit placing for a major, so i hope you are happy with it :) I know your set with Ricky ended in a rather unsatisfying way... but that's what happens sometimes. Stay motivated Jesse!

Jei: Sorry for meeting you in bracket, I know you don't have a lot of fun playing me. Your fault for not beating Tibor haha! Nice work beating Tak in Melee btw, I didn't see the games but that's pretty good :) GG's, see you next tourney~ in bracket again probably :reverse:

Timic: Randomly ditch the 2nd day with no warning, had to take rather long route home :C Would've been hell without Conor. Thanks for getting us to the venue on saturday anyway lol. I hope you made it out of pools in Melee, i dont know if you did :s

Xile:
Hope you learnt something useful from out games in Brawl haha. Falcos CG is amazingly useful :p I'll have to play you in Melee, your main game, sometime. Nice meeting you :)

Afropony: Equal 5th, and both losing a clutch set to Earl. I told you we were pretty much tied! Fun times with Nicks lol. I hate your commentating :mad: Sorry for underperforming against Tibs and A'. I mean I was actually playing fine but I was simply not prepared to focus on all the items at once and I really could not play consistantly under those conditions (especially as tired as I was, but no johns, I'm just bad) and that was why we lost. They live forever though, we need to find some team kill set ups that can be executed easily. We take too much damage before they die otherwise. Dinner and practice on Friday was an enjoyable evening and train ride home was... boring as hell. lol. Good Times.

REDACT:
Great tournament bro. Lots of setups (or "enough" setups at least) was awesome and everything ran pretty smoothly and on time, was very good, great effort. I dont know if you had the best time of Melee, lost to Teds puff (it was pretty good though) and 5th in doubles, eep! Ah well. Again, thankyou very much for organising the events I had a great time!

I'm happy with 5th in Brawl I feel that's where I am as a player atm so that was my deserved placing I guess. Could have snagged a 4th off Earl though ;)
Melee was also great fun and I think I'm ready to focus on that more now. :D
Good Games to all I played, I had a great time.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Our team name is 'melbourne's golden pair', btw.

I also feel my ics deserve a little credit :D

Shoutouts tOmorrow zzz

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Zxv post: great tourney <3

Watch the videos from this tourney. OMG so good. Esp Grand Finals where SD went frigging dragon mode on me and Ted. Ridiculous. Shoutouts when I get home. <3 Melbourne.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Tonight's my last chance to post some shoutouts for about a week, so I'll keep it quick:

Afropony: well game 2 was close... I guess... good games man, though I run into you more often than I should in tournament. Not much to say I haven't said before and keep doing whatcha do.

Dean: I like the cut of your jib. Legit counterpicking skills :)

Splice: I still haven't beaten you in a set, no matter how close I've gotten you still manage to come out on top :( maybe I should persist with Marth, huh. But yeah like, good job and stuff. And in teams.

Dekar: that set was ridiculously close, a lot better than last week's! Last match was intense man. And good job on Melee <3

Zxv: well, you're way legit. I don't like having the result of game 2 come down purely to luck but I guess I'll take it ^_^ and you're pressure/follow-up game was just too much for me to handle in the end :( And Tedxv: unfortunate on your behalf to not go your mains from game 1, but not DIing a Waddle Dee and gettink KOed from it was a silly way to end a fun set <3

Ricky and Conor: good games guys. Conor hasn't lost his touch after being away for so long, good to see. I am a little disappointed in the result of our set but I can't really complain, you guys are too good.

SA Brawl crew: you guys were cool to friendly. It's good to be able to meet Nova in real life after all this time - you're good to talk to and are very good at this game. Grim, W150, you're both really solid players who I hope to see continue to do well and keep improving. Apollo, it was nice to meet you but I am a little disappointed I couldn't find the time to end up friendlying you :(

Nicks: nice friendlies. You're a pretty cool guy.

Leisha/Redact: massive props for running this tournament, it's hugely appreciated and I thought it turned out really well to job well done ^_^

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I was in a pretty sour mood towards the end of the first day and the second day. Apologies if I seemed a bit weird lol.

Anyways, quick shoutouts to:

Dean: Sorry, my fault. I'll get better, probably.

Plasia: You're pretty good. You didn't come last in Melee in both singles and doubles. You deserve all the money people placed on you getting last.

All the people I played: Good games. Some people are better than I expected O.o You know who you are =P

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
fun tourney, thanks phil, leish and dean for running things.

grats on tibs and a' for winning doubles.

and splice you left your hat at my place, ill bring it next tourney

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
cheers to redact for organising this: you'll move on to running bigger and better events later down the track.

some things to consider in future:
- better region separation and pre-seeding: do this before the tournament and not on the day or else you'll be guaranteed a dumb bracket. it also allows for player scrutinization before it all starts.
- getting that *****in' stage reach/cod/sf/marvel/every legitimate console title that wasn't smash had -- image if dekar won there *drools*

- i have personal beef with the conservative ruleset and the removal of stage counterpicking system in melee (because there are no CPs anymore), but no johns, it's not my tournament to influence. everyone else seems to enjoy it.

otherwise, A grade effort all 'round. i look forward to seeing how you run BAM2011. i really enjoyed raging

Splice

Smash Hero
and splice you left your hat at my place, ill bring it next tourney
ah that'd be good thanks. Funny, I never actually wear it lol

Big Thank-You for housing me once again, Nicks. A big highlight of the Major Experience for me :)

Top Bottom