• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Australian Cyber League (ACL): Melbourne April 9th-10th

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
lol ted, teamates instant death, they cannot withstand the aura of awesome

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hell yeah!
nobody can beat me in that matchup (wait we did this at rocky and you won right? lol)
that offer is open to anyone :) (also keen for MY fox vs YOUR jiggs, it's my fav matchup)

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
sweet :D Yea I won but connors not here to give me jiggs practice this time :( no way am i doing your fox vs my jiggs unless it's just a friendly. I'm pretty bad at jiggs XD but I will do pretty much any match up, like... my pikachu vs your marth/fox?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you have a pikachu?? play my young link and dk tooo
let's have loooots of friendlies <3 <3

Zxv

Smash Lord
Are you serious? 100/0 split?

Well, at the risk of being left out of the club, I disagree.

But, whatever. If you really want me and Zxv to take all your money then that's fine.
Wait, were you people serious about 100/0 splitting?

I only agreed to this because everybody else was and assumed they were trolling. Splits up to 4th/5th position imo.

Or maybe I'm being trolled now... Can't tell >_>

New Smashboards is swish.

Also: Dekar, verse Ted's Jiggs and see how much you love the MU afterwards. I used to enjoy Jiggs until Ted went all Hungrybox.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i know i wasn't joking when i asked for 100-0; that's just freaking amazing to me

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm with the smart people
100:0 is ridiculous
as i said, i'm all for 70:30

let's go teddy, my fox your puff

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Lots of friendlies indeed <3 Oh I will have to use my DK vs your fox dekar.

I vote 70:30. btw dekar who are you teaming with? I have blackshadow, just curious.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
my fellow national teams champion - redact (also since he's TO we get byes through to winners semis)

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
hahaha i think i remember him. does he play a beast falco?

I feel like I'm being trolled hard by the existence of this harry ponting guy :S

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah redact plays falco

wait til you play harry's zelda
you'll swear he came back through time from the year 2118

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
no joke -- he fair'd me 3 times in a row with zelda -- basically a 0-to-death =/

next time i'll just cg him with some cheap character...

tedeth

Smash Master
Doesn't matter you'll lose to me and Zxv anyway.

We have this amazing tactic where I play fox and he plays Falco, then we switch characters AND tags.

Ultimate mindgames.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Doesn't work cao.

While he was at your monthly he was simultaneously playing friendlies in my house with me, I tried to cg him but he has leant how to crouch cancel grabs.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
can zelda be chaingrabbed by anyone?
what are zelda's moves?
nobody has ever put any effort into analyzing this character and harry is going to make the world pay

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just wanna say that everyone should bring tv's

Got 8 CW ones there, but looking to get more than 15 if other people bring theirs along!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
also a reminder to everyone to bring their cubes, even if you cant bring a tv we will probably have heaps of tv's, so more wii's and cubes will be needed!

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Who's doing stuff on Friday? I'll be in around 11, probba just visit citeh places maybe box hill. Idk wat Kas is doing.. or if he's even coming anymore.. Haven't heard anything from him for several days >_> Last time we talked about this trip he was trying to give his ticket to Ryan.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Who's doing stuff on Friday? I'll be in around 11, probba just visit citeh places maybe box hill. Idk wat Kas is doing.. or if he's even coming anymore.. Haven't heard anything from him for several days >_> Last time we talked about this trip he was trying to give his ticket to Ryan.
Well he has deleted himself from facebook, i've attempted to email him as well and can't seem to get through :/

I'd say at this time feel free to get ryan to come down with you if you want, unless you can get a hold of kas (I lost my phone thus don't have his number anymore)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i'll be in the CBD working. can take time out to hang out during your lunch break and do the usual rounds.

also, ashley and i are having dinner at merchant, rialto in the evening, you're welcome to join. place is a bit cash, but eh, i should treat my son every so often

then we're all going to my mate's going away party and probably drinking a bit

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So...

Pretty sure at this point that Kas/Syke/whatever simply decided to not get on their flights I paid for myself.

Sponsorship is the bomb

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I haven't received any call to pick anyone up, gg?
Unless they made their own arragements to be picked up (even after asking me about being picked up 2 days ago) then i'll assume they didnt come.

I'm hoping for a miricale to see them post about it/see them tommorow, but im not expecting anything :(

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Syke said he was going didn't he? Doesn't he have family down there that could probs give him a lift from the airport?

No idea what's happened to kas. That's pretty sad if he bailed though...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Syke said he was going didn't he? Doesn't he have family down there that could probs give him a lift from the airport?

No idea what's happened to kas. That's pretty sad if he bailed though...
I'm hoping someone has come, but I don't have a phone or such call Syke/Kas with and check out stuff.

Can only hope until i get home!

In other news, what are people doing tonight? I have no plans for anything Pre-ACL, any smash on tonight somewhere?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Zac's made it down -- Kas has bailed. I did a Korean tour of the city with Zeccy.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Brawl rules still haven't been confirmed at this point?
No ones provided me with a ruleset to update the first page, it may be confirmed but i haven't been provided them (check the ACL brawl ruleset thread in outhouse maybe?)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah i think leisha posted the ruleset somewhere in that thread
good work kas
are you setting up tonight?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My predictions for tomorrow:

Melee
1. Harry
2. Dekar